Dragon Quest 11 is coming to the west in 2018

Alantor32

10 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

I'm glad to hear it. This will be my first Dragon Quest game, so I hope it's good. I never had the chance to play any of the other mainline DQ games.

OHHHH you missed a HUGE awesome series. Even if im more a fan of the Dragon Quest Monsters series i highly recomment DQ games. 7, 8 are awesome . Wenn i was young i imported the DQ 7 NTSC version and had a PAL ps1 with NTSC chip build in .  Alot of effort for DQ .... oh and Digimon Wold 2 (which also never saw a EU release)

Edited by Xionx
  • Like 1

Just now, Kevvik said:

I can't believe that they haven't brought 8 over to PS4 yet, it's on iOS ffs.

Well, there's always the 3DS version that has extra features not found on the original PS2 and new party members exclusive to the 3DS version of Dragon Quest 8. And it's out in the west a few months ago.

29 minutes ago, Xionx said:

OHHHH you missed a HUGE awesome series. Even if im more a fan of the Dragon Quest Monsters series i highly recomment DQ games. 7, 8 are awesome . Wenn i was young i imported the DQ 7 NTSC version and had a PAL ps1 with NTSC chip build in .  Alot of effort for DQ .... oh and Digimon Wold 2 (which also never saw a EU release)

I knooow! :P I've wanted to play them for quite a while now, but I don't own any Nintendo platforms and the oldest console I have is a PS3. I wasn't aware of the series back when I owned a PS1/PS2. It's a mystery to me why they don't put up some of the older games on PSN as classics; I'd buy them in a heartbeat.

The only Dragon Quest game I ever played was VIII on PS2, I remember enjoying it (even if I had some trouble with some of the battles). I might look into this one once it's released. Do the characters still look like they were pulled right out of DBZ? xD

1 minute ago, Masamune said:

The only Dragon Quest game I ever played was VIII on PS2, I remember enjoying it (even if I had some trouble with some of the battles). I might look into this one once it's released. Do the characters still look like they were pulled right out of DBZ? xD

they are designed and drawn of akira toriyama . Same who made dragon ball , ^^ so yes .

• Like 1

Well it looks like I have my first confirmed game of 2018 (to buy when it releases). :D

Loved VIII, my last main entry. Heroes was great too and I also have Builders to play and Heroes II to get. This DQ love is great that we're getting lately.

Edited by DizzyDavidson
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, MMX20 said:

Well, there's always the 3DS version that has extra features not found on the original PS2 and new party members exclusive to the 3DS version of Dragon Quest 8. And it's out in the west a few months ago.

The problem is...it's on the 3DS. I couldn't get into DQ9 as deeply as I did DQ8 on PS2 because I really don't like playing on handhelds. I guess they are fine for quick gaming sessions while you're waiting on something but I don't want to play 100 hour RPGs on them. Hell, I'd pay $40 just for a straight PS2 on PS4 port (with trophies of course) of DQ8.

Edited by Killbomb
  • Like 1

in live from Playstation Japanese and Chinese players are spamming the photo section with screen shots of the main character covering his face with his hands, it looks funny and I swear it's just a matter of time to become a new meme, I just wonder why the character is doing that animation, is it when you failed to attempt something?

On 8/6/2017 at 11:02 PM, OJassassin said:

Will the American release of this game have a separate trophy list from the Japanese version?

I imagine it will. Seems like most Japanese games that make it over here have a separate list instead of just translating the Japanese trophy descriptions.

Anyway, went ahead and ordered Dragon Quest VIII on the 3DS despite my misgivings about handhelds. Looks like they've made some nice quality of life improvements to the game plus I doubt it will ever come out on PS4.

• 2 months later...