The 13 Plats of Halloween

Hey everyone! So I hope you all had a great Halloween yesterday and I hope you all had fun with all of your games! :D Congrats to everyone in this event for finishing their games! :P I managed to grab an hour yesterday which means that I platinumed 6 games that I had ready! :) I would have been able to do The Escapists if the toilet flooding trophy wasn't so random but never mind as I think 6 plats is quite spooky on it's own! :P Here's my list:

1. Resident Evil - DONE

2. Resident Evil 0 - DONE

3. Alien: Isolation - DONE

4. Kona - DONE

5. Claire - DONE

6. Home - DONE

A big thank you to @Toogie53 for hosting and coming up with this event! :D I don't think I've ever platinumed this many games before so I feel really happy about how I've done in the event! I'd definitely be up for your Christmas event and I definitely be able to find a bunch of games for it as well. I have a question though, can we complete games on different platforms that would have a platinum on the PlayStation? So for example, Dead Rising 4 will be getting a platinum when it comes out on PS4 but is 1000G on Xbox. I ask because I've got quite a few Xbox One games that would fit well for the Christmas event and I'm, hopefully, getting quite a few for Christmas as well. 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

1. Treat Everyday Like Christmas - Complete a game that is set during Christmas or a winter wonderland. Also acceptable is a game with a significant holiday DLC but both the main game and the specific DLC must be completed. 

examples: The Division, Batman Arkham Origins, Saints Row 4 (DLC), Costume Quest 2 (DLC)

2. There's Room for Everyone on the Nice List - Complete a game where a bad guy that becomes good by the end. You can also play something with morale choices where you can be evil or good. It's recommended you be evil first and then good for the theme but either way is fine.

Examples: Red Dead Redemption, Grim Fandango, Infamous, Mass Effect.

3. The Best Way to Spread Christmas Cheer is Singing Loud for all to Hear - For this one play any music based game, but I highly encourage a karaoke type game if you can manage it. 

Examples: Singstar Celebration, We Sing, Just Dance, Guitar Hero, Sound Shapes

BONUS: For an extra narwhal-themed badge you can complete a bonus game. 

Bye Buddy. I Hope You Find Your Dad - Complete a game that involves finding/reuniting with your dad. 

Examples: Song of the Deep, Fallout 3, The Walking Dead Season One. 

Dude that's Puppeteer for sure ? sound good, hopefully I'll finish that event fore sure, but still this one was pretty fun, I played  a lot of games I wouldn't for other reasons, also clean up a lot of games from my backlog I didn't think it'll be possible, very good job hoosting it :yay: 

Changed up my Halloween plans and got 30 platinums (actually I think it may have been 31 or 2. It was a long day). My gf and I decided to save some for Christmas and spreading them out like an advent calendar. Now I just need to narrow down the ones I want to do and then figure out when to "get rid" of all the others.

Ones I got yesterday (Horror are partway down):
Soulcalibur 2
Soulcalibur 5
Pacman
Mrs Pacman

Galaga
Dig Dug 
Cursed Crusade
Stranger of Sword City (Hardest boss fight I've ever done. I didn't die and it took me several hours to win. (I should note I wasn't on Easy difficulty)) [Platinum 70]
Zombie Driver HD
The Evil Within
Zombie Army Trilogy
Deadlight Director's Cut
Lone Survivor
The Escapists the Walking Dead
Resident Evil 6
Dead Space 3
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City
Maldita Castilla [Platinum 80]
Master Reboot
Bloodborne
Killing Floor 2
Dying Reborn
Don't Knock Twice
Goosebumps
Nightmares from the Deep
Rogue Legacy
Buff Knight Advanced
RWBY: Grimm Eclipse [Platinum 90]
Fat Princess Adventures
Dragon Age Origins
Dragon Age 2
Metal Gear Solid 2

I probably have around this many, if not more, still ready to go or ridiculously close but I am out of energy and would rather play some of my other horror games that have no platinum or no trophies. lol

53 minutes ago, RVMcypress_grave said:

My gf and I decided to save some for Christmas and spreading them out like an advent calendar.

That's such a cool idea! :) I'd love to do that, but I think this year, I'm going to save a platinum for Christmas.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RVMcypress_grave said:

Changed up my Halloween plans and got 30 platinums (actually I think it may have been 31 or 2. It was a long day). My gf and I decided to save some for Christmas and spreading them out like an advent calendar. Now I just need to narrow down the ones I want to do and then figure out when to "get rid" of all the others.

Hahahaha holy crap man. That is so many plats in a single day. When did you two start banking all those games away to do this?

17 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

Hahahaha holy crap man. That is so many plats in a single day. When did you two start banking all those games away to do this?

I think I saw a guy once with over 100. I wonder if he ever unlocked them.

I'm not sure when we decided to do it. Some of the games have been ready for years but in that time I've gotten plenty of platinums (RE0,1,7 for instance).
I guess it was kind of random but we did it once before with 10 platinums and after that I actually found out other people on this site do it as a yearly(?) event. The only difference with us is that we try to time the ones we can to unlock at the exact same time. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but it is always super close and super fun.

Since I had so many ready to begin with I didn't officially join the event (First post: "I'm done.") but it was a lot of fun seeing all the great games all of you have been playing. I'll be sure to at the very least lurk the next event too.

• Like 1

I tried my best to platinum Beyond Two Souls before Mario Odyssey came out. Alas, it was not meant to be. It was my fault. I decided to do a blind playthrough for my first go and unlocked a couple of trophies with that. I was aware of some of the trophy requirements but I only half heartedly attempted them. It meant that I needed to do another two playtroughs to get the platinum. Not a big deal. I enjoyed the game...

....but more importantly I enjoyed participating in this competition. Thank you very much @Toogie53 for hosting the comp. It was my first comp since I began posting on these forums and I enjoyed it very much.

Edited by Gengar
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gengar said:

I tried my best to platinum Beyond Two Souls before Mario Odyssey came out. Alas, it was not meant to be. It was my fault. I decided to do a blind playthrough for my first go and unlocked a couple of trophies with that. I was aware of some of the trophy requirements but I only half heartedly attempted them. It meant that I needed to do another two playtroughs to get the platinum. Not a big deal. I enjoyed the game...

....but more importantly I enjoyed participating in this competition. Thank you very much @Toogie53 for hosting the comp. It was my first comp since I began posting on these forums and I enjoyed it very much.

I'm glad you participated! I also hope you enjoy Mario Odyssey. I've heard nothing but high praise for it so far. 

13 hours ago, Pikachu said:

A big thank you to @Toogie53 for hosting and coming up with this event! :D I don't think I've ever platinumed this many games before so I feel really happy about how I've done in the event! I'd definitely be up for your Christmas event and I definitely be able to find a bunch of games for it as well. I have a question though, can we complete games on different platforms that would have a platinum on the PlayStation? So for example, Dead Rising 4 will be getting a platinum when it comes out on PS4 but is 1000G on Xbox. I ask because I've got quite a few Xbox One games that would fit well for the Christmas event and I'm, hopefully, getting quite a few for Christmas as well. 

My only issue with that idea is that I don't know where to track your xbox achievements. Is there an similar website to psnprofiles for xbox players? I don't mind going cross platform in the competition because the games are the same and the effort needed between platinum and 1000g are equivalent from my limited xbox experiences. I'm sure there are some exceptions, but I'm not too worried about that. These events are mostly to encourage catching up on old games/backlog, trying out new experiences, and sharing those with a community.

• Like 1

On 10/31/2017 at 4:31 AM, Evil_Joker88 said:

It's Halloween's Day in my country so i popped my 2 prepared games just now

:platinum: Dead Space

:platinum: Dead Nation (PS4)

Sadly i fell short to my own plans haven't completed Resident Evil 0 once so far ? but i'll work on it now to make it my next plat ?

I fell short on some plans too it happens. Dead Space plat is impressive though. Congrats on wrapping that up!

• Like 1

Thanks Toogie for the idea n maintaining the event. Awesome job! As for me, I was filled with dissapointment last night because I believe my trophy for optional conversations glitched in the last of us. I'm at 36/37 n finished up my grounded playthrough n I knew I got them all. I speed run to the point where I thought a conversation didn't count last night n still nothing. I then chapter select a few places that people say are glitched n nothing. Overall I got 3 plats in the event so I'm happy. Great job to everybody in the event some of you got some great plats. 

11 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

My only issue with that idea is that I don't know where to track your xbox achievements. Is there an similar website to psnprofiles for xbox players? I don't mind going cross platform in the competition because the games are the same and the effort needed between platinum and 1000g are equivalent from my limited xbox experiences. I'm sure there are some exceptions, but I'm not too worried about that. These events are mostly to encourage catching up on old games/backlog, trying out new experiences, and sharing those with a community.

Yeah there's a website called TrueAchievements that tracks Xbox achievements. I have the gamercard in my signature on here so it's easy for you to check up on :) 

11 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

Alright everyone! I have finished verifying and updating everyone's profiles. As a whole, for those of us listed as official participants over 125 platinums were earned! That's so crazy!! If we add in @RVMcypress_grave who has been a frequent contributor then it goes to 160ish, because that guy popped so many on Halloween! I'm going to send him the standard badge for his profile because he was pretty involved in the dialogue here even though he didn't get an official spot on the roster. Please let me know if some mistake exists on your trophy counts. I'm most concerned that I missed a game from @Surge3Beast because he finished with 12 and not 13 by my count. So many of you had strong showings and challenged yourselves. I am very pleased. In case you missed it, I'll be sending badges out over the weekend. Look for a private message from me in the forums.  

I plat this two during the event but didn't add them to my list ME3 NFSHP I think I could use ME3 as a bonus to reach the gold medal

P.S: I still so piss off about those glitched trophies in Oddworld ?