The 13 Plats of Halloween

8 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

Wooo. That's a tall order. Do you think you'll be able to pull it off with the amount of time left?

49 of the ones I want to do are all prepped and ready to go. I just need to finish up Final Fantasy XV since I would really like to include it (doing the dlc now because I want everything at 100%). I took most of my free time today playing the extra content and I will look at the trophy list for them tomorrow and see what I need to do. As long as I have enough time on Halloween to get these all unlocked I should be good. Not sure how long it will take though, even with easy trophies left to unlock it'll still take a long time i'd imagine.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

We're being invaded by pokemon renames!

11 hours ago, Uchiha_Snake__ said:

I was about to ask if there's a reason for that, maybe a joke or something on the premium users forum tho... if it is indeed something planned by some people, is cool thought ?

11 hours ago, Gengar said:

Well don't ask me. I just saw a few people doing it and I cave under peer pressure. ?

11 hours ago, Uchiha_Snake__ said:

I feel you, I almost did it myself hours ago ?

Join us... Join usss...

And yeah there is a plan, but that plan is little more than asking ourselves "Wouldn't it be funny if lots of people on the forum would rename themselves after Pokémon?" and getting other people to agree that it would be funny and join in themselves.

• Like 1

Dante's Inferno is donezo. That's 11/13 and overall my 70th platinum. 

Now tomorrow will dictate how I end this challenge. If Slayaway Camp goes up for sale I'm buying that and racing to plat it as one of the first people. I have patients tomorrow but I'm still gonna try.

If Slayaway Camp doesn't come out tomorrow then I gotta run through DOOM as fast as possible.

Then the only thing between the finish line and myself will be SAW 2 which is good timing with the new Saw moving coming out on Friday.

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Just gotta keep going.

Edited by DoctorDrPepper
  • Like 1

I've had a lot of fun getting my backlog down with this event so thank you! My last game should be done in the next few days. I know I'm close! But I work today (it's 3:30am atm) and Wednesday before I have another day off. 

I bought a few games this this past week (filling that backlog up again >.< ) but I hope week 2 of the Halloween sale brings something good. 

I have the utmost faith in you guys to finish your lists by next week! :D 

• Like 1

I was playing Nightmares from the Deep 2 to pad out my platinum count so that The Evil Within will be #40. I totally missed something right at the end. I caught myself, right as I was hitting the button to advance. I hit the PS button and quit instantly but it saved that I completed that milestone. So one extra play through for me... *sigh* 

4 hours ago, RVMcypress_grave said:

49 of the ones I want to do are all prepped and ready to go. I just need to finish up Final Fantasy XV since I would really like to include it (doing the dlc now because I want everything at 100%). I took most of my free time today playing the extra content and I will look at the trophy list for them tomorrow and see what I need to do. As long as I have enough time on Halloween to get these all unlocked I should be good. Not sure how long it will take though, even with easy trophies left to unlock it'll still take a long time i'd imagine.

Oh I see. You have more platinumss staged and ready to go than I have total. Haha. Man. That's crazy!

18 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

We are in the home stretch! A week from now, this whole thing will all be over! Its so strange to think about. You guys have made this idea of burning through a bunch of platinums a lot more fun for me. I've enjoyed coming to the forums everyday to see who has done what and learn about games I haven't experienced yet. You guys are awesome. I updated the main post again. I hit the point (again) where I have used too many emoticons in a single post. Those with ten or more were edited to look like :platinum:x10 etc. Like usual, speak up if I got something about your trophy count is incorrect. I expect Sale of the Dead week 2 tomorrow. So hopefully, some of you can find something cool to cap off your experience. 

P.S.  I've decided to do a steady stream of seasonal events focused on being realistic for casual gamers. I don't know how long I'll go for; but for the foreseeable future I'm all in. My next one will start on Thanksgiving Day and be Christmas themed and only involves committing to 3 or 4 games total. I plan to keep the group size at 20 participants. I'll post more details about it after Halloween and give you all the first opportunity to get a slot and carry on into the next event. I'm sticking with the merit badge style for profile badges until the next "13 Plats of Halloween." If you stick around, you'll have a nice-looking series of profile badges. About a week after I give you all first dibs, I'll make an separate post for that specific event and ask the public for sign-ups. For those that are following this thread/event but aren't official participants, you can also call dibs early, if you're interested.

P.P.S. Thanks for dealing with me learning how to run an event as we go. There's a bunch of things I think I could have done better. Mostly what I plan to change is surrounding the organization and tracking. I have some ideas about better engagement for participants. If you have any feedback for something you think could improve a future event, please send me a message. I'd love to incorporate that feedback before I start the next one. 

it had been fun :yay: I'd love to participate in other event made it by you, I will also keep participating in the Monthly Madness Event, both help me to clean some stuff from my backlog and make me try some other games I wouldn't even considered ?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

We are in the home stretch! A week from now, this whole thing will all be over! Its so strange to think about. You guys have made this idea of burning through a bunch of platinums a lot more fun for me. I've enjoyed coming to the forums everyday to see who has done what and learn about games I haven't experienced yet. You guys are awesome. I updated the main post again. I hit the point (again) where I have used too many emoticons in a single post. Those with ten or more were edited to look like :platinum:x10 etc. Like usual, speak up if I got something about your trophy count is incorrect. I expect Sale of the Dead week 2 tomorrow. So hopefully, some of you can find something cool to cap off your experience. 

P.S.  I've decided to do a steady stream of seasonal events focused on being realistic for casual gamers. I don't know how long I'll go for; but for the foreseeable future I'm all in. My next one will start on Thanksgiving Day and be Christmas themed and only involves committing to 3 or 4 games total. I plan to keep the group size at 20 participants. I'll post more details about it after Halloween and give you all the first opportunity to get a slot and carry on into the next event. I'm sticking with the merit badge style for profile badges until the next "13 Plats of Halloween." If you stick around, you'll have a nice-looking series of profile badges. About a week after I give you all first dibs, I'll make an separate post for that specific event and ask the public for sign-ups. For those that are following this thread/event but aren't official participants, you can also call dibs early, if you're interested.

P.P.S. Thanks for dealing with me learning how to run an event as we go. There's a bunch of things I think I could have done better. Mostly what I plan to change is surrounding the organization and tracking. I have some ideas about better engagement for participants. If you have any feedback for something you think could improve a future event, please send me a message. I'd love to incorporate that feedback before I start the next one. 

Woohoo! :D It seems like these last couple of months have gone by so fast and normally they go by pretty slow for me, so thank you everyone! :) 

Oooo count me in for the seasonal events that you do as I love these kinds of events! :D I'll definitely be in for your next event so you'll need 19 more people because one of those spaces is mine haha! 

Thanks for hosting the event! :D I've had a lot of fun with it and have enjoyed chatting to you all!

By the way, I've managed to get Kona ready to plat and I've started Claire which is actually really good. I'm enjoying it a lot and it's good value for what I paid for it.

44 minutes ago, xMissFantasy said:

When I posted last night, I didn't realize I was at the end of the game. Since I have some time before work, I decided to keep going and.. I was able to finish it! South Park: TFBW was really good. I have now officially finished all 13 of my games. :) 

Damn!!!! Winner winner chicken dinner! Sorry there is no prize. Just bragging rights. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

As of right now (we’ll have to see if someone syncs an earlier time) I have the very first platinum in Slayaway Camp in the world. Take Doom off my list, I’m putting this on as my crown jewel of this whole event.

12/13 now just Saw 2 left.

Woohoo! World first. Thats so cool!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

As of right now (we’ll have to see if someone syncs an earlier time) I have the very first platinum in Slayaway Camp in the world. Take Doom off my list, I’m putting this on as my crown jewel of this whole event.

Very well done! congrats :yay:

7 hours ago, ShakeNBake663 said:

Congrats to everyone! I did terrible, school ended up ruining the amount of gaming time I had D;

Work time did the same to me, but actually I consider I did much with the time I have even with some of my game picks lol ?

• Like 2

Platted Nightmares From the Deep. I nearly finished Fractured But Whole, but after 20 years of watching SP, it'd be a travesty to not use the game for a milestone, so...rip.

I have two days off in a row this week, so maybe I'll get something else done...I bought a ton in the sale this week at least, haha.

16 hours ago, Uchiha_Snake__ said:

Work time did the same to me, but actually I consider I did much with the time I have even with some of my game picks lol 1f605.png

Dont worry guys. I had fun chatting with you and stuff here. The goal was the excuse to have the event. I'm happy to have talked with you in the forums. 

8 hours ago, GlennRhee said:

Platted Nightmares From the Deep. I nearly finished Fractured But Whole, but after 20 years of watching SP, it'd be a travesty to not use the game for a milestone, so...rip.

I have two days off in a row this week, so maybe I'll get something else done...I bought a ton in the sale this week at least, haha.

Yeah that is a good milestone trophy. I'm currently working my way through something easy to get my next milestone as The Evil Within. I'm not a big fan of the game but ill be proud if I manage to plat it. 

7 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

You and I both on that front, I really have to curb that and actually finish some of the games first...

Me too. Although I have bought way less than I finished since this started. But I own about 250 games and have less than half finished. 

Here's a little update from me:

So I accidentally platted Claire last night. I had planned to get all trophies in one playthrough and then save before the very last part in the game so I could then reload on Halloween and platinum it. However, I took a look at the Item Hoarder trophy and thought that I couldn't risk it not unlocking on Halloween so I went ahead and finished the game. I got all the trophies apart from the Item Hoarder trophy so I started another playthrough. I was playing through it last night and I was keeping a tally of how many items I had collected and I thought, "I'll get to about 78 items collected and then I'll save and leave it for Halloween". The game had other ideas though as I got to 77 and it popped and so did the platinum :o. I'm happy with the platinum, but I just wish I could have platinumed it on Halloween :P

However, on the flip side, I got Kona ready to plat and have started The Escapists which is actually more fun than I thought it would be so I'm happy! :D Also would you mind if I did a double stack of Claire for the event as it's cross-buy so I got the Vita copy for free but I would like to play the PS4 version as well. 

Resident Evil - RTP

Resident Evil 0 - RTP

Alien: Isolation - RTP

Kona - RTP

Claire - Platted

Home - RT100%

The Escapists - 5%

How To Survive 2 - Probably won't start this before Halloween but who knows :P 

On 25/10/2017 at 4:35 AM, DoctorDrPepper said:

Congrats on being the first in the world to platinum Slayaway Camp! :D 

Well Done on getting all of your games nearly finished! :) 

On 24/10/2017 at 8:43 PM, xMissFantasy said:

When I posted last night, I didn't realize I was at the end of the game. Since I have some time before work, I decided to keep going and.. I was able to finish it! South Park: TFBW was really good. I have now officially finished all 13 of my games. :) 

Well done on finishing all of your games for the event! :D 

Its a little early for Friday update but whatever. I dont expect much to change for me because I am on my last game for the event, The Evil Within.  I'm not enjoying it so far and not just because of difficulty. 

The Plan

Tonight - Plat any game

Friday - Finish Survivor mode.

Saturday - Mop up any missed collectibles and the misc trophies

Sunday - Easy Mode Speedrun.

Monday - Akumu mode first half.

Halloween - finish Akumu and plat.

I admit I'm worried about this timeline, especially because my wife keeps adding little projects to my to-do list each day. In other news, my Vita turned up and it wasn't broken or anything.

@Pikachu I dont care if you stack Claire. I thought about doing it myself. 

Edited by Toogie53
  • Like 2

@Toogie53 You might want to do the Akumu parts before the easy speedrun because playing the easier difficulty could make it harder to adjust to Akumu mode. 
When you do play it upgrade those flash bolts (shock too and freeze doesn't hurt). I would have had a way easier time had I done so but I didn't use a guide and just played how I normally would (ever since RE2 I've never been a fan of crossbows. lol). I actually have had this game ready to platinum for so long I keep forgetting I didn't get the trophy yet.

Been playing Lithium: Inmate 39. So horrible yet so fun. 

But mainly horrible.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, xMissFantasy said:

Thanks! :P Just added two more today lmao 

Good luck with the rest of your event list! :) 

Ah the ever growing backlog! :P 

Thank you! :) 

8 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

@Pikachu I dont care if you stack Claire. I thought about doing it myself.

Okay, I might just do that, if I can make enough time between now and Tuesday. Thank you :) 

7 hours ago, RVMcypress_grave said:

@Toogie53 You might want to do the Akumu parts before the easy speedrun because playing the easier difficulty could make it harder to adjust to Akumu mode. 
When you do play it upgrade those flash bolts (shock too and freeze doesn't hurt). I would have had a way easier time had I done so but I didn't use a guide and just played how I normally would (ever since RE2 I've never been a fan of crossbows. lol). I actually have had this game ready to platinum for so long I keep forgetting I didn't get the trophy yet.

Been playing Lithium: Inmate 39. So horrible yet so fun. 

But mainly horrible.

Ok. I will trust your advice and swap that around. That should mean I'm speed running easy mode on Halloween instead of grinding out Akumu mode.

I rushed through Wheels of Aurelia today to set up my next game to be a milestone platinum. That one is just awful. I think in my bottom 5 games played of all time. I'd rather play 100 of those point and click games. Those at least entertained me. 

Edited by Toogie53