The 13 Plats of Halloween

1 hour ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

Head up. New PSN flash sale called Sale of the dead. Tons of games that fit our theme are on sale if you have any holes in your list you wanna fill up. 

http://ow.ly/oDIT30fWdfn

Good deals indeed, too bad I just bought some stuff from the past sale, and even if I add more funds to my wallet I probably won't be able to add those games in this event since I will be full of work these next weeks ? still, I could make my backlog a little big bigger ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Toogie53 said:

Yay finally. I don't need more games for this event, but I love deals. I was hoping for Costume Quest or Night Trap, but nope. I think I will pick up The Witcher Complete Edition and/or Salt & Sanctuary for sure. My backlog being huge already I don't think I'll spring for the Resident Evils this time, but they look tempting. Home is cheap enough at $1.99 that I want to just add it to the cart @RizzleAbbey12 What do you think of it so far?

Home is pretty good and for that price I'd definitely grab it! It's pretty short but the story is very good and has plenty of detail and depth to it and it was made by only one person as well. I got my copy for £2.00 when it was in the sale but if I'd have known how good it is, coupled with the fact that it's a first time game for Benjamin Rivers, then I would have been prepared to buy the full price for it out of support for him. It's also cross buy so that's even better. So in short, I'd say buy it! :) 

Also while I'm here, I have a small update for you:

I've finally gotten Alien: Isolation ready to platinum and have also started Kona and made some progress on Home as well! I'll be playing some more Kona tomorrow so I'll let you know what it's like! :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Miles_Warren said:

Tuesday update:

I finished Wolfenstein: Old Blood last night. I had some difficulty at certain stages of my UBER playthrough and some of the challenges weren't kind. Overall, I actually enjoyed the game which is odd considering I don't like FPS. Next up: Nightmares from the Deep 2.

I may start Beyond Two Souls after that.

Good job on wrapping up Wolfenstein! WOOT! I got your progress updated.

59 minutes ago, Uchiha_Snake__ said:

Good deals indeed, too bad I just bought some stuff from the past sale, and even if I add more funds to my wallet I probably won't be able to add those games in this event since I will be full of work these next weeks 1f602.png still, I could make my backlog a little big bigger 1f914.png

The eternal debate that's been raging for ages. 

7 minutes ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Home is pretty good and for that price I'd definitely grab it! It's pretty short but the story is very good and has plenty of detail and depth to it and it was made by only one person as well. I got my copy for £2.00 when it was in the sale but if I'd have known how good it is, coupled with the fact that it's a first time game for Benjamin Rivers, then I would have been prepared to buy the full price for it out of support for him. It's also cross buy so that's even better. So in short, I'd say buy it! :) 

Also while I'm here, I have a small update for you:

I've finally gotten Alien: Isolation ready to platinum and have also started Kona and made some progress on Home as well! I'll be playing some more Kona tomorrow so I'll let you know what it's like! :) 

Grats to you on Alien Isolation! That's a good one! Thanks for the info on Home. I'll definitely add it to my cart when I go to buy this week. 

Edited by Toogie53
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Toogie53 said:

Grats to you on Alien Isolation! That's a good one! Thanks for the info on Home. I'll definitely add it to my cart when I go to buy this week. 

Thank you! It's been in my backlog for a couple of years and I'm really gutted that I haven't touched it sooner as I have absolutely loved playing every minute of it :) No problem, I hope you enjoy playing it!

• Like 1

Just went and checked my mail because I forgot to earlier. and Undertale finally came today. Only a month late Fangamer, Thanks.

Think I'm gonna swap that with Amnesia on my list. I've heard too many people talking about the PS4 version causing motion sickness. Jazzpunk knocked me on my ass for like two hours when I played it. I can't deal with this motion smoothing and motion blurring stuff. But I'll get that done this weekend, along with Walking Dead season one most likely. Started South Park today and damn, it's super fun. Some of the multi leveled boss fights are a bit annoying on mastermind difficulty, but nothing too terrible. Def getting the Halloween vibe from it though with all the costume options. 

Quick one from me: 

Finished Amnesia, thought the last game was the weakest of the bunch. It was prettier and felt more cohesive, but the danger felt less threatening than the prior iterations. Overall, pretty good.

Did a bonus game: Don't Knock Twice. Thought it was going to be a better experience. It was just creepy and loaded with horror tropes without any of the satisfaction. Also, very good graphics, but the gameplay and "puzzles" were weak. The game got glitchy by the end. Short and easy trophy list, just not much of a game.  Only pick up on deep discount.

Halfway thru The Walking Dead: First Season. So far, I have found the first 3.5 episodes gratifying. Interesting characters and tangible developments and consequences make for a pretty gripping play thru. 

I'll probably try to mop up Grim Fandango. Not too excited for it, might just do a guided play thru to crush it. Then I'll tackle Lone Survivor and Salt & Sanctuary at the same time. Sprint to the finish!

I started playing Lone Survivor last night, I barely play for an hour and without a guide or anything (I'll try to make my firt playtrought by myself), I want that plat ?, I found out that even been an UR plat most of the people/forums said it's not extremely hard, but you need at least 3 playtroughts and will need some guides for some trophies, I think I remember some poeple here platting the game for this event, how muchs does it takes you ?? I hope i can plat it this weekend (I'll probably be free half of Saturday :awesome:)

Edited by Uchiha_Snake__
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Uchiha_Snake__ said:

I started playing Lone Survivor last night, I barely play for an hour and without a guide or anything (I'll try to make my firt playtrought by myself), I want that plat 1f62c.png, I found out that even been an UR plat most of the people/forums said it's not extremely hard, but you need at least 3 playtroughts and will need some guides for some trophies, I think I remember some poeple here platting the game for this event, how muchs does it takes you 1f914.png? I hope i can plat it this weekend (I'll probably be free half of Saturday :awesome:)

I've started it but I've probably only put an hour or so in too. I wanted to play more last night but I couldn't find my Vita. I probably set it on some random shelf in a room I rarely go into or something. I'll figure it out eventually. Not to discourage you, but I read ahead on a guide and you'll probably need three more playthroughs anyway. I think the playthroughs are only about 3 or 4 hours each so its not a huge investment if you want to finish the game playing blind first. You'll need to do or not do specific things in each playthrough to unlock various endings. There are several different endings so the guides will have you set up a couple different endings in a single playthrough and use saves to get a different ending without another full playthrough. Unless you combine your trophies just right, you'll need more playthroughs.

Edited by Toogie53

On 10/18/2017 at 11:51 AM, Toogie53 said:

Whoah. That came more quickly than I thought. Nicely done man. 

Just had to grind through some sub-missions and tackle miscellaneous things like collectibles, so it wasn't too bad.

I've also completed Hellblade. Overall it's a really good experience, but the combat does feel like it drags out at times.

It was a good game though. I recommend it to anyone who likes South Park and turn based tactics games.

With that plus Undertale I am now 9/13 complete.

1) SAW - complete

2) SAW 2 Flesh and Blood

3) The Bunker - complete

4) Batman The Telltale Series - complete

5) The Walking Dead Season One - in progress

6) The Escapists: The Walking Dead - complete

7) Resident Evil 5 - complete

8) Night Trap 25th Anniversary edition - complete

9) The Town of Light - complete 

10) Dante's Inferno

11) DOOM

12) South Park: The Fractured but Whole - complete

13) Undertale - complete 

Edited by DoctorDrPepper
  • Like 1

On 18/10/2017 at 6:57 PM, blu3st4rdust305 said:

Halfway thru The Walking Dead: First Season. So far, I have found the first 3.5 episodes gratifying. Interesting characters and tangible developments and consequences make for a pretty gripping play thru. 

Tension goes high into Ep 4 and Ep 5 has an ending which is something to behold. Hope you enjoy it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Tension goes high into Ep 4 and Ep 5 has an ending which is something to behold. Hope you enjoy it.

Twas very good. Pleasantly surprised at the solid storytelling the developers achieved. Gave me some hope other Telltale games are not as weak as Game of Thrones. 

Friday update:

I got the platinum in Nightmares from the Deep 2. Not sure if it was as good as the first game in the series but some of the puzzles were certainly harder. It was set up nicely for a third game in the series so I'm looking forward to that very much.

I'll start Beyond Two Souls tonight. I hated Heavy Rain so much but I noticed a few people have said this game is much better. I'm hoping they are right.

Just a quick update. 

I finished Stick of Truth last night and started the last game on my list: The Fractured but Whole. I plan to try and finish it by the beginning of next week but it all depends on my work schedule. So far I'm enjoying it. To me, it feels different than the first game but it's the same. Not sure if that makes sense haha. Guess it only will to those who have played the first. 

TGIF! Happy weekend trophy hunting guys! ✌️

Friday Update: I finished up the plat for The Last of Us early in the week. My only regret for TLOU was that I didn't stage it to be a milestone trophy. I had a good time with all of it, but the multiplayer community could be a lot better. I didn’t do “Grounded Mode” or the Left Behind DLC. I'll save 100%ing it for another time. From there, I haven’t done more for the event, partially because I misplaced my Vita. I have just two left to do, Lone Survivor and The Evil Within. I'm aiming to finish LS this weekend. I keep avoiding TEW. However, I’m confident that I can get it done before Halloween. Especially because I took a week off of work starting next Tuesday. 

Weekend Goals

• Find Vita
  • Platinum Lone Survivor
Edited by Toogie53

14 minutes ago, MadDogProskelion said:

Requests:

Replace Resident Evil 5 with The Wolf Among Us (platted on 8th Sept 2017)

Replace Resident Evil 6 with 'The Walking Dead: Season One (just started)

Many thanks.

Updating that now. 

.. and done. 

Edited by Toogie53

Friday Update:

So I started Kona this week and it's fantastic! :D I only thought that it would be a quick and kind of crappy game and that's why it was cheap but boy was I wrong. It has sooo much depth and detail in it and the scenery is amazing :o! I'm gutted that I haven't had much time to play it this week as I've been looking after my mum as she's been sick and my grandad's been sick as well but I'd rather make sure their okay first :). On the flip side, I'm getting a new game from the store this weekend as part of the Halloween sale and I have to decide between Serial Cleaner and How to Survive 2 so if anyone has any feedback on those games, then I'd be super grateful! :) I'll be adding whatever I buy onto my list depending on time restraints so I'll keep you posted. Oh I'm also playing Home now as I'm typing this while mum watches some Top of the Pops so I should be done with that in a couple of hours. @Toogie53, did you buy Home after all? :) 

Here's my stats:

Resident Evil - RTP

Resident Evil 0 - RTP

Alien: Isolation - RTP

Kona - 5%

Home - 28%

The Escapists - WTS

Edited by RizzleAbbey12