The 13 Plats of Halloween

8 hours ago, ImplyingYouCare said:

I'm putting that on break until I finish the Amnesia collection first since that seems fairly short. I lied, I tried to play Amnesia and the awful motion blur and distortion effects instantly gave me a bad headache. I've never once had that happen with a game before and there's no way to turn them off so I'm taking that off the list.

The motion blur was certainly an issue at first. The tutorial was rough between that and the textures used on the environments. Got used to it quickly, though, and made it thru the first game without lighting a torch for fear of losing count of the tinderboxes. 

I've finished the first two Amnesia games and have started the third. So far, this game has been the most successful from my list at getting my heart racing. There have been 3 sequences so far that stand out as well orchestrated and nerve wracking at first attempt. I failed an unpleasant number of times trying to do the perfect run of Amnesia: Justine, haha.

I would recommend it, even with the motion blue and pre-historic texture resolutions. Try getting a little further, I found the blur to hardly deter moving forward quickly.

Hope to plat it tomorrow, lining it up to be another milestone. 

19 hours ago, RVMcypress_grave said:

@RizzleAbbey12 I actually managed to get the Nightmare mode trophy from Deadlight! I was having a rough time in a particular portion with a horde of zombies so I tried looking up a guide but all the pc players get like 6 health (ps4 is 3 max) so they would just run in and take 4-5 damage so they were no help. lol
If you ever go for it again I'll give you what little help I can.

Blimey! :o Well Done! :D I take my hat off to you! :D 

17 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

Yes. The death count appears to go into the save file upon the screen going black. When the alien gets you, it makes a big show of killing you. It will hiss or circle around you and the hand slowly reveals itself before slashing you. You have several seconds to pause and reload the save before your death is counted against you. The facehugger is a jump scare. If you miss the audio cue that it noticed you, it will seemingly appear out of no where. Just suddenly BOOM! on your screen. Less than one second later the screen is black. In that amount of time, you are still reacting to the scare. If the screen goes black, you must reload previous save because your current save will have a death count.

Yeah that's probably what did it but never mind :D. I've started a new playthrough on Novice and I'm on Mission 10 already so tomorrow I should have the trophy if all goes well.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

Too bad i saw the new rules too late could've joined with 4-5 plats ready on Halloween :(  Either way wish you all happy time to hunt down ghosts/zombies/aliens whatever :D Trophies of course too :D

I'm sure the others wouldn't mind hearing about the Halloween games you are working on. I'm not in the event but I've been posting here myself and Toogie hasn't unleashed his wrath. ?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, RVMcypress_grave said:

I'm sure the others wouldn't mind hearing about the Halloween games you are working on. I'm not in the event but I've been posting here myself and Toogie hasn't unleashed his wrath. 1f606.png

Well if that's so i'll post when i have prepared my 3rd game plat on Halloween ?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Blimey! :o Well Done! :D I take my hat off to you! :D 

Yeah that's probably what did it but never mind :D. I've started a new playthrough on Novice and I'm on Mission 10 already so tomorrow I should have the trophy if all goes well.

Sounds like good progress. You'll manage it just fine. 

6 hours ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

Well if that's so i'll post when i have prepared my 3rd game plat on Halloween 1f601.png

Haha yeah. You guys can talk all you want and play along. I just put a cap on joining a couple weeks after we started officially. 

I got really sick this weekend ? but I managed to get the plat for DmC https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/1809-dmc-devil-may-cry/Uchiha_Snake__

Also not Halloween related but I got the plat for Mass Effect 3 to finally complete the original trilogy ?

Interesting fact, both ME3 and DmC have a trophy awarded for defeating 5000 enemies, both are silver... And both were the last ones I got ?

• Like 1

Update

so I've decided to switch my list around a bit. Mostly because Costume quest 1&2 don't have platinums, and this is called 13 platinums of Halloween (and also they never went on sale. I'm not paying full price for not platinums). So here is my new updated list with is now 7/13 complete. Just platinumed The Town of Light today. Very disturbing adventure game about turn of the century insane asylums. Fast plat.

1) SAW - complete

2) SAW 2 Flesh and Blood

3) The Bunker - complete

4) Batman The Telltale Series - complete

5) The Walking Dead Season One

6) The Escapists: The Walking Dead - complete

7) Resident Evil 5 - complete

8) Night Trap 25th Anniversary edition - complete

9) The Town of Light - complete 

10) Dante's Inferno

11) DOOM

12) South Park: The Fractured but Whole

13) Amnesia Collection

im still waiting for Fangamer to send me my physical copy of Undertale, which I want on this list. But this is my list assuming it doesn't show up in time. If it does, I'll sub it out for something later.

my new main goal is to have SAW 2 be my final platinum for this whole thing. It's got a trophy for playing the game on Halloween. Instead of just setting my clock forward, I want that to be the last trophy I get that gives me my last plat on Halloween. Seems like a cool way to end this whole shebang.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

my new main goal is to have SAW 2 be my final platinum for this whole thing. It's got a trophy for playing the game on Halloween. Instead of just setting my clock forward, I want that to be the last trophy I get that gives me my last plat on Halloween. Seems like a cool way to end this whole shebang.

There is also one for Christmas too, I assume you will be doing that prior to Halloween though.

Quite aptly named 'You wasted your life'...

2 hours ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

Update

so I've decided to switch my list around a bit. Mostly because Costume quest 1&2 don't have platinums, and this is called 13 platinums of Halloween (and also they never went on sale. I'm not paying full price for not platinums). So here is my new updated list with is now 7/13 complete. Just platinumed The Town of Light today. Very disturbing adventure game about turn of the century insane asylums. Fast plat.

That does sound like a good ending. I'm counting 100 percents too towards games so Costume Quests games can work. I picked 13 specifically with platinums myself. If I have time, I want to play Costume Quests as a bonus

Edited by Toogie53

I haven't made much progress recently. Almost finished with Wolfenstein: The New Order, just have the challenge levels left and made some progress in The Escapists. I would also like to switch up my list. 

1. Batman: Telltale

2. Claire

3. Costume Quest - done

4. Costume Quest 2 - done

5. Eventide: Slavic Fable

6. Lollipop Chainsaw

7. Murdered: Soul Suspect - done

8. Oxenfree - done

9. South Park: The Stick of Truth - done

10. The Deadly Tower of Monsters

11. The Escapists

12. The Walking Dead: Season 2

13. Wolfenstein: The Old Blood

• Like 1

On 10/13/2017 at 11:01 AM, Toogie53 said:

Friday Update - I finished the campaign on The Last of Us early in the week. After that, I wasn't up for challenging game play. I've been feeling fatigued this week. By the time I usually kick my kids off the TV and send them to bed, I'm ready to sleep myself. Normally, 8:30-9:00 PM is  when I hunker down and get a few hours of uninterrupted game time, because my wife works graveyard shift and heads to work around that time too. This week, I needed that extra sleep; but it means I didn't progress much at all on my three remaining games. I played some miscellaneous stuff that didn't take any real focus or effort. I didn't touch The Evil Within. I'm still at chapter 3. I haven't started Lone Survivor yet either. I don't have a lot going on this weekend, so I think I will be able to make some progress. 

Weekend Goals

• The Last of Us - Complete Firefly Journey in Multiplayer
  • The Evil Within - Get to Chapter 6
  • Lone Survivor - Complete one playthrough (3-4 hours I think)

I'll have to fight for the PS4 because my daughter has Overwatch Halloween Loot Box Fever. If I'm nice and let my daughter play a bunch of Overwatch, I'll probably play less TLOU and TEW and plat Lone Survivor instead since that's on my Vita. 

I technically didn't achieve any of my goals. I don't feel bad at all. I spent some good quality time with my wife, and took my dog to the dog park both Saturday and Sunday. I completed the Hunter journey in TLOU; not the Firefly one. I would have put Hunter as my goal if I had properly remembered which one I started. So that goal was actually completed. I started Lone Survivor, but didn't get far, I was playing that mid-afternoon on Sunday but dozed off within about 30 minutes and slept for a couple of hours instead. I didn't play The Evil Within at all again. I had the chance to play it last night after the kids went to bed, but I jumped back into TLOU and did about half of the Firefly journey. That platinum is within reach and I'm hoping to have it early in the week, maybe tonight. I enjoy the multiplayer gameplay even though I'm not very good at it at all. I try to be too aggressive and I fall into traps or get to far out from help. I can usually get a 1:1 ratio to kills vs deaths, so I feel OK about that because I'm at least holding my own. In my experience so far, the player base is really toxic. I've have heard tons of put downs, angry rants, etc. I think I personally have been called a fucking idiot about a dozen times from different players. But even if its not directed at me, I'd say about 80% of my matches have teammates being openly hostile with each other over voice chat. Pretty disappointing actually. 

I'll be updating everyone's trophies today. 

Edited by Toogie53
  • Like 1

@Toogie53 That's not too bad. Glad you spent some quality time with your family this weekend. 

I agree with you on TLOU's online being toxic. It's stuff like that that makes me not like online games. I ended up boosting my journeys on both PS3 and 4 because I could not take the amount of bs. I hope ND keeps the online out of TLOU 2. I find it's not necessary to have it, period. 

How are you liking Lone Survivor so far?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, xMissFantasy said:

@Toogie53 That's not too bad. Glad you spent some quality time with your family this weekend. 

I agree with you on TLOU's online being toxic. It's stuff like that that makes me not like online games. I ended up boosting my journeys on both PS3 and 4 because I could not take the amount of bs. I hope ND keeps the online out of TLOU 2. I find it's not necessary to have it, period. 

How are you liking Lone Survivor so far?

I'm still getting oriented. The first impression is good. It's reminding me of Claire a lot so far. I'm sure there is more to it than I've seen so far because of recommendations. It seems like it will have a lot of extra elements and be the stronger game. With Claire if you saw a monster you just had to run. With this, I've had the option of stealth and shooting so far. It's early on but the way the story is being presented feels a bit better too. I'm excited to see the story develop.

As for TLOU2 I really hope they do something about it too, or at least disconnect MP from the platinum trophy. I'm kind of tired of the passive role devs play in managing their own community. I really appreciate that Jeff Kaplan and team from Blizzard are attempting to do something for Overwatch. I know they are focused on PC but if they find a good solution I will expect it to be impacting to the entire industry. I like the multiplayer enough in TLOU that I kind of wanted to purchase some of the extra weapons like the crossbow. But then I was like, nah as soon as I get the platinum, I'm washing my hands of these players. It's not fun enough to overcome the toxicity. I've heard the occasional toxic troll in Overwatch but it's much less and to the level where I can still enjoy the game. I still play that game just for fun and buy the occasional lootbox when the event skins are interesting enough to me.

I work for a big online retailer and we have have some technology that judges the customer's emotional response in email, live chat etc based on their sentence structure and words that they use. When it detects an angry/upset state, the case goes to the experienced customer service leaders for review. It seems like it wouldn't be a big stretch to combine a system like that to these in-game interactions. I get a text message telling me what people said in my voicemail without having to listen to it. So it seems like, they could filter the voice chats and look for specific words. It doesn't even need the emotional state mumbo-jumbo. If you get detected calling someone a fucking idiot, 1 day ban. Then progressively worse. Until the truly toxic get their IP address banned permanently. Bonus points if it's across all games from that dev or on the server farm provider. 

I'm not a Blizzard fan boy though. I hate their trophies. They drive me nuts. They went past skill-based trophies into purely luck-based. Some are also getting progressively more unlikely with patches and rebalancing of characters. My kid has played the game a ton she's approaching level 600 and has about 25% of the trophies. Admittedly, she's not hunting trophies; but she's more skilled than me at that game. In competitive mode she is usually hanging around the upper gold/low platinum, which is kind of proof that these trophies won't come from normal skilled play. So that's my gripe about Overwatch did wrong.

Edited by Toogie53

42 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

Updates are done. If any of you see that I missed something, let me know!

lol I finally got a chance to quote myself :awesome:

23 hours ago, Uchiha_Snake__ said:

I got really sick this weekend ? but I managed to get the plat for DmC https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/1809-dmc-devil-may-cry/Uchiha_Snake__

Also not Halloween related but I got the plat for Mass Effect 3 to finally complete the original trilogy ?

Interesting fact, both ME3 and DmC have a trophy awarded for defeating 5000 enemies, both are silver... And both were the last ones I got ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Uchiha_Snake__ said:

lol I finally got a chance to quote myself :awesome:

Haha. I quoted myself for the first time today too when talking about weekend goals. I looked at your profile and even added DMC to your list. I must have just saw the 84% and figured you weren't done yet. But I totally remember reading about your plat and your fun facts yesterday. I'm just ditzy sometimes.

• Like 1

Here's a little update from me! :D 

I've finally managed to get the One Shot trophy along with several others which now means that Alien: Isolation is now at 92%! My profile is acting up a bit as it has hidden the last four games on my profile as I'm sure everyone else has had issues with. I'm not sure when it will be fixed but seeing as though your my friend on PSN anyway Toogie, you'll be able to check my trophies on there :)

Edited by RizzleAbbey12
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Here's a little update from me! :D 

I've finally managed to get the One Shot trophy along with several others which now means that Alien: Isolation is now at 92%! My profile is acting up a bit as it has hidden the last four games on my profile as I'm sure everyone else has had issues with. I'm not sure when it will be fixed but seeing as though your my friend on PSN anyway Toogie, you'll be able to check my trophies on there :)

I did notice your strange profile today. I couldn't even see Alien Isolation or any of your Halloween games on it. I thought you had hidden them yourself. I didn't know there was a bug with the lists. I'll mark it as ready to plat for you. I did see the notifications in my What's New area.

I was actually able to confirm your position on my phone. I can see you just need the collectibles trophies and more deaths by Alien. 

Edited by Toogie53

27 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

I did notice your strange profile today. I couldn't even see Alien Isolation or any of your Halloween games on it. I thought you had hidden them yourself. I didn't know there was a bug with the lists. I'll mark it as ready to plat for you. I did see the notifications in my What's New area.

I was actually able to confirm your position on my phone. I can see you just need the collectibles trophies and more deaths by Alien. 

Thank you Toogie! :) I've actually just updated my profile after earning a new trophy and all my games are back now so I'm happy! Oh I'll be adding Home to my list please as I've just started it 10 minutes ago so I could earn an easy trophy so I could update my profile haha :P 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

Head up. New PSN flash sale called Sale of the dead. Tons of games that fit our theme are on sale if you have any holes in your list you wanna fill up. 

http://ow.ly/oDIT30fWdfn

Yay finally. I don't need more games for this event, but I love deals. I was hoping for Costume Quest or Night Trap, but nope. I think I will pick up The Witcher Complete Edition and/or Salt & Sanctuary for sure. My backlog being huge already I don't think I'll spring for the Resident Evils this time, but they look tempting. Home is cheap enough at $1.99 that I want to just add it to the cart @RizzleAbbey12 What do you think of it so far?

Edited by Toogie53
  • Like 1

Tuesday update:

I finished Wolfenstein: Old Blood last night. I had some difficulty at certain stages of my UBER playthrough and some of the challenges weren't kind. Overall, I actually enjoyed the game which is odd considering I don't like FPS. Next up: Nightmares from the Deep 2.

I may start Beyond Two Souls after that.

• Like 2