The 13 Plats of Halloween

Hi guys~ I haven't updated much at all here since I haven't even had any progress to speak of, but I guess I should tell you guys that I did start Layers of Fear the other day! I like it and I did get rather nervous while playing it, but I also doubt it's the scariest thing out there lol.

My payday should also be coming soon, so I'll be buying and starting Zero Time Dilemma soon. It's an easy plat so I'm sure if I don't finish Layers of Fear soon I''l probably have my third complete with ZTD. Good luck to everyone, and you're all doing a great job~ :)

Friday update...on Saturday! Woo woo.

So, yeah. I can't even look at RER anymore without wanting to hurl my PS4 out the window. That's probably not conducive to gaming, so I'm just going to go ahead and remove it from my list. The funny thing is that I've actually done the majority of the things needed for the platinum, including NG+ and all of the annoying collectibles. I'm even up to level 45 on Raid mode. I just...don't want to play it anymore. It's boring, it's repetitive, and it makes me want to vomit. Begone with you!

Obviously, I won't have time to play many more games between now and Halloween, so I'm just going to go ahead and add the Crash trilogy to my list. I spent the majority of September working on those games, so it seems a shame not to include them, when they were probably the best games I played during this entire event. The only downside is that I already got 100% in all three of them, so I won't be earning all of my platinums on Halloween...but 10 is still pretty good. And I'm not bothering with the Arkham Knight DLC right now. That's another thing that's more frustrating than it is fun. And games are supposed to be fun.

So, for the remaining week and a half, I'll be sticking with Batman: The Telltale Series. I'll see you all on the other side.

1. The Escapists: The Walking Dead (23/25)
  2. Metro: Last Light Redux (48/50)
  3. South Park: The Stick of Truth (49/51)
  4. Batman: Arkham Knight (102/110)
  5. The Deadly Tower of Monsters (22/24)
  6. Dead Synchronicity (23/25)
  7. Resident Evil (43/45)
  8. Claire (14/16)
  9. Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek (10/12)
  10. Batman: The Telltale Series (6/31)
  11. Crash Bandicoot (25/25)
  12. Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back (25/25)
  13. Crash Bandicoot: Warped (25/25)
  • Like 3

Update:

1) South Park: Stick of Truth - done

2) Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

3) Claire - done

4) Dying: Reborn - done

5) Goosebumps - done 

6) Amnesia: Collection - done 

7) Murdered: Soul Suspect - done

8) Grim Fandango

9) Salt & Sanctuary

10) Oxenfree - done

11) The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season - done

12) White Night - done

13) 101 Ways to Die - done

Decided to try my hand with Claire, as I could not bring myself to boot up any of my remaining games from the list. Well done 2-D survivor horror story with health/sanity and item management. Glitched into Nightmare mode early on, made for a solid challenge. Mercifully, it is light on collectibles and I found them all through simple exploration. Probably a bad thing when facing the last series of rooms before the final puzzle and end sequence, as I only had one helpful item left. Died many times trying to go for the platinum in one run. Pretty fun though and I recommend it to anyone who would want to pick it up from the sale.

I will go ahead and replace Lone Survivor as the games share many similarities and I will likely not want to go thru another health/sanity management game before this event is up.

Also replaced Dead Synchronicity on the list.

Started Salt&Sanctuary and realized I was woefully underprepared for it. Might need to read up some more for a build strategy and restart for a smoother experience. Maybe I am just not up for a Souls experience right now. 

Also seriously considering replacing Grim Fandango, but no game comes to mind that would be short enough. Maybe the 2nd week of the sale brings a good candidate. 

Diablo is pretty much done, saving it to be #50, but that means I would need 2 more platinums on top of the 2 remaining ones from this event. Tall order ahead, but I should be up for it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, blu3st4rdust305 said:

Started Salt&Sanctuary and realized I was woefully underprepared for it. Might need to read up some more for a build strategy and restart for a smoother experience. Maybe I am just not up for a Souls experience right now. 

My first S&S playthrough was as an assassin, which I found to be extremely difficult. In my second playthrough, I used a 2H build with the Black Widow, which you can get early in the game. It made things about a hundred times easier, if that helps.

• Like 1

Just now, Cassylvania said:

My first S&S playthrough was as an assassin, which I found to be extremely difficult. In my second playthrough, I used a 2H build with the Black Widow, which you can get early in the game. It made things about a hundred times easier, if that helps.

That explains why I am having a hard time, haha. I'm not against challenges but what I did to start the game did not feel right. Thanks for the tip. 

Figured a bit more knowledge and good decision-making on the front side would pay dividends in the long run.

So here's another little update from me:

I've gotten Kona up to 83% completed so that should be ready to plat tomorrow which means I can then move onto my next game which shall be.... The Escapists! :) 

I'm looking forward to starting that so I'm excited for that and I've started writing a guide for Kona which is going well too. I've also brought a couple of new games that I'll be adding to my list and those are Claire Vita edition and How to Survive 2. I may also do the PS4 trophies for Claire as well but I don't know if that would be okay with you guys or not. I'll probably just end up doing it at a later date though or saving it for next years Halloween events! :)

Here's my list:

Resident Evil - RTP

Resident Evil 0 - RTP

Alien: Isolation - RTP

Kona - 83%

The Escapists - Starting Tomorrow

Home - RT100%

Claire - WTS

How To Survive 2 - WTS

• Like 2

Finished my first playthrough of Dante’s Inferno. Just need one more partial run for the last few trophies.

Also Slayaway Camp just went up on the site with trophies, and it’s got a platinum. If that comes out this Tuesday I’m def picking it up and putting it on my list. I wanna be one of the first 50 to complete it. It’s a super fun serial killer puzzle game. I played a bit of it on steam at a friends house and recommend it.

• Like 1

Wow. Lots of action this weekend. I will update lists when I'm at work tomorrow. I'm typing this up on my phone laying in bed.

My post weekend update: I was unable to find my Vita after a couple of hours of looking. I'm worried my kids broke it and hid it. They've done stuff like that before. Anyway, I bought Nightmares from the Deep from the sale for like three bucks and got the plat for that. I'm swapping it into my list and I will have to come back to Lone Survivor later.

I am really going to do The Evil Within this week. However, I want to stage it as platinum number forty so I'm currently playing some other stuff that isn't for the event. Staring Wednesday, I have a week off of work so I feel good about time. 

@Cassylvania I totally understand what you mean about stopping RER because the thrill is gone. I'm sure you will come back round to it eventually. I did that with Tomb Raider. Now that is been a couple months I've been willing to grind the multiplayer a bit more. I'm probably two hours of game time away from that "True Commitment" trophy now. Then I will replay the single player and actually have fun again. Hopefully you come back and finish off raid mode later.

• Like 2

Update: There's no update ? to be honest I didn't have much time to play, and the time I did have I used on Dragon Ball Xenoverse I bought it on the last sale and I really have fun with it, I just couldn't change the game once I started ? but I have no work tomorrow so I will go again for that basement in Lone Survivor I need to clear that one plus some other (idk what game) to get that beautiful gold medal I wanted all along ? if I'm lucky and got time, I'll probably just buy Telltale TWD or some stuff like that once I'm done with Lone Survivor

Good luck to y'all! :yay:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

@Cassylvania I totally understand what you mean about stopping RER because the thrill is gone. I'm sure you will come back round to it eventually. I did that with Tomb Raider. Now that is been a couple months I've been willing to grind the multiplayer a bit more. I'm probably two hours of game time away from that "True Commitment" trophy now. Then I will replay the single player and actually have fun again. Hopefully you come back and finish off raid mode later.

I know the trophy you're talking about. I've done it twice. The first time I did it, on my old account, I was sick and had nothing to do all day but watch movies and play video games, so I ended up getting the platinum in under three days. I think that's my only notable record. My second time around, it took a bit longer, but I actually kinda enjoyed it. I mean, as far as MP trophies go, at least you don't have to do it with other people. It's boring to do the solo method, but it's easy and requires very little concentration. If RER was like that, I'd probably be able to finish it. But I think this takes the cake for the worst MP mode I've ever seen. It's literally just a rehashing of the main game. Spread out over twenty stages and three difficulties. That would be bad enough, but then they had to go and add an experience meter AND bonuses to each stage, so you end up having to play every stage about half a dozen times, if not more. This is, of course, in addition to having to play through the main campaign (literally the same stages) twice.

I don't get sea sick, but this game might just change that!

• Like 1

I finished Wolfenstein: The Old Blood, Batman: Telltale, Eventide: Slavic Fable this weekend, and only have two trophies to go for The Escapists platinum. I would also like to add Party Hard instead of Lollipop Chainsaw. Which would mean this is my list: 

1. Batman: Telltale - done

2. Claire

3. Costume Quest - done

4. Costume Quest 2 - done

5. Eventide: Slavic Fable - done

6. Murdered: Soul Suspect - done

7. Oxenfree - done

8. Party Hard

9. South Park: The Stick of Truth - done

10. The Deadly Tower of Monsters

11. The Escapists

12. The Walking Dead: Season 2

13. Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - done

Edited by Surge3Beast

2 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

I know the trophy you're talking about. I've done it twice. The first time I did it, on my old account, I was sick and had nothing to do all day but watch movies and play video games, so I ended up getting the platinum in under three days. I think that's my only notable record. My second time around, it took a bit longer, but I actually kinda enjoyed it. I mean, as far as MP trophies go, at least you don't have to do it with other people. It's boring to do the solo method, but it's easy and requires very little concentration. If RER was like that, I'd probably be able to finish it. But I think this takes the cake for the worst MP mode I've ever seen. It's literally just a rehashing of the main game. Spread out over twenty stages and three difficulties. That would be bad enough, but then they had to go and add an experience meter AND bonuses to each stage, so you end up having to play every stage about half a dozen times, if not more. This is, of course, in addition to having to play through the main campaign (literally the same stages) twice.

I don't get sea sick, but this game might just change that!

Yeah, Hooray for solo multiplayer mode. One time my wife came in the room right as the match ended and complimented me on me 20-0 victory and made me laugh. 

• Like 2

I thought I messed up my no death run in Beyond Two Souls but I actually (somehow!) managed to save everybody. Thankfully I don't have to do another playthrough. I'm just going to grind out all endings before unlocking the remaining miscellaneous trophies.

Super Mario Odyssey is out on Friday so I'll be putting away my PS4 until the new year more than likely. Beyond Two Souls will probably be my last plat of the comp ?

Starting House of the Dead 4 right now.

I've been going through my list for games to platinum on Halloween and I've decided to go with 50. I have somewhere around 60 ready so now I have to narrow it down (about 19 are horror). The issue is my gf is doing this with me and figuring out milestones is tough since we don't have the same number of platinums to begin with. Then we have to factor in what games we can do at the same time and whether we have digital or physical copies for them (for instance MGS2 and 3 we have 1 physical disc but we have 2 discs for 4 and digital for Revengance and Peace Walker). Currently making sure at least one of our consoles has all the games on it.

So far my horror platinums would be:
Mother Russia Bleeds
Maldita Castilla
Bloodborne
Dead Space 3
Zombie Driver HD
Loner Survivor
Master Reboot
Resident Evil 6
The Evil Within
Zombie Army Trilogy
Goosebumps
The Escapists: The Walking Dead
Nightmares of the Deep
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City
Killing Floor 2
Deadlight Director's Cut
Dying Reborn
Dokuro
Don't Knock Twice

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Uchiha_Snake__ said:

I was about to ask if there's a reason for that, maybe a joke or something on the premium users forum tho... if it is indeed something planned by some people, is cool thought 1f602.png

Well don't ask me. I just saw a few people doing it and I cave under peer pressure. ?

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, RVMcypress_grave said:

Starting House of the Dead 4 right now.

I've been going through my list for games to platinum on Halloween and I've decided to go with 50. I have somewhere around 60 ready so now I have to narrow it down (about 19 are horror). The issue is my gf is doing this with me and figuring out milestones is tough since we don't have the same number of platinums to begin with. Then we have to factor in what games we can do at the same time and whether we have digital or physical copies for them (for instance MGS2 and 3 we have 1 physical disc but we have 2 discs for 4 and digital for Revengance and Peace Walker). Currently making sure at least one of our consoles has all the games on it.

Wooo. That's a tall order. Do you think you'll be able to pull it off with the amount of time left?

We are in the home stretch! A week from now, this whole thing will all be over! Its so strange to think about. You guys have made this idea of burning through a bunch of platinums a lot more fun for me. I've enjoyed coming to the forums everyday to see who has done what and learn about games I haven't experienced yet. You guys are awesome. I updated the main post again. I hit the point (again) where I have used too many emoticons in a single post. Those with ten or more were edited to look like :platinum:x10 etc. Like usual, speak up if I got something about your trophy count is incorrect. I expect Sale of the Dead week 2 tomorrow. So hopefully, some of you can find something cool to cap off your experience. 

P.S.  I've decided to do a steady stream of seasonal events focused on being realistic for casual gamers. I don't know how long I'll go for; but for the foreseeable future I'm all in. My next one will start on Thanksgiving Day and be Christmas themed and only involves committing to 3 or 4 games total. I plan to keep the group size at 20 participants. I'll post more details about it after Halloween and give you all the first opportunity to get a slot and carry on into the next event. I'm sticking with the merit badge style for profile badges until the next "13 Plats of Halloween." If you stick around, you'll have a nice-looking series of profile badges. About a week after I give you all first dibs, I'll make an separate post for that specific event and ask the public for sign-ups. For those that are following this thread/event but aren't official participants, you can also call dibs early, if you're interested.

P.P.S. Thanks for dealing with me learning how to run an event as we go. There's a bunch of things I think I could have done better. Mostly what I plan to change is surrounding the organization and tracking. I have some ideas about better engagement for participants. If you have any feedback for something you think could improve a future event, please send me a message. I'd love to incorporate that feedback before I start the next one. 

Edited by Toogie53
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

P.P.S. Thanks for dealing with me learning how to run an event as we go. There's a bunch of things I think I could have done better. Mostly what I plan to change is surrounding the organization and tracking. I have some ideas about better engagement for participants. If you have any feedback for something you think could improve a future event, please send me a message. I'd love to incorporate that feedback before I start the next one. 

Thank you for organizing the event! It played a big role in my posting and keeping up with the forums, even though I still mostly lurk around. I liked the fairly hardcore challenge of 13 platinum in 2 months and the relaxed guidelines allowed for creative variety in the game selection. Participants have been very helpful and insightful, for which I am also grateful.

I can definitely see myself participating in another themed event in the future. It helped me try out games I may not normally have played. Claire, 101 Ways to Die and Amnesia would have likely stayed off my radar had it not been for the theme and I would have missed out on 3 solid experiences.

As far as progress: I restarted Salt & Sanctuary as I realized I missed a conversation required for the platinum. The path has been easier than my first attempt, but I am still only about a third of the way thru. I recommend this game to anyone who enjoys action RPGs, souls type RPGs and the Metroidvania style of progression. It is a challenge and often reminds me of what I enjoy about gaming (until I get to a boss and get crushed a few times before I move forward).