Cassylvania's Miserable Little Pile of Platinums

Cassylvania

9 hours ago, Jens said:

Remember asking for a racing game and me recommending CTR? Well guess what got announced as a remake :P 

I saw that. Could be fun. But it better have local co-op...

You have me on the fence about that Swan game. Don't really need myself puking because of sensory deprivation. I've already played several games this year that gave me motion sickness. And then there's Darkest D, which just grosses me out.

I think I'm just going to do Valiant Hearts, Darkest D, GoW, and then either Bard's Gold or The Unfinished Swan, with the other being replaced by a game with a platinum. There should be a lot of games out there that involve money or water. GoW has both!

• Like 2

On 12/6/2018 at 9:10 PM, Cassylvania said:

WELL, I HAD PLANNED TO GO BACK AND WORK ON COLLECTIBLES BEFORE PROGRESSING FURTHER IN THE STORY (since I think I've gotten all the necessary upgrades), BUT THE KID IS KINDA BEING A BRAT RIGHT NOW, AND I DON'T NEED HIM BRINGING THAT ATTITUDE ON OUR SIDE QUESTS. ONE OF THE THINGS I LIKE THE MOST ABOUT THE GAME IS THAT IT HUMANIZES KRATOS' CHARACTER. AND I DON'T JUST MEAN, "OH, HE HAS A SON AND FEELINGS OF REGRET, SO WE CAN RELATE TO HIM MORE NOW" -- ALTHOUGH THAT IS IMPORTANT. WHAT I MEAN IS THAT WITH CHARACTERS LIKE BOY, HEAD, AND THE DWARVES (who are hilarious, by the way), KRATOS SEEMS LESS LIKE AN ASSHOLE, BECAUSE THEY PLAY OFF HIS PERSONALITY SO MUCH. THIS WASN'T REALLY EVIDENT IN THE ORIGINAL GOD OF WAR GAMES (well, I only played GoW 1 and 2), SO IT'S GOOD TO SEE HERE.

SO I NOTICED YOU SPREAD THE ASHES...WHAT DID YOU THINK? I UNDERSTAND WHY SOME PEOPLE MAY FEEL A LITTLE DISSATISFIED WITH THE END...BUT I REALLY LIKED IT AND AM LOOKING FORWARD TO WHAT'S TO FOLLOW! I FEEL A LITTLE BAD THAT YOU DIDN'T SPRINKLE IN A LITTLE OF THE SIDE MISSIONS DURING YOUR ZERG THROUGH THE STORY SINCE I FEEL LIKE THE REST OF THE PLATINUM MAY FEEL A BIT GRINDY FOR YOU...BUT FORTUNATELY IT ISN'T TOO HARD (OUTSIDE THE VALKYRIE'S).

On my side of things...I just finished Spider-Man and I have to say....I wasn't expecting it to be as emotionally taxing of a game as it turned out to be. The story was actually pretty good and I like the direction they are taking things. My only gripe with the game is the side quests were pretty tedious. There wasn't a ton of variety in the crimes you need to stop. These fetch quests were more of a chore for me than Dad of War and that will be the thing that puts Dad of War as my favorite game released this year that I played. From a pure enjoyment level, I think Until Dawn takes the cake for games I played this year...but that was because none of it felt like a chore and it was a lot of fun. I think one of my favorite things about Spider-Man is there is absolutely zero need for a guide and nothing was missable so you could just play however you want and enjoy the game.

I was able to move back into my house today, so my relatively dry couple of weeks of gaming is over! There's a ton of dust and shit to clean up, but it'll be nice to sleep in my own bed tonight. I think I'm going to knock out the 100% in Spider-Man and then start VC4. Next game is #75 and a milestone and I think Valkyria Chronicles deserves a spot on my wall.

I know you have written the Vikings off tomorrow, but I'll be pulling for them...my fantasy team needs a good game from Cook. With OBJ declared out tomorrow...I lost Emmanuel Sanders and OBJ (two of my three starting WR's...) going into the weekend due to injuries sustained from practice >< I don't feel quite as good heading into Round 1 of the fantasy playoffs. So heres hoping to a Derrick Henry game out of Cook and a Patriots win in Miami!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Briste said:

SO I NOTICED YOU SPREAD THE ASHES...WHAT DID YOU THINK? I UNDERSTAND WHY SOME PEOPLE MAY FEEL A LITTLE DISSATISFIED WITH THE END...BUT I REALLY LIKED IT AND AM LOOKING FORWARD TO WHAT'S TO FOLLOW! I FEEL A LITTLE BAD THAT YOU DIDN'T SPRINKLE IN A LITTLE OF THE SIDE MISSIONS DURING YOUR ZERG THROUGH THE STORY SINCE I FEEL LIKE THE REST OF THE PLATINUM MAY FEEL A BIT GRINDY FOR YOU...BUT FORTUNATELY IT ISN'T TOO HARD (OUTSIDE THE VALKYRIE'S).

Yeah, I wasn't really planning on rushing the story. I wanted to do side quests/collectibles as I progressed, but I felt like I should wait until I had all the necessary upgrades. By that point, the kid was in full brat mode, so I decided to keep pushing so that I wouldn't have to deal with his lip all the time. And once I got there, I was so close to the end that I just had to see it through. Honestly, without going into any spoilers, I thought the ending was perfect. Not sure what people have to complain about, as I've avoided all reviews for this game.

Was it the cliffhanger?

On my side of things...I just finished Spider-Man and I have to say....I wasn't expecting it to be as emotionally taxing of a game as it turned out to be. The story was actually pretty good and I like the direction they are taking things. My only gripe with the game is the side quests were pretty tedious. There wasn't a ton of variety in the crimes you need to stop. These fetch quests were more of a chore for me than Dad of War and that will be the thing that puts Dad of War as my favorite game released this year that I played. From a pure enjoyment level, I think Until Dawn takes the cake for games I played this year...but that was because none of it felt like a chore and it was a lot of fun. I think one of my favorite things about Spider-Man is there is absolutely zero need for a guide and nothing was missable so you could just play however you want and enjoy the game.

I'm thinking one AAA title for this month is enough for me. But I'd say VC4 is still my favorite title released this year. It's got some stiff competition, but mostly from colorful, solid platformers that I really can't consider masterpieces, just because of their length.

I will say, after playing through Dad of War (I'm just grinding out shit now, while watching YouTube), I wouldn't mind going back and playing through the older GoW games. That might FINALLY be the push I need to give PS Now a try. Can't do it now because of the holiday event (and my internet speed), but combined with XCOM 1, Demon's Souls, and Spec Ops: The Line, there might be just enough games to warrant a 3-month subscription. But I really, really don't want to have to climb that spiked pillar without getting hit again...

Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

Yeah, I wasn't really planning on rushing the story. I wanted to do side quests/collectibles as I progressed, but I felt like I should wait until I had all the necessary upgrades. By that point, the kid was in full brat mode, so I decided to keep pushing so that I wouldn't have to deal with his lip all the time. And once I got there, I was so close to the end that I just had to see it through. Honestly, without going into any spoilers, I thought the ending was perfect. Not sure what people have to complain about, as I've avoided all reviews for this game.

Was it the cliffhanger?

Yeah from the complaints I've read it was that. I talked to a few people that felt like it was an incomplete game since there was the cliffhanger. I told them it was more like an Empire Strikes Back ending than an incomplete story. I personally thought it was great. I thought they did an excellent job of interweaving the mythology in with a story that made sense. It was original (as far as I know) and it really made me excited about where they take the story from here. I was really surprised by some of the people who complained about the story.

11 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

I'm thinking one AAA title for this month is enough for me. But I'd say VC4 is still my favorite title released this year. It's got some stiff competition, but mostly from colorful, solid platformers that I really can't consider masterpieces, just because of their length.

I don't know when I'll play another AAA title...unless you'd consider the KH remasters AAA. I mean maybe they were 15 years ago, but not now. After VC4 I think I'm going to start up the Uncharted series. I was going to go with Alien: Isolation...but I think I want to have a few games to break up my series plan for 2019. Start with Uncharted and then mix in Alien: Isolation and maybe another game or two...then tackle the KH series with a couple stand-alones to break it up before finally getting to the Souls games. I think I should be able to get that all done in 2019...but we'll see :)

Are you able to watch football while tackling some of the sidequests or are you limited to tablet/pc viewing?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Briste said:

Yeah from the complaints I've read it was that. I talked to a few people that felt like it was an incomplete game since there was the cliffhanger. I told them it was more like an Empire Strikes Back ending than an incomplete story. I personally thought it was great. I thought they did an excellent job of interweaving the mythology in with a story that made sense. It was original (as far as I know) and it really made me excited about where they take the story from here. I was really surprised by some of the people who complained about the story.

Yeah... I guess, when playing through the main campaign, I didn't even expect a full story. This was clearly designed to be a soft reboot of the GoW series, and that means sequels are inevitable. Now, if this is the last game they ever make, then MAYBE I'd have a problem with the way things turned out, but there's no reason to think this doesn't at least become a trilogy. It's really no different than all the TV shows and movies nowadays that do the same thing. While I've voiced my concerns about that before -- ultimately, if it leads to better storytelling, I'm all for it.

Are you able to watch football while tackling some of the sidequests or are you limited to tablet/pc viewing?

Unfortunately, the only local channel I can watch is NBC, which means I'm restricted to Sunday night games only. The rest, I either have to go somewhere...or listen to the radio. That's actually how I spent last Sunday, cussing out both the Bears and Eli Manning for the better part of three hours.

I'm going to try moving the antenna to see if that helps, but at best I'll get a Browns game, which is like not having a TV at all.

• Like 3

I'd go!ment on all of that but sadly I am currently restricted to typing on what is essentially a glorified s!art phone ☎ because my computer is in the shop. Turns out dad was underestimating how long it would take to fix the accursed thing. I am stuck with this stupid tablet until the 14th. ? Worse, they may have to format which means I will lose all of my files... Including the texts where I have all of my passwords. ?

Oh well, guess that gives me a chance to focus on some trophies!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

I'm thinking one AAA title for this month is enough for me.

Well I think I may have found a milestone trophy you might like...in the Spider-Man DLC for Black Cat...one of the trophy names is "Bye Felicia". Just food for thought!

After that Patriots loss...I need to go drown my sorrows...

• Like 2

On 12/9/2018 at 10:12 AM, DragonQuest238 said:

I'd go!ment on all of that but sadly I am currently restricted to typing on what is essentially a glorified s!art phone 260e.png because my computer is in the shop. Turns out dad was underestimating how long it would take to fix the accursed thing. I am stuck with this stupid tablet until the 14th. 1f615.png Worse, they may have to format which means I will lose all of my files... Including the texts where I have all of my passwords. 1f622.png

I'm still trying to figure out how you managed you type go!ment instead of comment...

On 12/9/2018 at 2:06 PM, Jens said:

If only Dad of War wouldn't have gone through the "open world machine" and taken all of the tired old things open world games do... I would've liked it a LOT more. Definitely not nearly as bad as other games, but still slightly too much for my taste. It was still very good and calling it bad is pretty foolish in my opinion, no matter how much one disliked it. But there were just so many things I didn't want... give me corridors, give me 30 ice skeletons and just waltz through them. And no crafting, quick travel, collectibles and side quests. If only he would've climbed some radio towers to unveil the map square by square... But that's absolutely 100% on me, I would never deny that.

I could've done without the collectibles. I'm OK with the combat challenges and...some of the side quests. The one where you get attacked/betrayed at the end was hilarious because I killed the enemy in about two seconds, and it was one of the kill cam shots where Kratos just ripped her jaw straight off. I had a good laugh.

I don't see how anybody could call this a bad game, though. Clearly they've never heard of Phil.

20 hours ago, Briste said:

Well I think I may have found a milestone trophy you might like...in the Spider-Man DLC for Black Cat...one of the trophy names is "Bye Felicia". Just food for thought!

After that Patriots loss...I need to go drown my sorrows...

Bye Felicia sounds like a great 7k milestone. I'm hoping next year is the year we finally get a chance to do something better with our milestones. Otherwise, I wish they'd just give us the option to hide them completely. I'm tired of seeing that stupid Dust platinum on my profile. Plat #40 as a milestone, que loco...

That last play was insane. I wish they wouldn't call it the Miami Miracle, though. It should be the Double Lateral Dash or the Immoveable Gronk, because watching him try to make that tackle was...sad. And I say that as someone who loves him as a player. Either way, chin up! The Steelers lost, and KC was lucky to get out of there with a win. Your team should be fine going forward.

As for the Vikings... They had every potential NFC wild card team lose (at least the Browns are good for something), and now they need to beat Seattle to keep pace with the Bears. If this isn't a blowout, I fully expect a Cook fumble in the last two minutes to seal the win for the 'hawks. Kirk Cousins: 0-6 on MFN, and Minnesota: 0-4 in their last four games against Seattle. Here's to a c-c-c-combo breaker.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

If this isn't a blowout, I fully expect a Cook fumble in the last two minutes to seal the win for the 'hawks. Kirk Cousins: 0-6 on MFN, and Minnesota: 0-4 in their last four games against Seattle. Here's to a c-c-c-combo breaker.

lol I really hope not. So I know nobody cares about my fantasy team but me, but I'm down 12 points going into tonight's game...he is out of players and I have Cook going. I need 13 points out of him to win. It's not a ridiculous amount but it's far from a sure thing...if he's close to that total and fumbles it would be disastrous for my pretend team. I'm rooting hard for him tonight!

2 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

That last play was insane. I wish they wouldn't call it the Miami Miracle, though. It should be the Double Lateral Dash or the Immoveable Gronk, because watching him try to make that tackle was...sad. And I say that as someone who loves him as a player. Either way, chin up! The Steelers lost, and KC was lucky to get out of there with a win. Your team should be fine going forward.

It was one of the more painful regular season losses I've endured as a fan. It was a total team failure...the Pats O for being conservative and not going for the TD in the previous series. Coaching for having Gronk in on that play...he usually is in there for a hail Mary to bat down, but they were 69 yards out...no way there was going to be a deep pass there. Defense for obvious reasons and Gostkowski for Blair Walshing it up. They will still win the division, but they need to figure out winning on the road.

Good luck tonight!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

I'm still trying to figure out how you managed you type go!ment instead of comment...

That's the tablet's fault. xD

Anyways, they got my computer back this morning. The worst didn't happen, they just cleaned up all of the viruses and put a solid anti-virus on the system.

I was talking to my gym trainer about God of War and he said there has to be sequels because of the ending. It seems wherever Kratos goes, he has to kill an entire pantheon. xD

Still haven't touched Dragon Quest XI yet. I feel bad but Super Smash Brothers Ultimate's World of Light was taking up my life. I restarted three times after finding out a spirit team that can one-shot most spirit battles... as long as the field doesn't hurt you... or the enemy doesn't have a longer reach... or you get high winds that blow you off the stage... or it's an autoscroller stage because you move so f'king slow...

*sigh* ?

I am going to give my Nintendo Switch to my parents for the rest of the year so I can focus on my PS4. :(

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Briste said:

It was one of the more painful regular season losses I've endured as a fan. It was a total team failure...the Pats O for being conservative and not going for the TD in the previous series. Coaching for having Gronk in on that play...he usually is in there for a hail Mary to bat down, but they were 69 yards out...no way there was going to be a deep pass there. Defense for obvious reasons and Gostkowski for Blair Walshing it up. They will still win the division, but they need to figure out winning on the road.

Oh God, you evoked the spirit of BW right before a Seahawks game. We're doomed.

But yeah, I don't understand why Gronk was out there either. By playing him, you ruled out any chance of a 70 yard Hail Mary (which I doubt Tannehill could throw anyway), and made that ridiculous play possible. Way too many coaches overthinking themselves at the end of games this year, in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, DragonQuest238 said:

I was talking to my gym trainer about God of War and he said there has to be sequels because of the ending. It seems wherever Kratos goes, he has to kill an entire pantheon. xD

They definitely set the stage for sequels. Everything seems to be a trilogy these days, so I guess that was to be expected. 

What I will say, though, is I really like how they were able to soft reboot this series. I don't think any series doomed itself more to the possibility of future installments than God of War. I mean, who was left for Kratos to kill? You can only go so far up the chain of gods and mythological creatures. But what they did here was really good, and I enjoy this version of Kratos far more than what the original GoW and GoW2 gave us.

So, anyway, I started Valiant Hearts: The Great War. It's pretty great so far. I may even have to change my pick for best character of the year to the dog from VH. If only VC4 had made the in-game dog this useful...

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

I mean, who was left for Kratos to kill? You can only go so far up the chain of gods and mythological creatures. But what they did here was really good

Yeeeeah riiiiight, since Kratos destroyed the family of Greco-Roman mythos, they decided to ship him to Norway to take out all of the Norse mythos instead. xD Also, it seems that Kratos lives in a bizzare alternate universe where the gods are pure evil. :D

I really need to stop playing Super Smash Brothers Ultimate. I got my a$$ handed to me by several Legends, including ones in the World of Light! Dr. Wily's spirit battle sucks; you fight eight Mega Mans and they spam their buster shot so all of my health is drained and I get defeated because it's a stamina battle with a HP meter. :facepalm:

A pathetic but predictable performance by the Vikes last night. I didn't watch it, but now I'm reliving it, as Kratos the Norseman struggles to kill his winged counterparts. Those Valkyries are tough!

I wish there was a guide for the Darkest D DLC. I really want to know whether I should tackle that this week, or play something different for Colly Birds...

What's that, you say? A holiday sale? Let's check it out.

14 hours ago, DragonQuest238 said:

I really need to stop playing Super Smash Brothers Ultimate. I got my a$$ handed to me by several Legends, including ones in the World of Light! Dr. Wily's spirit battle sucks; you fight eight Mega Mans and they spam their buster shot so all of my health is drained and I get defeated because it's a stamina battle with a HP meter. :facepalm:

Hm, interesting. I watched a guy stream the game for about an hour and it was looking too easy. Glad there's somewhat of a challenge hidden in there at least!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cassylvania said:

A pathetic but predictable performance by the Vikes last night. I didn't watch it, but now I'm reliving it, as Kratos the Norseman struggles to kill his winged counterparts. Those Valkyries are tough!

I felt pretty bad watching it...they were just abysmal on offense. The good news is I won my fantasy game and really had no business doing so. That garbage time TD pass with just over a minute to go gave me the victory. With the Valkyries...I found that the runics made a huge difference. I got my best results from using the Leviathan Axe runics, then switching over to the Blades of Chaos to use those runics. Usually by this time, my rage was up and I could use that. When that wore off, the runic attacks would be ready to go again. I wore equipment/used runes that sped up the runic timers, and then would cycle through. I also always made sure to carry a recovery potion that gave you max rage. The only one that gave me any real trouble was the Queen. I only died once or twice for each of the other ones, if I died at all. Good luck! I found them to be fun fights overall.

What's that, you say? A holiday sale? Let's check it out.

If you are still looking for a French Hens entry...Fe was only $4.99. I picked up Blackwood Crossing since you have me intrigued. I also grabbed The Order: 1886 since it was 2.99. There's a lot of pretty good deals....I was tempted to pickup Shantae: Half Genie Hero, but I have so many games to play already I decided to wait. Fortunately the sale is a month long if I change my mind.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Briste said:

I felt pretty bad watching it...they were just abysmal on offense. The good news is I won my fantasy game and really had no business doing so. That garbage time TD pass with just over a minute to go gave me the victory.

Glad they were good for something on Monday! Fortunately, they were saved by the rest of the putrid NFC. They're only realistically competing with the Eagles, Panthers, and Packers (believe it or not) for the #6 seed. Two more wins SHOULD be enough. They would eliminate the Packers. The Eagles and Panthers would have to win out, which I don't see happening with the Rams and Texans (for the Eagles) and Saints x2 (for the Panthers) on tap. This puts me in an awkward situation because I'm not sure whether to cheer for the Bears or the cheese this week. If the Bears go 0-2 (against the Packers and 49ers) and the Vikings 2-0 (against the Dolphins and Lions), that means the Week 17 Bears/Vikings game will decide the division. Realistically, however, it's better if the Bears keep winning. That'll eliminate GB for good (always worthy of a celebration), and maybe make that Week 17 game meaningless for them. There's also a chance the Vikings end up playing Chicago in back-to-back weeks if that happens. Similar to the one good game Christian Ponder had, where they got a wild card spot by beating the Packers in Week 17, only to get slaughtered by them the next week (in that horrendous Joe Webb game).

Here's the best scenario I can come up with. The Vikings beat the Dolphins (who won't be playing with nearly as much energy as they did against NE), lose to the Lions (because that's what the Vikings do), and beat the Bears, who are resting players because they've already locked up the #3 seed. Then we all find out Kirk Cousins has only been PRETENDING to be awful, to catch opponents unaware. Their two games against Chicago give them all the edge they need to knock out the Bears two weeks in a row. Meanwhile, the Cowboys win a playoff game (this is how you KNOW I'm drunk as I type this), and Seattle goes home sad. This has to happen because the Vikings are unable to beat the Seahawks. After that, who knows? The Vikings were competitive against the Rams and Saints, and I don't see LA having much of a home field advantage if they get there.

All this is unlikely, of course, but the Vikings have already played four of the teams in the playoffs this year, and it's hard to beat the same team twice.

With the Valkyries...I found that the runics made a huge difference. I got my best results from using the Leviathan Axe runics, then switching over to the Blades of Chaos to use those runics. Usually by this time, my rage was up and I could use that. When that wore off, the runic attacks would be ready to go again. I wore equipment/used runes that sped up the runic timers, and then would cycle through. I also always made sure to carry a recovery potion that gave you max rage. The only one that gave me any real trouble was the Queen. I only died once or twice for each of the other ones, if I died at all. Good luck! I found them to be fun fights overall.

Good advice. I'll let you know how my fight against the Queen goes. Will probably save that trophy for last.

If you are still looking for a French Hens entry...Fe was only $4.99. I picked up Blackwood Crossing since you have me intrigued. I also grabbed The Order: 1886 since it was 2.99. There's a lot of pretty good deals....I was tempted to pickup Shantae: Half Genie Hero, but I have so many games to play already I decided to wait. Fortunately the sale is a month long if I change my mind.

I ended up doing Valiant Hearts for that. It's actually a pretty good game. Doesn't have a platinum, so it won't get that fancy announcement like the rest of the games in this thread, but I'd recommend it if you see it on sale. Good story, interesting collectibles (if there is such a thing), and a nice soundtrack. I guess it's a puzzle platformer, but there's a historical element as well.

The Order: 1886 is a good game (and the platinum is my #1886th trophy ?). Some people complained that it was too short, but meh. People complain when they have to stand in line for free doughnuts.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Glad they were good for something on Monday! Fortunately, they were saved by the rest of the putrid NFC. They're only realistically competing with the Eagles, Panthers, and Packers (believe it or not) for the #6 seed. Two more wins SHOULD be enough. They would eliminate the Packers. The Eagles and Panthers would have to win out, which I don't see happening with the Rams and Texans (for the Eagles) and Saints x2 (for the Panthers) on tap. This puts me in an awkward situation because I'm not sure whether to cheer for the Bears or the cheese this week. If the Bears go 0-2 (against the Packers and 49ers) and the Vikings 2-0 (against the Dolphins and Lions), that means the Week 17 Bears/Vikings game will decide the division. Realistically, however, it's better if the Bears keep winning. That'll eliminate GB for good (always worthy of a celebration), and maybe make that Week 17 game meaningless for them. There's also a chance the Vikings end up playing Chicago in back-to-back weeks if that happens. Similar to the one good game Christian Ponder had, where they got a wild card spot by beating the Packers in Week 17, only to get slaughtered by them the next week (in that horrendous Joe Webb game).

Wow! Did you come up with these scenarios by yourself or did you read that somewhere? If you did this by yourself that is A LOT of homework. Fortunately for me, I usually just have to remember the Patriots play in the AFC east so that means we win the division. I read something yesterday about how the Giants can still make the playoffs. It's a rubics cube scenario, but they are technically not eliminated yet.

(this is how you KNOW I'm drunk as I type this)

lol what was the occasion? Just a cold night in PA or did you have a Christmas party? What was your poison?

The Order: 1886 is a good game (and the platinum is my #1886th trophy 1f61b.png). Some people complained that it was too short, but meh. People complain when they have to stand in line for free doughnuts.

That is a super impressive feat that you were able to plan that out. If we can someday pick our own milestones...I think that is a noteworthy one for you. I have used a similar line with some of my co-workers in the past. We got free pizza for lunch from our company and they were bitching about where they got it from. I told them they were the type of people that would bitch about the taxes if they won the lottery.

On the topic of a potential impressive feat...it appears like you plan on doing the 12 days of Christmas event in order of the song...and it also appears that you plan on having Castlevania be Platinum number 150...do you have everything mapped out already to make it so? If so, you're attention to detail with this is top notch! I'm way more of a 'fly by the seat of my pants' type when it comes to my milestones.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Briste said:

Wow! Did you come up with these scenarios by yourself or did you read that somewhere? If you did this by yourself that is A LOT of homework. Fortunately for me, I usually just have to remember the Patriots play in the AFC east so that means we win the division. I read something yesterday about how the Giants can still make the playoffs. It's a rubics cube scenario, but they are technically not eliminated yet.

Oh, this is usually the time of year where I sit down and figure out ways the Vikings can make playoffs (however improbable) and also hilarious scenarios that could play out. My favorite scenario right now involves the Vikings having the worst regular season record ever for a playoff team (6-9-1). To do that, the Panthers need to lose out (which they should anyway, having to play the Saints twice), the Redskins need to lose the next two games (which should happen, since they're without a QB), the Eagles need to lose the next two games (which might happen, since they play the Rams and Texans), and then unfortunately you need the Eagles and Redskins to tie in Week 17. The Lions have to beat the Vikings but lose their other two games, the Packers need to beat the Lions but lose their other two games, and the Bucs and Giants can only win one game each at most. The tie kinda ruins it, despite all of those other scenarios being probable, BUT it means the Vikings even have a decent chance at 7-8-1.

The only thing I read says that the Vikings have something like an 82% chance of making playoffs. But if they don't, I hope the Giants get in, just for LOL's sake.

Now, as an aquatic biologist, I don't normally advocate for the killing of marine life, but I hope the Vikings slaughter the Dolphins this week and raise that to 95%.

lol what was the occasion? Just a cold night in PA or did you have a Christmas party? What was your poison?

I wasn't actually drunk. I just wanted to take a cheap shot at the Cowboys (my brother's favorite team).

Come to think of it, my sister's favorite team is the Dolphins. Things could get ugly here.

On the topic of a potential impressive feat...it appears like you plan on doing the 12 days of Christmas event in order of the song...and it also appears that you plan on having Castlevania be Platinum number 150...do you have everything mapped out already to make it so? If so, you're attention to detail with this is top notch! I'm way more of a 'fly by the seat of my pants' type when it comes to my milestones.

I think so. I need to get five more plats before Castlevania, which I'm planning for #11 (it could also work for #10, so I gave myself some margin for error). Right now, #6 and #8-10 have platinums, so I really just need to give up Darkest D (#4), Bard's Gold (#5), or The Unfinished Swan (#7), and replace them with a game that has a plat. Fortunately, those are some of the easier categories to fill in, so I have options.

I don't normally plan things out this far in advance, but I figured this was for a special occasion.

With Valiant Hearts done now (easy game, but the medic trophy kinda sucks), I might dip my toe back into the Darkest D waters to see how bad this DLC is. If it looks too long or hard, I'll just grab a plat game for Colly Birds. Need to move quickly here because I gotta return GoW to GameFly so they can send me another game on the list. It will likely end up being something for Drummers, since I don't currently own anything that fits that category.

• Like 2

I was thinking about buying Blackwood Crossing from the recent holiday sale on PSN to complete my own 12 Days list since it seems that that game is dark, if you said it made you feel bad. ;)

Anyways, I'm dump the Unfinished Swan from personal experience. Don't get me wrong, it's a great story... but that Minimalist trophy is the biggest turd I have had to deal with since you have to basically walk through the level blind and risk dying a lot and can only use three ink splats to find your way. That's against the nature of the game!

As for trophies for myself, I am running through the Vita version of LEGO Star Wars: the Force Awakens(I have the PS4 version but not touching it because it has DLC, even though I swore never to worry about DLC trophies) and I will probably try to force myself to earn another platinum or two before Christmas. Holiday doldrums are the worst, especially since I spent a lot of money on NX for Maplestory. Free-to-play my buttocks, if you don't want to look like a diseased lion, you have to spend NX to get time-restricted items to cover your hat. :(

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DragonQuest238 said:

I was thinking about buying Blackwood Crossing from the recent holiday sale on PSN to complete my own 12 Days list since it seems that that game is dark, if you said it made you feel bad. ;)

It's definitely a good game for Colly Birds (or French Hens). In fact, I wish I had used it for that instead of my free space. But it's OK. I already have four of the five DLC trophies in Darkest D. It's not too bad. The DLC just stands a new area called the Farmstead where you fight an onslaught of enemies, rather than traveling through a dungeon. Kill a bunch of enemies, get a trophy. Kill a bunch more enemies and a boss, get a trophy. Kill a bunch more enemies, that boss, and a bigger boss, get a trophy. And then there seems to be another mid-boss that spawns randomly in dungeons that I ran into by accident. Kill him, get a trophy.

What's the last trophy? Kill 300 enemies. I assume that means 300 enemies in a row, in Endless Mode. That...won't be easy. I'm at 79 now, and my team is in terrible shape. The Sleeper (the bigger boss) absolutely wrecked me. I'm probably going to have to retreat and rethink my strategy. Jester seems like a must here. As usual, stress heals are more important than regular heals, and my Houndmaster just isn't cutting it. Lepers are AMAZING, though. I think Leper is position 1, Jester in 3, Vestal in 4, and whatever (maybe Houndmaster) in 2 should work. The problem is they introduced a bunch of new mechanics that I haven't figured out yet, like stealth enemies that can only be hit or revealed by certain attacks, and oh they made it so some skills only have a limited number of uses. Why?

Shieldbreakers are supposed to be good. Maybe I'll try one.

4 hours ago, DragonQuest238 said:

Anyways, I'm dump the Unfinished Swan from personal experience. Don't get me wrong, it's a great story... but that Minimalist trophy is the biggest turd I have had to deal with since you have to basically walk through the level blind and risk dying a lot and can only use three ink splats to find your way. That's against the nature of the game!

Okay. Hm... Suppose I could do Heavy Rain for #7. That has water AND swans. But the trophies are so...ugh.

For now, let's see if I can wrap up Darkest D. TO THE SLAUGHTER!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

Okay. Hm... Suppose I could do Heavy Rain for #7. That has water AND swans. But the trophies are so...ugh.

I can't speak for Heavy Rain but the trophies for Detroit are very similar (same company and all) and it's not as bad as I thought it'd be (highly recommend it, I saw you had GameFly which is how I played it. They're sending me God of War next). Anyway, the guide on here is really good by the looks of things and it should only take 20-25ish hours if the trophies are as similar as they seem, and that's with a blind playthrough. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Kent10201 said:

I can't speak for Heavy Rain but the trophies for Detroit are very similar (same company and all) and it's not as bad as I thought it'd be (highly recommend it, I saw you had GameFly which is how I played it. They're sending me God of War next). Anyway, the guide on here is really good by the looks of things and it should only take 20-25ish hours if the trophies are as similar as they seem, and that's with a blind playthrough. 

Yeah, I've already done Heavy Rain before. I wouldn't mind playing through it again, because I did enjoy the story, but it's tedious having to get all the endings. I'm not sure that's a game I want to rush, when I could play something original.

Darkest D is going to be tough. I tried Endless Mode again and only got to 83 kills. Ashes to Ashes requires 300 kills. From what I understand, it used to be really easy, so the developers patched the game because of "balancing issues." Now, classes like the Jester are almost mandatory, and others have been made useless. Not really doing yourselves any favors here after I talked up your game by saying any class combination is viable, devs. Oh, and the PS4 version is broken, so I can't build any districts. Those are necessary for some upgrades. In short, the odds are stacked against me -- even more than usual.

Unfortunately for Red Hook, I thrive on a challenge.

Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Cassylvania said:

I thrive on a challenge.

We're like night and day then. I mean I won't back down from completing a game, but recently I have been less interested in any game except two which don't give trophies(though they have their own achievement systems, Super Smash Brothers unlocks cool photos of characters in the game when you complete challenges. Wish I could hammer that stupid challenge to clear Classic Mode on the hardest difficulty, but nope, they locked that. :() so it will take some time.

Also, another LEGO game is in my GameFly roster. I really should cancel the sub for the time being so I can focus on stuff that I had used to like. I was all hyped about Dragon Quest XI and now I haven't touched it, will probably have to start it all over. *sigh*

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Oh, this is usually the time of year where I sit down and figure out ways the Vikings can make playoffs (however improbable) and also hilarious scenarios that could play out. My favorite scenario right now involves the Vikings having the worst regular season record ever for a playoff team (6-9-1).

You should apply to NFL.com or something as a writer/contributor. If you consistently do stuff like that, it's very interesting and I'm sure it would get a lot of clicks. People love reading/talking about playoff scenarios. Plus with your flair, it'd be entertaining as well.

Every once in a while I'll check out ESPN.com to see if they have any interesting positions available I could do since they are located in Bristol, which is about 45 minutes to an hour away from me. Usually, the jobs available involve some sort of web design or programming, which I have no ability with. What I'd love to do is be the person that updates the live-stream of games for the website. That'd be pretty sweet job. Of course, my dream job is to be the official score keeper for the Boston Red Sox...but for now I guess banker will have to do.

23 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Now, as an aquatic biologist, I don't normally advocate for the killing of marine life, but I hope the Vikings slaughter the Dolphins this week and raise that to 95%.

Are you an Aquatic Biologist like you were drunk the other night, or did you actually go to school for that :) ? I also wouldn't mind seeing them do to the Dolphins what the Japanese did to them in that South Park episode.

That game last night was really good. While I have to give the Chargers a lot of credit for going for two there trying for the win..it really didn't make a lot of sense. If they were going to go for it there...they should have gone for it on the previous touchdown. That way if they failed to convert the the first time, they had a second opportunity to convert to tie should they score again. It was pretty exciting but also overshadowed a bit by the questionable officiating. But it did open the door back up a little for the Patriots to get that #1 seed.

23 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

I don't normally plan things out this far in advance, but I figured this was for a special occasion.

I call BS lol anyone that was organized enough to plan the 1886 Plat to be their 1886 trophy is a pretty savvy planner. Maybe the in advance is the important part of that sentence though...Do you have any other interesting planned trophies for specific numbers? I'm a little disappointed that I didn't pay much attention to the milestones or cool things like that until the last year or so. Fortunately, none of mine are terrible but if I had the choice I'd only have every 25th platinum show up and probably only every 1000th trophy. Awesomely, if they do let us modify and I can pick #25...my 25th Plat was XCom 2 :)

Yeah, I've already done Heavy Rain before. I wouldn't mind playing through it again, because I did enjoy the story, but it's tedious having to get all the endings. I'm not sure that's a game I want to rush, when I could play something original.

Is Beyond Two Souls the second part of that series? I feel like I have one or both of those games in my backlog from PS+ sale. I've heard they are good...

Darkest D is going to be tough. I tried Endless Mode again and only got to 83 kills. Ashes to Ashes requires 300 kills. From what I understand, it used to be really easy, so the developers patched the game because of "balancing issues." Now, classes like the Jester are almost mandatory, and others have been made useless. Not really doing yourselves any favors here after I talked up your game by saying any class combination is viable, devs. Oh, and the PS4 version is broken, so I can't build any districts. Those are necessary for some upgrades. In short, the odds are stacked against me -- even more than usual.

All I got for you is a big yuck....

• Like 2