Cassylvania's Miserable Little Pile of Platinums

Cassylvania

4 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Supposedly, you can cheese it by jumping off a ledge with Skye repeatedly as soon as you throw the bird. I wasn't able to get it to work, but you can check out a video if you're interested.

I think I saw that video. Might try it. I'm sending Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 to the couch for the time being because I lost the Rumble Race you have to win in Terra's Story to advance the plot. That's why I hate racing games. ?

I also didn't realize 358/2 Days was trophyless on the PS4. That was supposed to be my Partridge in a Pear Tree, but now that feels like a cop-out.

Don't feel bad. I still haven't gotten my game for 4 Colly Birds yet.

13 minutes ago, DragonQuest238 said:

I think I saw that video. Might try it. I'm sending Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 to the couch for the time being because I lost the Rumble Race you have to win in Terra's Story to advance the plot. That's why I hate racing games. 1f620.png

Hm, that must be one of the later games... I won't be starting KH2 until I get Sora and Riku to level 99. Which is a ridiculous requirement, by the way. Why even have a level 99 when you're likely to be around level 50 when you beat the game, and there's no additional content? Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Anyway...

Platinum #143 - Blackwood Crossing

1L387843.png

Yup. Just as depressing the second time through. And, after thinking it over for a few days, I can officially say this is THE saddest game I have ever played. Yeah, The Last of Us, Life is Strange, and Last Day of June had their moments, but they all dealt with concepts and situations that I couldn't really relate to (like a zombie apocalypse). This...really hit home. Like, I wasn't kidding when I said I was too sick to play something else after finishing it. For that reason, I think I'm going to have to recommend it. It's short (maybe 2 hours to platinum, if you use a guide), but you really owe it to yourself to play it through blind the first time. There's only one puzzle that stumped me, and that's because I'm an idiot.

And, with that, we're underway with our Christmas games. Ho, ho, ho!

• Like 2

On 11/23/2018 at 11:19 PM, Cassylvania said:

Could you take the Vita and go back to Space Hulk? That would be mindless enough that you just could do it between social interactions, and maybe even finish off your 40k kills.

This was a good idea. I was thinking of starting a new Vita game instead, but this is a great opportunity to get a big chunk done here. I've probably been able to get about 4 hours worth done this week.

The bad news is that not all of the materials have arrived to finish our renovation by today...the good news /sarcasm is that I get to live at my in-laws house for one more week until everything shows up and they can finish the work. This will give me the chance to get more Space Hulk done. I was able to play Spider-man for about an hour this week when I went back to check on the work. I was able to even get a couple of trophies. My wife told me that if I wanted to hang out at our house tomorrow to watch football, it was cool with her :) I'll get some Spider-man in before the big game at 4:25. I have no idea what to expect...both our teams have shown an ability to play well and stink up the joint. I'm happy the game is in Foxboro since the Patriots have played so poorly on the road. I'm mostly hoping for a good game, but a Pats win would be nice considering the Steelers gifted them the #2 seed back last week. Also...how crazy is this Kareem Hunt story? I'm shocked they released him...I mean they should...but it's not often you see teams do that. With Ray Rice, he was just about washed up when he was released...Hunt is one of the top backs in the league. I'm sure he'll get another chance, but what a crazy story.

On 11/23/2018 at 11:19 PM, Cassylvania said:

ANYWAY, amidst all the drama, I did get a chance to see Creed II. It was A-MAZ-ING. I'd argue it was better than Creed (which was already really good) AND the original Ivan Drago movie (yes, Rocky IV). There were only a few people in the movie theater (we went in the early morning), but they were laughing and cheering the whole time. This is legitimately as good of a sequel as Rocky II, which is extremely high praise coming from me, since that is one of my favorite movies from one of my favorite series of all times.

Now, I just need to see Ralph Breaks the Internet, and pray it's just as good...

Considering how much I loved the Rocky movies (except for V), it's borderline criminal that I haven't seen Creed yet. It's on my list, I just haven't gotten around to it. I'm glad to hear that Creed II was good. I took my son to see Ralph Breaks the Internet today...I'd give it a C+. It had some good moments, but I just didn't like it the same. There is one big continuity thing right out of the gate that kind of soured it for me...I mean one of the biggest premises of the first one was that Vanellope was stuck in her game due to her glitch, however in the opening credits she's sitting outside her game talking with Ralph...and they never mention it or acknowledge she can do this now. I feel like it would have been easy too to say that since her game was reset when she won, she is back in the coding and can now leave her game...but they didn't and it really bugged me throughout the movie. I wish we saw the Grinch instead and waited for this one to come out on video. Oh well, there is always next weekend :)

On 11/29/2018 at 6:59 AM, Cassylvania said:

Anyway, I just spent my morning watching 1987's Summer School on cable TV. I couldn't think of a better use of my time.

Speaking of awesome 80's movies, I'm a little mad at myself for not watching Plains, Trains and Automobiles this year at Thanksgiving. I usually do every year and this year I just forgot. I'll have to add it to my annual Christmas list which includes Home Alone, Die Hard and Christmas Vacation.

On 11/30/2018 at 10:07 PM, Cassylvania said:

WELL, I JUST STARTED A NEW GAME. YOU ARE PROBABLY WONDERING WHY I AM WRITING IN ALL CAPS. WELL, YOU SEE, THE GAME IS DAD OF WAR, AND APPARENTLY IT TURNS MY PS4 INTO A JET ENGINE, SO THE ONLY WAY YOU WILL BE ABLE TO HEAR ME IS IF I TALK OVER IT. PLUS, I AM PRETTY SURE KRATOS YELLS LIKE THIS ALL THE TIME, SO IT'LL BE GOOD ROLE-PLAYING. BEFORE I DELVE TOO DEEP IN, THOUGH, I WAS LOOKING THROUGH MY PSNP STATS -- I HAD A LOT OF DOWNTIME WHILE WATCHING 358/2 DAYS, YOU SEE -- AND I NOTICED THAT NOVEMBER 2018 IS MY BEST TROPHY-HUNTING MONTH ON RECORD, WITH 317 TROPHIES EARNED. THAT BEATS OUT THE INFAMOUS AUGUST 2017 -- YES, THE SAME MONTH I STARTED THIS THREAD -- RECORD BY THREE TROPHIES. LET'S GIVE IT UP FOR NOVEMBER 2018. HOORAY.

lol I really hope you like it. Having played two of the major AAA 'Game of the Year' games this year, I will say that I think I liked Dad of War slightly more than Spider-Man. I say this knowing that I haven't yet finished Spider-Man so it is an incomplete comparison...but I think my love for Mythology may surpass my love of comic book themed things...It'll be close though.

I put in for a new position at work which I think I will really enjoy in the long-term, however in the short-term it sounds like it may be A LOT of hours and a big commitment It could really put a dent into my trophy hunting habit. Since I plan on tackling some epic games in the near future, it may be a month per game (or longer) so I may have to really pump the brakes on these events going forward. I guess we'll just have to see! Good luck tomorrow Cassy!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Briste said:

My wife told me that if I wanted to hang out at our house tomorrow to watch football, it was cool with her :) I'll get some Spider-man in before the big game at 4:25. I have no idea what to expect...both our teams have shown an ability to play well and stink up the joint. I'm happy the game is in Foxboro since the Patriots have played so poorly on the road. I'm mostly hoping for a good game, but a Pats win would be nice considering the Steelers gifted them the #2 seed back last week. Also...how crazy is this Kareem Hunt story? I'm shocked they released him...I mean they should...but it's not often you see teams do that. With Ray Rice, he was just about washed up when he was released...Hunt is one of the top backs in the league. I'm sure he'll get another chance, but what a crazy story.

This is what last year's Super Bowl should've been! There were three games I chalked up as losses when this season began: @Eagles, @Patriots, and @Seahawks. I figured if they won any two of those, they'd win the division, and I'm sticking to that. And if they have to lose one, let it be this week, NOT against the Seahawks. That game has huge implications. Also, I'm hoping the Giants' microscopic chances of winning the NFC East allow them to sneak a win against the Bears.

Yes, I'm putting my faith in Eli Manning. This has worked never.

(And yeah, the Hunt story is nuts. Great for you, though -- this could be the straw that broke the Chiefs' back.)

Considering how much I loved the Rocky movies (except for V), it's borderline criminal that I haven't seen Creed yet. It's on my list, I just haven't gotten around to it. I'm glad to hear that Creed II was good. I took my son to see Ralph Breaks the Internet today...I'd give it a C+. It had some good moments, but I just didn't like it the same. There is one big continuity thing right out of the gate that kind of soured it for me...I mean one of the biggest premises of the first one was that Vanellope was stuck in her game due to her glitch, however in the opening credits she's sitting outside her game talking with Ralph...and they never mention it or acknowledge she can do this now. I feel like it would have been easy too to say that since her game was reset when she won, she is back in the coding and can now leave her game...but they didn't and it really bugged me throughout the movie. I wish we saw the Grinch instead and waited for this one to come out on video. Oh well, there is always next weekend :)

That's a bummer. The original Ralph is probably in my top 3 favorite animated movies of all time. Maybe I'll just wait for a rental, since nobody seems to want to go with me anyway.

lol I really hope you like it. Having played two of the major AAA 'Game of the Year' games this year, I will say that I think I liked Dad of War slightly more than Spider-Man. I say this knowing that I haven't yet finished Spider-Man so it is an incomplete comparison...but I think my love for Mythology may surpass my love of comic book themed things...It'll be close though.

SO FAR, IT'S BEEN PRETTY GOOD. AS YOU KNOW, I LOVE ALL THINGS NORSE. I TOOK ADVANTAGE OF THE FACT THAT THERE IS NO DIFFICULTY-RELATED TROPHY (FOR ONCE) AND DECIDED TO PLAY ON NORMAL, SO I CAN JUST ENJOY THE STORY. I'M STILL GETTING MY BUTT KICKED FROM TIME TO TIME. ALSO, I LOVE THIS GAME'S RIDICULOUS AND CONVOLUTED WAY OF EXPLAINING "FAST TRAVEL." I'VE NEVER SEEN A DESIGN TEAM SO COMMITTED TO TRYING TO WORK A LAZY MAN'S GAME MECHANIC INTO THE WORLD.

Probably going to relax with some football today. The next game I need to platinum is Andy Gryphon, and I really don't feel like doing that no upgrade speedrun.

• Like 2

Should the price drop for a PS4 Pro next year I'm thinking of trading in my vanilla PS4 after I transfer everything over.

Personally I don't see the logic behind buying a PS4 Pro for the graphics. Most games that get benefit out of this are the brand new AAA games. I just see it as pointless that the older AAA titles this generation had to get a PS4 Pro update, and I have received these updates when they do absolutely nothing for a Vanilla/Slim PS4 console.

Better performance and higher FPS would be my reason to buy a Pro, not to look at shiny 4K graphics. I can build a custom desktop if I want to go that route of seeing the best and brightest in technology.

If anybody is like me who plays a lot of older games from the PS3 era and a lot of niche indie titles then there's no real reason to buy a Pro. I think I'll do just fine when I get around to the Spyro Reignited trilogy and the Castlevania compilation, neither of which I have bought yet.

Plus I'm strapped for cash, so I have to make due with what I have for the next several months until I get a better job that pays more.

On 12/1/2018 at 10:58 PM, Briste said:

I'm a little mad at myself for not watching Plains, Trains and Automobiles this year at Thanksgiving. I usually do every year and this year I just forgot. I'll have to add it to my annual Christmas list which includes Home Alone, Die Hard and Christmas Vacation.

I remember that movie! It was a very great landmark for good old Steve. Steve Martin really fits the dad role very well(I've seen a bit of Parenthood) but also has some funny rules(I've seen Dirty Rotten Scoundrels in full and the twist at the end was cool). ^_^

But nothing will ever match The Wizard, mainly because Mario was a co-star in that film. Remember when they revealed Super Mario Brothers 3 and now everyone speedruns it these days? Those were the days! :D

I saw a video saying that Gamestop is going to go bankrupt because once the Internet becomes efficient game companies will stop making physical copies of games because downloading them is far more efficient. I feel a bit depressed about that because... remember when video games came in cardboard boxes and had fancy instruction manuals with illustrations? :(

Anyways, I did manage to game a bit - I found that the Vita version of Reverie stacks so I am going to platinum that as my next plat. I really should be working on my lists but I am burning out, and with other games outside of the Playstation fold taking my time, I am not sure if my trophy hunting career is as dead as Gamestop will rumor to be. :(

• Like 1

On 12/2/2018 at 0:18 PM, Jens said:

THAT'S PROBABLY A NERDY QUESTION, BUT HOW IS THE PERFORMANCE ON YOUR NORMAL PS4 OTHER THAN MAKING IT LOUDER THAN A JACKHAMMER? IT WAS THE SECOND GAME I PLAYED EXCLUSIVELY ON MY PS4 PRO AND I CAN'T IMAGINE IT LOOKING SO SLICK AND RUNNING SO QUICK (CALL ME LIL' JENS FOR DEM SICK RHYMES). KINDA CURIOUS ABOUT THE COMPARISON.

Honestly, I haven't noticed any problems. Compared to this stupid Gryphon Knight Epic game -- which slows to a crawl whenever there are too many projectiles on the screen -- Dad of War is seamless. A lot of fun too. I'll probably upgrade to a 4K TV before I even consider a PS4 Pro, and a PS3 before I even consider a 4K TV. Can you imagine how much fun I would have with a full library of PS3 games!? XCOM alone would keep me occupied for months.

Instead, I got junk like this to waste my time...

Platinum #144 - Gryphon Knight Epic

1L736fb8.png

Every now and then, I like a good bullet hell game, but this was all of the hell and none of the bullet. Very, VERY stupid trophy list too. Beating the game with no upgrades or purchases? Dumb. Beating the game on the hardest difficulty? Fine, but at least give me checkpoints. Beating the game in under 2 hours? Better have a USB stick. Having a main protagonist with a mustache and an unhealthy obsession for world travel? For shame.

This is surprisingly a difficult game too. I'm not going to recommend it, but at least it's short and doesn't take itself too seriously. Unfortunately, it requires a bit too much concentration to be something you can mindlessly chip away at while watching TV. I missed a whole hour of House because of this!

Also, the last trophy glitched. I had to redo the last level (on a different save file) in case the same thing happens to someone else.
Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Unfortunately, it requires a bit too much concentration to be something you can mindlessly chip away at while watching TV. I missed a whole hour of House because of this!

Thank goodness I avoided this game like the plague, although they announced a game called Betty Bat's House Hunting or something where you are a bat grabbing gems from birds, and might be a stupidly simple platinum. xD

I can't tell you whether I'll do it because my computer is getting sent to emergency treatment at the local Best Buy the day after my birthday. My birthday is two days from now and I expect great things. I'll be too busy Smashing and Mapling for the next two weeks to be interested in playing anything on PS3 or  PS4, but I am going to rent a Vita LEGO title now and then to try to fill up my roster a bit.

• Like 1

On 12/4/2018 at 8:23 PM, Jens said:

I'll just edit this in because I keep forgetting to ask you that for ages. If you notice it, cool. If you don't... still not worth a double post :P What was your favorite Darkest Dungeon class?

Hm... What's nice is they all have their uses. I didn't like the Leper on my first playthrough, but he was awesome on NG+. Vestal and Plague Doctor are probably the most useful, though. You NEED a healer (the Occultist is too risky), and the PD's crowd control is amazing. The Jester is good for stress heals too. My ideal team would include all three, but they're all best in either the third or fourth position, so you're kinda forced to choose between them or put in a few shuffle moves (which I what I did). Houndmaster was great before the patch.

I'm tempted to get the DLC trophies for Colly Birds, but I have plenty of other horror titles to choose from. SOMA, anyone?

14 hours ago, DragonQuest238 said:

I can't tell you whether I'll do it because my computer is getting sent to emergency treatment at the local Best Buy the day after my birthday. My birthday is two days from now and I expect great things. I'll be too busy Smashing and Mapling for the next two weeks to be interested in playing anything on PS3 or  PS4, but I am going to rent a Vita LEGO title now and then to try to fill up my roster a bit.

Happy (almost?) birthday! Can't believe Maple Story is still around. That's a really old game now...

As for me, if you were taking bets on whether I'd reach level 99 with Sora or get all the enemy cards first...well, the race is down to the wire. I have all but ONE enemy card (Air Soldier), and I'm level 96. I'm just farming Air Soldiers in Twilight Town, which gives pretty decent XP, and we'll see what happens first. After that, I guess we're on to French Hens! It horrifies me to think that somebody might actually choose Phil for that category...

Can anybody vouch for Wheels of Aurelia? I think it's set in Italy, and that's pretty close to France.

Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Cassylvania said:

Can anybody vouch for Wheels of Aurelia? I think it's set in Italy, and that's pretty close to France.

I can vouch that it's by far the worst game I've ever played. I have Mayo on my profile and I found that more interesting than this game. Gameplay is boring, characters are annoying, trophy images are ugly, and the story is terrible. Please save your time. xD

If your looking for a French Hens game I recommend a Mundi game. They're short, fun and easy and most have pretty decent stories and beautiful artwork. 

Edited by Kent10201
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Kent10201 said:

I can vouch that it's by far the worst game I've ever played. I have Mayo on my profile and I found that more interesting than this game. Gameplay is boring, characters are annoying, trophy images are ugly, and the story is terrible. Please save your time. xD

If your looking for a French Hens game I recommend a Mundi game. They're short, fun and easy and most have pretty decent stories and beautiful artwork. 

Dang, that's brutal. Thanks for saving me the time.

I did like the one Mundi game I played. Don't really want to pay full price for another, though... Hm. These events would be a lot easier if I didn't have to start twelve or thirteen games from scratch every time. Don't have the time or money for that!

Well, if you were part of the 99 club, congratulations! I somehow maxed out Sora's level and STILL don't have the Air Soldier card. According to the internet, this isn't a particularly rare find, so I think the game is just giving me the middle finger.

That said, thanks for the videos, Tech P.  Let's see what they have to say about this little bastard...

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

Dang, that's brutal. Thanks for saving me the time.

I did like the one Mundi game I played. Don't really want to pay full price for another, though... Hm. These events would be a lot easier if I didn't have to start twelve or thirteen games from scratch every time. Don't have the time or money for that!

Well, if you were part of the 99 club, congratulations! I somehow maxed out Sora's level and STILL don't have the Air Soldier card. According to the internet, this isn't a particularly rare find, so I think the game is just giving me the middle finger.

That said, thanks for the videos, Tech P.  Let's see what they have to say about this little bastard...

You're welcome I did the Rechain platinum on my current account. The video guides helped a lot and following them I was able to get almost every enemy card on the first try. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, TechnicalPixel said:

You're welcome I did the Rechain platinum on my current account. The video guides helped a lot and following them I was able to get almost every enemy card on the first try. 

MY GOD, IT WORKED. I have no idea how or why, but I did what the guy in the video did and got it on my first try. I...really wish I had known about this sooner. I wouldn't have missed a whole season of House. Thanks again!

Well, with that GARBAGE out of our way... Shall we see what French game awaits us next? Oui, oui.

• Like 2

Can't believe Maple Story is still around. That's a really old game now...

Yep, expected to be starting on MapleStory 2, but that game still needs a lot more content and the original just reached the ultimate battle with the main villain of the game, the Black Mage, after adding in the final areas of their latest world, The Arcane River. Also, they FINALLY increased their level cap to 275. I was expecting them to say "250 forever" but nope, considering you are fighting THE ULTIMATE EVIL, I think Nexon realized that they need to make the players into true heroes. :D

I noticed a few changes to the game that made it easier to get through, like nerfing the fetch quest requirements for many quests and removing or moving annoying things out of the way in some areas. I never got to Gollux in my last visit because you have to complete Crimsonheart Castle and back then it involved doing a shooting gallery mini-game and an almost impossible obstacle course where you couldn't do anything but the normal jump and avoid getting hit by rocks. Still cannot solo Root Abyss for the better armor, my Tera-Burned character is at Level 169 and even with his Frozen set, which boosts his defense by over 1000, he's STILL getting one-shot by enemies that are around his level. :(

2 hours ago, TechnicalPixel said:

Here are some videos to make Sora's Card Hunting Easier 

Nice! I am going to steal those links when I get my computer fixed so I can go back to my own re:CoM run and get more of those trophies. xD

• Like 1

On 12/2/2018 at 0:02 PM, Cassylvania said:

Yes, I'm putting my faith in Eli Manning. This has worked never.

I guess even a blind squirrel finds a nut everyone once and a while ;) The Pats loss didn't hurt you at all in the division since every team in the NFC North lost. It's a little unfortunate the Vikings couldn't gain any ground, but at least they didn't lose any. This weekend is probably your biggest game of the year. I feel like the Bears will fade as it gets closer to the end, and you guys will win the division anyways, but if not this will be a crucial tie-breaker to have. The Pats are in Miami this weekend, where they have lost 4 of their last 5, so I hope they change that trend. KC and Pitt have opened the window for the Pats to get the #1 seed again, which I really think they'll need this year. They have not looked good on the road. If Baltimore can upset KC, that puts the Pats back at #1 and back in the driver's seat. Even without Hunt, going into KC to win in the playoffs won't be easy...despite Andy Reid's track record.

On 12/2/2018 at 0:02 PM, Cassylvania said:

SO FAR, IT'S BEEN PRETTY GOOD. AS YOU KNOW, I LOVE ALL THINGS NORSE. I TOOK ADVANTAGE OF THE FACT THAT THERE IS NO DIFFICULTY-RELATED TROPHY (FOR ONCE) AND DECIDED TO PLAY ON NORMAL, SO I CAN JUST ENJOY THE STORY.

THIS IS HOW I PLAYED IT AS WELL. I DID HAVE TO DROP IT DOWN TO EASY TO BEAT THE LAST VALKYRIE...THAT BITCH IS HARD!!! THEY ARE ALL FUN FIGHTS THOUGH! I'LL BE INTERESTED IN YOUR TAKE ON THE STORY AS YOU PROGRESS. I REALLY ENJOYED THE HEAD MYSELF AND WOULD OFTEN STALL TO FINISH HEARING HIS STORIES.

On 12/3/2018 at 10:31 AM, DragonQuest238 said:

I remember that movie! It was a very great landmark for good old Steve. Steve Martin really fits the dad role very well(I've seen a bit of Parenthood) but also has some funny rules(I've seen Dirty Rotten Scoundrels in full and the twist at the end was cool). ^_^

Both Father of the Bride movies were pretty funny as well. I saw an interview he did a few months ago on the CBS Sunday Morning show with Martin Short cause they are doing a show on Broadway or something. He looks the same...it's kind of bizarre that he fell off the map with movies. I haven't seen him in anything new in a really long time.

On 12/3/2018 at 10:31 AM, DragonQuest238 said:

But nothing will ever match The Wizard, mainly because Mario was a co-star in that film. Remember when they revealed Super Mario Brothers 3 and now everyone speedruns it these days? Those were the days! :D

Fred Savage in his heyday. I loved that movie as a kid but remember being mad at that movie when I saw it. I had already beaten Super Mario III and knew about all the whistle locations. I remember thinking that I should have been the Wizard and not that kid lol I remember how badass the kid with the Power Glove thought he was playing Rad Racer and me thinking how much the power glove sucked lol The AVGN had a great episode on it.

14 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Amen to that lol. I don't really have any recommendations for this...I had to Google PS4 games and European developers to get mine. Chaos on Deponia was on sale or something and seemed quick so I chose that one. I think VC4 would kind of be European since (if it's like VC) it takes place in a WWII/European theater setting, but I think you got that Plat before this event started. Looking over my list, Fe was made by Zoink Games which is a Swedish based company. I think it was on sale for Black Friday, but may not be anymore. Eekeemoo is $4.99 and made by Cogg Games...but the internet doesn't seem to know where that developer comes from lol Steamworld Heist is from Image & Form who is also a Swedish company. I really enjoyed that game...It's a humorous puzzle/strategy game...but that appears to be $14.99 right now...so is on the higher end of things. I personally think it's worth $15 but it's also not a must play and could probably wait for a sale. Good luck finding something!

Edited by Briste
  • Like 2

Happy birthday to me, I'm now four years away from middle-age and a mid-life crisis! Although, knowing me, I have been in a mid-life crisis ever since my sisters got married the first time and wondering why I didn't do that. (At the rate I am going, I'll probably be saving my money up so when my parents die I will travel to Vegas and pay for a session at a cathouse just to lose my virginity. The only thing that saves my virginity is the fact that all of these silly video games keep coming out like Kingdom Hearts 3... :P)

This will probably be my last post here until the 10th because I'm going to try to get it cleaned up so it stops freezing and crashing at random intervals. At least I have SSBU to look forward to. The reviewer said World of Light was boring, but they don't me - I enjoy exploring maps and min-maxing! I am going to complete the SpiritDex 100% and then put a screenshot of it on my new Twitter page. ?

1 hour ago, Briste said:

I haven't seen him in anything new in a really long time.

I apologize for what I said in my last post. Just because you have spellcheck doesn't mean it always works. I meant to say "roles", not "rules", but my keyboard is dark so I can't see the keys very well and accidentally hit the U. :facepalm:

As for the statement, yes, I know. But then again, if old horses like Steve Martin don't step down from the silver screen, new colts like... uh.... whoever can't become celebrities because everyone will rather watch the old horses. Also the old horses eventually get too stale and boring when they run out of material. (Sorry if I compare actors to horses, trying to recall an adage here.)

5 hours ago, Jens said:

Forma.8 was developed by some Italian fellas. That would give the game just enough reason I think... prepare something to watch meanwhile though.

I did not realize that. Also, did not realize that that game was also on the Vita. If I wasn't still angry at the one part where you have to flee from a glowing pink ball of death through a maze that slows you down, I might stack that platinum.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

MY GOD, IT WORKED. I have no idea how or why, but I did what the guy in the video did and got it on my first try. I...really wish I had known about this sooner. I wouldn't have missed a whole season of House. Thanks again!

Well, with that GARBAGE out of our way... Shall we see what French game awaits us next? Oui, oui.

Yeah, I feel like the guy accidentally discovered the way to manipulate the RNG in the game. Also, did you know that there was a Kingdom Hearts Trading Card Game. It got canceled when the company who made the TCG lost the licensing rights to the game.  

Edited by TechnicalPixel
  • Like 2

On 12/6/2018 at 1:41 AM, DragonQuest238 said:

Nice! I am going to steal those links when I get my computer fixed so I can go back to my own re:CoM run and get more of those trophies. xD

Yeah, those videos would've saved me a lot of time. Still not really sure how it works, but that basically makes Sora's post-game grind trivial (still tedious, though).

On 12/6/2018 at 5:21 AM, Jens said:

That's why I adored this game so much. I can't recall any other RPG without any real obsolete classes.

But for me I will always have a soft spot for the Arbalest. Landing some "F*** yeah!" crits followed by "Eradicated!".... dunno, the first adrenaline kicks in this game stay with you :P 

Arbys were cool. Kinda necessary for some of the bosses, too. And even though they're bland, I like having a Crusader in the first spot. They're really great for tackling the Ruins because of their holy attacks, and that's where I spent about 80% of the game.

On 12/6/2018 at 9:35 AM, Briste said:

I guess even a blind squirrel finds a nut everyone once and a while ;) The Pats loss didn't hurt you at all in the division since every team in the NFC North lost. It's a little unfortunate the Vikings couldn't gain any ground, but at least they didn't lose any. This weekend is probably your biggest game of the year. I feel like the Bears will fade as it gets closer to the end, and you guys will win the division anyways, but if not this will be a crucial tie-breaker to have. The Pats are in Miami this weekend, where they have lost 4 of their last 5, so I hope they change that trend. KC and Pitt have opened the window for the Pats to get the #1 seed again, which I really think they'll need this year. They have not looked good on the road. If Baltimore can upset KC, that puts the Pats back at #1 and back in the driver's seat. Even without Hunt, going into KC to win in the playoffs won't be easy...despite Andy Reid's track record.

I give the Vikings a ZERO percent chance of winning. It doesn't matter if Fran Tarkenton in his prime, Ragnar the Red, and Thor himself were playing -- the Vikings are cursed when it comes to the Seahawks. They haven't beaten them since 2009. This is just going to have to be another week where I pray for a Bears loss, because they're likely taking the division with a win. And Kirk's record in MNF games? A big fat zero.

THIS IS HOW I PLAYED IT AS WELL. I DID HAVE TO DROP IT DOWN TO EASY TO BEAT THE LAST VALKYRIE...THAT BITCH IS HARD!!! THEY ARE ALL FUN FIGHTS THOUGH! I'LL BE INTERESTED IN YOUR TAKE ON THE STORY AS YOU PROGRESS. I REALLY ENJOYED THE HEAD MYSELF AND WOULD OFTEN STALL TO FINISH HEARING HIS STORIES.

WELL, I HAD PLANNED TO GO BACK AND WORK ON COLLECTIBLES BEFORE PROGRESSING FURTHER IN THE STORY (since I think I've gotten all the necessary upgrades), BUT THE KID IS KINDA BEING A BRAT RIGHT NOW, AND I DON'T NEED HIM BRINGING THAT ATTITUDE ON OUR SIDE QUESTS. ONE OF THE THINGS I LIKE THE MOST ABOUT THE GAME IS THAT IT HUMANIZES KRATOS' CHARACTER. AND I DON'T JUST MEAN, "OH, HE HAS A SON AND FEELINGS OF REGRET, SO WE CAN RELATE TO HIM MORE NOW" -- ALTHOUGH THAT IS IMPORTANT. WHAT I MEAN IS THAT WITH CHARACTERS LIKE BOY, HEAD, AND THE DWARVES (who are hilarious, by the way), KRATOS SEEMS LESS LIKE AN ASSHOLE, BECAUSE THEY PLAY OFF HIS PERSONALITY SO MUCH. THIS WASN'T REALLY EVIDENT IN THE ORIGINAL GOD OF WAR GAMES (well, I only played GoW 1 and 2), SO IT'S GOOD TO SEE HERE.

Amen to that lol. I don't really have any recommendations for this...I had to Google PS4 games and European developers to get mine. Chaos on Deponia was on sale or something and seemed quick so I chose that one. I think VC4 would kind of be European since (if it's like VC) it takes place in a WWII/European theater setting, but I think you got that Plat before this event started. Looking over my list, Fe was made by Zoink Games which is a Swedish based company. I think it was on sale for Black Friday, but may not be anymore. Eekeemoo is $4.99 and made by Cogg Games...but the internet doesn't seem to know where that developer comes from lol Steamworld Heist is from Image & Form who is also a Swedish company. I really enjoyed that game...It's a humorous puzzle/strategy game...but that appears to be $14.99 right now...so is on the higher end of things. I personally think it's worth $15 but it's also not a must play and could probably wait for a sale. Good luck finding something!

Yeah, I really want something below $10, if I have to break out my wallet. GoW is a GameFly game, so I can't really rely on a rental, since I likely won't have this finished until Christmas. I didn't buy Fe when it was on sale, but I do have Forma.8, which Jens suggested... I may end up doing Valiant Hearts. It's free, I'm pretty sure it's set in Europe during WW1, and it's supposed to be really good. No platinum, though, which means I won't be able to do Bard's Gold for Gold Rings. (I bought that game for like $0.89 during a sale.) Geese A-Laying will obviously be GoW, I'm apparently going to be the only person doing The Unfinished Swan for Swans A-Swimming (anybody want to vouch for this one?), and...hm. No, no. I've spoiled enough already.

On 12/6/2018 at 2:11 PM, TechnicalPixel said:

Yeah, I feel like the guy accidentally discovered the way to manipulate the RNG in the game. Also, did you know that there was a Kingdom Hearts Trading Card Game. It got canceled when the company who made the TCG lost the licensing rights to the game.  

I think I'm okay with that. I wasted enough money on those damn Pokemon cards. Someday, though, when I find my holographic Blastoise from the original set, I'm going to be rich...

In other news, the Jags and Titans appear to be playing baseball, with a score like that.

Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 2