How to download content from a foreign PS store?

Gr4de_04

So I saw this post in which someone had downloaded a ps4 theme, but said it was a Japanese exclusive theme. However, the person was registered as a US citizen on psnprofiles.com.

Now, I've seen it more often. People having content from a foreign region. Like those top dog trophy hunters who play the same game for different regions for example. Or that person with the Japanese theme like I said earlier. So, my question is:

How can I (European, Netherlands) gain access to Japanese or other foreign regions content from my (EU) account?

I've tried to google it myself, but what I found was usually outdated, or required you to make an additional PSN account for that specific region. However, I want it all on my current PSN.

Is this not possible? I'm not sure but I think not, but ill ask anyways. And if it isn't, how do people play the same game for several regions on the same psn? I heard share play is a thing, but have never tried it due to people saying you can easily get your account hacked. 

8 minutes ago, gamesfourever said:

So I saw this post in which someone had downloaded a ps4 theme, but said it was a Japanese exclusive theme. However, the person was registered as a US citizen on psnprofiles.com.

Now, I've seen it more often. People having content from a foreign region. Like those top dog trophy hunters who play the same game for different regions for example. Or that person with the Japanese theme like I said earlier. So, my question is:

How can I (European, Netherlands) gain access to Japanese or other foreign regions content from my (EU) account?

I've tried to google it myself, but what I found was usually outdated, or required you to make an additional PSN account for that specific region. However, I want it all on my current PSN.

Is this not possible? I'm not sure but I think not, but ill ask anyways. And if it isn't, how do people play the same game for several regions on the same psn? I heard share play is a thing, but have never tried it due to people saying you can easily get your account hacked.

That's is how you do it, then log in with your main account and play the games you bought with your foreign ones.

• Like 1

You can't have multiple accounts on your current account. You have to make separate accounts for the specific region I'm afraid. If you wan't access to the Japanese store you have to create a Japanese account, If you want an American account you have to make a US account and so on and so on. Now, if you wan't to purchase anything off an account other than your own I suggest heading to play-asia.com and purchasing a PSN card for that specific region and redeem the code on newly created account. Hope this helps. :) 

EDIT: All the stuff you purchase through other PS stores can be played on your main account. 

Edited by EternalChaos72
  • Like 1

well you need to create a new account for every store. you log this new acount as a main for your PS4.. You download and switch to your first account. all the other game you bought with both acount are avaible since the 2 account are main on your PS4. All trophy will go to the account you are log in

34 minutes ago, gamesfourever said:

if u were to buy ps+ on a foreign account so u can have ps+ games from another region. And then let ur foreign PS+ expire. Can you still play the games with the PS+ membership on your main account?

No, the moment the membership expires, you no longer have access to the content. As for different region downloads the only exception is the vita, you can't use other account downloads even transferring from ps3 due to the 1 account restriction. 

32 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

No, the moment the membership expires, you no longer have access to the content. As for different region downloads the only exception is the vita, you can't use other account downloads even transferring from ps3 due to the 1 account restriction. 

Technically, with Silica's account switcher, you can use multiple accounts' purchases. Dunno if trophies will work correctly though. 

You must create a new psn profile for any country you want an account for. It's possible without any restrictions... then create a new user on your ps4 and download any content from that account. As long as both accounts are on the ps4 and the foreign account is set to primary (you can have several "primaries" at once) you can access that content with all other accounts. That's how you can add trophies to your account even if a game is sold only digital on i.e. HK Store to your NL account

Content is shared between ps3 also, but sadly this is not possible on the Vita. (Simply put you cannot have 2 accs on 1 memory card but you would need it)

11 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

In this scenario, remote play works

Edited by Property_Damage

13 hours ago, EternalChaos72 said:

You can't have multiple accounts on your current account. You have to make separate accounts for the specific region I'm afraid. If you wan't access to the Japanese store you have to create a Japanese account, If you want an American account you have to make a US account and so on and so on. Now, if you wan't to purchase anything off an account other than your own I suggest heading to play-asia.com and purchasing a PSN card for that specific region and redeem the code on newly created account. Hope this helps. :) 

EDIT: All the stuff you purchase through other PS stores can be played on your main account. 

providing you activate your PS4 as primary on those other accounts created.

My account is Japanese although I live in the UK. I have an EU account as well but never use it anymore as Euro prices are expensive and the store sucks in general compared to say the US store and Hong Kong which are also eng. I've gotten some cheap games and demos on it though, and am able to play them on my main account. There's a step by step guide online on how to create foreign accounts and it's pretty simple. I buy PSN cards on play asia as foreign credit cards and PayPal accounts linked to foreign cards don't work unfortunately. I used the address I used to live in when I stayed in Japan, but I've heard people just use random hotel addresses, as long as you can fill in the post code. Themes share across users as well. 

Edited by Lava_Yuki