Crushing

fbdbh

Take out one or 2 enemies and run and hide in the grass near where you start, rinse and repeat then when you get down to the last couple on the right go to the left side open the lock boxes in that area and grab the rocket launcher and the c4. Jump up on the building the APC goes around and throw the c4 onto it detonate it once you have attached them all. Fire the RPG that you hopefully picked up. APC will need just one more hit so goto the nearby lock boxes and one will have some more c4 in, grab it and throw it on the APC. 

Now make sure you grab a gun as a truck will come when you approach Nadine and more enemies will appear. 

21 minutes ago, yellowwindow7 said:

uncharted went open world?

after Jak 3 I thought ND said they no longer doing open world games since they went story driving, as you may know story driving and open world don't mix too well.

Chapter 4 looks a little like an open world ... but before that it's a classic Uncharted game ;)

Don't know if after the 4th one it comes back to "normal" (by normal I mean Uncharted Style :D )

Edited by seblegamer

4 hours ago, fbdbh said:

I think there should be a separate thread for encounter tips, especially for Crushing.

I'm struggling with the APC fight in the open world currently, if you can give any tips, share.

Just stay behind the big rock at the start. The APC cannot get behind it. All enemies will come one after the other, keep killing them and then after that run away and get the c4 for the APC 

2 hours ago, yellowwindow7 said:

uncharted went open world?

after Jak 3 I thought ND said they no longer doing open world games since they went story driving, as you may know story driving and open world don't mix too well.

Maybe it's a telling of things to come for Naughty Dog. I mean I personally like open world games, it's definitely something new in this game franchise and I welcomed it. It reminds me of the part of Uncharted 4 in Madagascar where in order to get the "Not a Cairn in the World" trophy it required you to cover a lot of ground. Plus Madagascar was a pretty large area over all. 

I'm hoping that with this that Naughty Dog will try to implement this more or... Create an open world Uncharted game. (Although I love the franchise for it's story, archaeology history, and chemistry more than how big the game physically is). 

Chapter 4 in this game is by far the longest chapter in the game in terms of trying to get all the chapter 4 trophies as well as acquiring all the collectibles, photos, tokens, and conversations.  

13 minutes ago, fauxtronic said:

Using modifiers won't disable trophies, right?  I want to make sure before starting my crushing play-through.

Apparently they don't, just play on crushing first instead though as it's not actually that hard apart from one or two sections.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, FleaSixty said:

Apparently they don't, just play on crushing first instead though as it's not actually that hard apart from one or two sections.

I had a hard time yesterday to get "Just the wind" in crushing ... I dont want to replay a game if not necessary, but sometimes I just loose more time with unnecessary hard try which I could do on easy ^^'

Well, I switched to lower difficulty... I guess I don't have to complete the game again, just from that chapter onwards, right?

15 hours ago, FleaSixty said:

Take out one or 2 enemies and run and hide in the grass near where you start, rinse and repeat

This is what annoys me, they seem to notice me from miles away, and then everyone starts shooting from everywhere, and I don't see them, before they get too close...

I think this game wasn't quite ready for stealth sections, I mean it would take some better design to work in on Crushing (since actual notifications on how visible you are, are disabled on Crushing).

Edited by fbdbh

First off, wait until Marlene smacks up the two on the shelf, head that way and as you pass the tower and get up the rise and into the grass, shoot the guy to your left and the one dead ahead on the platform. Backtrack and edge around to the left of the area, staying in the grass. When the grass ends, wait for the APC to pass by the platforms to your right and head up the path to Marlene. From this raised area, you should see two enemies on platforms. All these enemies, take out with the silent pistol.

With the area pretty much cleaned out, collect some C4 and rocket launch the hell out of the APC from the right side of the ramp (as you're looking at it from the start) and prepare for the support truck to come in. Toss the C4 in it as soon as it arrives and it should take out the enemies. Kill any stragglers and move on.

This was my attempt on my first playthrough on crushing without any help from tweaks. It's funny how they see us from a mile away, so it reminded me of the close calls from uncharted 4 ship graveyard, one thing I may add is that make sure you have a spare rocket, because even with 4 c4 planted, the apc won't go down. 

After you encounter the APC and it leaves, watch Nadine's encounter against two guys and then head to that spot.  There is a small alcove just near the dead bodies on the ground.  Run left or right around the tower and openly kill an enemy then retreat back to the alcove.  Hide in their and pick off every enemy that will eventually arrive.  After that the APC will be hovering near you but unable to shoot you.  Pick up a Mettler long gun from a dead guy, run out and to your right ignoring the APC which will have a few shots at you.  There will be one enemy left on a tower with an RPG who will take a shot at you.  Dodge the missile then scope and shoot him in the head with the Mettler.  That now leaves you and the APC, just avoid it, hide and attach C4 to it.  5 or so C4 and a hit from the RPG and its over.  

3 hours ago, TheHydra55 said:

Im on chapter 8, and I put on aim assist, and Infinite ammo. Then using Silenced Pistol and the RPG its very easy to take out all the enemies. Im skipping all cutscenes so to chapter 8 only took me so far like 2 hours. Crushing isn't as bad as I thought.

Well, obviously it isn't hard when you cheese your way through it by using tweaks like that.

Don't know if anyone posted this yet but when I started my crushing run for some reason it put me on regular difficulty for the first three levels so I had to go back and beat them through chapter select.  The crushing trophy didn't unlock until I played the ending cinimatic again at the end of the list on chapter select

Edited by Muskratateer