Who actually thinks Lost Legacy is a DLC still?

kmosesltd

Do you think there will actually be an Uncharted 4 single player expansion?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think there will actually be an Uncharted 4 single player expansion?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't want one

I'm curious.

I've been playing this franchise since day 1 and the only game I haven't played is the Golden Abyss because I can't be bothered to buy a PS Vita. I was really excited when Uncharted 4 came out that they announced the first ever single player expansion for the franchise, only to have Naughty Dog spin it into an actual game.

I'm holding out hope that there will be an actual single player expansion still... but my hopes aren't high. Naughty Dog has a lot to focus on so I'd definitely be surprised if they did release a single player expansion. 

Edited by kmosesltd

The title of the thread and the poll/OP seem to be asking different things... But no, I don't see them releasing any singleplayer DLC for Uncharted 4. Surely what we ended up getting was even better, so i don't see the problem. Besides, I'd rather Naughty Dog focus on developing The Last of Us Part II now.

6 minutes ago, kmosesltd said:

I've been playing this franchise since day 1 and the only game I haven't played is the Golden Abyss because I can't be bothered to buy a PS Vita

Shame on you. I guess you're not much of an Uncharted fan after all. :awesome:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

The title of the thread and the poll/OP seem to be asking different things... But no, I don't see them releasing any singleplayer DLC for Uncharted 4. Surely what we ended up getting was even better, so i don't see the problem. Besides, I'd rather Naughty Dog focus on developing The Last of Us Part II now.

Shame on you. I guess you're not much of an Uncharted fan after all. :awesome:

I didn't want to make two posts that say almost the same thing lol.. So I titled the poll one thing and the topic another. 

lol I am a big fan, I just couldn't validate myself buying the PS Vita for just one game, I'm 36 years old, I have a life outside of gaming. I agree that they should focus on Last of Us Part II but there can always be hope. 

Either that or reset the franchise with Sam and Sully.

Edited by kmosesltd

i was never fond of their story DLC anyway, so not only do i think it won't happen, i also don't want it to

Uncharted story spoiler:

Spoiler

Lazarevic is dead

... and we just have to live with it 

Edited by BlindMango
Added a spoiler tag
  • Like 1

It's kind of a grey area of whether it should be considered a dlc or a game.

On one hand, it's the length and quality of a full game.

On the other hand, it uses the same engine, definitely reuses assets. ND did a fraction of the work that a full game takes.

At the end of the day I think it leans more to dlc since that's what the amount of work dictates. If we start calling this it's own game, then stuff like the Witcher dlc would have to be called a game, the only difference was the distribution method.

Edited by KingGuy420

I think it's confusing, that the thread title is not the same question as the poll.

Thread title question: I don't see LL as a DLC anymore, it is more like a full game now.

Poll question: No, there's not going to be another UC4 Singleplayer DLC, especially not with Nate. (LL was the planned to be the Singleplayer DLC, but got bigger and became a full game)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dalailama1989 said:

Thread title question: I don't see LL as a DLC anymore, it is more like a full game now.

Poll question: No, there's not going to be another UC4 Singleplayer DLC, especially not with Nate. (LL was the planned to be the Singleplayer DLC, but got bigger and became a full game)

My thoughts exactly. The Lost Legacy is a full game and I'm 99% positive there's not going to be 'another' singleplayer DLC for Uncharted 4.

On 8/25/2017 at 4:31 PM, dalailama1989 said:

I think it's confusing, that the thread title is not the same question as the poll.

I apologize for the confusion, when I start the topic I didn't know that the poll was going to be a different title so I really actually confused myself (and possibly others).

I myself would have rather have seen Sam and Sully... but.... knowing Naughty Dog, I wouldn't hold it past them to make an entirely new fresh game starring them.