Super Easy? Art of Fighting Trophies

Kishnabe

On 8/26/2017 at 7:48 PM, StingX2 said:

These are pretty hard games, like super hard SNK fighters. Unless there's like a save state feature its gonna be pain

If anything like past PS2 to PS4 SNK games, including anthology releases, there isn't.

21 hours ago, rafael_martines said:

Well, Art of Fighting game series is not easy and don't forget the "SNK Boss Syndrome", young Geese Howard (Art of Fighting 2 Boss) is annoying to defeat.

Indeed, though yeah, getting to Geese isn't easy by any stretch, even on the easiest difficulty where AOF 2's AI is always batshit insane, so you need to be very lucky to exploit the AI, and getting 2-0 matches to get to Geese himself.

8 hours ago, Icebrand1270 said:

No continues trophies are rough for any fighter, much less an SNK fighter. Still, I played Art of Fighting in the arcades but missed 2 and 3 and the PS2 Anthology (this is a "PS2 on PS4 game"). This is why I'll do this... and probably lose what's left of my hair!

Well, while I played plenty of AOF in my spare time back then, AOF 1 will be easier to do on the easiest difficulty, with well timed specific moves that the AI can't retaliate against. And AOF 3, if you're going to use someone like Sinclair or Wyler for example, also on said Easy difficulty. AOF 2 however, is the make it or break it point.

Edited by NeoStrayCat

• 9 months later...

For anybody thinking this will be anything but a level 8-10 difficulty plat, think again. For one thing, you have to beat all 3 games on hard and successfully complete all the bonus stages. That task alone will make this plat stupid hard. Not to mention Mr. Karate can, and will, one shot you on aof 1. I just booted this bitch up last night and have already grown a few new gray hairs because of it. Here's a snippet of my round with Mr Karate.

Btw, that thumbnail was the default one when I uploaded...and it's appropriate. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/11/2018 at 0:59 PM, Phil said:

For anybody thinking this will be anything but a level 8-10 difficulty plat, think again. For one thing, you have to beat all 3 games on hard and successfully complete all the bonus stages. That task alone will make this plat stupid hard. Not to mention Mr. Karate can, and will, one shot you on aof 1. I just booted this bitch up last night and have already grown a few new gray hairs because of it. Here's a snippet of my round with Mr Karate.

Btw, that thumbnail was the default one when I uploaded...and it's appropriate. 

That's how fighting games were. Practice, practice and more practice until you finally get good enough to beat your opponents.

• 3 months later...

Just plat this game. If you have a 2nd controller, it will make your life a bit easier going for any no continue or no round lost tasks. Unfortunately, all the controllers I habe but the one are 3rd party controllers. Even though they have a touchpad button, they don't seem to work. This game requires a working touchpad button to hit start. You can't remap it either.

Awesome game.

10/10 game

10/10 frustration

10/10 difficulty.

• Like 3

• 8 months later...
  • 3 years later...
On 10/27/2018 at 5:18 AM, Kittens Are Awesome said:

Just plat this game. If you have a 2nd controller, it will make your life a bit easier going for any no continue or no round lost tasks. Unfortunately, all the controllers I habe but the one are 3rd party controllers. Even though they have a touchpad button, they don't seem to work. This game requires a working touchpad button to hit start. You can't remap it either.

Awesome game.

10/10 game

10/10 frustration

10/10 difficulty.

So if you have a second controller, I can interrupt the match before loosing the round with COM? 

• 1 year later...

Just plat this about 30m ago, and I must have thrown every swear under the sun at my poor television during it.

Early fighters, especially arcade SNKs, had one agenda: take all your quarters. That's why most of them have cheesy, glitchy, button input reading AI that has no respect for your time, money, or patience. The AI will throw you from ranges that appear too far, dash in place to position itself into the perfect range for your attacks to be out of range, anti-air you anytime you attempt to jump in, block everything frame-perfect, and take off 50%+ of your life in two attacks. The random dizzy in AOF1 didn't help any either. I would love to see the programmers attempt to go through their own games and see what crazyness they came up with.

Luckily, many of the opponents have a gimmick or weakness to exploit, but you have to do it semi-perfectly because once the AI gets under 20% HP, they turn their bullshit up to 17 and find any cheap means to beat you.

A second controller helps when going for the no continue run, definitely. Luckily to get to Geese you only need to 2-0 everyone, so you can just lose the match and continue until you do it perfectly.

AOF3 at least had cancels and combos like modern fighters, so it felt more comfortable and not sluggish to play compared to its predessesors. That is until you get to the last boss Wyler who just parries all your attacks nonstop.

It's done, thankfully. Easily a hard 9 or 10 difficulty until you get used to the cheese and mechanics, and even then it's frustrating. Now I never have to play these games again. Good luck to any looking to plat this.

13 minutes ago, afroshouji said:

Just plat this about 30m ago, and I must have thrown every swear under the sun at my poor television during it.

Early fighters, especially arcade SNKs, had one agenda: take all your quarters. That's why most of them have cheesy, glitchy, button input reading AI that has no respect for your time, money, or patience. The AI will throw you from ranges that appear too far, dash in place to position itself into the perfect range for your attacks to be out of range, anti-air you anytime you attempt to jump in, block everything frame-perfect, and take off 50%+ of your life in two attacks. The random dizzy in AOF1 didn't help any either. I would love to see the programmers attempt to go through their own games and see what crazyness they came up with.

Luckily, many of the opponents have a gimmick or weakness to exploit, but you have to do it semi-perfectly because once the AI gets under 20% HP, they turn their bullshit up to 17 and find any cheap means to beat you.

A second controller helps when going for the no continue run, definitely. Luckily to get to Geese you only need to 2-0 everyone, so you can just lose the match and continue until you do it perfectly.

AOF3 at least had cancels and combos like modern fighters, so it felt more comfortable and not sluggish to play compared to its predessesors. That is until you get to the last boss Wyler who just parries all your attacks nonstop.

It's done, thankfully. Easily a hard 9 or 10 difficulty until you get used to the cheese and mechanics, and even then it's frustrating. Now I never have to play these games again. Good luck to any looking to plat this.

I was going to make a video on how to cheese the CPU from beginning to end on AOF2, but I figured nobody plays this collection, so it would be a wasted effort. I have strats from the 1st opponent to Geese that literally turns your 9/10 difficulty to a 3/10, or less. If you saw how easy Geese was, you'd knock yourself out with a facepalm.