Judges

All five of them are susceptible to debuffs, so Wither and Addle at the beginning works wonders. Just put Foe: highest strenght-->Wither and Foe: highest magick-->Addle until they don't work anymore, add a healer to survive the initial onslaught. Once fully debuffed their damage shouldn't be a problem.

Then you can stop their constant healing with statuses, Nihopalaoa+remedy is the best thing. Drace is susceptible to disease (you can use Meteorites on her) which renders her uncurable, put Zargabaath to sleep before killing Gabranth.

also a cheap way is to summon zodiark and spam his final eclipse move this do 60k damage you need around 10 elexir and two foes should be dead after that it becomes easy this took me 3 trys

if u fo this method never stop running

Edited by IBadDriverI
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, IBadDriverI said:

also a cheap way is to summon zodiark and spam his final eclipse move this do 60k damage you need around 10 elexir and two foes should be dead after that it becomes easy this took me 3 trys

if u fo this method never stop running

Came here to post a similar strat.

This is how I did it:

Summon Zodiark > immediately Final Eclipse > Immediately elixir the caster to refresh Mist power > Summon Zodiark again. 

Rinse and repeat until you kill Ghis and Bergan and there's 3 left. Key thing is to ensure you are carrying out these actions immediately otherwise they can heal.

So make sure you use a different character to elixir the Zodiark caster to prevent queueing of actions.

Also make sure you cast Final Eclipse before Zodiark starts doing auto actions again to prevent queueing.

Nihopalaoa a remedy onto Judge Drace so she will be diseased and can't be healed and just attack her until she dies. Its worth constantly throwing the remedies at her to ensure it doesn't wear off.

Nihopalaoa a Chronos Tear or use Sleep magic on Zargabaath to keep him out of action while you kill Gabranth, they seem to heal each other but not themselves. Again keep doing the tear/sleep over and over again so it can't wear off.

When there's just one left it's a piece of cake.

Pretty sure I got Zargabaath and Gabranth the right way round...one of them is sleepable and the other isn't. If not, try the other one :D

It's worth a nico>remedy on both anyway as the other will be slowed so won't be hitting you as hard.

• Like 1

I'll also post the method i did use for defeating the judges cause i'm pretty sure that i am one of those few idiots going pretty much unprepared into the fight cause he didnt wanna spoil anything and go for own strategies. 

I also used Zodiark to get rid of Ghis and Bergan after pretty much everything else failed. I didn't have Niho so i had to change my strategie. I used the technics to reduce the atk of Zargabaath and Gabranth. After i did this often enough my healer could tank both of them without fail. 

Drace will act a bit further away so i could focus my attacks from the 2dds on him to get rid of him. Finishing Zagarbaath and Gabranth then was a pain in the ass. Both of them are focusing the healer and have infinite supply of elixirs. I was able to distract Zagartbaath from Gabranth, equipped my Genji set and a weapon with a high chain rate to my strongest dd. Reduced the def to a point where my dd could hit for 20k and waited for rng to get a high chain. After that finishing off Gabranth was easy.

And yeah... obviously i wouldn't recommend this method if anyone has the chance to use another trick. It is so luck based that i was able to finish off the first 3 judges within 30mins and the other 2 took me another 1,5h. Obviously i am posting this strat for those who end up in a situation like me... for reference my team consistet of 4 chars, having a level between 70 and 80.

The judges seem daunting at first but they aren't too bad. Nihopaloa then remedy them all. Decoy your breaker then just keep them healthy whilst they use wither, addle and expose. Before long they can't really do enough damage to kill you so it's just a question of chipping away at their health. Take Ghis out first then I went bergan then drace. I used a bunch of scathe motes to whittle them down. Then it's just gabranth and zagarbaath left. Give your two damage dealers attack foe highest level so they only attack gabranth and set them to heal each other. You then should manually control your black mage equipped with an indigo pendant and repeatedly cast sleep on zagarbaath. Using a gambit they only cast when he wakes up and usually he can throw an elixir before you can send him to sleep again. I also found using the Nihopaloa and a princes kiss to have the same problem. I did this around level 85-90 without any fancy armor or weapons and it took about 30minutes only using x4 to finish off zagarbaath at the end. I was surprised how easy it was. I genuinely found omega in round 99 to be harder as I didn't want to carry reverse into 100

I used the niho+remedy strategy, while my other two were busy withering and addling.

Most important thing before you try to do any damage is that those that can be diseased are diseased. That way their elixir spam doesn't matter. Once that's done either spam Zodiark, or dark energies if you have any (can be farmed from Cerobi Steppe I think) until only Gabranth and Zargabaath are left. Then put Z to sleep while you wail on G (again to stop the annoying elixir spam). I'm pretty sure that you don't have to wait for the sleep to wear off before you can inflict it again with the Niho. Best of luck.

• 3 weeks later...

I used the Prince's Kiss strat with the gambit Foe: Closest > Prince's Kiss, and just leave one char next to Zarga while the other 2 chip away using the other strats mentioned.   The gambit fires continuously and landed every time.  Gambit with Sleep only fires when he wakes up, has a chance to miss, and can gives him the opportunity to elixir Gabranth.

Edited by javwtf
typo

• 4 weeks later...

hmmm... TC or anyone still having problem with this one?

I followed what is written in the guide here and it helped me a lot:

I mixed it though since I cannot pull a 2 big bang in a row... for details, what I did is:

• Summon Zeromus (turn off summoner and Zeromus Gambit) > Make summoner equip Nihopalaoa  > have Zeromus use Bubble Mote on his self > have summoner use Elixir on Zeromus > Zeromus use Big Bang
  • Make sure that 2 other member is equipped with Bubble Belt (I put them on Healer and Damage Dealer  - Bushi/Knight in my case, also my backup healer). 
  • Have Healer have gambit of Arise, Curaja (I set my Healer to Ally < 70%) and Esunaga in that order. I had my Damage dealer for now to have gambit of Foe: Lowest HP > Attack so that it will always target Ghis while I had my third member - still equipped with Niho to use Remedy on Ghis to kill him quickly.
  • After that have one character (or 2 - not the healer ofc) to set up Gambit: Foe with highest STR > Wither. Then I followed what is on the guide afterwards:

When all of their attacks are no longer a threat, have someone wear Nihopalaoa again, throw Remedy/Serum at Drace and Bergan and take them both out. All there's left is Gabranth and Zargabath, and both of them will throw Elixirs at each other. With Nihopalaoa on, throw Prince's Kiss at Zargabath- now you have to finish Gabranth off before the other one wakes up. Have your best melee attacker wear Cameo Belt, and have all your party assault him with as many buffs as possible. If you still have trouble to make it before Zargabath wakes up, then you can try casting Reflectga on your characters and have your Black Mage cast Scathe on your whole party, which will cause it to bounce off to Gabranth dealing 3x damage (make sure to stay away from Zargabath). When he's out of the picture, the rest of the fight is just a formality, and the trophy will pop after that. If you happen to don't have access to those Technicks, then the strategy is mostly the same - just throw out every sentence with Wither/Addle and just heal more often, using up Elixirs/MegaElixirs.

Luckily I didn't have to rely on dealing magic and I managed to defeat Gabranth with attacks.

I was like in max level and if you want to know my party mems... I used Knight/Bushi(Basch), White Mage/Time Battlemage(Ashe) and a Monk/Black Mage(Penelo) - didn't even needed the other 3.

It took me 1:40:00 to finish. I had trouble at first and took me some time to finish 100 since my party are all in in reverse status after Trial 99 :|

I just now spent almost an hour and a half on this fight. I was easily getting them down to Zargabath and Gabranth but whenever I slept the first one of my characters went derp-mode and woke him up. I spent ages trying to figure out why.

If it helps anyone, set the gambits to attack the highest max HP (Gabranth) and Sleep the lowest max HP (Zargabath). Once one is finally asleep - or dead - start to chisel away at either with Wither and Expose for a few rounds and they should die like they deserve to. I used Niho and Princess's Kiss.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Cheap bs fight, gonna resort to cheap bs myself, that's just what it deserves. I don't have Nihopaloa or how it's called. I've tried for hours the Zeromus bubble Big Bang method once he is low on hp, hitting all judges for 200k or so total, but if I'm lucky just one dies, then they relentlessly chase my summoner and in the long run I'm screwed, I have only Fran as machinist/white mage and Basch as monk/black mage alive, but the latter in reverse status. All three chars with bubble belts. I'm gonna try the Zodiark Eclipse method, since it should require less time to pull of than Zeromus' Big Bang. Hope it hits regardless of chars levels (which are in the 80s). Pray for the best.

edit. I've succeeded without Niho, I've repeatedly summoned Zodiark to kill 3 judges (took me 9 elixirs) than I've spent two hours figuring out the pattern to kill Gabrahant and Zargabaath (the sucker awoke several times slipping an elixir under my nose), my main constantly keeping him asleep, one ally as a healer and one ally as an attacker on the enemy not targeted by my main. Took ages but I'm done and won't ever look back jeez.

Edited by Brightblade76

• 2 weeks later...

This fight sucked because you can end up in a bad position from the start and they don't leave you much time before they get close but I did the Zeromus big bang method and it worked, had Fran use Zeromus big bang did 200k to all then I immediately had Vaan use Zodiark for final eclipse which left 1 judge standing so he was easily taken out with melee attacks. Hope this helps someone.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/6/2021 at 0:53 PM, zhibikiz said:

a question, to unleash the bigbang attack just use the elixir? to not have to wait all the time,

The order goes like this:

1. Immediately as the battle begins, spam X to get to the action menu. Your settings need to be on "Wait" and not "Active." Mist -> Summon -> Zeromus (requires 2 bars). Turn off gambits as mentioned above to prevent your character from doing whatever you set them to do. Penelo was my healer who got assigned to the summon so I had to turn her gambits off QUICK otherwise she starts spamming whatever.

2. Immediately press X and turn off your caster's gambits (if you haven't already) as well as Zeromus's gambits. Now throw a bubble mote at Zeromus. It is much quicker than casting Bubble on him so make sure to bring one or two into the trial with you. This brings Zeromus from about 25,000hp to 50,000hp. 

3. Immediately Press Triangle and equip Nihopalaoa. This accessory reverses effects.

4. Immediately Press X and throw an Elixir at Zeromus. This reduces his health to 1.

5. Immediately press X -> Zeromus -> Quickenings -> Big Bang. Big Bang deals damage based on how much health Zeromus lost times 5. Zeromus just lost 49,999 health, so Big Bang will deal 250,000~ damage. This wipes out three judges and severely weakens the others.

Now you can manage the fight a lot better, as only two judges will remain and they have 20-30% of their health. However, if you are quick enough, you can perform the same action again right away. Just remove the accessory, Elixir yourself (to replenish Quickening bars) and repeat the above steps. The only thing is sometimes the judges are on your ass and can kill Zeromus when his health drops to 1hp the second time. That is why "Immediately" is important in the above steps. Happened to me but I managed to get it off just in time on the third attempt. 

Hope this helps you or anyone else looking to take on this unfair challenge. The video for this is above as well, and in the guide. 

Edited by AyAerith

• 2 months later...

Hi 

I noticed most strats involve Nihopalaoa . I didn’t realise until I already locked myself into 100.

firstly I will say prob lucked out a bit.

I had lvl 93 Balthier summoning zeromus. Cast decoy on zeromus then bubble. Once the judges smacked his health into the red I hit Big Bang and won’t deny I almost cried when only 2 judges were left. After that I just hit a couple or zordiak s and got the pop