Trails of cold Steel I & II for PS4

8 hours ago, deepwater324 said:

Yup. I haven't played it, but people say that 3 ends in an even bigger cliffhanger than the first game, so this was inevitable.

8 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Yup, Sen won't be a trilogy.

Nice. Thanks; didn't know this. 

Falcom will release The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel I: Kai – Thors Military Academy 1204- for PlayStation 4 in Japan on March 8, 2018

■ 60 Frames Per Second, 4K Support, and High Sound Quality, Plus the New “High-Speed Skip Mode” Feature

In addition to 60 frames per second frame rate support, 4K resolution support, and even higher sound quality for in-game background music, a “High-Speed Skip” mode feature has been added to meet the needs of both users who want to easily enjoy the story to those who want to speed through the story. With the press of a button, High-Speed Skip Mode can double the speed during events and on the field, and quadruple the speed of battles.

■ Compatible with Save Data from The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III and The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel

By reading the save data of The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III, you can unlock bonus elements such as in-game costumes, MAX Bonding Points, and 300,000 Mira for your second playthrough. It also supports save data from The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel for PlayStation 3 and PS Vita. By reading the save data, you can continue the story from where you left off in The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel I: Kai – Thors Military Academy 1204-.

Source: https://gematsu.com/2017/11/legend-heroes-trails-cold-steel-kai-ps4-launches-march-8-japan

Now we wait for XSEED to say something. (I doubt it, "we are a small company, blah blah blah")

Spoiler

x7Hj97X.png

Edited by Katt
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Eraezr said:

I wonder if this will delay the localisation of ToCS III, to put the western releases of I & II first on PS4.

That wouldn't make sense since the Kai version of ToCS1 will be compatible with ToCS3 savedata and that way unlock stuff. This implies you have to play ToCS3 first and then ToCS1 Kai of course.

8HPYVpp.png

Besides... I doubt the fans could tolerate more delays for such wonderful game.

Edited by Katt

It's interesting that you can import your ToCS3 data into ToCS1. I wonder what kind of bonuses you get. Is it possible to import your ToCS2 save data into ToCS3? PS3 and Vita versions as well? I just thought it was a really cool feature and it would be a shame if you can't. I hope this all makes sense. :P

On 9/11/2017 at 4:58 AM, Katt said:

Had not they said that the CS arc was around 60%? if that's true we could wait like 2 or 3 more CS games.

forget this, look:

• “We actually intended to end the series with The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III, but we thought it would be tought to end with one title and made a difficult decision.”
  • “After that sort of ending, I want to release the next title as soon as possible next year.” (By the way, Falcom already announced that the latest entry will be out for PlayStation 4 by September 2018 in Japan.)
  • “(The next game) will truly be the last. We’re working for all the mysteries of the Empire Arc to reach the end of the line.”

Source: https://gematsu.com/2017/11/next-legend-heroes-trails-cold-steel-will-last

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Trails of Cold Steel 2 will be released on April 26, 2018 in Japan

And it will be compatible with save data from the previous versions, add new features, and include 102 (wtf?) pieces of downloadable content on the disc.

• The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II: Kai -The Erebonian Civil War- includes 102 pieces of downloadable content released for the PlayStation 3 and PS Vita versions of The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel I, including casual clothes fo reach character, all sorts of attachmemnt items, and valuable accessory sets that prove useful to gameplay. You can enjoy all of the downloadable content from the beginning of the game.
  • By reading the save data of The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III, you can unlock bonus elements such as in-game costumes, MAX Bonding Points, and 300,000 Mira for your second playthrough.
  • It also supports save data from The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II for PlayStation 3 and PS Vita. By reading the save data, you can continue the story from where you left off in The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II: Kai -The Erebonian Civil War-.
  • If you import clear data from The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel I: Kai -Thors Military Academy 1204- for PlayStation 4 or The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel for PlayStation 3 or PS Vita, you can get a bonus in The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II: Kai -The Erebonian Civil War-.

looks like it could be worth finishing the PS3/PSV-Version of the game for some bonuses 

Source (as always): gematsu

Edited by dermarx
  • Like 1

On 12/14/2017 at 9:10 AM, dermarx said:

Trails of Cold Steel 2 will be released on April 26, 2018.

And it will be compatible with save data from the previous versions, add new features, and include 102 (wtf?) pieces of downloadable content on the disc.

looks like it could be worth finishing the PS3/PSV-Version of the game for some bonuses 

Source (as always): gematsu

Hopefully I can use my party at the level I ended the game on PS3. I'll Keep my eye on it, but I really want Sen no Kiseki 3 right now.

Also I wonder if Xseed will ever localize Ao and Zero. My Vita is Waiting.

1 hour ago, Amaterasu15 said:

Maybe I'm just being pessimistic, but I don't see it happening anytime soon, if at all. I lost hope for it ever happening long ago.

Anyway, there is a fan translation of Zero available right now. It's far from perfect, but if you ask me, it's completely playable in its current state. A better one is being worked on right now though, so you may want to wait for that.

1 hour ago, Amaterasu15 said:

XSEED loves so much the Trails series and at the same time does nothing to fullfill the fans wishes. We have a Zero no Kiseki fan translation coming soon. I know the final decision is from Falcom, but at least they could say: "look, we want to do it and we are waiting the green light". And if they do, don't do it just for Steam/PC, that would be capital sin.

On 12/15/2017 at 10:03 PM, Cave_Johnson_ said:

Maybe I'm just being pessimistic, but I don't see it happening anytime soon, if at all. I lost hope for it ever happening long ago.

Anyway, there is a fan translation of Zero available right now. It's far from perfect, but if you ask me, it's completely playable in its current state. A better one is being worked on right now though, so you may want to wait for that.

On 12/15/2017 at 10:36 PM, Katt said:

XSEED loves so much the Trails series and at the same time does nothing to fullfill the fans wishes. We have a Zero no Kiseki fan translation coming soon. I know the final decision is from Falcom, but at least they could say: "look, we want to do it and we are waiting the green light".

Ah that sucks ? . At least it's good to know some fans are translating it.

On 12/15/2017 at 10:36 PM, Katt said:

And if they do, don't do it just for Steam/PC, that would be capital sin.

Yes, definitely this.

• 9 months later...

Both games will be released in early 2019, XSEED announced

Two separate physical launch editions—The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel Decisive Edition and The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II Relentless Edition—will be available for $49.99 each. Here are the details:

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel Decisive Edition

—North America

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel

—Europe

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
  • Physical copy of The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel for PlayStation 4
  • 50 Mira replica Collector’s Coin
  • Musical Selections CD containing 21 full-length tracks
  • SteelBook case featuring only artwork, with a separate outer package design

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II Relentless Edition

—North America

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II

—Europe

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II
  • Physical copy of The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II for PlayStation 4
  • Ouroboros Emblem Pin
  • Musical Selections CD containing 23 full-length tracks
  • SteelBook case featuring only artwork, with a separate outer package design

Source

All aboard the hype train

Edited by dermarx
  • Like 1