Final Fantasy IX Trophy Thoughts?

Kishnabe

GUYS! I figured out a method that may be more comfortable for the jump rope trophy. I'm still working on it, but Sony released an update along time ago where you can customize your buttons on your controller to whatever layout you want. Currently I set the X button to be Up on the D-pad. I think that may be a little bit easier for that, at least I'm feeling a little bit more comfortable with it. This also allows you to reach over for the pause button more easily, so I guess if you want to take breaks in between there's that.

Edited by Ghoststorm71

One question about the jumps, does the double pulse have to be faster or slower than the 100-200 pulse?

I think the main problem is when we reach the 200 jumps, to make the change of rhythm is very difficult. I always get to 200, but from there I am unable to follow.

I think a good solution would be to find a method to make the transition from the 100-200 rhythm to the 200-300 rhythm. 

Excuse my bad English

16 hours ago, Matrim_Drasgen said:

This might be out of place here though trophy related, it is not a thought but asking for help. Just didn't want to start another topic in the game's forum. If someone can assist or if I find one / make one on my own, I can make a new one for easier assistance for others.

Does anyone have a list for Bronze A Clean Bill of Health?

Would be nice to know as well. I'm assuming starting with stop status would be key due heat status and beserk being a death sentence (heat status is Instant KO if attack is used). 

If it is actually all the status effects then you'd need:

Bad: Confuse, Beserk, Stop, Poison, Sleep, Slow, Heat, Freeze, Mini, Petrify (not sure how that would work...does it erase all status effects?), Venom, Virus, Silence, Darkness, Trouble, Zombie

Good: Auto-Life, Regen, Haste, Float, Shell, Protect, Reflect, Vanish (not sure if good/bad but prevents physical damage)

18 hours ago, Paige-ID said:

The person in question is not at all worried about the game being easy. I'm assuming the person can tie his or her own shoelaces, so I don't get why anyone feels the need to explain mundane crap like that.

The problem is that the prestige of completing a game completely diminishes if the same achievement can be had using cheats. Getting gold in the Olympics for the 1500m freestyle swimming is somewhat less impactful if the same gold medal can be obtained by someone else using a speed boat.

I personally don't allow a personal achievement to become clouded by the methods of another, but I can fully understand how someone else might be disappointed by that.  

So we're going as far as to compare in-game cheats being used for digital trophies to using a vehicle during an Olympic event? xD That's not even remotely similar in scale nor comparison. Especially when you consider the fact everybody can use the cheats, therefore everybody would have a "speedboat". If you choose not to use one, that's simply for your own personal bragging rights. Which applies to trophies in general, really. If you boost multiplayer or do it legitimately, you get the same trophies as everybody else. But you can pat yourself on the back for doing it legit. It doesn't diminish your personal achievement, it just takes away from the little rarity stat on your page. That's more or less what I'm getting at. 

10 hours ago, Ghoststorm71 said:

GUYS! I figured out a method that may be more comfortable for the jump rope trophy. I'm still working on it, but Sony released an update along time ago where you can customize your buttons on your controller to whatever layout you want. Currently I set the X button to be Up on the D-pad. I think that may be a little bit easier for that, at least I'm feeling a little bit more comfortable with it. This also allows you to reach over for the pause button more easily, so I guess if you want to take breaks in between there's that.

Up on the d-pad sounds like a sure way to ruin the d-pad and have less precision... :|

Also, I don't see how that fixes the difficulty of it by any means. Just sounds like it would make it much harder IMO.

16 hours ago, Matrim_Drasgen said:

This might be out of place here though trophy related, it is not a thought but asking for help. Just didn't want to start another topic in the game's forum. If someone can assist or if I find one / make one on my own, I can make a new one for easier assistance for others.

Does anyone have a list for Bronze A Clean Bill of Health?

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Final_Fantasy_IX_statuses

You don't need to be inflicted by all at the same time, it's just throughout the game.

Edited by MMDE

It looks like a really hard plat for an FF as I found all the FF plats alright except maybe just FFX, but the rest like XIII-2, LR, XV and X-2 being relatively easy, and XII and XIII just being grindy but not hard nor need any skill. Not sure about the online ones and haven't played type-0 but the difficulty rating is low enough. 

I still want to to play IX game even if it will decrease my already not so high completion score, it's 2000 yen on the JP store with the 20% discount + so thats about £13 or $18, or 2500 yen normally= £16/$22 which is not expensive i guess. 

3 hours ago, Am4z1n9_AZ said:

Today I tried the PS Vita version of Final Fantasy IX, I can see the differences between PS Vita and PS4 for the jump rope challenge with PS Vita being much easier! It has to be lag or something that's really making this challenge harder than what it should be.

You are absolutely right, mister. I just tried it on PS3 and it was like riding a bike. 

TrptFyR.jpg

You know why? The speech bubbles give you a far better visual clue in the PS1 version. Fuck the skipping rope in the PS4 version, I'm not going to try it anymore. 

Edited by ID-69
  • Like 1

I always play on my room's TV (a modern led TV), now I just connect the Ps4 on the kitchen tv (an old LCD TV) and I have managed to overcome 200 jumps all the time, now I tap X and it immediately counts. I have reached 230, now I just have to practice double rhythm. So I think the problem is the input lag of modern TV, if you can use your Ps4 on an older TV try it. Tomorrow I hope to try again and get it at last.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Khain24 said:

Would be nice to know as well. I'm assuming starting with stop status would be key due heat status and beserk being a death sentence (heat status is Instant KO if attack is used). 

If it is actually all the status effects then you'd need:

Bad: Confuse, Beserk, Stop, Poison, Sleep, Slow, Heat, Freeze, Mini, Petrify (not sure how that would work...does it erase all status effects?), Venom, Virus, Silence, Darkness, Trouble, Zombie

Good: Auto-Life, Regen, Haste, Float, Shell, Protect, Reflect, Vanish (not sure if good/bad but prevents physical damage)

Dont forget Gradual Petrify, and Doom. I'm pretty sure you don't need to have them all at once. Just all of them on 1 character. 

On 9/21/2017 at 7:30 PM, Dav9834 said:

They can't cheat the jump rope, no speed boat there. if they get that trophy they completely deserve the platinum. There will be no disappointment there that's for sure 

If the only thing making FF9 a rare platinum is a jumping rope minigame then his point somehow becomes even more fortified.

So we're going as far as to compare in-game cheats being used for digital trophies to using a vehicle during an Olympic event? xD That's not even remotely similar in scale nor comparison. Especially when you consider the fact everybody can use the cheats, therefore everybody would have a "speedboat". If you choose not to use one, that's simply for your own personal bragging rights. Which applies to trophies in general, really. If you boost multiplayer or do it legitimately, you get the same trophies as everybody else. But you can pat yourself on the back for doing it legit. It doesn't diminish your personal achievement, it just takes away from the little rarity stat on your page. That's more or less what I'm getting at. 

This is not about what's right or wrong. This is about understanding perspectives other than your own. I don't think personal achievements are affected by other people's methods of obtaining the same. However, given the circumstances he mentioned, I can put myself in his shoes and understand why the accomplishment seems diminished for someone like him.

The speedboat wasn't a comparison. It was an analogy. They do not represent equal values but equal situations. If you are a fan of a game and you want to accept the challenge the legitimate way, then someone else succeeding using cheats can be discouraging to some. It's very understandable, even if it's not agreeable. 

Edited by Paige-ID

On 19.9.2017 at 4:22 PM, MysticjMax said:

Having played through the original PS game as a high schooler, I can say this is my least favorite Final Fantasy. I didn't hate the characters or anything like that, but it was boring as heck for me. Now that they reported it and I saw the list, I saw some very unfriendly trophies that made this game a complete no-go for me:

• Beat Ozma, the secret boss: YEEEEEEEAH, who in the FFIX community has even done that. Ozma is the ultimate troll boss. Unless the Steam version fixes some of his attacks to not be insanely OP, good luck with that! :(
  • Get 1000 perfect skips on the jump rope minigame: No way, Jose.
  • Win 1000 Tetra Master matches: NOPE.

I am passing on this game.

I've beaten 20 different people in Tetra Master already just in the beginning with Vivi (and you need only 100, not 1000).
Ozma was annoyingly easy, when I remember it correctly. I've beaten him as a kid.
1000 jumps... yeah, no ;)

Okay, so maybe I am being a little b*tch about the whole trophy list. I have minor mental problems that make playing a game for the hell of it not fun and trophy hunting a chore. I gravitate to easy trophy lists so I apologize if I can't do the stuff everyone else can. Also, I have real life issues so I can't be on the game system 24/7. So if I came off as a jerkwad, I apologize. Final Fantasy IX was on the bottom of the barrel of my Final Fantasy faves(I love FFXII and XIV more) so anything I said against this game was my opinion. I don't plan on platinuming FFVII(the port) because one trophy requires you to manipulate stuff so all the girls hate you and I hate that. When I played FFVII as a kid, my first Gold Saucer outing was with Aerith, then with Yuffie. The Yuffie "date" was my favorite. ^_^

This tropy list man... I bought the game already but finished it like 2 years ago on my vita (the PS1 classic one) so I'll wait.

I still need to finish my AC: Ezio collection and FFXII (Sadly I hate this game so much it's almost impossible for me to focus on this stupid MMO game) 

I will try my hand at all the trophies.. The only one that is gonna piss me off is the jump rope. I've done the rest of them except maybe the 10000 enemies but it's just grinding...

52 minutes ago, MysticjMax said:

Okay, so maybe I am being a little b*tch about the whole trophy list. I have minor mental problems that make playing a game for the hell of it not fun and trophy hunting a chore. I gravitate to easy trophy lists so I apologize if I can't do the stuff everyone else can. Also, I have real life issues so I can't be on the game system 24/7. So if I came off as a jerkwad, I apologize. Final Fantasy IX was on the bottom of the barrel of my Final Fantasy faves(I love FFXII and XIV more) so anything I said against this game was my opinion. I don't plan on platinuming FFVII(the port) because one trophy requires you to manipulate stuff so all the girls hate you and I hate that. When I played FFVII as a kid, my first Gold Saucer outing was with Aerith, then with Yuffie. The Yuffie "date" was my favorite. ^_^

I think you seriously re-consider if trophy hunting is for you if it causes you this much distress. From the sounds of it, it's making you unhappy, so stop concerning yourself with it. Games are ultimately about having fun, and if you're not having fun, you're wasting your time. Alternatively, you could also create an alternate account that isn't linked to the internet to play games with trophy lists beyond your skill level - that way you can still enjoy games without ever having to worry about seeing your trophy list (as the Playstation 4 will not allow you to look at trophies without being signed into the Playstation Network).

PS - There's no shame in having an alt-account, by the way. A lot of us do. I definitely use mine to enjoy games I don't have the skill/time to platinum (Amplitude, Marvel vs. Capcom Infinity, etc.)

• Like 1

Just now, darkamdusias said:

I think you seriously re-consider if trophy hunting is for you if it causes you this much distress. From the sounds of it, it's making you unhappy, so stop concerning yourself with it.

If I really hated trophy hunting, I would have stopped coming to these forums. xD

You have a point. I shouldn't allow games to be ostracized because they have impossible trophies. I just have a case of OCD where I don't like leaving things half-finished. But I do try to have fun while playing games. I've just rented LEGO MARVEL Superheroes and though the flight races are so frustrating, everything else is fun for me.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MysticjMax said:

If I really hated trophy hunting, I would have stopped coming to these forums. xD

You have a point. I shouldn't allow games to be ostracized because they have impossible trophies. I just have a case of OCD where I don't like leaving things half-finished. But I do try to have fun while playing games. I've just rented LEGO MARVEL Superheroes and though the flight races are so frustrating, everything else is fun for me.

I wouldn't go that far. If a game has stupid trophies, a trophy hunting forum is definitely the place to raise your concerns about it. Hail to the King is a legitimately stupid trophy made stupider by a poorly optimized port of a fantastic game. Just be sure not to let the game's trophy list color your impression of the game itself. ;)

I had actual OCD symptoms as a kid (switching lights, checking if doors are closed etc.) and of course, when I played video games everything had to be perfect. If I lost or even tied a game in tetra master, I would soft reset. I think it's useful to learn to allow yourself to have imperfection in your life. Like, eg. soil your perfect PSN profile on purpose and stop giving a fuck. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, ID-69 said:

I had actual OCD symptoms as a kid (switching lights, checking if doors are closed etc.) and of course, when I played video games everything had to be perfect. If I lost or even tied a game in tetra master, I would soft reset. I think it's useful to learn to allow yourself to have imperfection in your life. Like, eg. soil your perfect PSN profile on purpose and stop giving a fuck. 

Thanks for the advice. ^_^

3 hours ago, MysticjMax said:

I don't plan on platinuming FFVII(the port) because one trophy requires you to manipulate stuff so all the girls hate you and I hate that. When I played FFVII as a kid, my first Gold Saucer outing was with Aerith, then with Yuffie. The Yuffie "date" was my favorite. ^_^

The girls don't hate you or whatever, those are just dialogue choices to get Barrett to go with you on the Gold Saucer. There's nothing even remotely difficult about that trophy either.