Final Fantasy IX Trophy Thoughts?

Kishnabe

5 minutes ago, zadorvp said:

Ah right, the Genji Armor can be found as Chocobo Treasures too! :) So that's not missable, only if you want a second copy of them.

Edited by MMDE

Looks like all of the difficult tasks were brought over. I've never earned Excalibur II, Athlete Queen, or skipped rope 1,000 times. I've most likely defeated over 10,000 enemies across all my play throughs of this game though. There are a lot of "missable" trophies here as well.

Edited by GameOverComesAll

10 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Missable trophies:

• Driving the Hard Bargain (buying all items from the travelling mog)
  • Sword of Kings (must win specific items at the auction house and then sell it to the right people in the city)
  • Beating the Ragtime Blues (special enemy you can meet various places in the world, will ask you questions, and you will have to attack the correct answer true/false all 20? times).
  • Mister Nice Guy (a bit like the quiz guy, but this is special friendly enemies that ask for items. You must give them what they ask for. not to be confused with gimme cats. you can tell the difference by listening to the song, which is the same as the quiz guy.)
  • My Little Airship (coffee/Morrid sidequest, you've to obtain coffee at various times in the game, at least one of them is highly missable).
  • Earning the Queen's Favor (may be missable, not sure, but you need all of a special item found at various locations)
  • What's Your Sign? (related to the Earning the Queen's Favor)
  • Another Man's Treasure (find all treasure chests in the game)
  • A Round of Applause (fighting/theater mini game at the very start of the game, you need perfect score)
  • A-Hunting We Will Go (beat a special event during disc 1? maybe disc 2, can't remember, but you need to beat it with Vivi)
  • Peek-A-Boo (not sure if missable, but could be)
  • Track Star (can't remember if accessible in disc 4, but it's when you can enter alexandria on disc 3)
  • Found in the Shuffle (same as Track Star)
  • Movie Critic (I think this is for viewing all Active Time Events)
  • Over the Moon (highly missable, various requirements)
  • The Ultimate Sword (reach end of disc 4 in 12 hours, atm, around 9 hours and 15 minutes is the fastest you can do this)
  • Your Lucky Day (can't remember, but it's Dali village, which you get to early disc 1).
  • Out of Harm's Way (highly missable, small story related event during near end of disc 1, when you reach the top of the sandstorm location).

Corrections/notes:

• Sword of Kings is not missable, the items will keep reappearing if you make mistakes.
  • Ragtime and the friendly monsters will keep returning until you get them right (although technically you could get rid of all your Moonstones so the friendly monsters one is actually missable)
  • No Stellazio coins are missable, so the two related trophies are not either :)
  • Another Man's Treasure does not require all chests (even stealing counts for it), but it does become significantly harder if you skip too many (and could potentially be missable if you skip everything in all the locations that become closed off later...)

19 minutes ago, DizzyDavidson said:

Actually that doesn't sound bad. Cheats for every game? That'd be cool.

And I'm one of those choice ppl.

I believe you can use mouse/keyboard for some games.

Maybe this one too?!?

A mouse wouldn't help since the Steam one relies on placing it on top of the speech bubble which you would not be able to do on the PS4 port.

20 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Missable trophies:

• Sword of Kings (must win specific items at the auction house and then sell it to the right people in the city)
  • Mister Nice Guy (special friendly enemies that ask for items. You must give them what they ask for. not to be confused with gimme cats. you can tell the difference by listening to the song, which is the same as the quiz guy. Is missable because you may run out of the items they request)
  • My Little Airship (coffee/Morrid sidequest, you've to obtain coffee at various times in the game, at least one of them is highly missable).
  • Dragon Lady (special thing you do in a store in Treno on disc 2)
  • Earning the Queen's Favor (may be missable, not sure, but you need all of a special item found at various locations)
  • What's Your Sign? (related to the Earning the Queen's Favor)
  • Another Man's Treasure (find all treasure chests in the game)
  • A Round of Applause (fighting/theater mini game at the very start of the game, you need perfect score)
  • A-Hunting We Will Go (beat a special event during disc 1? but you need to beat it with Vivi)
  • The One Ring (a special mini game during disc 2)
  • Track Star (can't remember if accessible in disc 4, but it's when you can enter alexandria on disc 3)
  • The Ultimate Sword (reach end of disc 4 in 12 hours, atm, around 9 hours and 15 minutes is the fastest you can do this)
  • Your Lucky Day (can't remember, but it's Dali village, which you get to early disc 1).
  • Out of Harm's Way (highly missable, small story related event during near end of disc 1, when you reach the top of the sandstorm location).

A lot of them O_O

10 minutes ago, zadorvp said:

Corrections/notes:

• Sword of Kings is not missable, the items will keep reappearing if you make mistakes.
  • Ragtime and the friendly monsters will keep returning until you get them right (although technically you could get rid of all your Moonstones so the friendly monsters one is actually missable)
  • No Stellazio coins are missable, so the two related trophies are not either :)
  • Another Man's Treasure does not require all chests (even stealing counts for it), but it does become significantly harder if you skip too many (and could potentially be missable if you skip everything in all the locations that become closed off later...)

A mouse wouldn't help since the Steam one relies on placing it on top of the speech bubble which you would not be able to do on the PS4 port.

If they can become missable, they are... so better list then:

Missable trophies:

• Mister Nice Guy (special friendly enemies that ask for items. You must give them what they ask for. not to be confused with gimme cats. you can tell the difference by listening to the song, which is the same as the quiz guy. Is missable because you may run out of the items they request)
  • Another Man's Treasure (find most treasure chests in the game)
  • A-Hunting We Will Go (beat a special event during disc 1? but you need to beat it with Vivi)
  • Peek-A-Boo (not sure if missable, but could be, disc 2 btw)
  • The Ultimate Sword (reach end of disc 4 in 12 hours, atm, around 9 hours and 15 minutes is the fastest you can do this without cheats)
Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, MMDE said:

If they can become missable, they are... so better list then:

Missable trophies:

• Another Man's Treasure (find most treasure chests in the game)
  • The Ultimate Sword (reach end of disc 4 in 12 hours, atm, around 9 hours and 15 minutes is the fastest you can do this without cheats)

That's better :)

I wish they had brought over some more trophies from the Steam version :( The Femme Fatales?, Still I Rise, Taking the Black and one synthesis trophy. Also, no trophy for ability learning D:

17 minutes ago, DizzyDavidson said:

Actually that doesn't sound bad. Cheats for every game? That'd be cool.

And I'm one of those choice ppl.

I believe you can use mouse/keyboard for some games.

Maybe this one too?!?

I'm pro choise too, and just because you have a choise doesn't mean you must choose to use them at all or just some of them or all of them.

9 minutes ago, MMDE said:

The question is then, why do you play the game? These cheats makes it so you skip the game. The fact is, so many people will have a different experience playing this game now, simply because they got the choice, and it's probably not for the better... This has way more to do with Square Enix being embarrassed about their previous games, the games that made them.

Maybe not everyone has the time to play like you do? If you don't want them, then don't use them. Maybe someone has done it all, and want to re-live it all, but only have an hour or two a week to play. Some ppl who played this at release might have children and full time jobs, so they might not have 200+ hours to put into a game they have already played. These "cheats" might make it posible for them to re-live their lost fantasy again. It's not a cheat if the developer added it, it's a feature to be used as the player see fit. Don't be so judgey of how others play or enjoy their games, instead play it like you want and let others do the same. Same way let others decide how they want to earn their trophies and you decide how you earn yours, there is a reason why it's bronze and not all gold!

It will be fun to return to FFIX again, was not among my favorit ones, but it was good.

As most says, not looking forward to the jumping, but I hope I will be able to manage it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Morfea said:

I'm pro choise too, and just because you have a choise doesn't mean you must choose to use them at all or just some of them or all of them.

Maybe not everyone has the time to play like you do? If you don't want them, then don't use them. Maybe someone has done it all, and want to re-live it all, but only have an hour or two a week to play. Some ppl who played this at release might have children and full time jobs, so they might not have 200+ hours to put into a game they have already played. These "cheats" might make it posible for them to re-live their lost fantasy again. It's not a cheat if the developer added it, it's a feature to be used as the player see fit. Don't be so judgey of how others play or enjoy their games, instead play it like you want and let others do the same. Same way let others decide how they want to earn their trophies and you decide how you earn yours, there is a reason why it's bronze and not all gold!

It will be fun to return to FFIX again, was not among my favorit ones, but it was good.

As most says, not looking forward to the jumping, but I hope I will be able to manage it.

What I've argued is that the cheats should disable the trophies. Then you can play with cheats if you want, but if you want the trophies, you should play the game as it was intended.

Game developers usually don't do this stuff when they're proud of their game. Square Enix is clearly not, and it's pretty sad.

This is not a 200 hours game. Even if you do everything in the game for the first time, it's like 80 hours max. And if you don't have the time for the game, you don't.

Edited by MMDE

3 hours ago, UpTheIrons_87 said:

Am I missing something??

Why is it that all of you are so concerned with the platinum?? Sure i will try to get it as well. But I don't mind if i take multiple playthroughs. This is what it has turned into, a new game comes out, everyone rushes to just get the damn platinum (at the expense of the experience and enjoyment of the actual game) and just move on to something else. 

I will play this game once through normally, just to relive the magic that this game has for me. And then, i will play it again to clean up all the trophies. 

Maybe I am way off base, but that's just how I feel. 

i couldnt  agree more with you my friend,people are obsessed with trophies giving priority to these than the game

Whoever made the 1000 jumps trophy is a masochist.

Decided that I'll do this trophy before doing the rest of the game, so I'm using my metronome with scripted BPM changes so I can tap the button with the beat, it seems like this minigame is actually inconsistent on speed and it'll randomly lower or raise by a random small percentage which is enough to desynch the metronome. Even when compared to the video footage I've made, it seems to have a very tiny change each time.

I wonder if they purposely did this so people can't bot macro this.

6 minutes ago, Niryna said:

Decided that I'll do this trophy before doing the rest of the game, so I'm using my metronome with scripted BPM changes so I can tap the button with the beat, it seems like this minigame is actually inconsistent on speed and it'll randomly lower or raise by a random small percentage which is enough to desynch the metronome. Even when compared to the video footage I've made, it seems to have a very tiny change each time.

Jumping rope is fairly easy, but don't underestimate the game! The speed at which the rope moves increases at 20 jumps, increases again at 50 jumps, and then once again at 100 jumps. At 200 jumps, the speed subsides a bit, but the timing is different. After 300 jumps, the speed and timing of the jumps remain the same.

From the online pages of the official guide. :) 

I'm tempted to bot macro it! :D 

Edited by MMDE

20 minutes ago, Niryna said:

I think you might mean 'sadist'.

Masochist = Someone who enjoys being in pain.

Sadist = Some who enjoys inflicting pain on others. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, darkamdusias said:

I think you might mean 'sadist'.

Masochist = Someone who enjoys being in pain.

Sadist = Some who enjoys inflicting pain on others. 

In this case it's both! 

One who made it is a sadist, one who does it is a masochist. 

Everyones happy

Ya know except for the rest of us 

33 minutes ago, MMDE said:

What I've argued is that the cheats should disable the trophies. Then you can play with cheats if you want, but if you want the trophies, you should play the game as it was intended.

Game developers usually don't do this stuff when they're proud of their game. Square Enix is clearly not, and it's pretty sad.

This is not a 200 hours game. Even if you do everything in the game for the first time, it's like 80 hours max. And if you don't have the time for the game, you don't.

True you said so, my misstake, and I agree to some extent, trophies should be something tou could be proud of, hence the name. Hehe

• Like 1

Fuck that jump rope trophy! Fuck that!

I was really hoping for another trophy list like FF7, where it was just a fun, calm ride down nostalgia street. Not an exercise in futility like the bullshit Lightning dodger trophy in FFX. 

On PC, the jump rope, for some reason, does not detect an overload of mouse control. You can download an auto-fire clicker program that runs in the background and simply hold down the mouse button. If you set the program correctly you can get to 2000+ jumps this way by holding down the left mouse button. Once I can cheese my way through bullshit trophies like that, I'll consider getting 100%. 

I was so excited for this, but instead I'll just continue to play the original, or the Android version on my nVidia Shield.

Just now, sephirothdude said:

Fair play too ya, no way could 543 never mind a 100 or a 1000 1f635.png

Im gonna teach you later how to do but isn't impossible for me (on ps1 version only excalibur 2 was impossible for me) :D 

1 minute ago, lesk8vaincra said:

Usually, when people are kidding, they let some kind of hints about it in the way they write ;).

Either you are a bad joker, or a bad writer ?

I think you have some problems, train a lot because you will need AHAHAHAH

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Paige-ID said:

Fuck that jump rope trophy! Fuck that!

I was really hoping for another trophy list like FF7, where it was just a fun, calm ride down nostalgia street. Not an exercise in futility like the bullshit Lightning dodger trophy in FFX. 

On PC, the jump rope, for some reason, does not detect an overload of mouse control. You can download an auto-fire clicker program that runs in the background and simply hold down the mouse button. If you set the program correctly you can get to 2000+ jumps this way by holding down the left mouse button. Once I can cheese my way through bullshit trophies like that, I'll consider getting 100%. 

I was so excited for this, but instead I'll just continue to play the original, or the Android version on my nVidia Shield.

On the plus side, even with the terrible cheats, it's still going to be an ultra rare plat! :D With some practice you can do it though, just remember when it starts going slower and faster, still 1000 clicks in a row like that is fucking annoying.

Jumping rope is fairly easy, but don't underestimate the game! The speed at which the rope moves increases at 20 jumps, increases again at 50 jumps, and then once again at 100 jumps. At 200 jumps, the speed subsides a bit, but the timing is different. After 300 jumps, the speed and timing of the jumps remain the same.

It was like the one thing I didn't want to do in the game... :( 

Edited by MMDE

10 minutes ago, MMDE said:

On the plus side, even with the terrible cheats, it's still going to be an ultra rare plat! :D With some practice you can do it though, just remember when it starts going slower and faster, still 1000 clicks in a row like that is fucking annoying.

It's not so much the difficulty. It's the tenacity of it all. I've had revelations in my life where I realize why I play videogames again (something trophies, for a while, threatened to challenge); for fun. 

I am 100% convinced that I can get the jump rope trophy. No doubt in my mind. I am also 100% sure that afterwards, instead of feeling accomplished and enriched, I'll feel relieved and just happy to be done with it. My reaction to a trophy should be "YES!" as opposed to "FUCKING NEVER AGAIN". If a challenge isn't fun, then it's not worth my time, especially since the best part about a challenge is the rush of overcoming it. Not enduring it.

• Like 1