Let's Play Persona 5

37 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Another thing, i was catching personas but for the last one, i didn't have a slot so the game told me to release one.Is it gone forever? Or can i access it in the Velvet Room later?

You can buy the ones you captured or fused in the Persona Compendium in the Velvet Room. The lowest-leveled personas cost the least amount of money and the prize increases as the level of the persona you want to buy increases.

8 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Another thing, i was catching personas but for the last one, i didn't have a slot so the game told me to release one.Is it gone forever? Or can i access it in the Velvet Room later?

In addition to Lucas' comment: don't release Personas you've just obtained in a battle, otherwise they won't register in the compendium. Also don't forget to manually register a Persona after leveling it up, otherwise you'll get the old version when summoning it again.

7 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

In addition to Lucas' comment: don't release Personas you've just obtained in a battle, otherwise they won't register in the compendium. Also don't forget to manually register a Persona after leveling it up, otherwise you'll get the old version when summoning it again.

When it's safe to release them? After i leave the palace? And also how you register them?

9 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

When it's safe to release them? After i leave the palace? And also how you register them?

What I did was keep a few Personas to have all elements and fill the rest with Personas from the new palace. Once all slots were full, I'd go back and fuse new Personas whenever possible and repeat this until reaching the final boss of a palace. Afterwards, I fused the strongest Personas and transferred useful skills. If you want to release a Persona, don't do it in the same battle you've obtained it and you should be good. As for registering them, that's done in the Velvet Room. When talking to Igor, go to the Register/Summon option and go to the registering tab.

6 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

What I did was keep a few Personas to have all elements and fill the rest with Personas from the new palace. Once all slots were full, I'd go back and fuse new Personas whenever possible and repeat this until reaching the final boss of a palace. Afterwards, I fused the strongest Personas and transferred useful skills. If you want to release a Persona, don't do it in the same battle you've obtained it and you should be good. As for registering them, that's done in the Velvet Room. When talking to Igor, go to the Register/Summon option and go to the registering tab.

Do all Personas gain exp after the battle or only the one you have equipped?

1 hour ago, Dragon-Archon said:

This happens way too much and it's because the developers removed a palace from the game. 

Really?? I didn't know. Is there any info about what the Palace was supposed to look like?

I'm just like you, I can't choose between P4G and P5. The perfect mix between the two would probably be the Ultimate Persona. :P 

And CONGRATS!!! :D 

19 minutes ago, Myu said:

Really?? I didn't know. Is there any info about what the Palace was supposed to look like?

I'm just like you, I can't choose between P4G and P5. The perfect mix between the two would probably be the Ultimate Persona. :P 

And CONGRATS!!! :D 

Hifumi Togo was supposed to be Phantom Thief too, but her story arc and palace were cut and she was reduced to a Confidant. Here's the article, if you're interested.

Maybe we should execute both P4G and P5 to fuse them together :awesome: .

y8biz8D.png

13 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Hifumi Togo was supposed to be Phantom Thief too, but her story arc and palace were cut and she was reduced to a Confidant. Here's the article, if you're interested.

Maybe we should execute both P4G and P5 to fuse them together :awesome: .

y8biz8D.png

They should have left her Palace. When you go for a 80 hour first run, adding 5-10 more hours is nothing :P But since Haru's story and character are already underdeveloped, maybe it was a good thing to not add more Phantom Thieves. 

2 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

I thought you got the game on ps3 (few months ago).Congrats btw.I just started the 2nd Palace. 20 hours in game and i still see tutorials:hmm:

Thanks, the idea was to get the PS3 version, but the delivery was delayed twice, so I cancelled it and got a PS4 :lol: .

Nice, have fun :D . And yeah, you'll see tutorials from time to time.

1 minute ago, Myu said:

They should have left her Palace. When you go for a 80 hour first run, adding 5-10 more hours is nothing :P But since Haru's story and character are already underdeveloped, maybe it was a good thing to not add more Phantom Thieves. 

I agree, IMO the game would've been better if Morgana doesn't force the player to sleep so often. My guess would be the cut palace took place somewhere in the summer vacation, since the 4th palace has a time limit of nearly 2 months, so maybe Hifumi was already fleshed out as a character.

13 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

So i just caught a Regent and it says that is only useful for fusion.What should i do? With the exception of a level 1 Arsene,everything else (fusion) is above my current level (13).It sucks that i can't store it

I'd release it or use it to strengthen another Persona (if you have that option unlocked). Once you don't carry it around, another can spawn. These treasure demons yield lots of exp and money when defeated.

7 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I'd release it or use it to strengthen another Persona (if you have that option unlocked). Once you don't carry it around, another can spawn. These treasure demons yield lots of exp and money when defeated.

I realized it that i can buy it whenever i want so i used it.I combined it with a Saki Mitama for a Pixie (i wanted to keep a lovers type) and i passed nuclear,bless,curse and ice damage to all moves, since i had none of those elements.I skipped Growth 1.Then i registered Pixie so it's going to always have those moves when i buy it, right? One more question.What determines how many skills will be passed over when i'm fusing? I've been able to pass 1,2 or 4 moves (with the Regent). Also not all moves can be passed? I can't fuse the Obariyon and pass its Lucky Punch

1 hour ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Huh, that's interesting. I don't think I finished Hifumi's confidant yet but I liked her story so far. She could have been an interesting addition to the group. The part of the article that mentions Akira living in the same apartment as Niijima is interesting too, I wonder how different the game would have been :hmm:.

4 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I still can't decide if I like this one more or Persona 4 Golden

Come on, man, it's obvious =D P5 is miles better :P

4 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Joker or Makoto :hmm: .

Makoto sux :awesome: 

2 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Here's the article, if you're interested.

Interesting. So she was meant to be an additional party member. I first read she was supposed to be Haru's replacement.

3 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

I realized it that i can buy it whenever i want so i used it.I combined it with a Saki Mitama for a Pixie (i wanted to keep a lovers type) and i passed nuclear,bless,curse and ice damage to all moves, since i had none of those elements.I skipped Growth 1.Then i registered Pixie so it's going to always have those moves when i buy it, right? One more question.What determines how many skills will be passed over when i'm fusing? I've been able to pass 1,2 or 4 moves (with the Regent). Also not all moves can be passed? I can't fuse the Obariyon and pass its Lucky Punch

Yep, the registered Pixie will always have those moves.

I don't know what determines how many skills are inherited, though my guess would be the level of the new Persona. And yeah, not every skill can be inherited.

3 hours ago, Lucas said:

Huh, that's interesting. I don't think I finished Hifumi's confidant yet but I liked her story so far. She could have been an interesting addition to the group. The part of the article that mentions Akira living in the same apartment as Niijima is interesting too, I wonder how different the game would have been :hmm:.

I agree, she would've been a good strategist and yeah it would've been very interesting if the MC lived in the same apartment as Sae.

2 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Come on, man, it's obvious =D P5 is miles better :P

Interesting. So she was meant to be an additional party member. I first read she was supposed to be Haru's replacement.

Yeeeeeaaaah, no. The flaws in the game had too much of an impact.

I'd have preferred that, Haru is terrible.

2 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Makoto sux :awesome: 

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Another post that proves that your opinion is trash :awesome:.

1 hour ago, Undead Wolf said:

Says the guy who champions worst protagonist. 1f60f.png

Just thought I'd help with the waifu war too :awesome: : Makoto > Sae > Futaba > Takemi > Chihaya > Kawakami > Hifune > Ohya >  Ann > Haru.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Three Signs You Have Bad Taste:

>Thinks Makoto is best waifu

>Thinks Yu Narukami is a good protagonist

>Is from the Netherlands :awesome:

Good thing @Lucas and me don't meet all the criteria, seeing how we're from The Netherlands :awesome: .

Btw Yui Narukami > Yu Narukami :giggle: .

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 1