Let's Play Persona 5

4 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Nice, congrats with becoming a legendary Phantom Thief and being the fourth person to complete this event :yay: . Feel free to post your thoughts about the game. Yeah, reloading that save file was definitely faster than doing another playthrough on NG+.

Here's your well-deserved emblem. It turns out this font only uses uppercase letters and the o and 0 are exactly the same :facepalm: . My apologies for that, didn't know it until now.

Thanks! No worries on the emblem, looks fine to me.

Overall I'd say the game is great and far more addicting than I anticipated. I think the thing I enjoyed the most was the time management since I was trying to do everything in 1 playthrough. However, on NG+ that becomes a bit of a problem since it takes way too long to advance time if you have nothing to do. Getting through the story also takes forever since you can only fast forward cutscenes, so overall I'm happy I didn't have to do too much on NG+.

The actual turn based gameplay is fine. It's just kind of annoying that it's best to do the whole palace in 1 go. It's not that hard to do it (except for the first palace) but it can get kind of tiring since they're like 3 hours long. At least they were easier to navigate than SMT4's confusing overworld.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dertswa687o said:

Thanks! No worries on the emblem, looks fine to me.

Overall I'd say the game is great and far more addicting than I anticipated. I think the thing I enjoyed the most was the time management since I was trying to do everything in 1 playthrough. However, on NG+ that becomes a bit of a problem since it takes way too long to advance time if you have nothing to do. Getting through the story also takes forever since you can only fast forward cutscenes, so overall I'm happy I didn't have to do too much on NG+.

The actual turn based gameplay is fine. It's just kind of annoying that it's best to do the whole palace in 1 go. It's not that hard to do it (except for the first palace) but it can get kind of tiring since they're like 3 hours long. At least they were easier to navigate than SMT4's confusing overworld.

I agree, it would've been useful to have an option to skip all the cutscenes. Going through Shido's monologue 3 times or seeing the credits 2 times wasn't fun. 

29 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

I'm going to start P5 now that i finished DS3. Just a (silly) question.I inserted the disc and there was no notification about any updates.It's 1.00 version.Is it normal? Every new game i started on either ps4 or ps3 had an update to download

I think that's normal, but you should check for updates just in case :)

1 hour ago, sephiroth4424 said:

I'm going to start P5 now that i finished DS3. Just a (silly) question.I inserted the disc and there was no notification about any updates.It's 1.00 version.Is it normal? Every new game i started on either ps4 or ps3 had an update to download

Nice, enjoy the journey :D . IIRC that's normal.

9 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Too many missable trophies damnit.I read the guide and it says to use all 16 slots.Is there any hint,when to change slots? Like points of no return and such

I would say every time you clear a Palace is a good time to change slots :D

But don't bother too much with missable trophies in your 1st playthrough, you'll have plenty of time to get them all on your 2nd playthrough. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Too many missable trophies damnit.I read the guide and it says to use all 16 slots.Is there any hint,when to change slots? Like points of no return and such

12 hours ago, Myu said:

I would say every time you clear a Palace is a good time to change slots :D

But don't bother too much with missable trophies in your 1st playthrough, you'll have plenty of time to get them all on your 2nd playthrough. 

I second Myu's advice. 

As for the points of no return: whenever the game asks if you want to save the game, do it in another slot. The game will also notify you when it's time for the final boss battle.

40 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

So do you have to beat the palaces all in one sitting? 3 hours straight of gaming is really hard on my eyes.

Nope, you have safe places everywhere in every Palace where you can save.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Good! Because everyone made it sound like you had to do it in one sitting. xD

Also sometimes you can't progress for story reasons and need to come back the next day. Still, it's recommended to clear palaces in the least amount of days possible, because it exhausts the MC and he won't have free time in the evening when exploring palaces and Mementos until you get the Temperance Confidant to rank 10.

Cleared the first palace on NG+, created Satanael, completed the compendium, and tried to take on the optional boss at level 17. Needless to say, that did not end well -_- . So, fought the Reaper and gained a whooping 25 levels from beating him once. Attempted the twins again at lvl 42 .... and lost again :facepalm: . Back to the Reaper it is.

2 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Cleared the first palace on NG+, created Satanael, completed the compendium, and tried to take on the optional boss at level 17. Needless to say, that did not end well -_- . So, fought the Reaper and gained a whooping 25 levels from beating him once. Attempted the twins again at lvl 42 .... and lost again :facepalm: . Back to the Reaper it is.

How much time did it take you to beat the Reaper ? The first time I tried, I was lvl60 and it took forever. I can't even imagine on lvl17 :D 

Are you using Yoshitsune? It really helps! 

11 hours ago, Myu said:

How much time did it take you to beat the Reaper ? The first time I tried, I was lvl60 and it took forever. I can't even imagine on lvl17 :D 

Are you using Yoshitsune? It really helps! 

It took about 25 minutes and yeah, I used Yoshitsune. The problem was most attacks missed. I turned the difficulty down to Safe to revive as many times as needed, which seemed the quickest way to level up.

10 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

How so? Level 17 is ideal for twins =D

Except most attacks miss and the MC only did about 400 damage with a charged attack (assuming it didn't miss most of the times).

8 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

It took about 25 minutes and yeah, I used Yoshitsune. The problem was most attacks missed. I turned the difficulty down to Safe to revive as many times as needed, which seemed the quickest way to level up.

Except most attacks miss and the MC only did about 400 damage with a charged attack (assuming it didn't miss most of the times).

You're almost there, only one trophy left. :D 

3 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Is there any way to heal SP while you are in a palace? Apart from using items. Like a HP/MP restored from FF

The only way to recover your SP is by using SP restoring items or by using SP recovery accessories (you can get some good accessories from the Death confidant).

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Is there any way to heal SP while you are in a palace? Apart from using items. Like a HP/MP restored from FF

The SP Adhesive items from the Death Confidant are by far the best, but they cost 100,000 yen each. After reaching rank 5 (or maybe 7 :hmm: ) the price is reduced with 50%. Besides that, some personas have the ability Invigorate 1/2/3, which heals SP. You can also brew coffee in Leblanc, that restores SP, but only the best coffee is worth it. Palace exploration will be slow until you get SP regen. 

• Like 1