Let's Play Persona 5

21 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Thanks for the tip! I finished the second palace last night and I am on 5/25 with level 3 on guts and 2 for everything else. Death Arcana is at 4. I might use these extra days to get Death to 7 and get reading on some books too! 

No problem :D . They still cost 50,000 yen each after the discount, so you'll need to farm money though :lol: . The guide also has a good money-farming trick for that. 

Mostly with the weeks to spare in December I just did one task (for example, playing all the video games) then just reloaded my save and did something else.

Which is why I have the books, fishing, and video games trophies back to back (and the infiltration tools after another trophy since I needed some crafting materials)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Arctic Cress said:

Mostly with the weeks to spare in December I just did one task (for example, playing all the video games) then just reloaded my save and did something else.

Which is why I have the books, fishing, and video games trophies back to back (and the infiltration tools after another trophy since I needed some crafting materials)

I did that too for video games, the remaining books, remaining infiltration tools, and fishing. I really hated that one fighting video game as the buttons didn't register properly. Spent 2 in-game weeks completing every level.

Damn this game some times. On the final palace, 2 hours of wandering through corridors trying to get somewhere, I'm overlevelled cuz I've been wandering around so much, and then randomly one enemy group decides its going to target my protagonist and only my protagonist... 

2 hours of gameplay gone. Thanks P5... 

The RNG in this game sometimes can be a real f***ing PITA. 

2 hours ago, StrickenBiged said:

Damn this game some times. On the final palace, 2 hours of wandering through corridors trying to get somewhere, I'm overlevelled cuz I've been wandering around so much, and then randomly one enemy group decides its going to target my protagonist and only my protagonist... 

Damn, that sucks. Happened to me a couple of times too -_- . What I did was save at Safe Rooms once in a while.

4 hours ago, Arctic Cress said:

I might do this to save time in a second playthrough if need be. Great idea!

3 hours ago, StrickenBiged said:

Two hours without saving, sorry but you were asking for it.In RPGs were i can save manually,i'm saving every 5-10 minutes

Second palace down and now 20 hours in (I knew taking a few days off from work would pay off). I must say the second boss was much tougher than the first (I personally, like the challenge). Morgana kept getting one-shotted over and over. :P I had to retry twice because the first couple of times, I had Ann in my party and the boss just kept knocking her out with Ice attacks just constantly (He was not having it at all, freaking savage!) so I switched her out for Yusuke and was able to beat it in one go. I kept my personal persona as one that was resistant against wind and just constantly used lunge attacks while Yusuke focused with ice attacks. Ryuji used physical attacks as well while Morgana just constantly used Media to make sure no one was at low health. It started to get a little complicated when the boss started (spoiler just in case, but not much of a spoiler tbh) 

Spoiler

Throwing black paint on me. And OF COURSE, he throws it on Morgana! grrr...

Not my best strategy and honestly, I was probably slightly under-leveled (Level 15, first playthrough). Though, I'm glad it worked out because it was getting a little too close for comfort towards the end of the battle and really didn't want to do another retry. I think now I'm going to work on the death arcana so I can get that SP regain, because honestly, that sounds pretty fantastic (plus those guts bonus which are helpful).

Also, I think I'm going to start the #TaeisBae movement in the P5 waifu wars at this point. I feel like her (and her legs) are very underappreciated on this site. Though I haven't met Futaba and hardly met Makoto (she's just snooping on us at this point) so I can't quite jump into the Makoto vs Futaba debate yet.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Second palace down and now 20 hours in (I knew taking a few days off from work would pay off). I must say the second boss was much tougher than the first (I personally, like the challenge). Morgana kept getting one-shotted over and over. :P I had to retry twice because the first couple of times, I had Ann in my party and the boss just kept knocking her out with Ice attacks just constantly (He was not having it at all, freaking savage!) so I switched her out for Yusuke and was able to beat it in one go. I kept my personal persona as one that was resistant against wind and just constantly used lunge attacks while Yusuke focused with ice attacks. Ryuji used physical attacks as well while Morgana just constantly used Media to make sure no one was at low health. It started to get a little complicated when the boss started (spoiler just in case, but not much of a spoiler tbh) 

Hide contents

Throwing black paint on me. And OF COURSE, he throws it on Morgana! grrr...

Not my best strategy and honestly, I was probably slightly under-leveled (Level 15, first playthrough). Though, I'm glad it worked out because it was getting a little too close for comfort towards the end of the battle and really didn't want to do another retry. I think now I'm going to work on the death arcana so I can get that SP regain, because honestly, that sounds pretty fantastic (plus those guts bonus which are helpful).

Also, I think I'm going to start the #TaeisBae movement in the P5 waifu wars at this point. I feel like her (and her legs) are very underappreciated on this site. Though I haven't met Futaba and hardly met Makoto (she's just snooping on us at this point) so I can't quite jump into the Makoto vs Futaba debate yet.

Nice, congrats :yay: . The second boss is definitely a step up compared to the previous palace. I thought it was a well-designed boss fight, especially since the first boss can be cheesed after knocking the crown off.

Looking forward to a new faction joining the waifu wars :lol: .

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Hide contents

Yes! Tae best girl. I chose her on both of my playthroughs! :D 

Edited by Myu

22 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Clearly? Then, why is Futaba in second? xD Whether it's a bunch of trolls or misguided souls, she's definitely losing out to Makoto... ;)

These poor misguided souls like bossy women, what can I say~

Either way, the TRUE best waifu isn't even one of the two so :D

1 hour ago, ShakeNBake663 said:

These poor misguided souls like bossy women, what can I say~

Not just bossy, but... bland. I think that's the best word to describe her. She has about as much personality as a brick wall. :P

1 hour ago, ShakeNBake663 said:

Either way, the TRUE best waifu isn't even one of the two so :D

LIES!!! :devil: You were doing so well too. :giggle:

• Like 1

Just now, Undead Wolf said:

Not just bossy, but... bland. I think that's the best word to describe her. She has about as much personality as a brick wall. :P

LIES!!! :devil: You were doing so well too. :giggle:

Makoto is pretty bland, yes. Especially when you look at her SUPER FINE sister~

To be fair I like men, so I'm not exactly the best person to give an opinion on waifus ;)

• Like 1

Just now, ShakeNBake663 said:

I mean, if you can romance your teacher then why not Sae? Just doesn't make sense to me 1f914.png

My thoughts exactly :highfive: .

7 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

FYI Blockhead Grande has a great personality :P 

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor okami blockhead grande

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ShakeNBake663 said:

Makoto is pretty bland, yes. Especially when you look at her SUPER FINE sister~

She's way too old for my tastes (:awesome:), but yeah, looking at Sae makes me wonder what went wrong with Makoto. :P

7 minutes ago, ShakeNBake663 said:

To be fair I like men, so I'm not exactly the best person to give an opinion on waifus ;)

Haha, then you are hereby forgiven. :lol: I'll be sure to defer to your judgement on best husbando then. :P

9 minutes ago, ShakeNBake663 said:

I mean, if you can romance your teacher then why not Sae? Just doesn't make sense to me 1f914.png

Spoiler

Well, unlike Sadayo, she plays quite an important part in the story. I mean she interrogates you for most the game, so I have to wonder how it would work. An interesting thought, though!

10 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

FYI Blockhead Grande has a great personality :P 

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor okami blockhead grande

Haha, I remember Blockhead Grande. It's safe to say I would rather smash his weak points instead of Makoto's. :awesome: