Let's Play Persona 5

5 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Congrats again :yay: . What are your thoughts about the game, story, difficulty, enjoyment, etc.? Also here's your well-deserved reward:

GKnbn7x.png

I agree with everything and definitely recommend to get P4G. It's one of the best RPGs I've played on the Vita.

It's a 97/100 for me but is just behind P4. P5 has better gameplay and graphics of course but it would be weird if it didn't. P4 has it beat with better characters and a better story imo. I prefer the switch to fighting Personas over generic monsters that pallett swap every dungeon though. If Golden got remastered and changed out the shadows with Personas, using the combat system of 5, it'd be an easy 10/10. 

P5 also ended way too early. Sure it's 100 hours RPG but it cuts off and skips a few months at the end, so I felt robbed.

The bad guys of 5 are good though, other than Okumara. I was given very little reason to care about him. 

It defo gets a slot of one of the best games of all time though, behind Golden though. A Persona 5 Golden with extra content would probably put it above Golden. 

The Persona series has been hit after hit after hit, so it's up there as one of the best series there is. (I've also played Q on 3DS and I did the two fighting games on Xbox, also loved the anime)

I guess P4 has the benefit of already having all the spin offs. (with another coming in BlazBlue Cross lmao) so I guess we'll see how it fully stacks up against the full deck of P5 in the not to distant (hopefully) future. 

P5 does have the best character of all time in Futaba though. Put her in Golden and who needs P5 ;P. 

As for difficluty, I was happy with it. There was never a need to grind and the bosses had good challenges. Madarame was probably the toughest one, as you don't have many options at that point and it's 4v4 with each part having different weaknesses and is immune to stuff, whilst also having a move to make you weak to everything. It's a very well made boss at a good time who would be easy to kill later on. I also struggled with the fight against Shadow Okmura, they have a lot of dudes and the final dudes OP attack is crazy damage. 

Switch out Okumura with someone better and add another dungeon (P5 Golden like with Marie?) and it's good. I actually thought Marie's dungeon was uneeded in 4 as it already had the perfect amount, whilst 5 is lacking one so clearly that shold've been in 5!

Something that annoyed me though, they changed despair. Now you kill yourself after 3 turns instead of only losing SP. Would've been nice to know that before dying to it multiple times!

Edited by Muur1993
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Myu said:

I was so focused on Yusuke, I didn't even see how glorious that Joker emblem is. 

You truly did an awesome job, Dragon-Archon!

4 hours ago, Muur1993 said:

I prefer the switch to fighting Personas over generic monsters that pallett swap every dungeon though.

Switch out Okumura with someone better and add another dungeon (P5 Golden like with Marie?) and it's good. I actually thought Marie's dungeon was uneeded in 4 as it already had the perfect amount, whilst 5 is lacking one so clearly that shold've been in 5!

I liked this too, it made the enemies a bit more unique and it was nice to convince them to join.

Fun fact: P5 had a palace that was cut from the game and Hifumi Togo was supposed to become a Phantom Thief too.

It was a cool add on but I think it would've been better as post game DLC. It just seems shoe horned in. I did it in my NG+ though so there's that. It seemed like too much effort to do on playthrough 1

14 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Fun fact: P5 had a palace that was cut from the game and Hifumi Togo was supposed to become a Phantom Thief too.

Aye, she was also merged with Makoto so it made Makoto take up more space than she should've with what would've been for Hifum's. Switch Okumura out with Hifumi's and that's a lot better. Plus, she'd be a better waifu option than she is at the moment, as she's pretty random. If Futaba wasn't there Hifumi would be my #1 pick though. 

10 hours in and I beat the first palace. The palace was pretty cool and I'd take this over Tartarus any day! There were some strong enemies though that caught me off guard, but the boss fight was pretty easy. Getting my stats up is going pretty well, but the only confident that I've spent time with is the Chariot Arcana once and Death Arcana twice. I have a death persona, so it seemed right to go there twice (plus the guts bonus is nice!).

Can't wait to see what the next palace is like!

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

10 hours in and I beat the first palace. The palace was pretty cool and I'd take this over Tartarus any day! There were some strong enemies though that caught me off guard, but the boss fight was pretty easy. Getting my stats up is going pretty well, but the only confident that I've spent time with is the Chariot Arcana once and Death Arcana twice. I have a death persona, so it seemed right to go there twice (plus the guts bonus is nice!).

Even though a lot of people don't seem to agree with me on this, there was only one palace I enjoyed slightly less than the first one so for the most part it'll only get better from now on :P. Good to hear you're having fun. Already have a favorite character so far?

8 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Even though a lot of people don't seem to agree with me on this, there was only one palace I enjoyed slightly less than the first one so for the most part it'll only get better from now on :P. Good to hear you're having fun. Already have a favorite character so far?

I actually like the MC and Morgana the most so far personality-wise, but I only have the first 4 characters right now. Though, I think Ryuji is a freaking beast in battle! xD

• Like 1

Hey hey, I'm going to pick this game up next payday if not this weekend could you sign me up please :) 

Having never played a Persona game and knowing nothing about this game, how difficult is it going to be to max out confidants and social skills in my first playthrough? I've seen a number of guides on how to do it step by step but I prefer to get a first play of a game blind.

22 minutes ago, Dessane said:

Hey hey, I'm going to pick this game up next payday if not this weekend could you sign me up please :) 

Having never played a Persona game and knowing nothing about this game, how difficult is it going to be to max out confidants and social skills in my first playthrough? I've seen a number of guides on how to do it step by step but I prefer to get a first play of a game blind.

That'll be extremely hard completely blind. A lot of the Confidants require you to have certain stats up or certain mission completed to continue to get max. You have to use your time extremely well to do it (Pretty much know exactly when certain events will happen, which would probably require resets). Doing it without a guide on a second playthrough is very possible though if you focus on your stats on your first playthrough (this is what I am doing!). I can't say it's impossible, but I guess you can say I'm kind of trying it out now. Haha!

Though, you can give it your best shot! Unless you just really don't want to do a nearly full second playthrough

Edited by Beyondthegrave07

33 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

That'll be extremely hard completely blind. A lot of the Confidants require you to have certain stats up or certain mission completed to continue to get max. You have to use your time extremely well to do it (Pretty much know exactly when certain events will happen, which would probably require resets). Doing it without a guide on a second playthrough is very possible though if you focus on your stats on your first playthrough (this is what I am doing!). I can't say it's impossible, but I guess you can say I'm kind of trying it out now. Haha!

Though, you can give it your best shot! Unless you just really don't want to do a nearly full second playthrough

I thought this might be the case! I'm not against a second playthrough though I often find I lose motivation after finishing a game to go straight back, but I've heard Persona can grab you. Thanks for the insight mate. was helpful :)

53 minutes ago, Dessane said:

I thought this might be the case! I'm not against a second playthrough though I often find I lose motivation after finishing a game to go straight back, but I've heard Persona can grab you. Thanks for the insight mate. was helpful :)

I will say that when I followed a guide, I maxed out confidants and social skills with 3 weeks left to spare, so you do have a good amount of buffer time (and I even made a few mistakes along the way). I ended up finishing all games and books as well on my first playthrough. (You can create a separate save file to knock out fishing and home run as well). While it is hard to do it without a guide, it is quite possible to do it without a guide with the amount of buffer given.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bladesoframen said:

I will say that when I followed a guide, I maxed out confidants and social skills with 3 weeks left to spare, so you do have a good amount of buffer time (and I even made a few mistakes along the way). I ended up finishing all games and books as well on my first playthrough. (You can create a separate save file to knock out fishing and home run as well). While it is hard to do it without a guide, it is quite possible to do it without a guide with the amount of buffer given.

Alright, glad to hear there is a bit of wiggle room. I'm currently deciding if this or Kingdom Hearts 2 should be my 30th plat

7 hours ago, bladesoframen said:

That's pretty impressive! I did hear it had more wiggle room than the other games, but 3 weeks is quite a bit. Regardless, this is useful information to know!

7 hours ago, Dessane said:

Alright, glad to hear there is a bit of wiggle room. I'm currently deciding if this or Kingdom Hearts 2 should be my 30th plat

Though, my tip to you would be to have a persona that matches the Confidants you are hanging out with. For example Ryuji is the Chariot Arcana. Therefore, try to have a Chariot persona when you hang out with him. It gives you a boost I believe and makes it max out quicker. The first meeting with them doesn't matter, but I would after establishing the contract.

• Like 1

On 29-11-2017 at 8:25 PM, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Nice, the first palace is one of my favourites in the game. I do recommend to get the Death Arcana to rank 7 as soon as possible to get a discount for the SP Adhesive accessory, which has SP regen and makes palace exploration a lot easier as you can complete them faster.

On 30-11-2017 at 7:12 AM, Dessane said:

Awesome, welcome to the event :D .

Maxing out all social skills is very easy without a guide, but for confidants it might be tricky. If you're going to do a full second playthrough you can save the confidants for NG+ as it's easy max them all out when you don't have to worry about stats and miscellaneous stuff.

28 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Nice, the first palace is one of my favourites in the game. I do recommend to get the Death Arcana to rank 7 as soon as possible to get a discount for the SP Adhesive accessory, which has SP regen and makes palace exploration a lot easier as you can complete them faster.

Awesome, welcome to the event :D .

Maxing out all social skills is very easy without a guide, but for confidants it might be tricky. If you're going to do a full second playthrough you can save the confidants for NG+ as it's easy max them all out when you don't have to worry about stats and miscellaneous stuff.

Thanks for the tip! I finished the second palace last night and I am on 5/25 with level 3 on guts and 2 for everything else. Death Arcana is at 4. I might use these extra days to get Death to 7 and get reading on some books too! 

• Like 1