Star Ocean The Last Hope Remaster launches November 28th in the west

1 hour ago, PixelatedPortal said:

I wanna be one of the first to plat it, maybe

I admire your moxy, good luck with that. I can't imagine the amount of will you will require to just push through and not give up after days. I never could do it and wouldn't bother going for the plat. I might play the game some day just to see if its actually good.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2017 at 11:14 AM, starcrunch061 said:

You know, it got me to thinking: we're getting a remaster of SO4, but we can't even get a localization of SO2 (a significantly better game)?

On 10/11/2017 at 11:31 AM, Dragon-Archon said:

Well, looks like the Epic Quest is back again :awesome: .

@starcrunch061 'Cause people act as if SO4 was the greatest game ever made. It makes sense to they want to $$$ with it.

@Dragon-Archon Oh God, please no.

• Like 1

Hoping it comes to Xbox too, for the west at least since that's where it started (I played it on 360)

The trophies however, god damn. Star Ocean has some of the grindiest in history. Anyone who managed to get the 100% is a trophy god. I got 42% on 4 and 43% on 5. 

I must also be the only person that actually liked Lymle. 

Edited by Muur1993

2 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

Oh, I didn't forget. You just can't use the turbo controller for him.

True. I didn't have one for the 360 though, had to do everything the old way. Oh the memories.

Edited by TooruPT

This remaster is pretty random, but it's cool for the people who want it I suppose. I haven't played much of it, but it seemed like a decent game, but not anything amazing. Personally, I'd prefer it if they brought the Star Ocean: Second Evolution remaster/remake to the west instead.

I wonder if they're going to change the trophy list at all to be a bit more forgiving like Faithlessness and Integrity and Till the End of Time's lists were. Either way, I probably won't be getting this since I started the PS3 version years back and I hate leaving games incomplete. If I'm gonna do this insane platinum journey, it's only happening once. :P

3 hours ago, Freelancer Tex said:

Full HD... because it wasn't already HD before.

Yes, it was HD before, but "full HD" refers to 1080p. The game was only 720p on PS3/Xbox 360.

7 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

I didn't mind Lymle so much. I never use her in battle, and I don't really pay much attention to cut scenes anymore. 

Sarah, on the other hand, was a vital party member, and her voice drove me crazy.

What you didn't like Resurrection, Angel Feathers, Angel Feathers, Resurrection, Protection, Angel Feathers being chanted over and over and over and over and over and over :(

Edited by Dr_Mayus

14 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

What you didn't like Resurrection, Angel Feathers, Angel Feathers, Resurrection, Protection, Angel Feathers being chanted over and over and over and over and over and over :(

I think she might have even said something when she jumped in the air, which she had to do thousands of times for a BT.

6 hours ago, AlchemistWer said:

1f914.png Now that I think about it... Maybe now just is necesary 80% BT like SO 3

80% would be a picnic. It's that last few that add 100-200 hours. Imagine not having to grind for 255 -ology drops that you can't even keep, since there is a limit of 20 for any item. Imagine not having to kill 55 Grigori, or kill 60000 enemies. I mean, when I hit 15000 for Arumat, I pretty much just said "screw it", since I realized I was only halfway there.

But hey - what a great reward for 100 BTs per character. You get a whopping 3 CP! Try not to spend it all in one place!

15 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

This remaster is pretty random, but it's cool for the people who want it I suppose.

You know, there is a part of me that thinks Square needs to re-assert its licenses or something. I mean, they haven't given two craps for Tri-Ace in years, and yet within the past couple of years, we've seen a new SO release, 2 re-releases, and yet another release on the horizon?

My guess is the purchase by Nepro Japan means something here.