Spelunky 2 Announced

Too

I loved the first Spelunky, so I'm really looking forward to this one. I wonder how they're going to differentiate it from the original. The only thing that disappoints me about this announcement is that there's not going to be a Vita version, since that's my go-to place for these sorts of games.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

I loved the first Spelunky, so I'm really looking forward to this one. I wonder how they're going to differentiate it from the original. The only thing that disappoints me about this announcement is that there's not going to be a Vita version, since that's my go-to place for these sorts of games.

I’m thinking that with Blitworks directly involved in development, it might be a possibility still. They certainly have the chops, but probably don’t want to get Vita fans’ hopes up just in case.

19 minutes ago, T1M1D_HER0 said:

Out of all the games announced from PGW so far this is the one I'm looking forward to the most.

Same. Have been coming back to Spelunky almost daily since the XBLA release, dreaming of how they could possibly make a sequel. Really excited to see what they come up with for new items, locations, and especially secrets!

Guacamelee 2 would be a close second for me :) 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Deceptrox said:

That's excellent news, I was expecting to watch gameplay but the announcement itself is satisfying. I hope this game has a platinum since Spelunky deserved a platinum.

Seriously, if you bother the developers about it enough, they might do it. :) 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Seriously, if you bother the developers about it enough, they might do it. :) 

Let's hope so. I got Spelunky from PS+ and absolutely loved it. I'll even buy a new version of it if it has a platinum. I hope they add a platinum to the sequel, and also they make available for Vita as well.

1 hour ago, olimoo101 said:

Spelunky seems like a game which I should have played by now. Don't know why I haven't, I heard very good things. I hope this announcement got the same reaction out of people that Guacamelee 2 got out of me.

I still haven't played the first Guacamelee.

10 hours ago, Spaz said:

I wonder if the trophy list is going to be just as challenging as the first game.

I made over a dozen attempts on the 8 minute speedrun on my alt, but cannot get anywhere past the ice caves.

Try to get a jet pack in the Mines, either buy it or steal it. If you don't see a jet pack in any of the first four levels, kill your spelunker and try again. Don't forget to pick the shotgun the shopkeeper drops. Try to pick all bombs you see, and also paste. 

9 hours ago, olimoo101 said:

Spelunky seems like a game which I should have played by now. Don't know why I haven't, I heard very good things. I hope this announcement got the same reaction out of people that Guacamelee 2 got out of me.

There is still time to play it if you grab it from PS+, give the game try; don't feel demoralized if you die a lot without much progress at beginning, you'll get farther into the game over time. Good luck.

Edited by Deceptrox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tesla_Rules said:

Been waiting for Spelunky to go on sale at the NA PS store...not that I'm cheap or anything 1f600.png

If I recall correctly, t was $4.99 on a sale last year, I guess it was in the last part of the year. It will probably go on sale again this year, just be patient.

• 2 years later...