Mein Leben Runs.

I can imagine after getting all the trophies in Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus, Bloodborne feels like a fucking cakewalk in comparison.

Anyway, good job you guys. I'm planning to tackle this sometime in early March - April, depending on my school and work schedule. I'll likely play through The Evil Within, Dead Space 2, Vanquish and Shadow Warrior as a sort of precursor to what I'm going to get from Mein Leben difficulty.

4 hours ago, NaseemJohn said:

Yeah man that’s what I did. Took like 2-3 weeks off but I kinda regret it cause now I’m not as consistent with the good runs like I was before. I’d say continue or at least do a run or two everyday while playing something else in between.

Yeah. Definitely going to fit runs in here and there to keep my consistency. Checking out the RE7 DLC at the moment so I'll get back to it after I finish this up. Thanks for the tip!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kr1st0ph_212 said:

Runs #51 and #52 have both ended with horrible luck in the Courthouse. I'm starting to think I'm never going to earn this. I think it's time I take a break and try something else. It's so frustrating.

You already made it to Ausmerzer 2, you can and will earn this.
I've died three times in a row in the courthouse while using the same method I always use. This part is awful because it is partly luck.

1 hour ago, EgoMagnaSum said:

You already made it to Ausmerzer 2, you can and will earn this.
I've died three times in a row in the courthouse while using the same method I always use. This part is awful because it is partly luck.

The Courthouse is total luck and it sucks.

I made it to the final encounter in the game tonight. Disappointed but more determined than ever.

I was shot up and killed while trying to shoot the heavies with shotguns. In every other video I've watched the players kill the heavies and barely take a hit (I was staying right between the barricades like they do). Is there something I'm missing here? I didn't expect to die in such a lame way - I thought I'd at least make it to the Zerstorers and try and cheese them.

Edited by Kr1st0ph_212

2 hours ago, Kr1st0ph_212 said:

The Courthouse is total luck and it sucks.

I made it to the final encounter in the game tonight. Disappointed but more determined than ever.

I was shot up and killed while trying to shoot the heavies with shotguns. In every other video I've watched the players kill the heavies and barely take a hit (I was staying right between the barricades like they do). Is there something I'm missing here? I didn't expect to die in such a lame way - I thought I'd at least make it to the Zerstorers and try and cheese them.

For the court house: I used Granny's strat and I have never died there on Mein Leben. The only thing that I do differently is the part upstairs, there I use sturmghewers for killing all the enemies swarming at you and the turret just against the 3 super soldatens. I think this is the best way to deal with that fight.

For the final battle: once again Granny's strat worked really well for me, I reached Frau Engel with 96 armor and max health lol. His strat here isnt risk free but it works 9/10 times and I find it to be the most consisten.

4 hours ago, darkangel-play said:

I finally got the platinum, it was the hardest thing I have ever done trophy wise. Thats not because of the difficulty (it wasnt that bad actually) but because of those 50 minutes of unskippable cutscenes. I quitted the game and played other stuff for almost a week because of that... Anyway, the game is really awesome, one of the best FPSes I have ever played and the satisfaction for splitting in half that nazi whore's head on Mein Leben is well worth the pain. I can't wait to play the DLCs!

Congratz :D and for @DEOSS77 plat too :)

8 hours ago, Kr1st0ph_212 said:

From what I know on this part, staying between the barricades is never a problem, except with the 3rd & 4th heavies, because at least one soldier must come in front of you from the right. If he doesn't show up, then he may be coming from behind you. They may also throw a grenade at you (very rare though).
I guess it might also be possible that, very rarely, the soldiers come for you, even between the barricades.

During one of my practice run, the Zerstörers were triggered at the same time as the last heavy, so I guess things may unfortunately go wrong sometimes.

8 hours ago, darkangel-play said:

For the court house: I used Granny's strat and I have never died there on Mein Leben. The only thing that I do differently is the part upstairs, there I use sturmghewers for killing all the enemies swarming at you and the turret just against the 3 super soldatens. I think this is the best way to deal with that fight.

For the final battle: once again Granny's strat worked really well for me, I reached Frau Engel with 96 armor and max health lol. His strat here isnt risk free but it works 9/10 times and I find it to be the most consisten.

Okay, I'll check it out. Going to commit it to memory since it's the only part in the game I'm not that familiar with. Thanks heaps!

1 hour ago, EgoMagnaSum said:

From what I know on this part, staying between the barricades is never a problem, except with the 3rd & 4th heavies, because at least one soldier must come in front of you from the right. If he doesn't show up, then he may be coming from behind you. They may also throw a grenade at you (very rare though).
I guess it might also be possible that, very rarely, the soldiers come for you, even between the barricades.

During one of my practice run, the Zerstörers were triggered at the same time as the last heavy, so I guess things may unfortunately go wrong sometimes.

To be fair I did kind of panic and run from the barricades (because I was being shot at and taking damage for some reason) to try and find some armour. It might have moved the enemies around a little bit. In any case, the rest of the game is pretty much easy done for me - if I reach that final encounter, all I need is to make it through that and I'm golden. On that run my Panzerhund never went below 700 armour - it was one of my best. Too bad I couldn't close it out, but soon...

Edited by Kr1st0ph_212

10 hours ago, Rose Amicitia said:

and for @DEOSS77 plat too :)

This guy is from our forum, and as far as I know, he buys many of his platinums (638 plats, he may not even play himself at that point).

P.S. Am I mistaken, or were there 25 platinum insteat of 24 yesterday?

Edited by MAKAPOB_

19 minutes ago, MAKAPOB_ said:

This guy is from our forum, and as far as I know, he buys many of his platinums (638 plats, he may not even play himself at that point).

Yeaaaahhh it's a team account. 

I don't remember anyone missing that was there before. I've been looking every day because the rarity keeps going up and it's not my rarest trophy anymore. ;-;

18 hours ago, Kr1st0ph_212 said:

Did you have the Rotor upgrade on the shotguns? and were you making sure the shots from both shotguns landed on the heavies, cause sometimes if only one shotgun hits them, they will survive. Otherwise if you hit them with both shotguns three times, they should go down.

16 hours ago, darkangel-play said:

I finally got the platinum, it was the hardest thing I have ever done trophy wise. Thats not because of the difficulty (it wasnt that bad actually) but because of those 50 minutes of unskippable cutscenes. I quitted the game and played other stuff for almost a week because of that... Anyway, the game is really awesome, one of the best FPSes I have ever played and the satisfaction for splitting in half that nazi whore's head on Mein Leben is well worth the pain. I can't wait to play the DLCs!

Congrats!

13 hours ago, Kr1st0ph_212 said:

Okay, I'll check it out. Going to commit it to memory since it's the only part in the game I'm not that familiar with. Thanks heaps!

To be fair I did kind of panic and run from the barricades (because I was being shot at and taking damage for some reason) to try and find some armour. It might have moved the enemies around a little bit. In any case, the rest of the game is pretty much easy done for me - if I reach that final encounter, all I need is to make it through that and I'm golden. On that run my Panzerhund never went below 700 armour - it was one of my best. Too bad I couldn't close it out, but soon...

Anytime

@Rose Amicitia and Mi2Lethal Thanks guys :-)

Version 1.05 came out today to prepare the game for the DLC. There are meant to be "bug optimisations and fixes" (they've added rewards and stuff to the Combat Simulations).

I had one crack at Mein Leben tonight and I made it to just after the Courthouse before I hit Rest Mode for the night. The game felt ever so slightly easier than it normally is and this is probably a tremendous placebo effect because it's been a good run (I barely took damage in the Courthouse), but who knows?

With any luck I'll smash this out soon and tackle the DLC...

7 hours ago, MAKAPOB_ said:

Yeah i know him from a dispute :P

• Like 2

9 hours ago, phantomfear9494 said:

To anyone interested the DLC will also have a Mein Leben requirement.   

Thankfully DLC packs aren’t as long as the main game. 

I’m going to assume that the other two DLC packs will have a Mein Leben trophy as well. If so, huge respect to anyone who manages to get all the trophies to Wolfenstein II. I’ll tip my hat to all of you when it happens. 

16 hours ago, MAKAPOB_ said:

The trophy count per day pretty much gives it away. 

31 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I’m going to assume that the other two DLC packs will have a Mein Leben trophy as well. If so, huge respect to anyone who manages to get all the trophies to Wolfenstein II. I’ll tip my hat to all of you when it happens. 

Achievements are already up on Steam for the second pack and they're basically the same as the first set based on the images, so yeah Mein Leben in all 3. :P

1 hour ago, Gage said:

Achievements are already up on Steam for the second pack and they're basically the same as the first set based on the images, so yeah Mein Leben in all 3. :P

I doubt the Mein Leben DLC trophies will be as hard as the main game. But...you never know...

EDIT: 53 runs in and I'm just over it. I'm tired of reaching New Orleans 3 or Venus 2 or even Ausmerzer 2 and just dying to random crap. I don't think I'll play this much more unless they patch the cutscenes. It's a waste of time.

Edited by Kr1st0ph_212

Hours of life saved since 98%ing the game and not attempting mein leben:

God I love this thread now. So many people wasting dozens upon dozens of hours for this stupid trophy only to get shot twice and die with a Nazi screaming "I killed you bitch! I fucking got you!!!"

Seriously. Let it go. Or don't. I've got plenty of popcorn!