Mein Leben Runs.

On 4/27/2019 at 5:52 AM, mjan8935 said:

you can pause and put your PS4 in rest mode and do it over multiple sittings. 

Many of the videos do it in 2-3 hours which was too risky for me. My final run took 6 hour approx. in three sittings.

I highly recommend it just for fun. It's a great game.

I'd never jeopardize a consoles longevity or waste electric on something I'm not using at that time. I won't ever go for it mate, but I will get the game when its cheap to experience the game on my none completion profile. 

23 minutes ago, DaveMcDamage said:

I'd never jeopardize a consoles longevity or waste electric on something I'm not using at that time. I won't ever go for it mate, but I will get the game when its cheap to experience the game on my none completion profile. 

You can put your PS4 into rest mode when you feel you're uncomfortable or yo think you played too much. I was playing safe (because didn't want to fail at Venus for 6th time xD) and it took me 3-3.5 hours so not that long imo. Besides, PS4 has 250 Watt PSU (have no idea about Pro but I estimate around 350 Watts) so it won't drain much electric too (comparing to some gaming rigs).

On 4/28/2019 at 7:54 AM, XxIsa-GxX said:

You can put your PS4 into rest mode when you feel you're uncomfortable or yo think you played too much. I was playing safe (because didn't want to fail at Venus for 6th time xD) and it took me 3-3.5 hours so not that long imo. Besides, PS4 has 250 Watt PSU (have no idea about Pro but I estimate around 350 Watts) so it won't drain much electric too (comparing to some gaming rigs).

I will never go for it mate hahaha. 

It would take me about 6-7 days to do a full playthrough on a successful run because I work and only game for about 40 minutes at a time. No way I would leave the PS4 on or on standby for that amount of time. 

But I tell you what also ticked me off about this trophy, that its bronze. Now when I go for a completion the bronze, silver and gold mean nothing to me because its all about the 100% A game could be all bronze but the fact is that I aim for 100%. But for a trophy that requires so much skill like this to be given a bronze seems like a kick in the face to the gamers who put the hours in to achieve such a feat. Sort of like the devs giving the finger to gamers who enjoy trophies by giving so little for what takes so much effort. But personally I think it would have backfired on the devs in terms of completion gamers sales. Could be wrong on that point though. 

15 hours ago, DaveMcDamage said:

I will never go for it mate hahaha. 

It would take me about 6-7 days to do a full playthrough on a successful run because I work and only game for about 40 minutes at a time. No way I would leave the PS4 on or on standby for that amount of time. 

But I tell you what also ticked me off about this trophy, that its bronze. Now when I go for a completion the bronze, silver and gold mean nothing to me because its all about the 100% A game could be all bronze but the fact is that I aim for 100%. But for a trophy that requires so much skill like this to be given a bronze seems like a kick in the face to the gamers who put the hours in to achieve such a feat. Sort of like the devs giving the finger to gamers who enjoy trophies by giving so little for what takes so much effort. But personally I think it would have backfired on the devs in terms of completion gamers sales. Could be wrong on that point though. 

Re, the longevity of the console, the wear and tear caused by leaving it on standby is negligible I believe. I think the planned obsolescence (how long until something is redundant or it breaks) of a console is much longer / non existent compared to a PC. Phones and PC's have planned obsolesce of about 2-4 years. Consoles are designed to last much longer based on my experience as you will spend much more on games over the life of a console than on the console itself. So if worried about wear and tear it will be fine. My PS4 pro was bought on the day it released and it has been on standby most of that time and runs without any noticeable difference.

I agree, the trophy should have been gold.Trophies seem like an afterthought to the developers a lot of the time. I think you are right re sales. In this case it  would have influenced the sale of the game amongst certain circles. Comparing the number of players on PSN profiles for DOOM and Wolfenstein 2 you can see a big difference. About 3.3 times more people player DOOM than Wolfenstein 2. Both shooters using the same engine (I think), DOOM was released 18 months earlier but the difference in number of players is huge. I suspect the Mein Leben trophy had a lot to do with that.

I'd take a trophy like Mein Leben any day over those long super grindy, RNG trophies. I own all the Yakuza's on PS4 but don't want to start as they have these long grindy trophies for platinum. Same with Monster Hunter World.

Edited by mjan8935
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, mjan8935 said:

Re, the longevity of the console, the wear and tear caused by leaving it on standby is negligible I believe. I think the planned obsolescence (how long until something is redundant or it breaks) of a console is much longer / non existent compared to a PC. Phones and PC's have planned obsolesce of about 2-4 years. Consoles are designed to last much longer based on my experience as you will spend much more on games over the life of a console than on the console itself. So if worried about wear and tear it will be fine. My PS4 pro was bought on the day it released and it has been on standby most of that time and runs without any noticeable difference.

I agree, the trophy should have been gold.Trophies seem like an afterthought to the developers a lot of the time. I think you are right re sales. In this case it  would have influenced the sale of the game amongst certain circles. Comparing the number of players on PSN profiles for DOOM and Wolfenstein 2 you can see a big difference. About 3.3 times more people player DOOM than Wolfenstein 2. Both shooters using the same engine (I think), DOOM was released 18 months earlier but the difference in number of players is huge. I suspect the Mein Leben trophy had a lot to do with that.

I'd take a trophy like Mein Leben any day over those long super grindy, RNG trophies. I own all the Yakuza's on PS4 but don't want to start as they have these long grindy trophies for platinum. Same with Monster Hunter World.

The Yakuza games aren't bad mate. Can be annoying in places but you quickly get over them. The first three games were a great gaming experience. 

I got the platinum on The New Order yesterday, will start The Old Blood after work I thinks. 

• 2 months later...
On 6-7-2019 at 9:21 PM, Crispy_Oglop said:

Currently working on my Mein Leben run now. Just got as far as the reactor after the elevator platform. Furthest i've gotten so far. Some great strategies and motivation in this thread. Looking forward to beating this!

1 hour ago, mjan8935 said:

Keep at it, with enough patience and practice you'll get it. Probably one of the best feelings I've had in gaming when I did it. My wife can proudly say she is married to someone that has finished Woflenstein 2 on the hardest setting*.

A few tips based on my experience:

• Some of the tactics in the longer videos are super risky and can ruin an entire run. Practice on I am death incarnate making saves at the troublesome areas and practice them until you are comfortable with them.
  • If using stealth, make sure you know an area to run and hide in and shoot from in case you are spotted. I found stealth too risky for the end of the game so would always go loud from a good spot (except for the final part of venus), leaning behind cover.
  • Break up your attempt over a few days. Personally, after 2 hours my concentration would start to drop so would leave it for the next day.

*: she doesn't say that but I like to think she is proud.

Let me add a few tips too:

-Know where to find the weapon upgrades, especially in the beginning. You'll want to upgrade your weapons even almost at the end of the game. 

-Know that many of those who have the trophy have spent A LOT OF TIME into getting it and you probably will too.

-The first time in the ausmerzer when blowing up a tank with a grenade and proceeding down, you can farm for throwback grenade kills here to get more time for grenades to blow in the future. Don't leave the first room where you kill 2 nazi and put pressure by shooting 2 bullets every 3 seconds. You'll notice they throw a lot of grenades to throw back. I sometimes got to about 8 kills in a run. You can search for throwback grenade farms to see what I mean. 

- When reaching the reactor: take your time to deal with the nazis and avoid the huge *** robot of seeing you. The robot can easily be dealt with later. 

-The courtroom tactic is usefull but when you can, try to pick up dropped weapons and ammo by using minimal movement from the safe spot. You can get killed if you move a little too far away from it but normally you can easily get a hold of a shockhammer and this can be used to easily dispatch the dog and soldier behind the gate and a soldier or 2 in the line of path between the safe spot and spot 2.

-When riding the big bad metal puppy, know what to do when the puppy dies. Just try fo figure out something. My tactic was running back and lean from a wall and take enemies down from an insane distance ( almost shooting shadows) 

-take breaks when needed, drink something every now and then and know that concentration will drop when frustrated. Frustration is good, means that you care, but will kill you in sections you normally ace. 

-when going for the 100% of the game, go immediately for those trophies. You have trained to be as efficient as possible in the mein leben runs, so doing the dlc right after the mein leben run will feel like a breeze. 

Hope it helps. 

Just made it as far as the last bits of the Panzerhund ride. It was my best run yet. Normally i'm able to get through it to the end of the sequence and then stealth my way through the sewers. This time i screwed up and had to run with plan B, the panzerhund exploded so i had to do the warehouse run on foot. I was doing so well until a single bullet hit a barrel behind me and caught fire. By the time i realised it, the thing blew up, knocked me on the ass and ignited another bunch of barrels. Boom - end of run.

Back to the beginning, i'm at a point now where i'm dreading going through 15 mins of cutscene at the beginning. But once i'm through that i'm back to being engaged.

On 14/07/2019 at 2:32 AM, Crispy_Oglop said:

Just made it as far as the last bits of the Panzerhund ride. It was my best run yet. Normally i'm able to get through it to the end of the sequence and then stealth my way through the sewers. This time i screwed up and had to run with plan B, the panzerhund exploded so i had to do the warehouse run on foot. I was doing so well until a single bullet hit a barrel behind me and caught fire. By the time i realised it, the thing blew up, knocked me on the ass and ignited another bunch of barrels. Boom - end of run.

For the panzerhund section I started the beginning bit by shooting, on foot, from behind the fence at the start of the level until I had killed all enemies including the commander. 

This clears the entire first area I think until the tunnel and the panzerhund takes no damage. There may still be enemies at tunnel entrance. 

At the tunnels, shoot a burst of flame from around corners, edges and pull back. Going through slowly. 

I was able to get through this way with minimal damage to panzerhund. 

Texas and the courthouse after that! Courthouse is not too bad with the right tactics. There are some good ones in this thread. At the courthouse, once the gates opened, I ran left but instead of throwing greanade in corner to kill dog I crouched behind box and shot it, then sprinted up. 

On 7/13/2019 at 6:32 PM, Crispy_Oglop said:

Back to the beginning, i'm at a point now where i'm dreading going through 15 mins of cutscene at the beginning. But once i'm through that i'm back to being engaged.

havent checked this thread in awhile. if you need help send me a pm. the game is still pretty fresh in my mind.

i tested multiple strats and eventually found ones that works 9/10 times in every situation, even the ones that are more “rng” based.

Edited by UlvenFenrir

On 18/07/2019 at 2:16 PM, UlvenFenrir said:

havent checked this thread in awhile. if you need help send me a pm. the game is still pretty fresh in my mind.

i tested multiple strats and eventually found ones that works 9/10 times in every situation, even the ones that are more “rng” based.

That's really kind of you! I ended up getting through it in the end, but I always love seeing other folks strats. I'm now just past the conveyor belt sequence on Venus, which is where my PS4 has gone to sleep until I can pick it up tonight.

I had a close call after you drop onto the surface and have to sneak behind the giant robot, in the next room I missed my silenced headshots, started the alarm, then had to camp my ass in the vents underneath the floor to thin their numbers enough to let me make a break for the long ladder at the back.

I made it though, I should be okay now - need to stealth through the next room and then if I remember correctly it's the room where you have to shoot the giant model of the planet and jump down into the vent opening under it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

That's really kind of you! I ended up getting through it in the end, but I always love seeing other folks strats. I'm now just past the conveyor belt sequence on Venus, which is where my PS4 has gone to sleep until I can pick it up tonight.

I had a close call after you drop onto the surface and have to sneak behind the giant robot, in the next room I missed my silenced headshots, started the alarm, then had to camp my ass in the vents underneath the floor to thin their numbers enough to let me make a break for the long ladder at the back.

I made it though, I should be okay now - need to stealth through the next room and then if I remember correctly it's the room where you have to shoot the giant model of the planet and jump down into the vent opening under it.

i hope you make it dude ? youre so close.

• Like 1

On 4/29/2019 at 10:39 PM, mjan8935 said:

DOOM also has multiplayer, which Wolfenstein 2 doesn't.

Plus Wolfenstein 2 got a lot of mixed receptions regarding it's story and just how it feels like hating 'white' people is the cool thing while tough talking black vixens somehow pull through and kick ass. They definitely steered too far into politics.

Two thirds of it was dead serious melodrama, while one third of it was cheap comedy.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Angus1343 said:

The Roswell elevator section is really killing me right now. I have no problems there at all on iadi, but on mein leben the alarm has triggered for me each time I have gotten there so far and I have no idea why.

Yeah the elevator had me a few times now, it's a pain in the ass hehe

I made it to the end just now, climbed the ladder but got shot in the ass and died. I don't think i've sworn at my TV as much as this before ? my practice runs for the final fight were perfect up until then.

I'm happy to restart as I think i have it mastered now, but these goddamn opening unskippable cutscenes are the pits.

Edited by Crispy_Oglop
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Angus1343 said:

The Roswell elevator section is really killing me right now. I have no problems there at all on iadi, but on mein leben the alarm has triggered for me each time I have gotten there so far and I have no idea why.

Are you trying to stealth your way through the elevator? I was having trouble when stealthing that part. What I did was stealth kill the first 2 guys then I started to go loud, take out the Supersoldat first and then camp at a area where you can lean and keep killing Elite Soldiers until Set's talking line. Then try to skip the elevator (if you activate you'll spawn Robots and Supersoldats so you have to use the skip if you decide going loud). I'm bit rusty but below there, here's the video that contains go loud strategy for Roswell Elevator, good luck :) :

13 minutes ago, XxIsa-GxX said:

Are you trying to stealth your way through the elevator? I was having trouble when stealthing that part. What I did was stealth kill the first 2 guys then I started to go loud, take out the Supersoldat first and then camp at a area where you can lean and keep killing Elite Soldiers until Set's talking line. Then try to skip the elevator (if you activate you'll spawn Robots and Supersoldats so you have to use the skip if you decide going loud). I'm bit rusty but below there, here's the video that contains go loud strategy for Roswell Elevator, good luck :) :

Never thought of that but not a bad idea as it's seemingly very touchy on doing it stealth. I'll give it a whirl.

36 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

Yeah the elevator had me a few times now, it's a pain in the ass hehe

I made it to the end just now, climbed the ladder but got shot in the ass and died. I don't think i've sworn at my TV as much as this before ? my practice runs for the final fight were perfect up until then.

I'm happy to restart as I think i have it mastered now, but these goddamn opening unskippable cutscenes are the pits.

I hear ya. Especially when u screw up right at the wheelchair part ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Angus1343 said:

I hear ya. Especially when u screw up right at the wheelchair part 1f602.png

I might have been exaggerating about the 'mastered' part. Just got myself back up to the courtroom and got dropped by the dog. It has a really odd spawn placement and timing. Sometimes it comes out as soon as the doors to the outer part of the courtroom open, others it appears later or behind you. So even if you are prepared, there is still a chance that the thing catches you off guard and you get dropped.

Back to the beginning I go! But I think i'll take a rest from it now and come back tomorrow evening or the weekend. Good luck with your run @Angus1343

11 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

I might have been exaggerating about the 'mastered' part. Just got myself back up to the courtroom and got dropped by the dog. It has a really odd spawn placement and timing. Sometimes it comes out as soon as the doors to the outer part of the courtroom open, others it appears later or behind you. So even if you are prepared, there is still a chance that the thing catches you off guard and you get dropped.

Back to the beginning I go! But I think i'll take a rest from it now and come back tomorrow evening or the weekend. Good luck with your run @Angus1343

Thanks, you too!

Im not sure we're both in the same boat or not of having the first half pretty much down, but not the whole thing, but that's how I am. I may go back to iadi runs from New Orleans onward to feel more confident from that point onward.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Angus1343 said:

I think I need to "master" the battle walker upgrade side quest cuz I just wasted a run by dying there 1f602.png

I had the exact same thing happen. Frakking devastating. I think i extended my walker and then clipped the ceiling bumping me forward into a microwave field. I just sat there for 5 mins staring at my hands haha.

4 hours ago, TBO_Rum said:

After many hours I definitely managed to master my way to Venus. Now, only two levels left to master. Mein Leben Trophy, here I come!

If someone wants some advices just ask, I’ll answer as clearly possible.

You can do it @TBO_Rum! I believe in you! I really like Venus as an area because it's so segmented. Each 'room' is nice and self contained with some handy retreat points, helps to manage things better.

1 minute ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

I had the exact same thing happen. Frakking devastating. I think i extended my walker and then clipped the ceiling bumping me forward into a microwave field. I just sat there for 5 mins staring at my hands haha.

Yep. Just a complete waste of a few hours. I'm not even sure how I died and now I'm going to be nervous there. I wish I had a save to practice it now but never thought it was even remotely necessary lol.