The Frozen Wilds Trophy Thoughts

ShadowStar83x

Welp, it seems you have beaten me to making the thread! I guess mine will get locked then. I may as well just repost what I typed there:

Hey all, I noticed a couple days ago the Frozen Wilds DLC trophies were added onto my trophy list. I see they’ve finally been updated on here too! I’m kind of annoyed this DLC was split up into two packs instead of one big one or a separate list all together (as there is enough trophies here to compensate for a separate list). But ah well. I personally haven’t revealed the Hidden Trophies yet as I do not want any spoilers. Everything else seems fairly straight forward!

There is one problem I am having with a certain trophy. That trophy is the one for reaching Level 60. Since I’m in NG+ now earning Ghost Levels (currently Ghost 3), I’m wondering will my level get reverted back to 50 to earn the last 10 levels again? Or will I need to reach Ghost 60? If it’s the latter, that’s crazy.

7 minutes ago, ddracarys said:

There is one problem I am having with a certain trophy. That trophy is the one for reaching Level 60. Since I’m in NG+ now earning Ghost Levels (currently Ghost 3), I’m wondering will my level get reverted back to 50 to earn the last 10 levels again? Or will I need to reach Ghost 60? If it’s the latter, that’s crazy.

I read somewhere that the 'Ghost Levels' are actually just placeholders for the expansion, since they have no effect on the actual game itself other than to keep track of your experience, so when the expansion drops, you should be 53 automatically. This is all just theory though, so I could be wrong, since the devs haven't actually said what the Ghost levels are for.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, evilartifact said:

I read somewhere that the 'Ghost Levels' are actually just placeholders for the expansion, since they have no effect on the actual game itself other than to keep track of your experience, so when the expansion drops, you should be 53 automatically. This is all just theory though, so I could be wrong, since the devs haven't actually said what the Ghost levels are for.

Ah, that’s interesting. I hope this theory of yours is true! That makes a lot more sense actually. Thanks!

On 11/1/2017 at 10:51 PM, wackt1 said:

I wonder how big the DLC is if they split the trophy list.

Around 15 hours according to Guerilla, which sounds reasonable. List looks straightforward, nothing overly difficult, looking forward to it.

On 11/1/2017 at 10:33 PM, Blissey said:

Interesting that they split it up into two DLC lists. I guess that's how they could add 21 extra trophies. The Quests lists look like it's almost entirely story related, though it encourages you to do all the side stuff, too. None of the feats look too difficult.

So are Nico and Francesco Guerella devs? 

I very much look forward to the DLC. Just preordered today --  still need to do the ultra hard dlc....but I'm glad that level can finally go up. It might just make me go back to finish up the Uncharted and Tomb Raider plats.

Glad that Aloy's finally back! Right off the back, my first machine encounter was hard asf to defeat, even with the special armor! It's gonna take some getting used to since it's been several months since I last touched the game (still need to do the Ultra Hard mode), but I'm loving the story so far. Just activated the tallneck, now taking a break. Probably going to play the DLC off and on while working on plat for Tomb Raider DE.

• Like 1

On 11/5/2017 at 4:39 PM, Spaz said:

So what about the people who already did New Game Plus? Does the XP carry over to the Frozen Wilds expansion or do we have to start from level 50 and work our way to level 60?

you start from level 50.  No worries though there is plenty of xp to reach level 60.  

3 hours ago, Chris Hansen said:

How is the DLC guys? :) Did guerilla games deliver? :D

The DLC is awesome so far, I'm still early on but the new machines and the new Baduk side story looks very promising

And that is just the tip so far xD I'm sure the dlc will be great just like the base game was.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mah2c said:

The DLC is awesome so far, I'm still early on but the new machines and the new Baduk side story looks very promising

And that is just the tip so far xD I'm sure the dlc will be great just like the base game was.

Sweet :D i'll get it when i get payed in aprox 9 days. Can't wait to play this awsomeness again :D

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Chris Hansen said:

How is the DLC guys? :) Did guerilla games deliver? :D

It's very good. Basically, if you liked the main game you'll like the DLC. It's very nicely done in my opinion. Much like the main game you have your story missions, side missions, errands, collectibles, etc. New machines are interesting and can be pretty tough on the higher difficulty levels.

• Like 2

The Frozen Wilds have been amazing so far. I've mainly been Collectable hunting so I've barely even started questing. I am hopefully gonna start questing today though. It annoyed me that some of the collectables were locked out due to inaccessible parts of the map. But I guess I'll come back to do a clean sweep after the quests. I can't wait to see what more this DLC has to offer! So far, I highly recommend.

7 hours ago, ddracarys said:

The Frozen Wilds have been amazing so far. I've mainly been Collectable hunting so I've barely even started questing. I am hopefully gonna start questing today though. It annoyed me that some of the collectables were locked out due to inaccessible parts of the map. But I guess I'll come back to do a clean sweep after the quests. I can't wait to see what more this DLC has to offer! So far, I highly recommend.

I only finished the first 'main' quest, then I collected everything. I also did a few errands(which I'm sure didn't unlock any further parts of the map..) to earn some extra bluegleam but that's about it, nothing was inaccessible.

Sure you didn't miss a path? If not then I guess you have to finish the first one.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ac3NiNjA said:

I only finished the first 'main' quest, then I collected everything. I also did a few errands(which I'm sure didn't unlock any further parts of the map..) to earn some extra bluegleam but that's about it, nothing was inaccessible.

Sure you didn't miss a path? If not then I guess you have to finish the first one.

When I started Collectable hunting, I hadn’t done any Frozen Wilds quests. So two major parts of the map were locked out (the East and West sides of the map). I later started questing and accessed these areas through the Frozen Wilds quests.

I’m pretty sure they were locked out before due to story reasons. I’m on the final quest now!

• Like 1

Hey guys so those are the last videos I'll post for you guys to check the gameplay, nothing are story related, so feel free to check it out and decide if it's worth it. In my humble opinion the dlc more of expansion actually is amazing, there's lots to do and it's so well done, props to Guerrilla. 

• Like 1