Looking for tips on speeding through trophies

Dead-Sync

So the plan was for my fiancee and I to play through the game more consistently eventually after we did some Diablo stuff, obviously with the recent announcements that won't really happen. We got the game on PS4 so we haven't spent much time with it since it was a fairly recent launch.

While my fiancee will likely be done with the game, I'm thinking about planning a "hail mary" of sorts to get as many trophies as possible before the shutdown date. Currently, I only have the trophies from Prologue to Chapter 5 completion, so obviously we haven't done much.

So I'm looking for tips to optimize how to level up and get as much done as possible. I doubt I'd get the platinum, but I'd still like to have more than 6 trophies. So I ask:

• Any tips regarding quickest way to level up? Will things like XP boosters be super cheap? (For the record I do have a handful of Gs to spend). So should I just stock up on them and use a bunch of them? Any other items I should purchase?
  • After completing the story with a hero, what should I be doing? A certain type of activity?
  • Should I be starting a new character ASAP after getting one to 60? Or should I try to do as much as possible with one high level character?

I am going to use the trophy guide to help figure out what I need to do specifically, but any tips in general will help! Like I said I don't need the platinum per say, I likely wouldn't be able to get them all...but I'd like to just pick up as many as possible before the game ends.

Thank you!

From what I gather, everything in the store is 1 Gold or 1 Shard, so buy boosters for everything and the characters/skins you want and just grind out the trophies. I plan on playing through the game before the servers shut down as I "purchased" the game when it was announced and just left it in the backlog. Hopefully it wouldn't be too long since a lot of the grinding will be cut down exponentially with said boosters active.

• Like 1

Since the game is being shut down, everything costs 1 Eternity Splinter, which is essentially free. So, you can easily have max EXP boosters at all times. EXP boosters give up to 200% EXP, if you have a stack of 5 active at once. You should definitely have them

The fastest way to level, is to grind treasure rooms, while on the Omega difficulty with a stack of at least 5 EXP boosters. I would do both in the first area of Chapter 1, did both in the first area of Chapter 4, then would switch characters so that they would respawn, then switch back to my main character. You can unlock Omega difficulty by reaching Level 60 and beating the Omega trial. Omega is really only needed if you're going to be trying to get a Legendary Item maxed though. Otherwise, you can just do whatever the highest difficulty you have unlocked. Since the higher the difficulty, the higher the EXP. The treasure room method is really boring though.

Another fast way to level, is with Legendary quests, once you unlock them. The EXP gain is somewhat random though, because some quests take very little time, while others can take a while.

As for what you should be doing after completing the story, the only thing to really do is get the heroe to 60. Which you can do with one of the activities above if you want to level the fastest. If you have 5 level 60 characters, the only thing really left to do is grind out a Legendary Item, so you can get the Myth No More trophy. You can get a legendary item by getting Legendary marks, and trading them to a vendor in Avenger's Tower. You get legendary marks from doing Legendary quests, or from loot boxes. I'd recommend just buying a ridiculous number of loot boxes to get them. It's way easier and faster, and you'll get some good equipment.

As for if you should be leveling multiple characters, yes. Every character you get to max gives you an extra 10% exp. You also get a trophy for getting 5 characters to 60, so might as well do at least 5. After that, the only thing to really do is get whatever trophies you still need. Since the servers are getting shut down, there's no real reason to do anything else.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, pdpcdrive said:

From what I gather, everything in the store is 1 Gold or 1 Shard, so buy boosters for everything and the characters/skins you want and just grind out the trophies. I plan on playing through the game before the servers shut down as I "purchased" the game when it was announced and just left it in the backlog. Hopefully it wouldn't be too long since a lot of the grinding will be cut down exponentially with said boosters active.

same boat here haha. We had a blast playing it but sometimes games just gotta go into a backlog. Shame this needs to be forcefully ripped out of there for me. @pdpcdrive and @ExHaseo thank you for that information. It's nice to know the XP boosters (and everything) is virtually free which will make a lot of the leveling and grinding way easier. I'll be sure to stock up on XP boosters, and any other items that would be valuable for obtaining other trophies.

I appreciate the general advice as well. I think I will get my first character to 60, and then repeat a few more times to take advantage of the +10% boosts per max character. Then I guess I'll work on the legendary items using the loot boxes.

It's good to know SO much stuff is nearly free, definitely will make this process a bit easier, if not a bit of fun before it all goes away.

Thanks again!

Yes you can equip an artifact at level 1. This works for sure for you second character, but I do not know if it is unlocked with no lvl60 character, but I think so. Leveling a character from 1-60 gives you around 30-40million exp which is a nice start. Oh and the trophyguide on this is outdated regarding the exp you need for the artifact, you need around 160million less than what is written here.

While playing you can have 5 boosters active all the time. You can use the triple booster where you also boost credits drop and shield supply crate(contain high quality equip, so the leveling becomes quicker).

For every hero you get to level 60 you get permanent buff of 10%exp (up to 100% for 10heroes). But this is actually added to you overall counter, so 200% from boosters and 100% from characters gives you 300% bonus exp. 
Here is the nice part about it: you can omega prestige 4 heroes(Jean Grey, Storm, Psylock and I can't remember the fourth one xD), by buying an item from the shop, it is in the tab "Omega". So you can instantly start with +40%.

For the actual leveling. I just rushed through the story, clearing every treasure room and boss scenario room, and ignoring every enemy, except the ones you have to. It took me 2-3hours depending on the character and I was finished after story chapter 6 or 7. And I can only recommend Iceman as he is extremly powerful both defensive and offensive.

Edited by Xamaine
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Dead-Sync said:

Oh @ExHaseo. Does a hero need to be Level 60 to equip a legendary item? I'm curious because if not, should I bind that right away to start working on farming XP for it? Or do I have to wait until a hero is 60 anyways to start that process?

You can equip at level 1. It binds to that character though, so whatever character you give it to, will be the one that you'll have to use to level it all the way. You could always give one to each of your characters as you start them, and just keep leveling whichever character you like the most.

• Like 1

Ok thank you! I will spam loot boxes to get a legendary artifact, and then I will equip that to my main ASAP and start racking up the XP now. I do like the idea of equipping one per, but worst case scenario I'll make my first and only character at the moment (Iron Man) as my item leveler in the end.

@Xamaine thanks for the advice on the Omega. That system still confuses me (honestly all endgame systems and economies do since I've played little haha) but I'll look into it. Does that item just take a character and instantly prestige them or something?

It instantly "omega prestiges" the heroes. Which is basically prestiging with more benefitsxD (Details can be found here). And it unlocks the synergy buffs immediatly. But I don't know if it works for the two prestiging trophies, which would be nice.

Edited by Xamaine
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Xamaine said:

It instantly "omega prestiges" the heroes. Which is basically prestiging with more benefitsxD (Details can be found here). And it unlocks the synergy buffs immediatly. But I don't know if it works for the two prestiging trophies, which would be nice.

i just tried it, doesn't give the trophy. if need some opinion where to begin after finishing the story. doing the legendary quests (which is activity chosen to complete) is best as this can help knock out a few achievements, doing cosmic wealthy danger room will bring in a ton of coin to reach 1 million looted for gazillionaire. 

probably wont like this last part. the last upgrade to fill for legendary is 238 million.

Edited by kingdrake2

If you go to Storm, Psylocke, Magick, Jean Grey, & Spider-Man in the Roster there will be offers to buy their "Omega Pack" for 1 Splinter.  I highly recommend doing this even if you're not going to use the character.  After you "buy" the pack, switch to the character and go back into the roster, select the option to activate their Omega Prestige.  This will instantly give you their double synergy bonus to equip on any character but the secret kicker to this is that the character counts as having reached level 60 for the bonus XP percentage.  You'd still need to level them up again because the level 60 trophies require your 5 characters all be level 60 at once but in exchange you get a free legendary, bonus XP, and a very powerful character (or 5).

• Like 1

Hi, thank you all for this rather informative thread!

Any tips for the Cosmic Trial? I tried it last night with a lv.60 She-Hulk with full Cosmic Gear and the Infinity trait that boost the healing aid but got owned on the final wave. Maybe I'll just get Iceman to lv.60 since I read it makes the trial easier?

You can easily do platinum before it goes down. I finished leveling legendary from 0 in a bit less than 30 hours, with some of that time probably wasted as well, playing at most at cosmic. It seem fairly easily doable in no more than 50 hours.

As to leveling itself,due to treasure rooms being considered the quickest, I feel like Scarlet Witch will be easiest to level - she vaporize her enemies in some circumstances (you can force vaporize by using signature and black AoE storm, whatever it's called), which makes clearing treasure rooms trivial in almost every case.

This and other strong AoE also makes Hero For Hire fairly easy. Personally, after finishing 14 ops and legendary missions, I was running Church of Purification Op, because it's simpler than MODOK one, trash is easy to take down and it gives 2 chests at the end.

Don't waste time on doing legendary quests like Doom Op on high difficulty - not worth it, lower it, breeze through, go back to farming easier ones. Maybe I suck, but Doom Op and the last one at Times Square are massive time sink due to bullet spongy bosses.

Don't sweat Gazillionaire before finishing everything else - legendary missions, ops, treasure rooms, all drop gold.

Look for those Cosmic Doops - finished everything else, never seen one.

Not sure about what other people say - that you need 5 characters on 60 at the same time to make the trophy. I'm 100% sure I only leveled up 2 legit at first and gave 2 others Omega prestige and it popped when I finished leveling 5th manually. I would argue it should work if you omega prestige 4 and then level up your main to 60 before first prestige.

And ofc remember to put up those synergies and always keep up 5x buff on everything. If you miss shards, just buy 5x chests packs, you will pull a lot from them.

edit: if you have troubles with Cosmic trial, open some SHIELD drops (ones from buff) while at 60, you will get a bunch of hihg level gear, including Cosmic, that will make it significantly easier.

Edited by AkodoRyu
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Cavian said:

If you go to Storm, Psylocke, Magick, Jean Grey, & Spider-Man in the Roster there will be offers to buy their "Omega Pack" for 1 Splinter.  I highly recommend doing this even if you're not going to use the character.  After you "buy" the pack, switch to the character and go back into the roster, select the option to activate their Omega Prestige.  This will instantly give you their double synergy bonus to equip on any character but the secret kicker to this is that the character counts as having reached level 60 for the bonus XP percentage.  You'd still need to level them up again because the level 60 trophies require your 5 characters all be level 60 at once but in exchange you get a free legendary, bonus XP, and a very powerful character (or 5).

I just played a bit last night (no real gameplay, just to start buying items and going through inventory) per your and the other poster's suggestions, I did purchase all 4 omega packs, although I only actually activated 2 of them (just to see how the system worked.)

I checked stats and confirmed that I went from 5% bonus XP to 25% bonus XP. So that will be a HUGE help! I'll note I didn't get any trophy for "prestiging" these characters, so thank you for clearing that up @Cavian. (I guess it would be TOO easy if just doing the freebie omega prestige counted towards the trophy haha)

I also know what legendary item I am going to purchase, and I understand that mechanic now. I just need to spam a few more loot boxes.

Then I think I'll be off leveling characters:

• I'm going to get my only current character (Iron Man) to finish the story, and then get him to 60.
  • Then I will do another character story playthrough using the treasure room checklist
  • Then speed level other 3 characters
  • Then I'll go back to Iron Man to finish up the other trophies and level up my legendary item.

In all fairness, this definitely seems more feasible than it did before, so thank you for the great advice everyone! Let's go get these platinums. Go team!

PS. While it is sad the game is going away, there is a weird satisfaction to being overpowered and go full "pay to win" mode and spend essentially what would have been HUNDREDS if not THOUSANDS of dollars, all for free, and hoarding up on everything haha.

=====

Oh one more question!!

I have a ton of x5 Combination Boosts and x5 XP Boosts. From reading the descriptions, it seems like the Combo boosts are better right?

If so, can I stack Combination Boosts with OTHER boosts? (like can I have a 5 stack of Combo AND a 5 stack of XP going?) Or should I just do my 5 stack of combo boost only.

Edited by Dead-Sync

10 hours ago, Cavian said:

I got the other omega prestige but not for spiderman,, i couldnt find his anywhere. Do you know where i csn omega prestige spidey by any chance?

9 hours ago, fabmorais_2011 said:

Hi, thank you all for this rather informative thread!

Any tips for the Cosmic Trial? I tried it last night with a lv.60 She-Hulk with full Cosmic Gear and the Infinity trait that boost the healing aid but got owned on the final wave. Maybe I'll just get Iceman to lv.60 since I read it makes the trial easier?

there's one ability that can really help out. take the trait for 3 confuse enemy's. they will take some substantial damage when they attack each other plus give you a breather to heal. though i think i used a power build mainly. the other solutions work well (especially the black cat one) if it's just to get the trophy. i main she-hulk at least until i finish everything but leveling.

might ice-man the prestige twice. and pick 3 others.

Edited by kingdrake2

18 minutes ago, kingdrake2 said:

there's one ability that can really help out. take the trait for 3 confuse enemy's. they will take some substantial damage when they attack each other plus give you a breather to heal. though i think i used a power build mainly. the other solutions work well (especially the black cat one) if it's just to get the trophy. i main she-hulk at least until i finish everything but leveling.

might ice-man the prestige twice. and pick 3 others.

Cool, thanks! I'll look into the confuse trait, looks very helpful!

4 hours ago, Kyl542 said:

I got the other omega prestige but not for spiderman,, i couldnt find his anywhere. Do you know where i csn omega prestige spidey by any chance?

I had to log on to a second account to check because I already have the Omega Prestige on my main one but here's what I did:

1. Go to Spider-Man in the roster, choose any costume and select to play as this hero.
  2. Go back into the roster, with Spider-Man selected press triangle (unlock), it'll bring you to the page to pay for Spider-Man with either Gs or Splinters.
  3. On the Unlock page move left and it'll offer you his Omega Pack, select that.
  4. Pay for the pack using 1 Splinter.
  5. Done.

Just now, Andad87 said:

Do you need 5 characters on level 60 at the same time to get the trophy? Accidently prestiged Storm and not looking forward to doing another run with a character for no reason.

continue as normal with leveling the remaining characters required. if the trophy pops the question be answered if not i have nothing else to input other than we're doomed.

8 hours ago, Andad87 said:

Do you need 5 characters on level 60 at the same time to get the trophy? Accidently prestiged Storm and not looking forward to doing another run with a character for no reason.

I just got the 5 characters at 60 trophy only having Nightcrawler, Daredevil, and Spider-man at level 60. It looks like if you Omega Prestige Storm, Jean Grey, Magik, and Psylocke then get someone to 60 it'll count it as all 5 characters hitting 60. So all you need to do is Omega Prestige the four of them then get anyone else to 60, it popped as soon as I got Spidey to 60 with that setup.

16 hours ago, Cavian said:

I had to log on to a second account to check because I already have the Omega Prestige on my main one but here's what I did:

1. Go to Spider-Man in the roster, choose any costume and select to play as this hero.
  2. Go back into the roster, with Spider-Man selected press triangle (unlock), it'll bring you to the page to pay for Spider-Man with either Gs or Splinters.
  3. On the Unlock page move left and it'll offer you his Omega Pack, select that.
  4. Pay for the pack using 1 Splinter.
  5. Done.

I can't get this to work