Post Your Tattoos!

CasaDeBen

• 4 weeks later...

You look a lil tender haha. Are you doing background to join them?

Yep.  And maybe some more background to join my sleeve.  And yes I am, swollen as fuck like I said.  Was over 3 hours work done today, there was quite a bit of blood on the wrap.

• Like 1

Do you guys really want to see a 15 year old atom symbol and beaker? With that in mind, @Demon, that is one sweet tat you have there

Thanks.

And yea, it would be interesting to see a 15 year old tattoo, we encourage anyone join in with this thread. :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

875ba107ae.jpg

Nearly done, so impressed by this tattoo. :D One more session to add extra bits of color and background. :) So far, 12 hours.

Youre so white the colour stands out a lot :P im diggin the green gradients. Looks good. Whens the next session?

The first one is a dragon I got when I was sixteen, the other is a still to be completed galaxy/space themed sleeve. Should be finished in the next three months  :)

pQpokJR.jpg

73niANG.jpg

Post your progress on that sleeve! Hard to see in that picture but space tatts are sweet

Youre so white the colour stands out a lot :P im diggin the green gradients. Looks good. Whens the next session?

Post your progress on that sleeve! Hard to see in that picture but space tatts are sweet

Hey, I can get nearly any color done on me, it isn't a bad thing. :D (although I have my problems holding light yellows for some reason.. could be because my skin tone close enough to that.. I need really vibrant ones).  It's gonna be finished near the end March :) Then maybe another 3-4 months down the line I will be getting my other arm started.

And yes, I agree with CasaDeBen, show us the progress of that sleeve, space tattoos are usually pretty cool!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a presentation of my skinny ass arms!

*snip*

I'm planning on getting some more ink on my left arm above Ocelot because it looks abit empty with just the Hexacons.

These are like two years old pictures. I havent gotten any tattoos since then. Here's a link to the artists blog if someone wants to take a look. http://rikuturso.blogspot.fi/

First off, I love your MGS tattoos. I might steal that idea. :ninja:

I don't have any tattoos myself, I'm afraid I'm too young at the moment, but I do have ideas. Me and my sister were talking earlier about tattoos (she has a a few) and I came up with some stuff I thought would be cool:

• The Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker logo in the middle of my upper back.

nf6iYnm.png

• The FOX logo below the PW logo. This idea is a work in progress, I don't know if I would want to move the PW logo to my neck and have the FOX logo in the middle of my upper back or to switch around the location of each, but I've got a lot of time to think about it.

0Li8U8t.png

• The Diamond Dogs and Militaires Sans Frontierés logos on each of my shoulder blades. Another idea that's a work in progress.

G09MW3h.jpg

4eu7zzt.png

• Aaand because I love LovesAnInjection's arm tattoos so much, I'd like to do the same thing, just with different art. Though the art I may want to use will probably change (I have no idea how all of this would fit on my arms), I'm just picking out some of my favorite pieces for now.

m9uK6u2.jpg

gTZ6Zcq.jpg

xv3eEIo.jpg

wc03QLz.jpg

cl2kpff.jpg

Oi3n0sq.png

zERGS6H.jpg

A8j17HU.jpg

jmyY4el.jpg

(Just get rid of Huey, Coldman, and Strangelove)

Sorry if any of the images are too big or anything, I got too lazy to resize them.

These are all just ideas and pictures of the things I would want to get and I know it would take hours under the needle and a lot of money (and pain but I'd rather not think about that at the moment...) to make these the best they can be, but that's what tattoos are all about I guess. I'd just really like to have my somewhat newfound love for MGS represented, I became a really fast fan of the series after longtime interest and it's probably, if not one of, my favorite game series now. The logos and art are also cool as hell.

I could probably sketch out where I would want all the tattoos to be, though planning the arm ones will be a little tough because Shinkawa's style, and maybe post that here if my explanations aren't enough.

Buuuut like I said, I'm currently too young. Not even sure if I would follow through with it and get any tattoos in the future. I'm already iffy on getting things like piercings (on myself, I've got problem with other people doing it), but who knows? My opinion might change in the future. Hell, I might hate MGS in the future, but that's highly unlikely. Probably good that I'm planning so far ahead for this kind of thing though despite that.

Oh, and all you folks on here have cool ones! :D

• Like 2

I don't have any tattoos myself, I'm afraid I'm too young at the moment, but I do have ideas. Me and my sister were talking earlier about tattoos (she has a a few) and I came up with some stuff I thought would be cool:

nf6iYnm.png

• The FOX logo below the PW logo. This idea is a work in progress, I don't know if I would want to move the PW logo to my neck and have the FOX logo in the middle of my upper back or to switch around the location of each, but I've got a lot of time to think about it.

0Li8U8t.png

• The Diamond Dogs and Militaires Sans Frontierés logos on each of my shoulder blades. Another idea that's a work in progress.

G09MW3h.jpg

4eu7zzt.png

• Aaand because I love LovesAnInjection's arm tattoos so much, I'd like to do the same thing, just with different art. Though the art I may want to use will probably change (I have no idea how all of this would fit on my arms), I'm just picking out some of my favorite pieces for now.

m9uK6u2.jpg

gTZ6Zcq.jpg

xv3eEIo.jpg

wc03QLz.jpg

cl2kpff.jpg

Oi3n0sq.png

zERGS6H.jpg

A8j17HU.jpg

jmyY4el.jpg

Sorry if any of the images are too big or anything, I got too lazy to resize them.

These are all just ideas and pictures of the things I would want to get and I know it would take hours under the needle and a lot of money (and pain but I'd rather not think about that at the moment...) to make these the best they can be, but that's what tattoos are all about I guess. I'd just really like to have my somewhat newfound love for MGS represented, I became a really fast fan of the series after longtime interest and it's probably, if not one of, my favorite game series now. The logos and art are also cool as hell.

I could probably sketch out where I would want all the tattoos to be, though planning the arm ones will be a little tough because Shinkawa's style, and maybe post that here if my explanations aren't enough.

Buuuut like I said, I'm currently too young. Not even sure if I would follow through with it and get any tattoos in the future. I'm already iffy on getting things like piercings (on myself, I've got problem with other people doing it), but who knows? My opinion might change in the future. Hell, I might hate MGS in the future, but that's highly unlikely. Probably good that I'm planning so far ahead for this kind of thing though despite that.

Awesome. A lot of people have MGS tattoos so I dunno if it's stealing an idea really lol, I wouldn't take the FOX one though because it's something everyone has lol. I was 19 when I got my first tattoo and I'm now 24. So I got my ink pretty young. If you want a sleeve it will most likely cost more then a thousand. Remember you don't have to get it all in one go and I suggest you go to a tattoo place that has a good reputation. None of that home tattoo shit, it might be cheap, but it's gonna be on your skin for the rest of your life. I've been an MGS fan since I was a kid and no other game has come close to effecting my life like these games have. I was sure very early on I would someday get an MGS tattoo :)

• Like 1

Awesome. A lot of people have MGS tattoos so I dunno if it's stealing an idea really lol, I wouldn't take the FOX one though because it's something everyone has lol. I was 19 when I got my first tattoo and I'm now 24. So I got my ink pretty young. If you want a sleeve it will most likely cost more then a thousand. Remember you don't have to get it all in one go and I suggest you go to a tattoo place that has a good reputation. None of that home tattoo shit, it might be cheap, but it's gonna be on your skin for the rest of your life. I've been an MGS fan since I was a kid and no other game has come close to effecting my life like these games have. I was sure very early on I would someday get an MGS tattoo :)

After thinking about it the area on my back would probably be cluttered with all those logos, so I'll probably scrap the FOX logo idea to keep it more "even looking." It is a cool logo though, totally understand why a lot of people have them. I've got a little ways to go until I'm the "proper" age to get one. If I do end up getting one soon I will probably spring for it when I'm 19-20 as well.

Yeah, I wouldn't trust home tattoos for the life of me. I'm prepared for a large price too, I estimate that everything I would want to get would be over or equal to $1500.

I wish I could say the same for myself. :( I've always had an interest in the series, but I didn't get to play them until after TPP came out. Pretty much played through them all with my brother before getting the games myself. I really wish I got into the series sooner though (and by myself, my brother skipped a lot of cutscenes).

After thinking about it the area on my back would probably be cluttered with all those logos, so I'll probably scrap the FOX logo idea to keep it more "even looking." It is a cool logo though, totally understand why a lot of people have them. I've got a little ways to go until I'm the "proper" age to get one. If I do end up getting one soon I will probably spring for it when I'm 19-20 as well.

Yeah, I wouldn't trust home tattoos for the life of me. I'm prepared for a large price too, I estimate that everything I would want to get would be over or equal to $1500.

I wish I could say the same for myself. :( I've always had an interest in the series, but I didn't get to play them until after TPP came out. Pretty much played through them all with my brother before getting the games myself. I really wish I got into the series sooner though (and by myself, my brother skipped a lot of cutscenes).

Well, it's never too late to experience it for yourself :) and like you said you are still young!

Edited by LovesAnInjection
  • Like 1

nf6iYnm.png

0Li8U8t.png

G09MW3h.jpg

4eu7zzt.png

m9uK6u2.jpg

gTZ6Zcq.jpg

xv3eEIo.jpg

wc03QLz.jpg

cl2kpff.jpg

Oi3n0sq.png

zERGS6H.jpg

A8j17HU.jpg

jmyY4el.jpg

Hey, those are some cool ideas.  But I must warn you, Shinkawa's style is very detailed for tattoos.. They will have to be done massive for them to age well.  It would have to be simplified to some extent depending on the size you want it (they could never be simple wrist tattoos :P).

As for the first few you shown, those are probably fine, just make sure to go to an artist that does very clean linework for them.

I actually have a Raiden tattoo planned for my lower arm, but I would not go with Shinkawa's style for that exact reason I have explained.

Tattoos are actually much easier and quicker to heal than piercings.  It takes like 2-3 weeks to heal them (give or take, different for everyone), you just want to be going to a proper studio, making sure it's clean etc.  I actually have experience with both now and I think I still prefer tattoos for the aftercare part.  My piercings will take 6 months to fully heal before I can do anything else with them lol.  While with tattoos I only have to wait about a couple of weeks between sessions (although, it's usually about a month due to the fact the artist I go to is always booked up).

And yes, it is good you are planning ahead.  My rule of thumb with tattoos is think of an idea and think of it for a year or more.  If you are still pretty confident you want it then, then go ahead, if still iffy, wait a while longer.  You can get them covered up/lazered but at the same time you don't want to do that as cover ups are difficult and lazer is expensive (and also it won't fully remove the tattoo, you will be left with a scar), so when people warn you that tattoos are permanent, they're very serious.

Also price varies on artist, for some of those Shinkawa works, going by the average fee of a good artist, could cost $3000+.  My sleeve, and I haven't even got a big arm (I have very skinny arms.. lol), cost me about £1300 ($1850), the work on my arm wouldn't have been as detailed as Shinkawa's works so that's why I think on average you probably have to pay $3000+ for that kind of stuff at near it's full detail.

I agree with what LovesAnInjection says btw.  It's never too late when you do decide, my sister got her first tattoo at 40 (with no complications). :)  There is probably a certain age you will not be able to go through with them, but that won't be for a very long time yet. lol

Edited by DEMON
  • Like 1

Well, it's never too late to experience it for yourself :) and like you said you are still young!

Yeah, I just feel a little late to the party is all. I am glad that I did end up playing the series and experiencing it firsthand with fresh eyes instead of watching a walkthrough of all of them or something.

If you were talking about tattoos then waiting it out and being 100% sure of what you want is most certainly a good idea. :D

Hey, those are some cool ideas. But I must warn you, Shinkawa's style is very detailed for tattoos.. They will have to be done massive for them to age well. It would have to be simplified to some extent depending on the size you want it (they could never be simple wrist tattoos :P).

As for the first few you shown, those are probably fine, just make sure to go to an artist that does very clean linework for them.

I actually have a Raiden tattoo planned for my lower arm, but I would not go with Shinkawa's style for that exact reason I have explained.

Tattoos are actually much easier and quicker to heal than piercings. It takes like 2-3 weeks to heal them (give or take, different for everyone), you just want to be going to a proper studio, making sure it's clean etc. I actually have experience with both now and I think I still prefer tattoos for the aftercare part. My piercings will take 6 months to fully heal before I can do anything else with them lol. While with tattoos I only have to wait about a couple of weeks between sessions (although, it's usually about a month due to the fact the artist I go to is always booked up).

And yes, it is good you are planning ahead. My rule of thumb with tattoos is think of an idea and think of it for a year or more. If you are still pretty confident you want it then, then go ahead, if still iffy, wait a while longer. You can get them covered up/lazered but at the same time you don't want to do that as cover ups are difficult and lazer is expensive (and also it won't fully remove the tattoo, you will be left with a scar), so when people warn you that tattoos are permanent, they're very serious.

Also price varies on artist, for some of those Shinkawa works, going by the average fee of a good artist, could cost $3000+. My sleeve, and I haven't even got a big arm (I have very skinny arms.. lol), cost me about £1300 ($1850), the work on my arm wouldn't have been as detailed as Shinkawa's works so that's why I think on average you probably have to pay $3000+ for that kind of stuff at near it's full detail.

I agree with what LovesAnInjection says btw. It's never too late when you do decide, my sister got her first tattoo at 40 (with no complications). :) There is probably a certain age you will not be able to go through with them, but that won't be for a very long time yet. lol

I was thinking of simplifying them to some extent to make it easier to fit on my arms. If I had to, I'd honestly be willing to put some of that art on my lower back if there wasn't enough space or if it's not possible to simplify it. Namely the image of Snake and The Boss, since MGS3 is my favorite.

I'm not much of an earring person or anything, so I like the idea of tattoos better in general. Had no idea that they heal that fast though, so that's good to know.

Of course. I wouldn't ever get a last minute tattoo. I will be thinking on these ideas for a while, I've got plenty of time. And that is quite a hefty price but I'd say it's worth it. I mean, if you're gonna get a tattoo, make it good and make it of something you like. Especially since it's permanent.

Anyway, thanks to you both for the kind words and advice! Now I feel like I'll be ready when the day that I get one arrives. lol

Oh, and make sure to post some pictures of that Raiden tattoo when you get it, DEMON! :D

Yeah, I just feel a little late to the party is all. I am glad that I did end up playing the series and experiencing it firsthand with fresh eyes instead of watching a walkthrough of all of them or something.

If you were talking about tattoos then waiting it out and being 100% sure of what you want is most certainly a good idea. :D

I was talking about MGS lol =D

My Otacon tat wasn't simplified at all and it came fucking perfect. I'm amazed how well he did, it's like printed with a machine =D

• Like 1

I was talking about MGS lol =D

My Otacon tat wasn't simplified at all and it came fucking perfect. I'm amazed how well he did, it's like printed with a machine =D

I know I remember seeing your sleeve.  Your tattooist must have been really good with the style.  Most tattooist I know wouldn't do Shinkawa's work or similar (like Amano's style) because they are tattoos that generally won't age well unless done really huge.  Some of Shinkawa's work may be doable in smaller areas without simplifying though but it would have to be the less detailed pieces, all of the stuff Waffles has shown besides the first few pictures are really detailed.

I have a similar kind of tattoo on my lower back, while its not that style of art, there's this bit in the center with a lot of lines that are nearly touching the other, it doesn't seem like it aged a day.. but on the other hand I have seen similar tattoos like mines on others which didn't age as well as mines did (pretty much somewhere during the healing of them, the lines started to touch each other so they lost detail).  I think a lot of the time it depends how well your skin takes to the ink, some people have better skin for it than others would.

I know I remember seeing your sleeve.  Your tattooist must have been really good with the style.  Most tattooist I know wouldn't do Shinkawa's work or similar (like Amano's style) because they are tattoos that generally won't age well unless done really huge.  Some of Shinkawa's work may be doable in smaller areas without simplifying though but it would have to be the less detailed pieces, all of the stuff Waffles has shown besides the first few pictures are really detailed.

I have a similar kind of tattoo on my lower back, while its not that style of art, there's this bit in the center with a lot of lines that are nearly touching the other, it doesn't seem like it aged a day.. but on the other hand I have seen similar tattoos like mines on others which didn't age as well as mines did (pretty much somewhere during the healing of them, the lines started to touch each other so they lost detail).  I think a lot of the time it depends how well your skin takes to the ink, some people have better skin for it than others would.

All my tattoos have healed well except for one. It was my first bigger tattoo and I think it got infected or something and all kind of gross stuff started to grow on it xD Eventually it healed, but it took a few mounths! I'm happy that the tattoo turned out fine. It could of easilly ruined my arm in worstcase scenario!

All my tattoos have healed well except for one. It was my first bigger tattoo and I think it got infected or something and all kind of gross stuff started to grow on it xD Eventually it healed, but it took a few mounths! I'm happy that the tattoo turned out fine. It could of easilly ruined my arm in worstcase scenario!

Eeek :o Similar thing happened to my arm actually.  But it wasn't an infection, but when I was healing the linework, some of the lines were raised and still were after 2 weeks (normally I am healed within 2 weeks), they were tender and everything, then I also noticed a red rash, so I shown the tattooist this and I already had a good idea what it may have been as it wasn't so bad that I thought it was an infection but an allergic reaction to the ointment I was using on the tattoo.. I would have been using more of this ointment than I ever had before as I got the outline of my sleeve done in 1 session.  So they told me to just stop using the ointment and see how it heals by itself.  It calmed down in about a week. 

I use a different ointment now when it comes to healing my tattoos and have had no problems since.  Luckily enough even know I had an allergic reaction, the lines etc of my sleeve stayed in tact.  There was very little repairing that the tattooist had to do but that did complicate things in one of the sessions since it meant he had to avoid that area for that day.

But yours did sound like an infection when you mention about gross stuff started to grow on it, sounds like you are lucky it mostly survived.  I have seen what some of those tattoos look like how they are healed and they look terrible, lots of missing ink etc.  And yes, you're definitely right, I have heard people losing limbs over tattoo infections.. we're gonna start scaring people reading now.  xD Best stop.. lol

• Like 1

This is my very first one that I got on this Wednesday past, it's the Devil Gene symbol from the Tekken series in the same place that Jin has it, on my left arm. I got it because the Tekken series is what got me into Playstation in the first place and is one of not only my favourite game series of all time, but also one of the ones that I have been playing the longest and into the future with Tekken 7. It also holds some personal meanings to me as well.

704650_10156555787840459_787720361432717

post-35784-0-74961100-1457901408_thumb.jpg

Edited by SirDave1988
  • Like 3