Pirates of the Caribbean Level Pack is about to be removed!

paczek321

On 12/11/2018 at 11:09 AM, jonesey46 said:

Hey guys, I just purchased the code on BestBuy and I'm in the UK. If anybody is still struggling with this I can post how I did it to help.

My next question is, how do I go about playing this? I've read that because the code is a US code I wont be able to use it with my UK version of the game, is this correct? If so, whats my best course here, do I redeem the code on my UK account or do I make a US PSN account and redeem it there? 

Any help is appreciated, it was a pain getting the code so I don't want to waste it and not be able to get the trophies.

You need to make a US account and buy the full game. You can only redeem the code on US account. I have the Game of the year edition which i bought from UK and I have another which i bought from the US psn digital.

On 16/12/2018 at 9:47 AM, Erniak said:

You need to make a US account and buy the full game. You can only redeem the code on US account. I have the Game of the year edition which i bought from UK and I have another which i bought from the US psn digital.

I thought as much. $20 fricking dollars for a few stupid trophies ?

• 8 months later...

On 11/12/2018 at 10:09 AM, jonesey46 said:

Hey guys, I just purchased the code on BestBuy and I'm in the UK. If anybody is still struggling with this I can post how I did it to help.

Can you please explain how you did it, i am in the same situation. I am in EU and would like to buy LittleBigPlane - Pirates of the Caribbean Level Kit.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello i purchased the code via gamestop and downloaded it but once i try to play i don't see the pirates of the caribben lvls do they are mixed with metal gear solid lvl or are they in their own? by the way my account is from canada but the code worked very well with my account and i unlocked 2 trophies of that dlc trophy set but as i described above i don't see the lvls in game to play them.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-04-20 at 2:46 AM, Ferruccio5 said:
On 2019-10-19 at 8:33 PM, Zaros-QC said:

I can give you mine if you want

Hi syxys check my post for info on how to buy the DLC from the USA GameStop website from your country

Sure if you want to private message it I would love to be able to complete my 100 percent on one of my first platinums I earned,.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2019 at 1:45 AM, Zaros-QC said:

You can purchase it vis gamestop all you need is a us address and the code works very well with canadian accounts

EDIT: So I tried doing this through the Best Buy link that was provided and it does in fact work.

I live in Canada so I had to do some things beforehand. The first was making a new account on my PS3 with a US address. I simply used a hotel's address. Then I made an account on Best Buy.com and purchased the DLC pack. During the checkout there is an option for international customers to enter a provided billing address out of Houston, Texas. I did all that and the purchase went through and was emailed the code. I downloaded the code through my new account and installed it with my current game file then switched to my normal account. Just playing around with it I've already earned 2 trophies from the Pirates DLC pack.

Edited by JRL_1004
New information.

5 hours ago, JRL_1004 said:

EDIT: So I tried doing this through the Best Buy link that was provided and it does in fact work.

I live in Canada so I had to do some things beforehand. The first was making a new account on my PS3 with a US address. I simply used a hotel's address. Then I made an account on Best Buy.com and purchased the DLC pack. During the checkout there is an option for international customers to enter a provided billing address out of Houston, Texas. I did all that and the purchase went through and was emailed the code. I downloaded the code through my new account and installed it with my current game file then switched to my normal account. Just playing around with it I've already earned 2 trophies from the Pirates DLC pack.

I thought you can redeem US codes on Canadian account. In 2013 I traded a Canadian PSABR Zeus and Isaac Clarke code for a USA DOA5 costume code, and we were both able redeem them on our main account. I always presumed that the restriction was on currency codes in NA region.

On 9/11/2019 at 9:04 AM, JRL_1004 said:

You're probably right about that but I just did it to be on the safe side just in case.

Its weird cuz i live in canada too and i did it using my normal account and the code worked very well the only difference i found was the pirates of the caribbean worlds were moved to my littlebigplanet store and not in the section they should have been.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, I just want to say thank you for all the helpful information in this topic. I'm proud to say that I finally completed Littlebigplanet to 100% after a staggering 11 years and two months.

I am a UK gamer so I had to create a dummy US account on my PS3 to download the POTC dlc and a US version of the game. I had a few difficulties to overcome to carry this out. Buying the dlc from Bestbuy was pretty easy; registering my credit card or Paypal on the US PSN store was the hard part for me. I ended up using ebay in the UK to buy PSN voucher codes in dollars which can be redeemed on the store to buy the game.

For anyone else doing this method, remember that the PSN store might not display the full price of the game including taxes. So while the game is advertised at $19.99, the price including taxes is around $21.74 or something like that, meaning a $20 PSN gift card is not sufficient: I learned this the hard way.

The trophies themselves are not that hard really. There are only two levels that have multiplayer levels, and both of them can be done yourself with two controllers. Even the 4-player section can be done solo with 2 controllers - there are videos showing how to do this. It's not tricky at all. Collecting all the other prize bubbles can be done in an hour or two if you are following the video guides.

Acing The Kraken level can be a pain. One great tip is to disable the pirate ships by destroying their cannons, but keeping them otherwise alive. They can't hurt you at this point so you can just wait for them to leave you alone.

The hardest trophy for me was getting 7000 points on the diving challenge, which is similar in difficulty to the VR mission in the MGS dlc. If you are having difficulty with this, try turning up the colour setting on your TV to be better able to see the bubbles and spiky obstacles, and try to stay alive as long as possible, grabbing air bubbles regularly and not taking many risks. Remember that there is a score penalty for dying, so don't suicide as soon as you reach 7000 points, keep going for longer.

So once again, thanks everyone, and good luck to anyone who still needs to complete this dlc.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I had i quick question about the LittleBigPlanet: game of the year edition is the metal gear solide content on the disc or is it a code in the box? Was woundering because i want to buy a used version of the game and do both the DLC's, bought the other one on BestBuy.

7 minutes ago, pikaopas said:

Hi

I had i quick question about the LittleBigPlanet: game of the year edition is the metal gear solid content on the disc or is it a code in the box? Was woundering because i want to buy a used version of the game and do both the DLC's, bought the other one on BestBuy.

It's on the disc :).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, pikaopas said:

Hi

I had i quick question about the LittleBigPlanet: game of the year edition is the metal gear solide content on the disc or is it a code in the box? Was woundering because i want to buy a used version of the game and do both the DLC's, bought the other one on BestBuy.

It comes downloaded on Disc. I bought the disc version years ago and just fired it up recently and the Metal Gear Solid DLC was there. 

• Like 1