(Edit) My Steelport to shut down on January 31st, 2018 - Platinum actually still obtainable

Cyber-Coyote1

6 minutes ago, Kapika96 said:

Good to hear it's still unlockable. Got the game installed on PS3 already, just haven't got round to it yet.

Because they don't seem to understand how trophy unlocking on their own game works.

Edited by Martain2

12 hours ago, Vincent Brooks said:

Can confirm, this trophy popped for me when I hit Character Upload.  It did say the upload was successful.  Maybe I just got it in time?  But a connection to the server isn't required as someone already proven, so I'd say these plats are probably still obtainable.  Did this in Saints Row III just now.

And the SR IV?

• 7 months later...

Does different gaming version affect the trophy to unlock or not ?
I had the double pack which including 3 and 4 full package , couldn't unlock this trophy.
It kept giving a message about " the server is not available this time , please try again later " , seems it couldn't unlock anymore because the server shut down .
However , I check PSN  Profiles website , there is still several players unlock this trophy recently .
One of the player respond that he had the greatest gaming version and the trophy just pop up after he uploading the character.
So what should I do if I would like to unlock the trophy now ? Have another gaming disc ? 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, GameFancier said:

Does different gaming version affect the trophy to unlock or not ?
I had the double pack which including 3 and 4 full package , couldn't unlock this trophy.
It kept giving a message about " the server is not available this time , please try again later " , seems it couldn't unlock anymore because the server shut down .
However , I check PSN  Profiles website , there is still several players unlock this trophy recently .
One of the player respond that he had the greatest gaming version and the trophy just pop up after he uploading the character.
So what should I do if I would like to unlock the trophy now ? Have another gaming disc ? 

Someone whoever unlock the trophy recently and see this message , please do me a favour , try to unlock it again by your alt account just for a test .

If the trophy unlock , that mean it still work , just the full package couldn't do this trophy .

If it doesn't , that might system problem , maybe someone fix the upload bug to avoid the trophy can't pop up anymore ... =_=

@GameFancier I'm having exactly the same issue here. I also have the full package version.

Searched through the web about this problem and the only thing I came too is that servers needs the 1.04 patch which is not available at least on the full package.

Chances are that the greatest hits version comes already updated so I've ordered another disk. It'll come in two or three weeks and when I'll get it I'll let you know.

• Like 1

@GameFancier @WassupDawg88 @NaughtyNoddy

I had the same problem with a trophy in SRIV. I'm not sure if that was the easiest way, but I ended up running my own DNS server and creating a record for sr3.hydra.agoragames.com (a domain which the game tries to reach) with an accessible IP address (any IP will work; I used 8.8.8.8). The game checks that the server is up and lets you into the "Character Gallery" menu and to upload a character.

This method should work with SRIII as well, I guess. I might write a more detailed guide if needed.

I really wonder how people are still getting those online trophies in both games. There are too many of them to assume that all are cheaters (or I'm underestimating their numbers), but I couldn't find any solution to the problem, so I had to come with a new one. Servers weren't taken down right on January 31st (a proof) which means that reports back from February about trophies being easily unlockable are unreliable.

Edited by Dante_MS
  • Like 3

On 2018/10/3 at 2:47 AM, WassupDawg88 said:

@GameFancier I'm having exactly the same issue here. I also have the full package version.

Searched through the web about this problem and the only thing I came too is that servers needs the 1.04 patch which is not available at least on the full package.

Chances are that the greatest hits version comes already updated so I've ordered another disk. It'll come in two or three weeks and when I'll get it I'll let you know.

I just had an original NA version gaming disk recently and I have to say : It doesn't work ... (ㄒ_ㄒ)

Seems the different gaming version doesn't affect the trophy pop up , so just save your money .

3 hours ago, Dante_MS said:

@GameFancier @WassupDawg88 @NaughtyNoddy

I had the same problem with a trophy in SRIV. I'm not sure if that was the easiest way, but I ended up running my own DNS server and creating a record for sr3.hydra.agoragames.com (a domain which the game tries to reach) with an accessible IP address (any IP will work; I used 8.8.8.8). The game checks that the server is up and lets you into the "Character Gallery" menu and to upload a character.

This method should work with SRIII as well, I guess. I might write a more detailed guide if needed.

I really wonder how people are still getting those online trophies in both games. There are too many of them to assume that all are cheaters (or I'm underestimating their numbers), but I couldn't find any solution to the problem, so I had to come with a new one. Servers weren't taken down right on January 31st (a proof) which means that reports back from February about trophies being easily unlockable are unreliable.

Do you think is that possible that someone had created a private server for saint row 3 and 4 ?

If that so , maybe they obtained the trophy by connecting the private server , just don't know is that really exist or not .

I remember about a year ago when I was writing the trophy guide, the servers were already shut down for character uploads. The trophy popped after I got the error message when I tried to upload. It was on a Day 1 disc.

After reading this topic and trying again today on a dummy PSN account, it seems the entire server may be shut down as the options that were available (none worked) last year aren't available now. Perhaps I'll have to edit the guide stating the platinum is now unattainable (hopefully not true). I'll wait a few days to see if this situation is only temporary as in a screw up, or is indeed permanent. It seems the last time the trophy was earned was October 1, so my guess is they probably pulled the plug the next day.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GameFancier said:

Do you think is that possible that someone had created a private server for saint row 3 and 4 ?

If that so , maybe they obtained the trophy by connecting the private server , just don't know is that really exist or not .

That's highly unlikely. No one posted anything about that or about any other solution. I'd assume that most of them are cheaters, but their profiles don't look suspicious to me. Maybe there is really a difference in versions/patches. Whatever, at least there is one working solution.

2 hours ago, Caldor2K2 said:

Perhaps I'll have to edit the guide stating the platinum is now unattainable (hopefully not true).

Let me test the solution with SRIII. I'm sure it will work.

Edited by Dante_MS
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

Does the same problem extend to the German version as well? I have the German version and won't be able to Platinum it now. 

I will try it out in a couple of hours. I am curious about this as well, will update if it does/doesnt work.

As someone who owns the Full Package (Germany; disc) I can confirm that the trophy for creating and uploading a character did pop fine for me after displaying that known error message. I tested it on my alt account and eventually unlocked it on my main on 26th Aug 2018.

But I will give it another try on a different alt account when I am back home.

PS. But it indeed seems strange that the last person unlocking this trophy (German version) did it over 5 weeks ago!

Edited by Bobble_DD

I created an alternate account on PS3 and the trophy DID NOT pop. I havent tried to upload in a shop yet - just used the first opportunity after the intro.

After my fears started rising it might also effect Saints Row IV, I played the first 10 mins and no trophy at all....DAMNIT! I Was so damn happy to got the century version at gamestop for 5 euros :/

Edited by Bobble_DD