The Last Movie You Saw?

Mio

Just saw Panic Room for the first time last night and thought it was tremendous. Always heard good things but never really sat down to watch it. Also saw the first Austin Powers again last night which has always been one of my favorites.  The scene in which Mike Myers is driving in that package-carrying car in the hallway and can't get out has never once failed to make my laugh ever since i was a kid.

kinopoisk.ru-Little-Women-3428386.jpg

Well-adapted story. Masterful use of nonlinear narrative. Talented actresses. Good jokes and touching sad moments.

Like Gerwig's debut work - Lady Bird, this movie is filled with so many thoughts and details you almost feel like you've experienced everything with these characters. Like you were a part of their lives. Greta Gerwig deserved a nomination for an academy award for directing this film. Though I'm happy she got some other nominations. 

• Like 1

Image result for joker

Probably been said a hundred times on here, but I just watched Joker the other night for the 3rd time and still think it's a landmark accomplishment. I still stand by that not only should Phoenix win the oscar, but should be studied by acting students in the future. I tend to just go to the movies to have fun and zone out but Joker was the first movie in years to completely engross me in its execution. The only other movie I saw within the last year that blew me away was Endgame, but comparing the two in nonsensical.

Edited by ChunkyKong64

kinopoisk.ru-Birds-of-Prey_3A-And-the-Fa

Wasn't bad, actually. 6.8/10 for me. The third act was kinda weak, but the movie was definitely more fun to watch than Suicide Squad. They took some inspiration from the first Deadpool, wrote some funny jokes, made most action scenes look good, and it's also R-rated. Don't expect a mind-blowing script. Watch it if you want some dumb fun.

• Like 1