The Platinum trophy that you just couldn't get

jmh4manu

For a long time, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim was this for me. For years, the trophy you get for obtaining all the Deadric artifacts kept glitching on me and no matter what I did it would never show. Repeated play-throughs met the same result. I ended up make a save file (and a new character) for this sole purpose and eventually it worked, but it took a while.

I was so relieved I went on a killing spree to feed the Ebony Blade with every city. Ha-ha!

Guitar Hero Van Halen: 2 trophies

-Complete the career on Expert+ drums.

-Five star all Van Halen songs on expert drums.

I'm not good at drums.

Killzone 2: I absolutely can't stand this games controls and even after a full campaign playthrough I couldn't get adjusted to them.

Hotline Miami - 91%

I can't get 'Get A Life' and I loved the game and spent a lot of time on it, just no matter how hard I try I can't get A+ on a few chapters. And most people say it's easy...

I remember thinking I'd never get that either, but there's a glitch out there for throwing knives IIRC...

For me, it's the following:

Vanquish - Challenge 6

Assassins Creed Brotherhood - AEotM

Red Dead Redemption - Not grinding the online stuff

Batman Arkham Orgins - Online again

Sly 3 on Vita - Can't get all challenges completed

Madden NFL 13 on Vita - have to return an interception 100 yards (might do this someday)

Dead Space 2 - Hardcore mode complete (wish I had the time/patience to do it)

• 2 weeks later...

Madden nfl 10- this one is not as close as others but still very agitating got all the insane trophies including getting the ball after a fumble on ends zone...only to find out that the online trophies cannot be obtained because EA shut down servers Damnnn you EA

Currently working on resident evil remake but fustration is high ...beat the game about 6 times.ok beat the game under 3 hours? Fine... Best the whole thing on normal without dying? Doable but this CQC FTW trophy is a pain in the ass it's a special kind of torture like no other ...you need me to beat the crimson head with a knife fine but plant 42? That's crossing the line -___-

Edited by TONY-7581

Modern Warfare 2 mainly because of the Pit Boss trophy.

Drove me to insanity to the point where i gave up on the rest!!!

Everyone else seems to have it, what am i doing wrong??

Edit: Someone just liked this so thought I would put I have done it now!! Determination!

mw2 is easy

At this rate it's gonna be Persona 4 Golden -  I'm such a coward and can't get the strength to get that Hardcore Risette Fan. xD

But I also have two games that I am not even close to the platinum and don't feel like ever playing again - Jak 2 and Sly 3. The former because one mission is just too hard(having to race from the tavern to the arena in under 3 minutes) and the latter because China is kicking my @$$(that one RC car mission where you have to save Bentley from being blown to hippo gibblets, I kept failing it). I don't feel the desire to purchase or rent those games again. :(

Just cause 2..

My friend played on my account when he came over and I relied on autosave for so long, therefore as soon as he started new game , the game formatted my autosave losing all progess. Was so close for the completing and now I'm no mood to restart.

Gta4... Damn pigeons and online trophies.

Gta5 online trophies..

Red dead redemption online trophies.......

Dead island, too boring

Skyrim, I messed up the daedric artifacts now I have to restart my 82 hrs game time(80 hrs is A LOT for me considering I dont have much time)

Last of us.. Nope..

UFC 2010 , fifa11 servers are shut..

BioShock 1 ... Survivor difficulty made me cry. Oh and collectibles are my weakness in a game to plat. I just hate doing it. No skill involved on hours wasted

That's all for me!

Oh my goodness, where do I start?

•Guitar Hero Metallica- the game I played before I cared about trophies (I didn't even play the tutorial for the trophy!). I don't want to rebuy the instruments so I'll probably never plat this.

•Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe- combo challenges. Need I say more?

•Mortal Kombat- Tower, hidden Jade fight, basically I'm awful at fighting games.

•Rock Band 2- drum challenges.

•Rock Band 3- I wasn't going to buy this, but I really wanted to play Rehab by Amy Winehouse xD I will NEVER get this plat because I don't want to spend the money on that pro guitar. I think that was a totally bs move to make someone pay $250 (at the time of release) for an upgraded plastic toy. Hell if someone bought all the instruments along with it they could've actually bought a REAL guitar.

•Green Day Rock Band- my favorite band. I loved this game but dear lord the drum challenges x.x'

•Batman Arkham Asylum- combat challenges. I'm not against trying this game again and I probably will. Thank god I kept my save file.

•Batman Arkham City- Same as above. I'm glad I kept this save file as well.

•Max Payne 3- New York Minute H/C. I WILL go back to this.

•Heroes Over Europe- Ace difficulty is a nightmare. I could go back to it since I've done the online stuff but I'm not sure.

•Adventure Time Explore the Dungeon Because IDK- The Nightosphere...the bane of my very existence. I made it to floor 48 and it froze x____x I've not given up on this because I LOVE Adventure Time and the game is fun and would be better if it weren't for the freezing. For now I'm just taking a looooong break (the freezing incident happened in August '15...see how long my break is xD)

•Medal of Honor Frontline- I haven't given up on this either. Hard difficulty is truly hard. I'm at the first mission in Rolling Thunder so I'm not too far off. My only fear is I've read that the trophy won't pop unless you started hard from a new game as opposed to changing the difficulty in the menu, and I can't remember what I did. Oh well, I guess I'll find out when I beat Hard mode, right?

Edited by ShayShay1993