Let the Hunt Begin! Trophy Thoughts

dark69knight

The platinum name feels prestigious and the trophy list looks like very grindy but probably be very rewarding. The last MH game I played was Monster Hunter Tri on the Wii and immensely enjoyed that one with the bow as my choice of weapon. Estimating a 500+ hour and up to a thousand hour platinum taking the RNG factors. 

Edited by fantrig99

Those gold crown on every monster trophies are gonna be a paaaaaaaaain. They're without a doubt going to be the hardest part of the plat considering I put like 600 hours into 4 Ultimate and only got like, 10% of all monsters gold crowned. :x

Edited by IronticsDragonL
  • Like 2

As someone who hasn't played a Monster Hunter game before, what exactly is the crown stuff? To me it sounds like it wants you to hunt every monster in the game. Or is getting a crown done through a special enemy?

6 minutes ago, Redgrave said:

As someone who hasn't played a Monster Hunter game before, what exactly is the crown stuff? To me it sounds like it wants you to hunt every monster in the game. Or is getting a crown done through a special enemy?

It's just RNG on whether you get a really big or really small monster. You'll get them eventually just by hunting. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

It's just RNG on whether you get a really big or really small monster. You'll get them eventually just by hunting. 

Okay, so if I understand this right, the miniature crown is the smallest variant of the enemy and the giant crown is the largest variant? Would a crown appear on the health bar? I'm just trying to get a feel for how long the Platinum would take since I've never really played something like Monster Hunter. The closest was God Eater, but I assume Monster Hunter is much larger than God Eater.

You know whether you got a crown when the quest finishes, you get a notification with all the other popups. You can also see your crowns in the bestiary and on your guild card. It's just random killing monsters till you get them. I got some big crowns so far without grinding for them. So worry about this stuff later ;)

• Like 1

This is definitely a platinum that will take a while unless you have massive amounts of free time on your hands. 

I'm like over 40 hours in and expect another 200 or more. I'm in no rush tho, I can see myself playing this after platinum and working on new weapons/characters. 

One of those games you chip away at or binge depending how you feel.