New Sims City is officially the worst rated game on Amazon.

Beyondthegrave07

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse for EA, it did. The new SimsCity game is official the worst, the absolute worst item on Amazon....EVER! I didn't buy this game but I had a friend who bought it who was extremely disappointed. EA has also announced that they will be offering free copies of Dead Space 3, Mass Effect 3, Plants vs Zombies, and other EA games to anyone who purchased this game. What are your thoughts about Simcity and/or EA? Is EA doomed to fail with the low-selling DS3 and now the SimCity monstrocity?

Well i heard the game sucks because the servers are crap i don't think the game is bad even though i have never been into those types of games but they are forcing you to stay online all of the time to play a game that doesn't require such feature other devs should learn from Sim City to not repeat the same disaster like EA did

While Sim City is supposed to be bad, I think the low scores have a lot more to do with certain websites than the actual game.

Websites like reddit and 4chan (aka the pariah of the Internet) make it their goal to shit on anything Sony/EA/Apple and to praise anything Nintendo/Valve/Samsung. So it is why I tend to ignore user generate scores because they are hardly trustful.

• Like 2

Let me start off by saying the game isn't what got rated so low. It was the always online DRM crap. I liked the game, but I can totally understand the instant DRM turn off. Imagine being given a pretty attractive lady, who was hyped up to be the hottest girl in the room, and you only get to have her for 20 minutes at a time, if she isn't busy with a bunch of other things.

That being said EA claimed there was no quick fix to make the game offline. However, I believe some great feller on the internet found an easy quick fix in the code. I believe deleting a single two lines made the game completely playable offline.

To me, this sounds a little shady on EA's part, but knowing their previous business history, it doesn't sound out of the ordinary. 

Source:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=525129

It's so bad that it got the head of EA to resign.

In an internal memo to EA staff, Riccitiello stated:

My decision to leave EA is really all about my accountability for the shortcomings in our financial results this year. It currently looks like we will come in at the low end of, or slightly below, the financial guidance we issued to the Street, and we have fallen short of the internal operating plan we set one year ago. And for that, I am 100 percent accountable.

Looks like someone at EA is finally owning up to the shit that they've done.

It's so bad that it got the head of EA to resign.

Looks like someone at EA is finally owning up to the shit that they've done.

Nice of the man to actually own up to his mistakes, I certainly respect him for that. I just don't understand how he thought any of the ideas EA brought into play this year were ever a good idea.

Parker

Problem with fan reviews is that it's the fans itself. Let me put this in quotes to prove my point 

While Sim City is supposed to be bad, I think the low scores have a lot more to do with certain websites than the actual game.

Websites like reddit and 4chan (aka the pariah of the Internet) make it their goal to shit on anything Sony/EA/Apple and to praise anything Nintendo/Valve/Samsung. So it is why I tend to ignore user generate scores because they are hardly trustful.

SimCity might be bad and such in the short run maybe good in the long run. These same websites and fans don't pressed the attack on Diablo 3 for it's DRM, Steam for it's DRM yes folks Steam does have DRM even if it's not like SimCity and Diablo 3 style and other games that requires you to connect to the internet. The Witcher 2 retail had DRM for the first month or so before it got patched out. Still don't believe the sites and review sites that changes their score *COUGH Polygon COUGH* to please their fans. These same fans attack companies that shouldn't be attacked and other companies that should be the worst of the year *COUGH Carnival Cruise Lines COUGH".

If your a fan of SimCity than yeah but again my advice is I'd wait for further development and/or a price drop before buying it.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't have a hard fast rule against buying a game published by EA (Mirror's Edge is still one of my favorite PS3 games of all time) but a game being published or developed by EA is a red flag for me and reason enough to wait several months after release before I even consider buying it.

*shrugs* Bought the game at midnight of release; played it a bit the morning of (before work). Really liked whatever of it I did play, and honestly saw little I didn't. I still don't see what the big problem with it is, outside of the initial server issues.

Having server issues with Defiance right now, but you don't see me grading it as a horrible game. =/

I can understand why people aren't happy and guess what, when EA decide to close the servers, you will not be able to use the game ... That is a problem for me, as this is the only kind of game I can go back to 5 or 10 years later and enjoy (same goes for all of this kind of games)