Backlog Anonymous - The event to end all backloggery (Year 1)

I just bought Wandersong as well as Super Mario Party, so I'm back at zero for games allowed to buy. No biggie, I'm guessing I'll be back at one allowed to buy before next week is over. Which is just as well, as I'm probably buying ASTRO BOT Rescue Mission for PSVR too.

Just wanted to plug Wandersong here, as it seems so unique:

@ExHaseo going on howlongtobeat times would seem like a good idea, except small indie games and vert new games are often not on there with reliable times.

12 hours ago, gladiatorrrrrrr said:

Hmpf....the PlayStation plus games for October are not that great (lucky for my backlog!) but I will add 'The Bridge' for certain to my list. Wanted to buy/play that in the future anyway. So formally I didn't buy anything yet....these games kind of sneak into your list  1f60a.png. I am unsure about Rocketbirds 2: Evolution and 2064: Read Only Memories. Would play them both on the PSVIta.

So I added 1 one game to my PSVita list....

I'm adding The Bridge, Rocketbirds 2 and 2064 ROM to my backlog. I've bought The Bridge on both X360 and Switch, and definitely don't mind getting it on PS4 too. I probably won't like 2064 ROM on the big television screen as it has bit graphics, so I'm using the PS+ version to check out if I want to buy the Switch version (which is like a "definitive" version of sorts, with more polish and additional side quest stuff).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Asvinia said:

I think I'm halfway through the Curse of the Pharaohs DLC for AC: Origins and I seem to have died more in this DLC by accidentally setting myself on fire, than I did through the whole main game and Hidden Ones DLC. Already looking at what I can play next..

Setting yourself on fire.....that is funny ?

Finished my 3rd game

Color Guardians

First trophy: 24 September

Last trophy : 29 September :platinum:

Nice Indie Platformer. Some difficult trophies like :gold: You Shall Not Pass, defeat the end boss level without dying. SO no reloading of the checkpoint. Nevertheless fun game an doable Platinum

Got now enough points to buy a new one but keep those points in store for now

• Like 3

I am still here, though the online for Tomb Raider is making me lurk more than contribute. I got all the story trophies done and completed, just need to get 25 more levels and I will have this nice shiny new platinum. But I might switch gears and jump over to the online for AC 4 so I can get that going again. 

Fun story about AC4, I played it on my old PS3 and was working towards 'All Rounder'. Was level 20(?) had played on every map and just needed to get to the highest level and unlock every weapon/skill. Friend wanted to buy my PS3 and I was going to get a new one anyways with more save space. Thought I had saved everything that was on my Fat PS3.

Loaded up AC4 again...restarted from level 1. Been having a love/hate relationship with this MP for a while now. I can't tell what game modes I have played and which ones I haven't. 

• Like 4

I finished Reverie last night (platinum) and I am almost done with Crash Bandicoot: Warped. I just plan to get 99 lives.

I think I will download Jet set radio on the PS3 next since I really just want to try it for fun. Shouldn't take long to be done with it. I'm also debating whether I want to give up on Spelunky. The game is just so terrible! Lol.

• Like 1

Finished the story!

L44c87e.png

As said, I got Velocity 2X when it released on PS4, as it immediately was on PS+. I enjoyed it so much I bought the two following DLCs at full price (not that they're that expensive), and I'm glad I could now show support by buying the game on the Switch. For those who don't know yet, thanks to the game being on PS+ right away and thanks to the Steam release having problems with an unexpected engine update or something that threw off the rating scale, even though Velocity 2X has been well received, not all that many people have actually bought it, which is why the devs have had problems finding funding for a potential third game. Futurlab has publicly stated that the possibility of a third game now depends on Velocity 2X doing well on the Switch. So, you know, if you've enjoyed this game, and eventually see a third game being released, be sure to thank us Switch owners for buying 2X :)

That being said, I enjoyed 2X all over on the Switch. It's a very cool game with a surprising amount of variation. It's saying something about Velocity 2X and Wandersong, that I'm spending time on those instead of on Valkyria Chronicles 4.

Also, Velocity 2X marks another set of three points for me, so I'm allowed to buy one more game. This will probably end up being ASTRO BOT Rescue Mission for PSVR.

• Like 2

Finished Call of Duty Infinite Warfare's campaign.  Play through it on veteran and got all the campaign related trophies.  Since I'm only missing the Zombies trophies I might try and get the platinum, just need to get a group to help with the easter egg and I'm probably good.

Also slowly working my way through Chaos;Child on Vita. Playing it for 2-3 hours every night. Pretty fun and interesting story so far. Excited to see where it goes!

• Like 2

Finished the main levels!

L4e9b2e.png

Mirrored levels and whisps to go. Love that this is on PS+, I bought it back on release for X360 right away and wrote several guides for it on an Xbox site. Bought it on a good sale on the Switch. I don't mind at all that I get to play through it now on PS4 too.

Done the main worlds, but the 100% will have to wait until after Assassin's Creed Odyssey, Starlink, Hitman 2 and Valkyria Chronicles 4.

In other news, I started on Assassin's Creed Odyssey. Also, I'm pretty sure I won't get Red Dead Redemption II right away.

• Like 4

Got all of the Umbran Tears of Blood, got all of the collectibles, and unlocked all of the characters/weapons in Bayonetta 2. So, I'm calling it completed.

What a nightmare that was. I forgot how terrible guides are for games without trophies. The collectible guides for the moon pearls and witch hearts were especially bad. They were worded terribly and didn't make any sense at all for a few of the harder to get ones. Which of course were the only ones I missed.

Other than that, getting 100% was overall pretty fun. My only real beef with the game is that Bayonetta is the only character with both the new moveset, and can use all of the weapons. Rosa can only use the guns. Jeanne can only use the Bayonetta 1 moveset. Jeanne's was especially annoying. Because in addition to Jeanne being way cooler looking (to me), she's also stronger than Bayonetta. She has stronger wicked weaves, but it's harder to activate witch time. I tend to use counter anyway, so witch time isn't a huge deal, because counter always knocks them back, if not does a counter attack and activates witch time anyway. So, that was kind of a bummer having to use Bayonetta instead of being able to use Jeanne.

That and it would have been way cooler if when playing as Jeanne, Bayonetta was in Jeanne's place. Instead of there being two of Jeanne. It would have also been nice to play as all of the secret characters in story mode, instead of having 2 of them limited to tag climax. Still fun though and honestly these are small issues. I absolutely loved that they added a quick cutscene skip though. After you've beaten the game once, just press ZR and Minus, and it skips the cutscene. I wish every game would do something like that. Especially those that expect you to play through multiple times.

Anyway, that brings me back up to 3 points, and I finally got rid of those two partial points that have been bugging me since I restructured my backlog and carried them over from trophy hunter mode. I'll be able to get The World Ends With You this Friday now, which I'm pretty excited for. In the meantime, I think I'm going to play through Bayonetta 1.

• Like 3

L271fe3.png

Finished the 'story' in Koi. Cute is the only good thing about it. Easy and short could also count I guess. The music is awful, the same 4 -8 notes repeated ad nauseam. Otherwise, an interesting little simple puzzle game that tells a very simple little story. You are a fish and your job is to find other coloured fish and lead them to the matching coloured flowers and press :circle:. There's a a fair amount of flashing lights towards the end, so avoid this if you're epileptic or have sensitivity to flashing white lights. Or just don't want a headache.

It was okay but not something I'd want to play again.

Edited by Asvinia
  • Like 2

Finished the story!

Lae747b.png

Finished what is about the fifth playthrough of L.A Noire for me, and the first time I've done a playthrough on Switch.

The game is definitely starting to show its age, but I still like it. Due to its episodic nature, the game was a blast to play one mission at a time on the go. 

I'm twenty hours into Assassin's Creed Odyssey by now, I've played about an hour of Wandersong, I've barely started on Valkyria Chronicles 4 and I'm busy on PilotWings 64.

• Like 3

bayonetta-playstation-3-wii-u-xbox-360_2

Finished up Bayonetta 1. I'm not sure if it was just the Switch version, or if I just wasn't used to them, but the controls seemed a little off compared to Bayonetta 2. They just weren't as tight, and the delay needed between attacks to change combos seemed way too short. I kept accidentally doing the wrong attacks because of it. Witch Time also didn't activate every time it seemed like it was supposed to. Still a great game though. I still like it more than 2. Thanks to it having puzzles, a more involved and fleshed out story, being a bit longer, and just generally being more ridiculous. I mean, at one point you throw around missiles while on the side of a falling building. I'm super excited for 3 again. I'm really hoping it's a balance of the two games. The tight controls and boss fights like 2, combined with the puzzles and more fleshed out story like 1.

Anyway, I'm kind of sad I'm already out of games to play on my Switch, but I'm getting The World Ends With You on Friday, so I'm not going to be getting anything else in the meantime. I decided to just start my series playthrough of Kingdom Hearts. I want to play through all of them again before Kingdom Hearts 3 comes out, so that I'm ready. I've got 7 games to play in about 3 months, so it should be exciting. I've beaten them all multiple times though, so I'm not really too worried about not making it in time. With the exception of 2.8. I'm not getting a new PS4 until January, so I can't play it until then. I'll have just a week or two to play through 3D and 0.2 again. Because I'd rather play the PS4 version than the 3DS version. I just really don't like playing on the 3DS unless I have to. It just doesn't feel right in my hands, and it makes my hands hurt if I play it for more than maybe 30min at a time.

• Like 3

Just finished Asura's Wrath 100%.

Looking at my physical games to decide what to do next simultaneously with the myriad digital games I'm working on, mainly Castlevania Mirror of Fate, Uncharted 2, and Xblaze: Code Embryo.

Edit: Quick question. I understand the point stuff but does that strictly apply to new games? For instance, if I bought X-Men Destiny knowing I need to complete it, does that mean I'm back at 0?

Edited by thanatos_razl
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, gladiatorrrrrrr said:

Finished Forma.8; an Indy Puzzle SF, Interesting title, you are a black ball with eyes and you are separated from your group. You need to find your way on this hostile planet and get some of your abilities back too. I did like the art style and some puzzles took some time to figure out. I hated (as with every game) the timed challenges. So that is 4th done on the VITA list,

I am afraid there is not much movement in my PS4 backlog title list. If I am behind the console I play prof clubs in FIFA19 1f60a.png. With RDR2 coming soon and BFV on the horizon I decided to remove Destiny 2 from my list, there is no way I will ever going start playing it. Shame. This week on a business trip, took my PSVIta with me so hopefully I can finish the next game

Forma.8 is a pretty fun game, doesn't overstay its welcome which is nice.

Over the weekend I ended up sitting down and finishing the grind of Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories. It is a pretty good game, i enjoyed it mostly but the grind required at the end is a nightmare. You have to max out Riku's level but you finish the story with him on the hardest dificulty at like level 40 so thats 59 levels of grinding. I ended up bingeing netflix while doing it.

Next up is still guitar hero and AC2. I got the last hard trophy in GH this weekend (4 songs on expert 100%) which was a drag but now its just more grinding. AC 2 I've been jumping into when I get bored. I'm also really starting to be tempted by a switch, the pokemon bundle looks pretty cool and there is finally starting to be a nice library on the console.

so that puts me at.

Current Stats

New Game Count: 4

Games Finished: 22

Games Bought: 6

Current Backlog: 105

• Like 4

5 hours ago, ExHaseo said:

Anyway, I'm kind of sad I'm already out of games to play on my Switch

Have you played any of these yet?

Golf Story, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, Fast RMX, The Messenger, Agatha Knife, Runner3, West Of Loathing, Bulb Boy, Picross S and Picross S 2, Snipperclips, Captain Toad Treasure Tracker, Super Mario Party.