Crown question

cjl73185

44 minutes ago, fujitora22 said:

Got a Pukei Pukei Mini 937 if Im not wrong in a tempered investigation and got a pukei giant gold in the same quest again 13xx.00 but you could tell right way it was gold,  that Pukei looked like a Rathian, huge. got a screenshot, you cant measure the size of the monster by the numbers, you really need to know the regular size and guess when hes big or mini, Im pretty sure you will know for sure when its a crown, I suggest doing single hunts with 30/50min solo and go after the other monsters that are in the same quest, if it is worth a shot, go for it. Im on 145 hours with 14 Mini and 9 Gold Giant, being 50 hours more or less of crown hunting, if you play it right and not necessary that lucky, i highly doubt you will need more than 200 hours crown hunting.

I dont think you can say that so easy. Last 30 h crown hunting i didnt get a single crown , from single monster investigations up to multi hunts. I even reset if i see only monster with regular size. everything high rank of cause.

24 minutes ago, Xionx said:

I dont think you can say that so easy. Last 30 h crown hunting i didnt get a single crown , from single monster investigations up to multi hunts. I even reset if i see only monster with regular size. everything high rank of cause.

Takes me about 5 to 7 minutes to kill any monster in the game solo and 2 or 3 more minutes to see the other 2, thats a 10 min for 3 monster IF it is worth killing, that leaves you with 18 monsters per hour, maybe less or more, you should be getting one crown after 2 to 3 hours at worst if you are doing this right.

edit: i always join quests that are almost finishing and already got 2 crowns from it too, thats a 2 min quest for it

Edited by fujitora22

6 minutes ago, fujitora22 said:

Takes me about 5 to 7 minutes to kill any monster in the game solo and 2 or 3 more minutes to see the other 2, thats a 10 min for 3 monster IF it is worth killing, that leaves you with 18 monsters per hour, maybe less or more, you should be getting one crown after 2 to 3 hours at worst if you are doing this right.

ok i have killed a great jagras 150 times and still no big crown , so with your math its about 9h pure jagras farming. I dont know why you call luck "doing it right" . I killed 80 pukei pukei and still not a single crown. Nice for you if you get every 2-3 h a crown but i can tell you thats not a math you can do for everyone. Maybe im more unlucky than others , but 23 crowns in 50h farming is more than lucky .

2 hours ago, Xionx said:

ok i have killed a great jagras 150 times and still no big crown , so with your math its about 9h pure jagras farming. I dont know why you call luck "doing it right" . I killed 80 pukei pukei and still not a single crown. Nice for you if you get every 2-3 h a crown but i can tell you thats not a math you can do for everyone. Maybe im more unlucky than others , but 23 crowns in 50h farming is more than lucky .

Theres a few monsters that are real hard to identify their sizes, Jagras is one of them. I had more than 50 kills and no crown and those50 kills were shots of me believing he was crowned, so good luck. I got them from the Japanese quest and pukei pukei im sure you are killing the wrong ones, i did it too. Did more than 50 quests killing Both but once i saw the mini and specially the gold giant i knew it was the crown, would bet my house in it, its easy to distinguish. My point is, dont look for numbers in the size and dont even bother killing something you arent sure it is the biggest/smallest you had ever seen.

4 hours ago, Xionx said:

Just wondering, why are you trying so hard to get crowns on Big J when Capcom has already stated they’d distribute the USJ quest (which gives you both a big and small crown on him guaranteed) worldwide somewhere along the line? In fact i think there’s a good chance that this quest is the reason for what you perceive to be your bad luck since the monsters in that quest are impossibly small/big so that might have an effect on the crown perimeters i dunno.

Source is this http://www.capcom.co.jp/monsterhunter/world/topics/usj/

just run it through Google translate it works well enough.

Just now, Happy said:

Just wondering, why are you trying so hard to get crowns on Big J when Capcom has already stated they’d distribute the USJ quest (which gives you both a big and small crown on him guaranteed) worldwide somewhere along the line? In fact i think there’s a good chance that this quest is the reason for what you perceive to be your bad luck since the monsters in that quest are impossibly small/big so that might have an effect on the crown perimeters i dunno.

Source is this http://www.capcom.co.jp/monsterhunter/world/topics/usj/

just run it through Google translate it works well enough.

Because i farmed it last week and until this point i didnt know it will be worldwide event. At this point it was JP only. Believe me , i stopped farming jagras a while ago , it doesnt change anything because i farmed great girros , pukei pukei a lot and others too , and i still dont get a crown.

55 minutes ago, fujitora22 said:

Just got Nergi giant gold and Dodogama and Rhatalos Lazuli mini using this setup in under 2 hours.

Dodo and Rhatalos in the same quest, insurge collect, 2 silver 1 gold, 3 retrys and 2 ko chance.

Are the quests you doing this on tempered or standard? I tried this method on and off on both types and only got 1 crown in around 6 hours.

6 hours ago, fujitora22 said:

Regular ones, I usually dont go for tempered

I am still putting it down to you getting lucky, I have now done 18 investigations with some of them having 5 attempts at the investigation for 0 return. Check all three monters if one seems small or large kill it. Have a couple of silver crowns and a few small records but not one gold.

Sometimes it works, sometimes not. I mean, its a RNG trophy and theres lucky involved but theres a few ways you can push more for better results. I got 2 dodogama mini and giant in a row on the same quest and after that a friend  told me he just got gold giant Nergigante and a tried a couple times and got it right away, after that i was 3 hours without any, it happens. 

Thought stuff it change of pace and did an SOS tempered Black Diablos hunt, Start of at the first camp, oh look that's the biggest Barroth I have seen. Checks the quest log 50 min but 1 faint only.. hmmm... disconnect the internet and hunt a Barroth. (Sorry three mid HR level Japanese players)
End of hunt well I might as well take a look around a bit, oh that Jyuratodus looks rather large lets go again, Looks at Black Diablos it looked normal so I return to camp.

Ended up with 2 large gold crowns out of this little change of pace. (nothing for 8 hours and then find two in the one SOS tempered mission that were not the target)

Edited by fisty123
  • Like 2

7 star investigation

great hunt

Uragaan, Azure Rathalos, Dodogama

1 bronze, 1 silver, 2 gold

30420z

50 min.

2 players max

3 faints

upsurge: amber deposits

Elder's Recess

Giant Gold Azure Rathalos 2113.23

Tiny Uragaan 1832.18

my first giant gold crown :>

got both for azure rath now

tzUpoZJ.jpg

Got a giant Barroth via an investigation a friend posted today. Interestingly, we did the same investigation again after that and ended up getting an even bigger Barroth for another gold crown. Now this could be pure councidence but it would lead me to assume that every investigation does indeed have its own size parameters. 

If this does turn out to be correct it would make crown hunting via boosting significantly more convenient. When getting a gold crown on a quest one person could then offer to host that quest for another person in exchange for that person hosting a quest they got a gold on themselves. I’ll try to gather more data on this.

Edited by Happy

1 minute ago, Happy said:

Got a giant Barroth via an investigation a friend posted today. Interestingly, we did the same investigation again after that and ended up getting an even bigger Barroth for another gold crown. Now this could be pure councidence but it would lead me to assume that every investigation does indeed have its own size parameters. 

If this does turn out to be correct it would make crown hunting via boosting significantly more convenient. When getting a gold crown on a quest that person could then offer to host that quest for another person in exchange for that person hosting a quest they got a gold on themselves. I’ll try to gather more data on this.

In previous games that was the case.

From another forum:

Every quest has a size range set for the monster that determines the possible sizes the monster can be for that quest. Some quests have smaller than average monsters, some are right in the middle and will never give a crown, some have larger than average monsters, and still others cover the entire spectrum.

Size data has started been put together here, so if you get a new big/small record that's close to the needed sizes it's probably worth retrying the investigation & hoping you get lucky.

5 minutes ago, Jarod1990 said:

What if the size parameters for a quest are decided when you get it? 

2 people could get the exact same quest but have different size parameters?

This is most likely the case. I’m assuming that the size parameters for investigations are also randomly generated just like all other aspects of investigations.