Crown question

cjl73185

1 hour ago, nyonmyan said:

Are these tiny/big monsters different visually? Or the difference is only seen in numbers on result screen?

I have this really silly idea of taking the screenshot, checking the size with paper ruler and abandoning the mission if it's too close to default size.

Not very gamey, but faster than killing 100 elder dragons of each type.

The size does actually change in-game, if you were to fight a max size and a min size monster at the same time you’d notice a clear difference. Pretty hard to tell when you’re actually fighting it though especially since there is no pause function.

Edited by Happy

27 minutes ago, nazareth357 said:

Well after 55 Great Jagras I finally have both Gold crown and the Mini crown. Clocked in at 987.60. I never want to see the lizards again lol.

So my 998 was very very lucky and close to top area of mini XD. Still dont have big gold one . I take break for now. Tried yesterday the rare animals , but both birds didnt show up for over 2h , so i stopped that too for a while.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, nyonmyan said:

All farmed in random investigations?

I had about 13 with only silver crown from story and optional. All of the rest came from HR investigations including both the gold crown and mini crown.

21 minutes ago, Xionx said:

So my 998 was very very lucky and close to top area of mini XD. Still dont have big gold one . I take break for now. Tried yesterday the rare animals , but both birds didnt show up for over 2h , so i stopped that too for a while.

Yeah I assume 999 is the mini crown threshold. I haven't attempted the birds or fish yet, I'll probably try today to take a break from the hunts. Do they only appear in expeditions? I would've figured the apotonoths would've had one by the time I did all those Jagras

Oh yeah as a side note the Great Jagras that I got the mini from was not in his standard "zone" he was in Zone 7? The zone next to where the Pukei nest is in the north near the breakable cave with flashflies in it. I don't know if that's an indicator for it to be a special size or not. Something to look into.

3 minutes ago, nazareth357 said:

I had about 13 with only silver crown from story and optional. All of the rest came from HR investigations including both the gold crown and mini crown.

Yeah I assume 999 is the mini crown threshold. I haven't attempted the birds or fish yet, I'll probably try today to take a break from the hunts. Do they only appear in expeditions? I would've figured the apotonoths would've had one by the time I did all those Jagras

Hm i found the bug on a mission so i think they are not expedition exclusiv. But like i said , i was switching rotten vale and ancient forest for over 2 h and nothing , they are very rare. I got luck on the fish thou , my second visit it was there.

10 minutes ago, Xionx said:

Hm i found the bug on a mission so i think they are not expedition exclusiv. But like i said , i was switching rotten vale and ancient forest for over 2 h and nothing , they are very rare. I got luck on the fish thou , my second visit it was there.

Is it the same place where the 4 golden fish are I may have been looking in the wrong spot, but I think it's the only fishing place available in the Vaal tunnels

1 minute ago, nazareth357 said:

Is it the same place where the 4 golden fish are I may have been looking in the wrong spot, but I think it's the only fishing place available in the Vaal tunnels

Hm i dont know exactly , its were the swine spawns for the rare bird , and were 3 palico wait (if you have done the quest in rotten vales)

14 minutes ago, Xionx said:

I found 2 plesio fishes, 2 fluffy bird sets (both in Wasteland) and that mossback crow all in less than one hour.

Maybe just good luck though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Xionx said:

Hm i dont know exactly , its were the swine spawns for the rare bird , and were 3 palico wait (if you have done the quest in rotten vales)

Aright yeah 4 golden fish almost always spawn there good place to try and get a Great one if you go for full completion lol

2 minutes ago, nyonmyan said:

I found 2 plesio fishes, 2 fluffy bird sets (both in Wasteland) and that mossback crow all in less than one hour.

Maybe just good luck though.

Or maybe i was very unlucky :) its fine i will look for them again when im bored or need of easy task.

Just got a giant gold crown from a high-rank Tobi-Kadachi.

Criteria

- Capture Investigation

- difficulty 6 (Six stars)

- Time limit was 15 min.

- Reward money was 8820 z

- Rewards were 1 bronze, 1 silver & 1 gold

I don't know if some of this information doesn't matter but I thought I'd share it anyway.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

I just got 3 gold crowns in 1 Investigation :D

Got a screen as proof, since nobody's gonna believe that xD

It was a Great Hunting Investigation High Rank with Legiana, Paolumu and TziTzi.

Got Miniature for Paolumu and TziTzi and Giant for Legiana.

I dont know if i like that or hate. but congrats on that

31 minutes ago, nazareth357 said:

Hey do you know if Kirin exists in HR? I've never seen one or even an investigation for one, always just low rank ones? 

yes , you have to find enough kirin tracks in coral area . its blue track. The progress bar is bugged and it looks like it is not going up , but after a while you get a HR quest near your farm .

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Xionx said:

yes , you have to find enough kirin tracks in coral area . its blue track. The progress bar is bugged and it looks like it is not going up , but after a while you get a HR quest near your farm .

Thanks. Just got my 3rd mini crown Barroth 1217.10. That thing looked tiny it was really noticeable to me. It was a Great Hunt for the chicken and him.

Edited by nazareth357