Crown question

cjl73185

53 minutes ago, nazareth357 said:

200 in just investigations or including low, high, and investigations?

For me as soon as I unlocked High I waved goodbye to all low rank investigations. Done a few optional quests as it can lead to some good items like the Thunderproof Mantle or the Cleanser Booster but since passing the main story missions almost everything I had done has been high investigations. the luck of RNG is just not with me for this game.

12 minutes ago, fisty123 said:

For me as soon as I unlocked High I waved goodbye to all low rank investigations. Done a few optional quests as it can lead to some good items like the Thunderproof Mantle or the Cleanser Booster but since passing the main story missions almost everything I had done has been high investigations. the luck of RNG is just not with me for this game.

Damn that is some sour luck.

Your luck will average out anyway, as long as you will keep grinding.

I got Legiana mini, going to compile the crowns and their investigations and see if there's a pattern.

So far it feels like harder investigations, including stuff like tempered and max player count, means higher crown probability.

I'm still at Low Rank, and I like doing my optionals/investigations as I go. I think I can collect the info for you guys. At least we'll be able to see it that way. Just 1 question: Should I run Investigations through the Resource Center and the Quest Board?

Edited by Edunstar84

9 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

I'm still at Low Rank, and I like doing my optionals/investigations as I go. I think I can collect the info for you guys. At least we'll be able to see it that. Just 1 question: Should I run Investigations through the Resource Center and the Quest Board?

That's the only way to do it. And don't bother trying to do ALL the investigations, because they're randomly generated. I've now got 5 mini crowns, so I don't think this trophy is as RNG based as it seems at first. You just need to do a lot of High Rank investigations. I personally like the multihunts because you have more chances of getting a crown.

• Like 1

Well.... Great Hunts seem to be the way to go. After getting 3 crowns in 1 run, I did a break to eat something. My buddy kept playing and he got 2 crowns in 1 investigation shortly after. He got 5 crowns so far... all of them in just 2 investigations.

I am sitting at 6 crowns so far, 4 mini and 2 giants. All of them through investigations.

Finally.... Monster hunt 283 and 285 in the same mission provided me with not only my first mini crown but two in the same quest.

was an SOS rank 7 with Black Diablos, Pink Rathian and Barroth, I got the minis for Pink Rathian and Barroth.

I did not notice the Pink Rathian being small but the Barroth it was tiny on the screen, very tiny.

Edited by fisty123
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, fisty123 said:

Finally.... Monster hunt 283 and 285 in the same mission provided me with not only my first mini crown but two in the same quest.

was an SOS rank 7 with Black Diablos, Pink Rathian and Barroth, I got the minis for Pink Rathian and Barroth.

I did not notice the Pink Rathian being small but the Barroth it was tiny on the screen, very tiny.

The mini Barroth is cute isn't it lol; what were the sizes? I want to see how much smaller P. Rathian can get than the smallest I've seen

Edited by nazareth357

4 minutes ago, nazareth357 said:

The mini Barroth is cute isn't it lol; what were the sizes? I want to see how much smaller P. Rathian can get than the smallest I've seen

Until it jumps in the mud then it is a mess.
Barroth size: 1217.10
Pink Rathian size: 1561.39

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, fisty123 said:

Until it jumps in the mud then it is a mess.
Barroth size: 1217.10
Pink Rathian size: 1561.39

True. My Barroth was the same size I've also had the same crown size as another person before so there must not be much variations in crown sizes. I know that they are, because there was a slight difference in my Jagras mini and another users. My smallest Pink is 1754 so there should be quite a noticeable difference when I see a mini.

Just wanted to chime in to support the theory that HR investigations have a higher chance of giving crowned monsters.

After a bit more than 100 kills, mostly in regular quests, I had not seen a single gold crown; today I did 4 investigations because I needed a gem (and money) and got a large gold (Legiana) and two small gold crowns (Legiana and Paolumu), and the latter were from the same mission.

So, although I still don't think I'll go for the platinum 'cause I don't really want to waste that much time, maybe it's not as bad as I feared..

25 minutes ago, DarkBahamutZero said:

Just wanted to chime in to support the theory that HR investigations have a higher chance of giving crowned monsters.

After a bit more than 100 kills, mostly in regular quests, I had not seen a single gold crown; today I did 4 investigations because I needed a gem (and money) and got a large gold (Legiana) and two small gold crowns (Legiana and Paolumu), and the latter were from the same mission.

So, although I still don't think I'll go for the platinum 'cause I don't really want to waste that much time, maybe it's not as bad as I feared..

I think you just got lucky, some people are getting lucky and others are not. I am up to 307 large kills and have 1 Large crown and 2 mini. Besides the story all I ever play really are HR investigations.

26 minutes ago, fisty123 said:

I think you just got lucky, some people are getting lucky and others are not. I am up to 307 large kills and have 1 Large crown and 2 mini. Besides the story all I ever play really are HR investigations.

You might be right, maybe it's just a placebo, but I felt it was worth reporting. And in the end, I can only hope the chances aren't as bad as MH Generations, where I got a grand total of 0 gold crowns after around 200 hours...

First quest today resulted in a large gold crown for Anjanath
Quest Details:

Great Hunting Investigation

Rank 9

3 tempered rank rewards
22680z
HR 13 or highter, Faint 2 times
Flourishing: Fruit,
Monsters: Anjanath (tempered) , Rathian (Not tempered)

Edited by fisty123

58 minutes ago, davidstubbs said:

Have we established whether being tempered affects the rate or not?

10 minutes ago, nazareth357 said:

I don't think it does I've only gotten 1 crown out of several tempered hunts

I am going to say not 100% sure but with the cash boost and the chance of getting drops for the Augment Equipment I am always doing tempered or group monster hunts now.

1 hour ago, fisty123 said:

Just jumped into someones Great Jagras SOS rank 6 that was a 6 minutes old, by the time I got to the beast it was almost dead, got two hits in before the quest ended....
However it ended up being a small gold crown, sometimes it pays off just to have a look

You don't even have to actually hit the monster to get credit for them. First couple days I SOS'd into a two monster hunt in Wildspire with Barroth and the fish thing. Randoms killed the Barroth right when I spawned in (I got the death cutscene for it) then moved on to the fish thing. I didn't even go over to carve the Barroth but got a silver crown off it.