Crown question

cjl73185

8 hours ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

Well, thanks :D

I got super lucky once ^^ 100hours + and got 2 big and 2 small ones, 75% of them in this one investigation lol

1.Just wanted to say you're list is ballin, I hope mine is as good as your's when i grow up.

2.Got my first Mini so i want to share if people are interested, 

• 7 Star investigation
  • Great Huntin-Dodgama and Azure Rath
  • Rewards-Bronze/Silver/Gold
  • Mini on Dodogama at 1000.00

Also i havent read all the post in this thread as theres a lot lol. but i saw people saying stuff about getting crowns via SOS. Would that really matter since monster size has to be shared right? if the host has a Mini Monster then you'll get the crown whether you SOS or join on start.

E:Just got my first Gold large crown so figure i throw some info in here if people are interested.

• 7 Star investigation
  • HR 13 or higher
  • Capture quest-Legiana 
  • Rewards-Silver/Gold
  • Gold Crown at 2107.69
Edited by killerJAZZ420
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, killerJAZZ420 said:

Also i havent read all the post in this thread as theres a lot lol. but i saw people saying stuff about getting crowns via SOS. Would that really matter since monster size has to be shared right? if the host has a Mini Monster then you'll get the crown whether you SOS or join on start.

My only Gold Crown came from an SOS, I would assume everyone would of got that gold given the monster size is normally fixed as soon as the mission starts.

Just had my first Mini Crown.

Great Jagras Rank 6.

1 Gold 1 Silver

10980z

2 Faints.

First Large Gold. (Pukei-Pukei)

Pukei-Pukei + Great Jagras Rank 6

1 Gold 2 Silver

12870z

3 Faints

Max 2 Players.

Has anyone received either Mini or Gold Large off LR Investigations? 

Edited by Jarod1990
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Jarod1990 said:

Pukei-Pukei + Great Jagras Rank 6

1 Gold 2 Silver

12870z

3 Faints

Max 2 Players.

Had the same investigation, except 4 max players. Got silver crown for Jagga Hut, but that's it. I'm pretty sure that crowns are tied to investigations but beyond that it's pure rng.

So it seems large silver crowns spawn only on low rank. Gold an small gold crowns seem to appear on high rank investigations.

Can anyone confirm that ?

I was curious about something. I did 4 Odogaron when I was helping out my friends and we all did the main quests and the size was the same everytime. It seems that in the "story" missions the monsters have a fixed size.

Got 4 large silver crowns right now after 60 hours in (started high rank just now) and only got them in investigations.

10 minutes ago, SaintChris77 said:

So it seems large silver crowns spawn only on low rank. Gold an small gold crowns seem to appear on high rank investigations.

Can anyone confirm that ?

Na incorrect, I have lost count of how many silver crowns I have had now. I know I have had 6 silver crowns from Pukei-Pukei alone and 5 are from high rank missions.

Just now, fisty123 said:

Na incorrect, I have lost count of how many silver crowns I have had now. I know I have had 6 silver crowns from Pukei-Pukei alone and 5 are from high rank missions.

Ok but you never got a gold one in low rank, that part should be true. Haven't done too much high rank yet, so I can't say for sure how the crown spawns work there.

But a bit of a pain if both types of large crowns can spawn in high rank. ^^

I think there may be something to this whole investigation thing.  Just ran one for the hell of it and got a mini crown.

Investigation Rank: 6*

Investigation Type: Hunt (Great Jagras)

Rewards: Copper / Silver / Gold

Time Limit: 15 minutes

Rate Up: Gather locations

Did two Kulu Ya-Ku investigations after this and I think I was pretty close to minicrowns on both.  If I can get minicrowns at this rate I’m positive the platinum is doable.  Just need to figure out large gold crowns.

1 hour ago, Jounochi said:

I think there may be something to this whole investigation thing.  Just ran one for the hell of it and got a mini crown.

Investigation Rank: 6*

Investigation Type: Hunt (Great Jagras)

Rewards: Copper / Silver / Gold

Time Limit: 15 minutes

Rate Up: Gather locations

Did two Kulu Ya-Ku investigations after this and I think I was pretty close to minicrowns on both.  If I can get minicrowns at this rate I’m positive the platinum is doable.  Just need to figure out large gold crowns.

Its just random as far as I can tell, I was just doing Jagras investigations non stop, got the Gold crown at around 23 Jagras's dead and didn't get the mini crown until my 53 Jagras. As a side note you get more titles for your Guild Card every 10 monsters of a species you hunt starting at 20. I wonder if you get a background for 100.

Edited by nazareth357

6 minutes ago, nazareth357 said:

Its just random as far as can tell, I was just doing Jagras investigations non stop, got the Gold crown at around 23 Jagras's dead and didn't get the mini crown until my 53 Jagras.

Were they all HR investigations?

It's interesting because if it's true there are size parameters for certain Investigations, does that mean the parameters for LR investigations are just above Mini (Meaning you cannot get it) and just below Gold Crown (Also meaning you cannot get it, but you can get Silver). But when you ran a HR Investigation these parameters are widened opening up both the Mini and Gold crown?

Earlier posts in the topic are vague and don't exactly provide what we are trying to determine. I'm finding we just get people who say 'this is this' or 'that is that' without giving supporting evidence of what theyre saying.

Edited by Jarod1990

4 minutes ago, Jarod1990 said:

It's interesting because if it's true there are size parameters for certain Investigations, does that mean the parameters for LR investigations are just above Mini (Meaning you cannot get it) and just below Gold Crown (Also meaning you cannot get it, but you can get Silver). But when you ran a HR Investigation these parameters are widened opening up both the Mini and Gold crown?

Earlier posts in the topic are vague and don't exactly provide what we are trying to determine. I'm finding we just get people who say 'this is this' or 'that is that' without giving supporting evidence of what theyre saying.

Im pretty sure someone posted that he saw a profile with 1 mini crown unlocked but without havin HR unlocked through story. So maybe it is possible on LR investigations , but most people play through story first and than start running investigations on HR.

I'd be interested in seeing the profile.

I ran through maybe 35-40 LR Jagras hunts, takes about 3 mins from Quest Post to Camp/HQ. I never got any size record on any of them. (I got the Silver last week from a LR)

Not that that's any indication of whether or not its possible due to the low number, but it's something atleast.

Has anyone else tried a lot of LR hunts in search of a crown?

1 hour ago, Jarod1990 said:

I've only been running High Ranks, I've been averaging something around 1 crown per 20 investigations. Give or take a few.

33 minutes ago, nazareth357 said:

I've only been running High Ranks, I've been averaging something around 1 crown per 20 investigations. Give or take a few.

I ran a HR6 Great Jagras, Gold Crown came in at 1375.98, was noticeably huge. Killed 63 across the game.

Edited by Jarod1990

33 minutes ago, nazareth357 said:

So how many do you have now? i saw atleast 4 people have the 10 mini crown trophy on psnp (jp i think) .

7 minutes ago, Jarod1990 said:

I ran a HR6 Great Jagras, Gold Crown came in at 1375.98, was noticeably huge. Killed 63 across the game.

Yeah you hunt enough of them and you can really tell when one is huge and when it's small. My Gold Crown was the same size I wonder if that's the max cap for it for now.

7 minutes ago, Xionx said:

So how many do you have now? i saw atleast 4 people have the 10 mini crown trophy on psnp (jp i think) .

4 mini and 1 king. Great Jagras  (987.60-1375.98) Pukei mini (992.21) Barroth mini (1217.10) and Paolumu mini (1017.59)

Edited by nazareth357

19 minutes ago, fisty123 said:

I need to stop reading this topic, 235 hunts with the bulk being high rank Investigations for one Large gold crown. Then people on here are posting their crowns show up.
I think I need a drink.

77 kills on great jagras and still no big crown , 200 hunts overall and only 1 big and 1 mini crown . 

i feel ya.

• Like 1