The Great Australian Trophy Hunt - Season 3

Epic Dual  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be triumphant in the ultimate showdown for Tim Tams this season!?

• Feral
    • TheWayne-o
    • Does it matter? You're both losers, go and actually earn some trophies!

Interested to see how this will start and eventually pan out, few new faces and a couple of "David" egos ready to join the fray and take on Cj's "Goliath" ego which will be sure to provide some entertainment. Hopefully I'll be able to get a few jabs in at some point, have been a bit quiet but that may change when things start going.

Little bit of anger and confusion the other day, went and bought a few new games on sale and one of them was Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5, I had heard that it was bad but it was $15 and I had a bit of nostalgia revving me up from the N64 days. Downloaded and turned it on, switch on my Spotify playlist full of old THPS jams (Superman by Goldfinger ftw) go to play the first level and I get an error that the "session is full" and that the online isn't working, would do the same thing even if I clicked on Offline play. Thought to myself that there was no way they would just sell me a game that was literally unplayable, looked online and found that the only way you can play any part of the game is if you turn off your network connections on the PS4, what the hell kind of game makes you do that?

That's my little annoyance for the week.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, spazza136 said:

Interested to see how this will start and eventually pan out, few new faces and a couple of "David" egos ready to join the fray and take on Cj's "Goliath" ego which will be sure to provide some entertainment. Hopefully I'll be able to get a few jabs in at some point, have been a bit quiet but that may change when things start going.

Little bit of anger and confusion the other day, went and bought a few new games on sale and one of them was Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5, I had heard that it was bad but it was $15 and I had a bit of nostalgia revving me up from the N64 days. Downloaded and turned it on, switch on my Spotify playlist full of old THPS jams (Superman by Goldfinger ftw) go to play the first level and I get an error that the "session is full" and that the online isn't working, would do the same thing even if I clicked on Offline play. Thought to myself that there was no way they would just sell me a game that was literally unplayable, looked online and found that the only way you can play any part of the game is if you turn off your network connections on the PS4, what the hell kind of game makes you do that?

Man that is shite. Some people bag out games for the smallest things but that right there is worthy of bagging a game out. Terrible stuff. And it hasn't even been patched!

Keen to kick of Zombie Army Trilogy with yourself and @CjShai whenever you guys are ready. Maybe on the weekend we can do a session? 

• Like 3

Just now, adam1984123 said:

Man that is shite. Some people bag out games for the smallest things but that right there is worthy of bagging a game out. Terrible stuff. And it hasn't even been patched!

Keen to kick of Zombie Army Trilogy with yourself and @CjShai whenever you guys are ready. Maybe on the weekend we can do a session? 

Yeah sure, I'm having a quiet weekend this week because I went off last weekend so having a ZAT session sounds good to me.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CjShai said:

I would break the disc now throw it out a window the game is completed fucked,

Sounds good

Let him use that coke money to buy it.

It’s Digital sadly. Doesn’t matter much now anyway because I’m so bad at the game I can’t go past the third area. Playing it makes me want them to come back with the old Tony Hawk Underground games, now those were good skating games.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TheWayne-o said:

I also just want to let everyone know that we'll all be competing in a single division this year (a throwback to season 1 if you will) as most of the players here had been allocated to division 1 anyway, I only had 4 players allocated to division 2... It didn't really make sense to run 2 separate divisions.

First bombshell of the season and the comp has not even started yet.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, TheWayne-o said:

In an ideal world I'd record the percentage a couple of hours into the competition so everyone has a chance to sync their profiles but I won't get a chance to do it until around 5:30 - 6 p.m. (Sydney time). Unless @MattyH16 gets a chance to do it earlier of course.

That sounds good to me. I just wanted to make sure that I'd still have time to lower my completion rate. I'm not going as nuts as some others, but even still I feel dirty lowering it to 91%. :lol:

I am going to go with Wayne for the victory, I just get the feeling this is the year Feral will finally stop using trophies as a crutch and move to a full time alcoholic state.

Goodluck to everyone, may your earn be small, your backlog list ignored, excuses wide and your banter amusing. I look forward to clapping you all on as you receive your participation awards come November. 

Edit : Moss VR is fantastic, 3D platformer in VR, controls decent and looks great. Definitely worth a look, and the mouse is so cuuuuuuute

Edited by CjShai
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, spazza136 said:

That's such a pain! I saw the other day Hawk said he had cut ties with activision and they still had the rights to THPS. Doesn't mean we can't get Skate 4 Featuring Tony Hawk though. Really I just want Skate 4. Or a good TH underground reboot.

14 hours ago, adam1984123 said:

Haha holy shit. So it is. Haha. Its been a massive week. 

Since you asked, it's Feral Brewing Co Hop Hog. Got some freebies at work 1f609.png

And this means tomorrow is now Thursday and not Wednesday. It just gets better. 

#bringontheweekend

Such a good beer, I've been drinking the Sly Fox from them lately. The long weekend can't get here fast enough.

13 hours ago, TheWayne-o said:

I also just want to let everyone know that we'll all be competing in a single division this year (a throwback to season 1 if you will) as most of the players here had been allocated to division 1 anyway, I only had 4 players allocated to division 2... It didn't really make sense to run 2 separate divisions.

...feck

3 hours ago, Ethan said:

I there an under 18s division?  @CjShai, I'll get a 100  :platinum: this year. So now you have no excuse to delete me now 1f61b.png 

Wait.... So you have done 88 games since 2011 and your aiming to get 100 plats in this comp alone.... That is one hell of a jump.

Edited by fisty123
  • Like 2