The Great Australian Trophy Hunt - Season 3

Epic Dual  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be triumphant in the ultimate showdown for Tim Tams this season!?

• Feral
    • TheWayne-o
    • Does it matter? You're both losers, go and actually earn some trophies!

1 minute ago, damage_6-9 said:

Demon gone?.... CJ gone?.... fuck.... on the plus side, that's 2 less people for me to be utterly annhilated by 1f914.png

Providing this comp does not fall through I will try my best to annihilate you in the later half of the comp

• Like 1

8 hours ago, adam1984123 said:

Lol 10 kills. 

I'm really enjoying that game. Zombies isn't usually my thing but this is quite enjoyable. Must be the great co-op team mates that I'm playing with. 1f609.png

Yeah me too man, I hate playing random MP but I always look forward to playing sessions with all of you when I get the chance.

7 hours ago, CjShai said:

Cmon 10 kills................ you and I both know I killed two guys then spent the other 4hrs just checking out the level design 

Fair call there, to be fair you seemed to always get the last hit on the bosses somehow... sneaky sneaky.

1 hour ago, Dessane said:

I cant speak for everyone else but I didn't enter to win, you guys are clearly in a league of your own but I'm here more for the community aspect than the chance of winning but fair play good on you guys for giving the others a chance.

Glad to see you guys will still be around though

After a few years of playing with him it was only a matter of time before Cj pulled out and came up with a crazy plan.

I think a lot of us are definitely on the same wavelength regarding playing for fun and community rather than competing, I started off competing when the comps first started but I definitely don't see it as important now as I did then. I think it's far more enjoyable to play games you want at your own rate and chat with others then to burn yourself out playing anything and everything, not to say that I don't give people like Cj/War/etc props for being able to consistently smash out trophies, It takes a lot more dedication than I could ever put in that's for sure.

2 hours ago, Ethan said:

I taught you well Sensei of Shame

giphy.gif  giphy.gif  

giphy.gif

Is it just me or does it seem like Ethan's been heavily concussed lately? Absolute dribble day in day out. To be fair he was home schooled but still...

• Like 4

4 hours ago, CjShai said:

Master Class - ...of elitism & snobbery [feat light posturing] 12"ep now on red & black splatter vinyl ltd to 2

You fucker I'm going to waste so much time deliberating what to buy with this PSN credit now that actual games have suddenly increased in viability. What a shit, so this is what you were talking about with the being a prick rhetoric. Who here is going to step up & do some easy shit to motivate me to earn? 

9 hours ago, Feral said:

Oi! Give me those shoes back, they're my only pair and I've gotta head to Dan Murphy's.

Mate, it will be a minor miracle if I get a 100 trophies in this whole comp. So you've got no worries at all lol.

I missed this before, that's comforting though. I think I get it now you're a bit of an altruist, at least in this context. I saw that other stuff you said though & wonder what you do when Origin is on? Is it a bit like that movie 'the believer' or am I mistaken about something here & if so why after escaping from QLD would you go to NSW & not your native Aotearoa?

I dunno I've been to NSW several times & while Nimbin was pretty cool & interesting Sydney actually made me feel ok about the traffic here & a lot of houses look like they have less than 30cm between them which is really WTF. What was good about it were the mates I was visiting but far as that city goes I have nothing to envy there. 

I shouldn't bring up state stuff. One set of grandparents came from Victoria & the other were with aristocratic antecedents so I'm of noble blood and location doesn't matter much.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, readytofuky said:

I missed this before, that's comforting though. I think I get it now you're a bit of an altruist, at least in this context. I saw that other stuff you said though & wonder what you do when Origin is on? Is it a bit like that movie 'the believer' or am I mistaken about something here & if so why after escaping from QLD would you go to NSW & not your native Aotearoa?

I dunno I've been to NSW several times & while Nimbin was pretty cool & interesting Sydney actually made me feel ok about the traffic here & a lot of houses look like they have less than 30cm between them which is really WTF. What was good about it were the mates I was visiting but far as that city goes I have nothing to envy there. 

I shouldn't bring up state stuff. One set of grandparents came from Victoria & the other were with aristocratic antecedents so I'm of noble blood and location doesn't matter much.

Lol it was my sobriety talking. When Origin is on I become religious and pray to all deities that NSW will win. Ha ha ha I'm not a Kiwi but I'd rather be from there than QLD.

NSW is fantastic. Although I'm completely biased been here my whole life and the fam's lived here since 1788. Ah bloody Nimbin, just no lol. There are much better places than it. Yeah Sydney's traffic is mental and so is their sardine style housing.

Ha ha ha you can sling the state stuff cause you don't have a dog in the fight.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheWayne-o said:

Reading a few of the posts in the thread from the past day or so has made for some interesting reading and something I didn't really expect if I'm perfectly honest.

There appears to be a much larger undercurrent of unhappiness and disappointment regarding how the competition is being run than has ever been brought to my attention by anybody really. Sure I get small mentions of things here and there (as anybody who has ever run a competition here will understand) but it seems to be pretty much at the point that people don't appreciate the effort that is being put in. I mean over the past 2 and a bit years I've put in 100s of hours doing things for this competition and just like everyone else here I have other things that I could be doing with that time.

The whole point of trying something different with the points system this year was to make people feel more like they were getting something of equal value to the effort they were putting in, hence the allocation of points for each trophy earned and the rankings at the end of each month being scrapped. Sure this was going to benefit the "volume hunters" and the point of having 2 divisions was to try an make it so everybody could "compete" with players close to their level, unfortunately we didn't any real interest from people around the level that would've put them in division 2 forcing me to throw everyone together. Anybody who actually read the scoring system would've worked out that this would've been the outcome when everybody was thrown together, since I made that announcement I've had a total of zero complaints. Perhaps the lack of interest from more casual players like myself is a sign itself that the scoring system is flawed but having a different system wouldn't have changed the outcome, the same players would've ended up at the top anyway albeit the scores on the leaderboard would've been closer.

The purpose of creating this "competition" was to create a community for people to enjoy playing games together, sharing thoughts and experiences of games and just to have a bit of fun and give each other shit. That's why I continued to compete in and run an event that I was constantly at the bottom of, I never had any chance of winning nor did I have any expectations that I would be anywhere other than at the bottom. However, it has become clear that many of the people here don' appreciate what I've tried to build and would rather take things way too seriously.

Anyway in summary, this competition has become something that is no longer fun to run and I have decided that I will be canceling it. There are too many other things in my life that I would get much more enjoyment from and my time would be better spent on them. Thanks to everybody that has participated in this competition over the past two and a bit years and I wish you all the best in whatever other competition is born as a result of this one being canned. All the best to everyone, I'm sure that I'll see you guys around the forums from time to time.

I’m sorry to hear this Wayne. I always thought this “comp” was a good place to sledge and have fun with others without really bothering with trophy figures (I personally stopped caring about the points a while ago) and you’ve done a good job at keeping up a place for everyone to be social and talk about their games or play sessions together which I thank you for giving that opportunity to all of us. I haven’t ran a comp myself due to understanding the effort you’d have to put it so I admire your ability to go ahead and do that the last two or so years. Hopefully someone else might step up to the plate if they have the patience and time to do so, I’m sure everyone will try to stay in touch over the PS chat systems either way so there’s definitely a lot of good that’s come from it. 

Cheers mate.

Well I'm pretty disappointed to see the plug get pulled on this comp. Totally understand your reasons though @TheWayne-o, just didn't want to have to send me Tim Tams again :P

Seriously thank you for running these comps, they have been brilliant. Maybe you'll do another in the future *crosses fingers*

@TheWayne-o sory to hear that you feel this way and want to pull the pin. I personally enjoy the banter here and the guys here who I play co-op with.

I'm happy to give it a shot at running this thing with a revamped system if everyone is ok with that. Let me know your interest and if enough people want to continue I'll post details on the weekend. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, adam1984123 said:

@TheWayne-o sory to hear that you feel this way and want to pull the pin. I personally enjoy the banter here and the guys here who I play co-op with.

I'm happy to give it a shot at running this thing with a revamped system if everyone is ok with that. Let me know your interest and if enough people want to continue I'll post details on the weekend. 

Nice, I'd join in (assuming that's alright).

57 minutes ago, Feral said:

Lol it was my sobriety talking. When Origin is on I become religious and pray to all deities that NSW will win. Ha ha ha I'm not a Kiwi but I'd rather be from there than QLD.

NSW is fantastic. Although I'm completely biased been here my whole life and the fam's lived here since 1788. Ah bloody Nimbin, just no lol. There are much better places than it. Yeah Sydney's traffic is mental and so is their sardine style housing.

Ha ha ha you can sling the state stuff cause you don't have a dog in the fight.

Rather be from NZ... that makes two of us. I guess you were just in QLD for a time? completely understand your point of view with it in any case!! PSN has been rooted all night so I'm going to show some solidarity & sink piss/play nothing tonight.

30 minutes ago, TheWayne-o said:

Reading a few of the posts in the thread from the past day or so has made for some interesting reading and something I didn't really expect if I'm perfectly honest.

There appears to be a much larger undercurrent of unhappiness and disappointment regarding how the competition is being run than has ever been brought to my attention by anybody really. Sure I get small mentions of things here and there (as anybody who has ever run a competition here will understand) but it seems to be pretty much at the point that people don't appreciate the effort that is being put in. I mean over the past 2 and a bit years I've put in 100s of hours doing things for this competition and just like everyone else here I have other things that I could be doing with that time.

Sorry to hear you were bummed out, if I contributed to this with any of that silly rhetoric I'd apologise. I wasn't totally out to win this but would have had a good old earn at some point but in general just wanted to talk some shit with everyone once in a while. I never even looked into the points system TBH dunno why there was so much heat about it.

There were points? Wasn't even concerned about them myself, just loved the banter- paying out on people and being paid out (if you can't take it, don't give it), seeing what everyone else is playing ( to get ideas of games with which to increase my backlog, lol).

Seeing the play styles of different people- sheer mind numbing volume; steady, persistent, completist dedication to one game at a time; selfless helping of others with mp shit that was long done for them; random pop a few trophies and move on to something else, etc.

Oh well, guess I'll finish my beer, put the bins out ( anyone that looks in my recycle bin probably thinks I'm an alcoholic), and go to bed.

Edited by damage_6-9
Fat fkn fingers

Before we move on once again I would like to say thanks to @TheWayne-o and @MattyH16 for their work, I got to meet new aussie gamers... Even if most of us have a drinking issue or a slave labor system to make people work for us.

@adam1984123 I am down for this comp. My questions are as followed;
Does this comp start from the new month? or right away? if right away will the same submitted backlog list work even if we started one of them games?

Will you allow for other members to join if someone wanted to but had not joined already? Maybe a 1 week window or something.

Edited by fisty123
  • Like 1