The last thread from me bitching about Rayman Legends online

Crzy Minus

This is a thread I made to say that I'm done, i'm done trying with getting the diamond cup the real way in Rayman Legends. Not after the shit I've gone through this week.

I had a spot for diamond during the last weekly extreme challenge, and by the last hour of the challenge not only I lost my spot and my chance of getting diamond, but I was also on more than 7000m on the Neverending Pit as far as you can challenge, and I still lost.

I can't man, I turn on my vita daily to check the challenges and just to get fucked over like that? Why should I bother if it'll be the same shit over and over?

Anyway, I regret putting as much time as I did. From now I'm moving away from all that and wait for the right time on this.

I'm done checking in daily, unless you give me a good reason to. So yeah.

Edited by Crzy Minus
  • Like 1

And I'm done with these kind of threads. I mean how many is it already, 9- 10 telling exactly the same about being done with the game, with the same story like huh I was so close, but some douche took it..

I put the notifications for this game on just so I will get a notification when there is a glitched murphy challenge. Instead I get notifications for clickbaity threads from a guy complaining the standard story...

So that aside, If there is a glitched challenge I (and I guess a lot of people) will prefer it to be post as thread so more people can see it without going through this thread..

EDIT: OP changed the name and I guess it's less confusing now.

Edited by Bumperklever
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Bumperklever said:

And I'm done with these kind of threads. I mean how many is it already, 9- 10 telling exactly the same about being done with the game, with the same story like huh I was so close, but some douche took it..

I put the notifications for this game on just so I will get a notification when there is a glitched murphy challenge. Instead I get notifications for clickbaity threads from a guy complaining the standard story...

So that aside, If there is a glitched challenge I (and I guess a lot of people) will prefer it to be post as thread so more people can see it without going through this thread..

Sure, if that's the case then for the better.

But for my case for making this thread, earlier today I had the right to be mad about this shit. This was the one challenge I spent more hours on than any other challenge, I wasted hours for nothing.

This is also my last thread here in case I pissed off some of you, I learned my lesson and I regret my part on still playing and trying.

Edited by Crzy Minus
  • Like 3

@Crzy Minus

I saw your effort yesterday, thought "wtf, you got to around 7500m!!"! This even made me practice again, but never made it further than 1400m. That was the time I realized even your high score didn't help you from getting screwed and so I gave up as well > < 

similiar thing happened to me some days ago for the daily murphy challenge. After spending hours I was able to get to spot 2 of 280, about 2 hours before end. That was a great feeling, thought finally I can get rid of this game. But then just 30 minutes before the challenge would have been finished, marcelci (or something like that) overpassed me. There I was at spot 3, about 289 users and only gold again... this guy has about 800 diamond cups already, too bad he didn't take a break that day -,- that was the closest I ever was to a diamond cup. I often made it to the top 10 already, but to no avail. I don't blame the pros though, as I guess they put a serious amount of practice into mastering these challenges. I blame the devs for adding such a stupid trophy. Why not just a trophy for getting gold or getting a spot in the top 10?

Either this game goes on PS plus to seriously raise the player base or we are all forced to wait for a glitched challenge, whenever that will be...

Trying to get diamond cup in dailies was bad idea from the start. 

But at least you now practiced some types of challenges.

wait for weekly challenge of your type or glitched challenge (but I bet after servers went down and was brought back up again Ubi fixed glitchy challenges cause there was no even one glitch since that time.

Wait for glitched challenge or do it legit like those pros who do it every fucking day/week. :P 

On PS3/PS4 you had those daily co op challenges sometimes, and then it was super easy to get a really good cup if you had a local partner.

Edited by MMDE

• 2 months later...

I platted PS4 version just a month back and only had single Diamond cup - 1.7km in my favourite Infinite Tower (As far...), finishing about 50th out of 7500 players. I was getting like 85-90% golds, rest silver, few bronze and was happy with it. Been thinking whether I should take this challenge on Vita or not and decided to give it a shot, settling on assumption plat might just be beyond my reach and be happy with all other trophies and all the fun playing.

Turned out my fav challenge was the first week I started playing - Infinite Tower weekly extreme, as far as you can. I played and practiced a lot during the week, played like 35-40hrs total, gathered over 750 000 lums. I ended up 5th, messing up simple jump and died 19m before player above me @ 4526m. I played till the challenge end until 1am, got several times past 4km but couldn't beat my best. My last run was 4300m @ about 7 minutes till the end of the challenge and no time to try again. Worst thing is player counter stopped @ 499. So I waited and waited those last 5 minutes looking at the player counter sitting @ 499 and it stayed where it was... One more player would take the challenge during the week and I'd get the trophy. In terms of loosing by the skin of one's teeth i'm probably on top of the world :)

• 4 weeks later...

Rayman Legends is free this month on Playstation Plus for the PS4. But you still have to pay for the PS3 and Vita versions of Legends.

The Rayman series is a series I never got around to growing up, but it has it's own spin on platforming and it's different from your average Mario or Sonic platformer.

Getting the cups seems to be where a lot of people get their gripes and I definitely noticed with the Vita version you have to get a Diamond Cup. If 7500 players participated in a challenge, you have to score in the top 75 since Diamonds only count if you're in the top 1 percent. That's a pretty tall order and judging by the comments here it took some people over a year to finally get the platinum.

Thankfully on the PS4 you only really need a lot of Golds and maybe some Silvers and Bronzes for the challenges. Still going to take quite a while, since you have to play Rayman Legends on a regular basis and get up to date on scoring good on the challenges.

I consider myself good at platformers but I'm probably not good enough to get a Diamond Cup.

Vita version these days average around

Weekly: 500 to 600 players (5-6 diamonds) 

Weekly extreme: 200 to 300 players

Daily: 200, ~300 on fridays & sundays (close to... Sometimes 295, sometimes 305)

Daily extreme: ~170 i think

Also for some particular challenges there always is someone just... Alot better than anyone else, with scores unbeatable

I got my diamond last week in weekly (2/620, land of the livid dead lums, typically 'hfjlww' was first, as always in a land of the livid concerning speed, sometimes on dojos too) 

• 2 weeks later...

I bagged Champion! this morning on Weekly Extreme Infinite Tower, As far as you can, finished 2nd with 7.5km. 5 diamonds were given with 4.5km required to get one. Quite difficult for sure, required a lot of practice (at least for me) but possible ;)

Good luck everyone going after this!

@Stardew Shelly I'm sorry to reply to such an old comment but I feel really bothered by this, why are you insulting people that actually like the game and play it because they want to as opposed to us that play it to get our trophies and move on?

Surely they have much more right to get the diamond cups, they put in the time to learn the game and actually like playing it unlike some of us who feel like they're dragging themselves through hell for this 1 trophy (in my case it wasn't the diamond cup as I got a few legit and 1 via gliched challenge, but that level 11 took forever and the challenges became very repetitive).

If those players didn't stay around to keep the online alive there'd be no online, if you want the trophy either work for it or wait patiently for a glitched challenge, you have no right to criticize what they play and for how long, especially since everyone here shares a hobby that is perceived as a waste of time by many people.

TLDR: Long time players have more right to diamond cups than we do, if you want one git gud

Edit: Everybody has bad days...

Edited by HardXDXtraga
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, HardXDXtraga said:

if you want one git gud

I don't even play the game so I couldn't care less.:dunno:

Honestly, I don't know why I would type this comment, seems like I had a really bad day, because I actually don't give a flying fuck.

I will edit this now out of existence, this is me acknowledging I wrote it, I don't delete it out of shame or anything but I don't stand by this statement at all.

Kudos to you and everyone who did it legit. Have a nice day.

J

• Like 2

17 hours ago, ghibransiregar said:

That’s why I still don’t have enough guts to get vita version,platinum both PS3 and PS4 I only had 4 diamond cup on PS4 but tempting to grab Chinese version though,but the price man not really worth it..

Get Vita version for sure, especially if you enjoyed the game on PS3 and PS4. Rayman as beautiful 2D platformer seems to fit Vita even better than other platforms. It also has touch requiring levels and challenges that do not exist on PS versions. And some parts using gyroscope as well, all making it quite unique and different compared to other versions. One of the best games for Vita imho and real joy to play on handheld.