artifex mundi style?

NCSFan001

12 minutes ago, Ms Rose Makoto said:

This game is artifex mundi style but in the most "extreme" mode
"Solve all puzzles in less than a minute.
" it will be very complicated at least for me that i dont have the speed of usain bolt :P 

If it has an easy mode like the AM games then the HOG parts you can spam the X button and move the cursor fast to finish all HOGs in about 20 seconds - puzzles will all have a definite answer meaning a second play should be a lot easier to solve

2 minutes ago, turniplord said:

If it has an easy mode like the AM games then the HOG parts you can spam the X button and move the cursor fast to finish all HOGs in about 20 seconds - puzzles will all have a definite answer meaning a second play should be a lot easier to solve

I forgot that you can actually work on that trophy on normal mode :)
And with a guide it will be more easier

On 11/02/2018 at 2:35 PM, Ms Rose Makoto said:

I forgot that you can actually work on that trophy on normal mode :)
And with a guide it will be more easier

The game isn't really like AM titles - played it all the way through yesterday - thanks to the dev - this one has a lot more puzzles than hidden object ones - plus they aren't your normal HOG - they are more like small instances where you pick up one item and use it on another thing to uncover another item to use on another in the same scene... etc, etc, until  - yay! you get tweezers. That's what they are classing as HOGs.

Which is pretty cool tbh. Took about 8-9 hours to do both the main game and the bonus mission. Once complete you have access to replay any of the HOGs or Puzzles, watch the cutscenes, watch deleted scenes, see how the game went from concept to final production, alternative versions of the scenes, listen to the music and also see all the notes and figures you collected - there is quite a lot contained in this one game.

The story is pretty good as well - it's not jumpy or scary but it's a lot darker than the AM titles. The dev left an update on their FB page saying that part 2 has been in dev for 4 years and has gone back and forth through various teams and the final version isn't up to his standard - so he is going back to correct the issues, tweak the story and make it what he really envisioned - so it may be about 4-6 months before we see part 2 and then about a year after that part 3 should come out.

In regards to using a guide - yeah, there are some out there but the game isn't hard - you can play through it without ever using skip and get through it just fine. Completing the puzzles in under a minute is gonna be a pain but with a guide, it will be easier - but I recommend maybe doing that on your second play and just enjoy it yourself the first time? Also, the controls aren't as smooth as AM titles - I've reported this and they are looking into it - the movement is a bit slow using the stick - I advise using the touchpad as it works great and it's really smooth and accurate. 

My recommendation - try out the free demo on PSN, if you like it, pick it up - funds from this is going towards part 2 and 3 and the game itself is really good :) I have an official review going up tomorrow some time about it :)

• Like 3

8 hours ago, turniplord said:

The game isn't really like AM titles - played it all the way through yesterday - thanks to the dev - this one has a lot more puzzles than hidden object ones - plus they aren't your normal HOG - they are more like small instances where you pick up one item and use it on another thing to uncover another item to use on another in the same scene... etc, etc, until  - yay! you get tweezers. That's what they are classing as HOGs.

Which is pretty cool tbh. Took about 8-9 hours to do both the main game and the bonus mission. Once complete you have access to replay any of the HOGs or Puzzles, watch the cutscenes, watch deleted scenes, see how the game went from concept to final production, alternative versions of the scenes, listen to the music and also see all the notes and figures you collected - there is quite a lot contained in this one game.

I did notice that - and in the Options menu, you can actually check "hidden object puzzles" to replace those puzzles you were talking about with "traditional" word-bank HO puzzles.

Also, really good to know you can just replay puzzles from the bonus menu!  Was not looking forward to an entire second runthrough of the game just to get another shot at doing a puzzle under 60 seconds.  Although...I got one of the "puzzles under 60 seconds" trophies by moving a bunch of junk around and picking up a crowbar.  I wouldn't call that a puzzle.  Hopefully just running through the puzzles listed in the bonus menu counts?

Edited by themindisacity

2 hours ago, themindisacity said:

I did notice that - and in the Options menu, you can actually check "hidden object puzzles" to replace those puzzles you were talking about with "traditional" word-bank HO puzzles.

Also, really good to know you can just replay puzzles from the bonus menu!  Was not looking forward to an entire second runthrough of the game just to get another shot at doing a puzzle under 60 seconds.  Although...I got one of the "puzzles under 60 seconds" trophies by moving a bunch of junk around and picking up a crowbar.  I wouldn't call that a puzzle.  Hopefully just running through the puzzles listed in the bonus menu counts?

oh, I think you're confused - just like I was. You can replay all the puzzles and HOGs but I don't think they count as your 'under 1 min' in this section. I'll try, as I only have a few I didn't do very quick but I'm thinking you have to do it in-game to achieve them.

I know it's true for if you skip - I had an issue with a painting puzzle, I accidentally left th4e puzzle mid-way and upon returning I couldn't colour it in anymore. So I  had to skip it. I replayed that puzzle in the menu - didn't count. So I have to play again anyway.

10 hours ago, turniplord said:

The story is pretty good as well - it's not jumpy or scary but it's a lot darker than the AM titles. The dev left an update on their FB page saying that part 2 has been in dev for 4 years and has gone back and forth through various teams and the final version isn't up to his standard - so he is going back to correct the issues, tweak the story and make it what he really envisioned - so it may be about 4-6 months before we see part 2 and then about a year after that part 3 should come out.

In regards to using a guide - yeah, there are some out there but the game isn't hard - you can play through it without ever using skip and get through it just fine. Completing the puzzles in under a minute is gonna be a pain but with a guide, it will be easier - but I recommend maybe doing that on your second play and just enjoy it yourself the first time? Also, the controls aren't as smooth as AM titles - I've reported this and they are looking into it - the movement is a bit slow using the stick - I advise using the touchpad as it works great and it's really smooth and accurate. 

My recommendation - try out the free demo on PSN, if you like it, pick it up - funds from this is going towards part 2 and 3 and the game itself is really good :) I have an official review going up tomorrow some time about it :)

Thank you very much for your post my friend :)
It helped me a lot to decide if i am going to buy it now or later! ?

I don't think it's possible to platinum it. I've tried replaying hidden object scenes and puzzles that I thought I didn't get within the time limit during my play through, but those don't seem to count towards trophy progress (you can check that in-game). So I think you have to actually do all of them during the game itself. No second chances. Besides that, some puzzles are just impossible to solve within the time limit because certain animations take too long (the knights, for example) or because of the awkward controls (pretty much everything that requires a lot of interaction on small objects).

Still, it's a fun game. It's darker than the Artifex Mundi games, and a little harder too. I like it, but I do hope they'll patch it to make the trophies at least possible.

Well I have only one minigame that I don't know how to beat in time: Atomic Memory. Some others are hard but doable. I trained the knight for 3 to 4 hours before I finally succeeded. Just learned the colors by heart and also the sweet spots. Some areas are really hard to hit. I think it's more accurate in-game though than in "training mode". which is a good point. I can confirm that you have to do the puzzles and HOGs in-game for them to count. You can however upload the game save after every finished mini-game and reload on failure. That's how I could finish all the mini games in the given time frame except for memory of course. What is nice is that you can see if you failed the time limit in the game's trophy list.