Crown Guide.

LordNEET

5 minutes ago, Celesteela said:

Yes, and to be honest I find that more slow and frustrating - it takes longer to kill monsters, and everyone always wants to do Legiana last.

It is slow, but relying on other people's luck often helps me to get the crowns that refuse to drop otherwise. I already had both crowns for Legiana so I can't confirm if event drops them or not.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, abhinandhan22 said:

Wow approx how many times did u have to join an sos for a monster before u got a crown for it?

I have on average 30-40 kills per monster. Going off my guild card:

great Jagras - 35

kulu ya ku - 44

pukei pukei - 37

barroth - 37

jyuratodus - 40

tobi Kadachi - 30

ajanath - 32

rathian - 27

tzitzi ya ku - 26

paolumu - 24

great giross - 41

Radobaan - 33

legiana - 31

odogaron - 68

rathalos - 36

diablos - 39

kirin - 35

dodogama - 18 ( I had to do investigations to max research, crowns were done at 10 kills )

pink rathian - 28

bazelgeuse - 39

lavasioth - 18

urugaan - 24

azure rathalos - 35

black diablos - 29

nergigante - 28

teostra - 25

kushula Daora - 23

vaal hazak - 112

ive done arena meanwhile tho n continued playing past the plat so some numbers are probably lower when I ended the crown farm. 

Also I made custom shoutouts to alert people I joined in an SOS call that a monster which was not necessarily the kill target, might be a small or big crown. Most people would drop the quest target and go after the crown monster with me.

In the cases I knew for certain the non quest target was a crown monster and the host & others refused to help. A neat trick to stay on the quest but by yourself is to hop out of the game and disconnect from the internet ( or you could run a network test on the PlayStation ). You’re up against a multiplayer monster by yourself though so don’t bother doing this with 15 min targets.

also on Vaal when I knew it was the gold crown I had been hunting for over a 100 kills ( I saw so many silver ones that I could clearly see the difference  in size )

it was a 3 faint quest but two guys went down for the count quite quickly. I used the same network trick as described above so avoid failing the quest due to random players dying. Just make sure you have enough time to get back into game as with all other players gone they will come after you and it would be a shame to waste the final faint while being afk^^

3 minutes ago, nyonmyan said:

It is slow, but relying on other people's luck often helps me to get the crowns that refuse to drop otherwise. I already had both crowns for Legiana so I can't confirm if event drops them or not.

Other people's luck seems to run the other way - I've seen nothing but small ones in SOS quests. I've had a few myself that I thought might be silvers, but naturally silvers are useless, so.

I think they either took it out or just didn't increase the spawn rate for crowns in this quest.

4 minutes ago, Celesteela said:

Other people's luck seems to run the other way - I've seen nothing but small ones in SOS quests. I've had a few myself that I thought might be silvers, but naturally silvers are useless, so.

I think they either took it out or just didn't increase the spawn rate for crowns in this quest.

I wish I have your luck, I have been only getting big legianas until I get the mini one. 

7 minutes ago, Xx_Madara_GG90 said:

I have on average 30-40 kills per monster. Going off my guild card:

great Jagras - 35

kulu ya ku - 44

pukei pukei - 37

barroth - 37

jyuratodus - 40

tobi Kadachi - 30

ajanath - 32

rathian - 27

tzitzi ya ku - 26

paolumu - 24

great giross - 41

Radobaan - 33

legiana - 31

odogaron - 68

rathalos - 36

diablos - 39

kirin - 35

dodogama - 18 ( I had to do investigations to max research, crowns were done at 10 kills )

pink rathian - 28

bazelgeuse - 39

lavasioth - 18

urugaan - 24

azure rathalos - 35

black diablos - 29

nergigante - 28

teostra - 25

kushula Daora - 23

vaal hazak - 112

ive done arena meanwhile tho n continued playing past the plat so some numbers are probably lower when I ended the crown farm. 

Also I made custom shoutouts to alert people I joined in an SOS call that a monster which was not necessarily the kill target, might be a small or big crown. Most people would drop the quest target and go after the crown monster with me.

In the cases I knew for certain the non quest target was a crown monster and the host & others refused to help. A neat trick to stay on the quest but by yourself is to hop out of the game and disconnect from the internet ( or you could run a network test on the PlayStation ). You’re up against a multiplayer monster by yourself though so don’t bother doing this with 15 min targets.

also on Vaal when I knew it was the gold crown I had been hunting for over a 100 kills ( I saw so many silver ones that I could clearly see the difference  in size )

it was a 3 faint quest but two guys went down for the count quite quickly. I used the same network trick as described above so avoid failing the quest due to random players dying. Just make sure you have enough time to get back into game as with all other players gone they will come after you and it would be a shame to waste the final faint while being afk^^

Thanks for the numbers. So far my monster count looks quite similar to yours. If i remember correctly i dont havw a single monster over 50 kills. Only problem i have is telling if the monster is big or small for the stuff i have left.

Edited by abhinandhan22

4 minutes ago, VaR0_XxTh3b said:

I wish I have your luck, I have been only getting big legianas until I get the mini one. 

I would gladly trade you. Do you know how big a Legiana has to be before the game actually lets you have a crown? I've only been fighting the ones that have knees taller than me, but it's getting me nowhere...

Just now, Celesteela said:

I would gladly trade you. Do you know how big a Legiana has to be before the game actually lets you have a crown? I've only been fighting the ones that have knees taller than me, but it's getting me nowhere...

I never measured it on the ground. When it seemed big enough to black out the sun I knew it was the right one ^^

Just now, Celesteela said:

Well for me, when I was standing right under her, i couldn't see her body and her wings, I killed two like that, one bigger than the other, the second time, it was the gold crown. If you want, u can add me, and If I see a big Legiana I will message you.

2 hours ago, Celesteela said:

I've given up on Coral Waltz and gone back to regular Investigations, because I honestly do not believe it can spawn a gold crown Legiana. It doesn't matter how big they appear, they're not big enough. It's gone beyond the point of bad luck at this point.

It can spawn mini and gold for all 4 just bad luck keep trying.

• Like 1

Manged to get an uragaan small crown through sos method and the azure in that investigation looked ridiculously small as well so i purposely Disconnected and capped both but Azure was the smallest i had fought so far but no crown. I think this might be my record no of crowns for the amt of time i played today. Played a total of 5-5-6hrs and got 4crowns. All through the sos method of joining high rank players

4 hours ago, wackt1 said:

is anyone having trouble with the coral watz quest for getting gold crowns for a large and small paloma\u and a large tzizi-ya -ku? is it connected to my research level too?

It's always some monster that is giving me trouble, pure RNG have nothing to do with your research level.

This week got 7/8 crown within an hour and another 10-15+ hours for large crown Legiana :)

2 hours ago, xDriverZero said:

It's always some monster that is giving me trouble, pure RNG have nothing to do with your research level.

This week got 7/8 crown within an hour and another 10-15+ hours for large crown Legiana :)

glad im not the only one