Crown Guide.

LordNEET

I reaaaaallly hope Deviljho and any of the future monsters they release don't count towards the crown trophies, or have crown trophies of their own...that'd be a nightmare. Given that one of the rumoured monsters for future release is Oroshi Kirin as well...yeah, the sooner I get those last crowns, the better. xD

EDIT: I just had a small Dodogama that was exactly 1000.00 (lol) but Azure Rathalos is looking set to be my new Kirin...every single one I come across is freakin' massive.

Edited by Celesteela

Caught a giant Legiana during the Coral Waltz event yesterday (Giant Gold Crown: 2107.69)

If anyone still needs it, I made a video showing how big it should be when standing next to it's legs (see below).

Got all 8 crowns from the event, so I can confirm they all drop there.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fx6w1m4qxp4n71y/Monster Hunter World Measure Giant Legiana.mp4?dl=0

I don't suppose anyone knows what a mini Azure Rathalos looks like, do they? I don't think you can tell by the legs...it's very frustrating, as literally every single one I've encountered in both my own hunts and other people's has been exactly the same size...save for two that I've had that have been absolutely massive. I'm not sure how small I need to be watching for...

21 minutes ago, Celesteela said:

I don't suppose anyone knows what a mini Azure Rathalos looks like, do they? I don't think you can tell by the legs...it's very frustrating, as literally every single one I've encountered in both my own hunts and other people's has been exactly the same size...save for two that I've had that have been absolutely massive. I'm not sure how small I need to be watching for...

Same problem here. I fought one early on that looked ridiculously small and i was dead certain it was the crown. it turned out to be smallest but no crown. everything i have fought since then looks slightly bigger than that one but my paranoia makes me kill them and i get no update...

3 hours ago, abhinandhan22 said:

Same problem here. I fought one early on that looked ridiculously small and i was dead certain it was the crown. it turned out to be smallest but no crown. everything i have fought since then looks slightly bigger than that one but my paranoia makes me kill them and i get no update...

I've done a few more, and I *think* the easiest way to tell might be by tail size. In Elder's Recess at least, he's always sitting down at the start of the quest close to the Northwest Camp (the one closest to where Nergigante is) and that gives you plenty of time to measure him. The tail would need to be slightly below half your height at its highest point though I think, as I've had one around there and had nothing, so it might have been slightly too big...

The only downside to that method is that you can't really join an SOS and do it straight away, unless you flash bomb him down or someone cuts it off. I've noticed definite differences in size, though.

EDIT: Got it! You want a tail that reaches around your waist for a small crown Azure Rath.

Edited by Celesteela
  • Like 1

On 3/6/2018 at 2:01 PM, leandroxpto said:

Does this week special arena event quest with Radobaan and and odogaron has higher crown spawns? Thanks in advance

No i ran it like 4 times and never got anything

4 hours ago, JaykVale said:

Caught a giant Legiana during the Coral Waltz event yesterday (Giant Gold Crown: 2107.69)

If anyone still needs it, I made a video showing how big it should be when standing next to it's legs (see below).

Got all 8 crowns from the event, so I can confirm they all drop there.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fx6w1m4qxp4n71y/Monster Hunter World Measure Giant Legiana.mp4?dl=0

Man I got a giant leginia to but we slayed it so fast I couldnt measure it lol

6 hours ago, Celesteela said:

I've done a few more, and I *think* the easiest way to tell might be by tail size. In Elder's Recess at least, he's always sitting down at the start of the quest close to the Northwest Camp (the one closest to where Nergigante is) and that gives you plenty of time to measure him. The tail would need to be slightly below half your height at its highest point though I think, as I've had one around there and had nothing, so it might have been slightly too big...

The only downside to that method is that you can't really join an SOS and do it straight away, unless you flash bomb him down or someone cuts it off. I've noticed definite differences in size, though.

EDIT: Got it! You want a tail that reaches around your waist for a small crown Azure Rath.

Thanks for the tip. Will try this method out today and hopefully i get it as well

17 minutes ago, ErdoKa90 said:

I got a investigation with dodogma lavia and azure rathalos with 2 bronze and 2 gold rewards... no silver reward there can i get a goldcrown there too? Sry for my bad english^^

8 try,50 min,3 faints,2 player btw

I think its possible but the chances would be a lot lower

47 minutes ago, abhinandhan22 said:

I think its possible but the chances would be a lot lower

Thank you ... i should stick with the 3 try ones.... got for 3 days not a single crown and now in like 1 hours i got a small azure rathalos and a big radobaan... i hate rng :P but well only like 10 crowns to platinum

17 minutes ago, ErdoKa90 said:

Thank you ... i should stick with the 3 try ones.... got for 3 days not a single crown and now in like 1 hours i got a small azure rathalos and a big radobaan... i hate rng :P but well only like 10 crowns to platinum

I am struggling with small azure rathalos now lol. 8 crowns to platinum for me

8 hours ago, Celesteela said:

When its standing up straight right??

12 hours ago, Celesteela said:

His leg will be at your shoulders when he's sitting and a bit below you or at the same level when he stands.

Ok, so what are your methods? 

For example, I have zero crowns for tobi-kadachi (didn't farm enough the first crown event). So I made a few investigation possible for this beast and go out hunt for that fuzzy bastard. And...that's it? Is there any formulaic method, any indicator or higher chance (other than the weekly events), that might slightly make this easier?

1 hour ago, abhinandhan22 said:

Still have 8 left... What ate you hunting for tonight

Going for Giant Urugaan + Giant Azure Rathalos, but currently at work. I'll be at home in ~6 hours. If anyone of you spots any of these, please add me on PSN!

Edited by Erkawest

2 hours ago, grassware said:

Ok, so what are your methods? 

For example, I have zero crowns for tobi-kadachi (didn't farm enough the first crown event). So I made a few investigation possible for this beast and go out hunt for that fuzzy bastard. And...that's it? Is there any formulaic method, any indicator or higher chance (other than the weekly events), that might slightly make this easier?

Few investigations is not enough, I get both crowns with maybe 15 investigations or so. Make sure that all investigations have at least 1 silver + 1 gold reward, or 2 golds and back up your save to USB.

As for indicator, you stand near him and remember how large the specific part of his body is. Then you skip the ones who look average and kill especially small/big ones.

Are we getting a Rotten Vale quest this week?

I just got a large Radobaan, so now all I need is large Dodogama for that trophy...but I need mini Great Girros, Odogaron, and Radobaan. Fortunately those three often come together, but...ugh, I HATE Odogaron, and Great Girros is always tiny =/

4 minutes ago, Celesteela said:

Are we getting a Rotten Vale quest this week?

I just got a large Radobaan, so now all I need is large Dodogama for that trophy...but I need mini Great Girros, Odogaron, and Radobaan. Fortunately those three often come together, but...ugh, I HATE Odogaron, and Great Girros is always tiny =/

how to tell if its a large radobaan?