Crown Guide.

LordNEET

11 minutes ago, TheJadedJay said:

I presume I can't use this for a giant crown if it gave me mini? 

you can, both mini and large crowns can come from the same investigation on repeat tries.

12 minutes ago, TheJadedJay said:

If I fail from a time up, do I still get the crowns?

failing by any means is ok, as is returning.

Abandoning is the only way to leave a quest without keeping the record update.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, spiddel said:

you can, both mini and large crowns can come from the same investigation on repeat tries.

44 minutes ago, spiddel said:

Abandoning is the only way to leave a quest without keeping the record update.

Thank you for clearing that up!
I'm actually quite proud of myself for not being good at this game. I got all the way to the Anja... unfortunately it only gave me a silver giant crown Pukie. 

Edited by TheJadedJay
Added more

6 hours ago, spiddel said:

Really?

Some comments earlier, somebody mentions that each quest is pretermined with a specific range and only moves "one step" (AKA 1344 to 1326 --- or 1344 to 1323) when restarted. But you say it's always random, so always possible to get mini or large crown from the same investigation? Pure RNG?

Edit: Nevermind, misread the thread.

@spiddel

Could you summarize the best tips for crown hunting, since the information is spread out in varius comments/theories and hard to follow up

So far:

*It seems to be better to hunt in investigations with 3-5 tries (3 being the best), tempered or not. Should I delete all investigations with 8 tries?

*Hunt all monsters on the map, even those not required by quest, if the size looks interesting

*It is possible to "Return from quest" to refresh a monster size. "Abandon quest" does not update the size

Edited by Erkawest

4 hours ago, Erkawest said:

@spiddel

Could you summarize the best tips for crown hunting, since the information is spread out in varius comments/theories and hard to follow up

So far:

*It seems to be better to hunt in investigations with 3-5 tries (3 being the best), tempered or not. Should I delete all investigations with 8 tries?

*Hunt all monsters on the map, even those not required by quest, if the size looks interesting

*It is possible to "Return from quest" to refresh a monster size. "Abandon quest" does not update the size

I rarely did 8 repeat ones and would only suggest doing them to get more better quality investigations with Palico Safari set to whatever area the monster you are after appears in (gets you 5 investigations per 5 SUCCESSFUL missions, abandons don't count.)

Abandoning does refresh sizes, it just doesn't trigger the size update mission complete screen at the end so if say you killed one monster unrelated to the quest you were on and wanted to see if it was good enough, you would return to get the mission complete screen, hitting abandon doesn't do that.

So to summarise what I did (after trail and erroring a bunch of shit) I only did investigations with either 3 or 5 initial repeats, ignoring all other factors about the investigation (reward, capture, faints, whatever) 

Then I checked the monsters that were on the map because every investigation has 3 monsters even ones to kill say Great Jargas and if any looked good enough I would kill it and either finish the quest or RETURN FROM QUEST NOT ABANDON.

If none looked good enough I abandoned.

There is a bunch of ways to tell how big/small something is, some people put down barrel bombs as a measuring aid, i found this doesn't work as well in worlds as the ground isn't flat the majority of the time so I just eyeballed it and went by the height of my hunter vs say the back leg of a Legiana to judge them (if my hunter was taller than the back leg of a legiana for example I would kill it to see if it was small.) You could take screenshots or hit the record button after the fact to go get a look at a monster if it was a size update for example, no set best way to do it everyone will be different.

Hope this helps, I would wait until someone does more research into this before putting it in a guide however as when this comes out on PC it will be datamined and everything will be explained to the last detail, though some people here are reporting success with the logic I used (and the first guy to do it confirmed he did the exact same thing) so maybe there is more to it than just good RNG.

Edited by spiddel
  • Like 2

is there alr report from this week event quest ?

what i got from "Deep Green Blues" all in gold

(updated)

Smallest  976.30 & largest 1364.88 Great jagras

Smallest 981.18 Largest 1344.99 Pukei-Pukei

Largest 2008.68 Anjanath

Largest 2113.23 Rathalos

SFV Event  automatic gold

Largest 3153.40 Barroth

Edited by sibuls

Well, I recevied many messages asking for tips so I 'd like to share some.
1. Don't farm the monsters in optional. i found no crown there according to my own experience.
2. Farm crowns in high rank investigations with multi-target/15min/faint 1 time and so on. btw the tempered one is not required
3. You don't have to kill every monster. Compare its size to your (character's) height and reset the quest if its size is neigher huge or tiny

Apology for poor english, and good luck everyone 

• Like 4

Well I can't say for everyone but copying investigations that have been posted here hasn't worked what so ever I have obtained no crowns at all from those same missions. But I can say doing missions with less tries works so much better last night I managed 4 mini crowns and 1 large just from 3 investigations maybe it was just luck I'm not too sure 

3 hours ago, Juras said:

RNG is hilarious in this game, i hunted ~40 event Raths to finally get mini crown.

Yup, took me around 40 or 50 to get giant Great Jagras.

Has there been any news on whether or not there will be more events like this with multiple monsters?

EDIT: Saw that someone linked to this: http://www.monsterhunterworld.com/eventquest/MHW_EventQuest_EN.pdf

Looks like there will be more event quests for other areas like this one. Great news!

Edited by k_Reign
Adding answer to my own question

2 hours ago, k_Reign said:

Has there been any news on whether or not there will be more events like this with multiple monsters?

EDIT: Saw that someone linked to this: http://www.monsterhunterworld.com/eventquest/MHW_EventQuest_EN.pdf

Looks like there will be more event quests for other areas like this one. Great news!

Nice this mean farming on elder dragons and the last area monsters first

9 hours ago, Woodzy_5 said:

Well I can't say for everyone but copying investigations that have been posted here hasn't worked what so ever I have obtained no crowns at all from those same missions. But I can say doing missions with less tries works so much better last night I managed 4 mini crowns and 1 large just from 3 investigations maybe it was just luck I'm not too sure 

yeah the info in the OP is worse than useless to be honest, should probably be edited or remade as it's just going to lead to lots of wasted time.

• Like 1

i asked this question in another thread but as this place is more crowded i think we can get quicker results, actually topic suits here better, anyway.. 

I wonder if these current and upcoming events which offer under 6 ? quest has any chance to include mini or large crowns? 

such as current 2 star jagras event or upcoming 4 star kulu yaku event.. 

14 minutes ago, Darpiom said:

i asked this question in another thread but as this place is more crowded i think we can get quicker results, actually topic suits here better, anyway.. 

I wonder if these current and upcoming events which offer under 6 ? quest has any chance to include mini or large crowns? 

such as current 2 star jagras event or upcoming 4 star kulu yaku event.. 

5 hours ago, k_Reign said:

Will i haven't test it out yet but as far as i know the more monsters in the mission the higher the chance for crown so i hope wildspire bolero & coral waltz are the same as deep green blues

Edited by dark69knight