My PlayStation -- Thoughts?

Justin__Harris

So it was announced on Sony's PlayStation Blog that they're going to be launching My PlayStation, "a new social destination on web. Conveniently access and engage with key PlayStation Network features on PC, Mac, mobile phones and tablets. It’s a great way to stay tapped in with your friends and the PlayStation community when you’re away from your PlayStation 4."

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/02/21/introducing-my-playstation-a-new-social-destination-on-the-web/

Basically it looks like they're just trying to integrate your profile feature from your PSN account and do their best to provide a social media experience. Seems neat, but all I think is that it's like PSNProfiles and PlayStation Trophies, but not nearly as good because it obviously lacks guides and the like. I probably won't use it.

But anyway, what is everyone else's thoughts regarding it?

Its not really working well with my mobile phone (android). Where is even messages from friends?? I see it nowhere. I can send but nothing else. Unlike on PC where I have a messages drop down menu.

43 minutes ago, Katt said:

Nothing new. The whole "my playstation" thing was already there, almost no one knew about it. I used it in the past to chat with some people, you can type faster with a keyboard. The "hidden function" to change your avatar, personal info and privacy was already there too. The ability to delete games with 0% is not there yet and it was disabled on the PS App.

to sum it up: thanks for nothing, Sony.

Came here to say this.

• Like 1

All I want is to be able to sort/view my downloads in some sort of order.... games; dlc; avatars; themes etc. 

The current options are a complete fkn shambles with no rhyme or reason that gets even more messed up everytime your PS+ kicks over into a new year.

At one point it showed I had purchased/downloaded 2100+ items...

Now it says 1583... wtf?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, damage_6-9 said:

All I want is to be able to sort/view my downloads in some sort of order.... games; dlc; avatars; themes etc. 

The current options are a complete fkn shambles with no rhyme or reason that gets even more messed up everytime your PS+ kicks over into a new year.

At one point it showed I had purchased/downloaded 2100+ items...

Now it says 1583... wtf?

Do yourself a favor and grab PSDLE.

• Like 2

This is fantastic for me.

I'm one of those guys who refuses to download unnecessary apps. I use a loophole to send messages through the mobile site of Facebook for example, I will NEVER download Messenger. I downloaded the PS Messages app the other day for five minutes to send a long reply to an IRL friend who has killed his Facebook and it sucked. I finally replied to his reply this morning through My PlayStation and it was so simple and actually worked without a useless extra download. I will be using this website every time I need to send a message now. Like, I still help out people with Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD's online trophy and sending messages for that is the worst on console, so this is gonna be real convenient for me.

It's like 10 years late, but as they say, better late than never.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

It looks like someone didn't read the replies... We've been able to send PSN messages on playstation.com for ages. This is nothing new.

I think he means the social functions are 10 years late.... kinda like how XBOX 360 had your profile avatars and party functions, etc. it was much more social media for it's time than PSN was.

Image for demonstration:

Xbox-360-NXE-3.jpg

Notice how it's based on personalization and friends at the forefront. 

I think they want to create that social experience with this new "MyPlaystation"

Edited by DARKB1KE
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, DARKB1KE said:

I think he means the social functions are 10 years late.... kinda like how XBOX 360 had your profile avatars and party functions, etc. it was much more social media for it's time than PSN was.

Image for demonstration:

Xbox-360-NXE-3.jpg

But he was specifically talking about messages... And we didn't just get these "social media functions". We've had them ever since the the PS4 launched, so I don't see what you're really talking about...

1 minute ago, Undead Wolf said:

We've had them ever since the the PS4 launched,

Not really, PS4 is terrible for customization.  We just recently got the update to allow for profile pictures/backgrounds lol. 

I'm talking about the abstract, the customization social features to make something "yours".  You probably don't understand what I mean but that's fine. 

Edited by DARKB1KE
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Undead Wolf said:

It looks like someone didn't read the replies... We've been able to send PSN messages on playstation.com for ages. This is nothing new.

As far as I know, you've never been able to with an Aussie account. Could be entirely wrong mind you, but I've never heard of it and I've never been able to do it myself.

5 hours ago, Katt said:

Nothing new. The whole "my playstation" thing was already there, almost no one knew about it. I used it in the past to chat with some people, you can type faster with a keyboard. The "hidden function" to change your avatar, personal info and privacy was already there too. The ability to delete games with 0% is not there yet and it was disabled on the PS App.

to sum it up: thanks for nothing, Sony.

My thoughts exactly. It was just the fact that they're making a whole big announcement like it's a special thing and trendsetting.

Now if only they'd put as much effort into this, as they would at getting their OS and servers to work without constantly seeing the :triangle::circle::cross::square: loading icons over and over. Seems like that'd be a better use of their time. Then again, it's Sony. They're #1 and don't have to do shit. Lol.

12 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

Do yourself a favor and grab PSDLE.

PSDLE is a nonstarter, can't install it, go to paste the javascript in the header- store drops out....., manually enter- same result; tried it with the chrome extension- nada; tried it with firefox- zip..

Shame though, seemed like a nice solution to Sony's complete indifference to making things manageable.

Edited by damage_6-9