“Add to my Collection” Tab

TurtlePM

I thought of this idea before, I think it would be really cool and helpful. 

I currently have a microsoft word document of my backlog but a feature on here would be much better and helpful to a lot of people that like to keep track. 

Edited by willmill97

1 minute ago, ExHaseo said:

I mean, if you already own the game, then you can just boot it up once, and the list will be added. 0% lists don't affect your overall completion.

It's not about affecting my overall completion (on this site), it's about my profile itself. I have around 200 games that I haven't started yet and I don't want 200 games ranked as F or 0% in it.

2 minutes ago, TurtlePM said:

It's not about affecting my overall completion (on this site), it's about my profile itself. I have around 200 games that I haven't started yet and I don't want 200 games ranked as F or 0% in it.

If you have 200 games at 0%, then you have 200 games at 0%. Putting them on your profile will be a more accurate representation of list. Also, if the rank F bothers you that much, then putting them on will be way more motivation to actually play them than just putting them on a list that affects nothing.

This has been suggested before, but has never been implemented. My best guess is that it's because this is a stat tracking site, not a game tracking or backlog site. Having a list of games separate from your stats kind of defeats the purpose.

1 hour ago, ExHaseo said:

If you have 200 games at 0%, then you have 200 games at 0%. Putting them on your profile will be a more accurate representation of list. Also, if the rank F bothers you that much, then putting them on will be way more motivation to actually play them than just putting them on a list that affects nothing.

This has been suggested before, but has never been implemented. My best guess is that it's because this is a stat tracking site, not a game tracking or backlog site. Having a list of games separate from your stats kind of defeats the purpose.

Maybe because what I’m trying to say is to add a new tab, not to add those games in the main profile list. That said, it doesn’t oblige people to have 500 games and only 100 completed, just so they can show all the games they own.

If you think this affects nothing, what do you have to say about the Level Tab? It only has infos about “you raised to Level X with this trophy”, nothing else. What is it more usefull than a tab with all your games collection?

I don’t need any kind of motivation to start or not to start any game: I start them whenever I feel I want to play them. This is just an extra list so people can see what games you own and have them sorted by how you want, without Hiding Them or before they start. I thought Micro Machines was my rarest platinum of all my games, until I made this list and noticed that it wasn’t.

my best guess about few stuff being implemented is because not always an adm or other responsible  checks these posts and give their opinion. It’s the third I give as feedback and none of them had an answer, and from what people said, they weren’t so bad... does this reach them and they just ignore them? I don’t know...

Edited by TurtlePM

58 minutes ago, TurtlePM said:

Maybe because what I’m trying to say is to add a new tab, not to add those games in the main profile list. That said, it doesn’t oblige people to have 500 games and only 100 completed, just so they can show all the games they own.

If you think this affects nothing, what do you have to say about the Level Tab? It only has infos about “you raised to Level X with this trophy”, nothing else. What is it more usefull than a tab with all your games collection?

I don’t need any kind of motivation to start or not to start any game: I start them whenever I feel I want to play them. This is just an extra list so people can see what games you own and have them sorted by how you want, without Hiding Them or before they start. I thought Micro Machines was my rarest platinum of all my games, until I made this list and noticed that it wasn’t.

my best guess about few stuff being implemented is because not always an adm or other responsible  checks these posts and give their opinion. It’s the third I give as feedback and none of them had an answer, and from what people said, they weren’t so bad... does this reach them and they just ignore them? I don’t know...

I know what you're trying to say, I'm just saying that it kind of goes against the point of the site.

This site is based on showing many different kinds of stats. Having a tab that shows what trophy got you up a level is pretty in-line with that. It's also a feature that you can't really get anywhere else, and it would be very difficult to figure out on your own. Anyone can make a list pretty easily, and there are plenty of other sites where you can list out your games.

Why is it so important to have it on this site anyway? If you just want a list of your games that have no effect on anything, there are plenty of other sites that let you make a list, and plenty of programs that you can make a list with. There's also the trophy checklist section of the forums where you can make a list. This site is based off of tracking stats for games you've played on your PSN profile. Not for compiling a list of games you own. So having a feature like this is largely against the point of the site, unless it affects your stats in some way. In which case, it would be the same as just booting up the game and adding it to your profile.

8 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:

I know what you're trying to say, I'm just saying that it kind of goes against the point of the site.

This site is based on showing many different kinds of stats. Having a tab that shows what trophy got you up a level is pretty in-line with that. It's also a feature that you can't really get anywhere else, and it would be very difficult to figure out on your own. Anyone can make a list pretty easily, and there are plenty of other sites where you can list out your games.

Why is it so important to have it on this site anyway? If you just want a list of your games that have no effect on anything, there are plenty of other sites that let you make a list, and plenty of programs that you can make a list with. There's also the trophy checklist section of the forums where you can make a list. This site is based off of tracking stats for games you've played on your PSN profile. Not for compiling a list of games you own. So having a feature like this is largely against the point of the site, unless it affects your stats in some way. In which case, it would be the same as just booting up the game and adding it to your profile.

I understand what you are trying to say. I already use vgcollect to place my collection there.

Check the image I uploaded in the first topic. I had to insert all my games with platinum and the ones I haven’t started yet. Instead doing this manually, I could simply use a “add to collection” button here to all my games and the Rarity would update automatically. This is why I’m suggesting this tab, instead every 6 months check every game again and Update their platinum rarity, here they were always updated. It’s just like adding a trophy to your cabinet, just a button away.

This is very important to me? No, I just did it last night and I though “I have to update this crap again later”, if there was a chance to copy psnprofiles data from that particular trophy and update that value in excel (or other program), I wouldn’t suggest that. I don’t think this is totally off-topic or against the site purpose either, but each one has their opinion and I understand yours.

Also, I don’t think this takes to much time in programming: just create a new tab and a button to add each game there, just like “Trophy Cabinet”.

I’m not a premium member yet because I don’t see good perks becoming one. But if they would do this just for premium, my lifetime license would be bought right away :)

4 hours ago, ExHaseo said:

this is a stat tracking site

59 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:

it kind of goes against the point of the site.

I disagree with this premise. If this sit was "just a stat tracking site" there wouldn't be a forum, no group sessions, no guides, etc. This site is MUCH more than just tracking stats. Are stats important to this site? Yes. But it isn't the sole purpose.

A back log would be amazing imo. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dmland12 said:

I think it's a good idea and I'd probably use it.  There's one other trophy site I know of that does something similar.

Which one?

I like truetrophies, but it’s rate in games are all wrong, I don’t know why :/

On 2/28/2018 at 9:19 AM, TurtlePM said:

Yesterday I was creating (another) list on excel based on PSNProfiles rarity and I came up with this idea.

Glad I'm not the only one who does this :D

Great idea though, I definitely would love this feature. 

• 1 month later...
On 2/28/2018 at 4:19 PM, Ryuzaki1993 said:

I'm doing it on Microsoft Access...Anyway I doubt it could be implemented here on PSNProfiles.

Never thought about it, but makes sense :)

I just wanted something easier and automatically from PSNP.

This is how I do manually each month:

CAPA.jpg

Orange - Already Started

Blue - Already Platinum

Purple - Games from NA account (humblebundle basically)

White - Backlog

Edited by TurtlePM

I like this idea. This is the only reason I use other sites and it would be nice to be a "one-stop-shop" sort of thing. I also like being able to mark what DLC I own (it doesn't have to affect stats or anything), having stats of how many trophies I have completed, and being able to mark games "done" or "not owned" and not having them show up in the gaming collection. It doesn't have to affect the main profile at all. Of course, PSNP should put it's own spin and abilities on it as well. 

I second the OP's idea. Truth be told, I do not have a personal file for my game collection (even though I should) nor I have had any interest in using this game-listing feature by registering at another site but, having those features here would probably make me start using them.

Not sure how difficult it would be for the web team to apply such features to the site though.

42 minutes ago, Honor_Hand said:

I second the OP's idea. Truth be told, I do not have a personal file for my game collection (even though I should) nor I have had any interest in using this game-listing feature by registering at another site but, having those features here would probably make me start using them.

Not sure how difficult it would be for the web team to apply such features to the site though.

I’m no web designer but the most difficult part might be create a new tab on each profile.

like I mentioned before, a simple button just like “add to trophy cabinet” would be enough to add any game in our collection.

overall, I think it’s not that difficult.

but I honestly would like a feedback from them :/