Platinum trophies you gave up on

willmill97

Like many others, I too gave up on Batman: Arkham Asylum. The combat challenges broke me. Because of that, I never even bothered to try the ones in Arkham City. They just stopped being fun for me -- and I was already missing one of the Arkham plats, so why not make it two?

I also recently gave up on Okabu. The two grinding trophies in that game are just way too annoying. The PS4 is coming soon and my PS3 backlog is too large to waste any more time killing Dozabots and farming cloudberries.

On the Vita front, I'm just about to give up on Silent Hill: Book of Memories. I'll stick with it long enough to beat the game, but there's no way in hell I'm sticking around any longer than that.

Edited by DreamInInfrared

Jak & Daxter Vita version. 

First of all the vita version of the game is terrible, not worth the money. But the fact that it's a terrible port is not the reason I gave up. I got to the part where you have to protect Farthy's Snacks, complete it and you get a trophy but in the Vita version you have to use the touchscreen.. I didn't, and because of that I have to start the game again to get it. 

Screw that. 

• Dead Nation. It's IMPOSSIBLE for me to pass level 4 on Morbid difficulty. Yes, I suck at this game...  :(

• White Knight Chronicles. I have every trophy except the silver and gold coin purses. Technically I can earn them even with the servers offline, but it would take me forever. 

I have a large list of games i gave up on out of boredom. But the 1 i would really put down as me giving up on was Star Ocean Last Hope International. What a headache of a grinder that game is. The Battle Trophies (ingame, not PSN trophies) are ridiculous. I did most of them but the real grinders which was killing 30,000 enemies each with 2 of the characters. I spent a few days doing this for 1 character and didnt hit the half way mark. You need unshakeable motivation to plat that game. Plus the difficulty trophies are unstackable because you have to complete it on the highest available difficulty to unlock the next. There are several difficulty trophies.

Also a huge regret giving up on the plat. Spent so much time on it.

Back when I was still excited for the game, I was really trying to platinum Street Fighter x Tekken but a good chunk of the trophies are like, "Do this 500 times" o.o (I'm used to seeing like 100 or something, mind you) When I started realizing the game wasn't that great, I pretty much just gave up on it and now I regret buying it altogether. :T

Metal Gear Rising Revengeance, Metal Gear Solid 2 and Battlefield 3.

As much as i love this two games getting a platinum on any of these two is nearly impossible for me because of the VR Missions and because i suck at parrying...and as for BF3 my mic is broken and i don't really see a point in getting another one. 

Why do you need a mic for BF3? If it's for bullseye, it's quite easy without mic and make sure they know what they are doing and then just keep retrying until you get it.

Why do you need a mic for BF3? If it's for bullseye, it's quite easy without mic and make sure they know what they are doing and then just keep retrying until you get it.

To talk with my partner. I tried a bunch of times without a mic, it's impossible...also it's 2 trophies Bullseye and Ninjas and besides I got tired from BF3.

• 1 month later...

Not including games that have nearly-impossible-to-get-online-trophies nowadays, I have mainly given up hope on Sly 3, those challenges are a real pain.

That reminds me:

What's the difference between Sly 3 and a wife?

....After 10 years, Sly 3 still sucks  :ninja:

• Like 2