Soufwar

Lets talk about the curious case of Demon’s Souls

39 posts in this topic

This is truly something. The problem is you can't tell if it's done with the private servers anway, if the trophies pop in the right order of course. If you do this however I'd be really careful when you get the weapons trophies, otherwise this could easily be flagged.

 

Personally I wouldn't do it, because you can obtain everything legitimately pretty easy as is with all the glitches this game has anyway.

Edited by Joker
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As described, it's using an external, unauthorized piece of software to make getting trophies easier. How could that be considered anything other than cheating?

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you explain how private servers works?In GTA 5 bounty feature is officially disabled and getting bounty trophy will get you flagged since there is no way to tell if it's legit (getting bounty before shutdown) or not legit (via hacker).

But in Demon Souls i believe you couldn't get items before world 1-1 and there is a trophy for beating the boss in 1-1 so if you have that trophy before shutdown you will not get flagged unless you beat some bosses out of order.

I would like to know that as well i missed the opportunity for items.But first this method should be approved by the team or guide writers.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Obviously the DeS case only applies to trophy lists that obviously look like they were dropped items for, which wouldn't be possible with the online shutdown, but it would be if you were to log in to the private servers. Basically someone or some people reverse engineered how the game's online works and set up private servers, to which people can join by pretty much just changing some network settings on their consoles.

 

The question here is whether those trophy lists that clearly are not possible without doing the game online should be flagged now that there is no offficial online. The comparison point for this is the one unobtainable GTA5 trophy, which Rockstar made impossible to earn in GTA online, but which is still possible to earn with hackers.

 

The argument that could be made in that case is that the GTA V bounty does not even require you to log to a different server. All you have to do is to play the game normally and just run into someone who modded their console/game.So if that is going to get flagged for being illegitimate, I don't see how DeS shouldn't.

 

GTA V: Another person did some hacking. You happen to be playing on the same server without even being aware of it.

DeS: Another person did some hacking. You are choosing to participate by playing on the server.

 

For the record, it's not that I'm arguing for any personal motive whether or not either of these things should be considered earning trophies in an illegitimate fashion. Just providing the comparison

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Joker said:

This is truly something. The problem is you can't tell if it's done with the private servers anway, if the trophies pop in the right order of course. If you do this however I'd be really careful when you get the weapons trophies, otherwise this could easily be flagged.

 

Personally I wouldn't do it, because you can obtain everything legitimately pretty easy as is with all the glitches this game has anyway.

Exactly, you can get away with any hacking if you’re smart enough not to get noticed, it doesn’t make sense in my opinion, people consider the red dead redemption hack to be a flagable offense but no one can really prove it if you stop playing for 2-3 weeks and come back and do it you’ll have it look natural! Same thing here, you can enjoy the game then go to that lobby and get what you want or only hack the hardest trophy. My opinion and this is just my opinion, this server is run by people who want keep the game going and it’s not a “hacked” server because it’s the legit game running on a private server. So what’s the deal if you want get your trophies the same way you’ll get them from the main game if the servers still existed? 

3 minutes ago, IDiivil said:

Obviously the DeS case only applies to trophy lists that obviously look like they were dropped items for, which wouldn't be possible with the online shutdown, but it would be if you were to log in to the private servers. Basically someone or some people reverse engineered how the game's online works and set up private servers, to which people can join by pretty much just changing some network settings on their consoles.

 

The question here is whether those trophy lists that clearly are not possible without doing the game online should be flagged now that there is no offficial online. The comparison point for this is the one unobtainable GTA5 trophy, which Rockstar made impossible to earn in GTA online, but which is still possible to earn with hackers.

 

The argument that could be made in that case is that the GTA V bounty does not even require you to log to a different server. All you have to do is to play the game normally and just run into someone who modded their console/game.So if that is going to get flagged for being illegitimate, I don't see how DeS shouldn't.

 

GTA V: Another person did some hacking. You happen to be playing on the same server without even being aware of it.

DeS: Another person did some hacking. You are choosing to participate by playing on the server.

 

For the record, it's not that I'm arguing for any personal motive whether or not either of these things should be considered earning trophies in an illegitimate fashion. Just providing the comparison

I appreciate the thoughtful response, and I can see what you’re arguing. However, just think about it. You can actually “hack” the trophies without anyone realizing it, if you don’t tell anyone you’ll be fine, so what’s the problem really? If you can make them pop naturally then it’s people being elitist and wanting you to go through hours upon hours of grinding in the hope you would give up and they would get to keep their precious trophy rare, and most of them will have boosted it when the servers were still online lol 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Soufwar said:

So what’s the deal if you want get your trophies the same way you’ll get them from the main game if the servers still existed? 

The deal is that the servers are not running anymore.

 

Also the further deal is, that people don't grant other people what they can't have. Especially with trophies and especially on websites likes this.

I get your point, I really do, but there gotta be rules somewhere, and I think the rules on this matter are pretty self-explanatory. If you cheat and get away with it though, you just cheated smart.

 

-My 2 Cents on that.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Joker said:

The deal is that the servers are not running anymore.

 

Also the further deal is, that people don't grant other people what they can't have. Especially with trophies and especially on websites likes this.

I get your point, I really do, but there gotta be rules somewhere, and I think the rules on this matter are pretty self-explanatory. If you cheat and get away with it though, you just cheated smart.

 

-My 2 Cents on that.

Thing is, you can cheat and get away with like most games on PS3, it’s like Flow having a cheat for most of its trophies by downloading the DLC before the main game and having most of its trophies autopop. I really don’t see a problem with going on a private server and getting your trophies instead of grinding for them for weeks. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the only thing you need to do is change your DNS codes on your console, then you're online on this game, I don't think that should be considered flaggable. It's not in the rules for flagging on this website. However, if the private servers do auto-pop people's trophies as soon as they get online, that would be flaggable and people would surely know that was going to be the result. I think if using a private server only affects the game by allowing you to get online on a once dead game, it shouldn't be flagged. Using a proxy server to get a lot of XP on Aliens vs Predator is considered a legitimate method to get the trophies, so someone using some IP addresses to get online on a game shouldn't get flagged for playing the game online, they never had to mod their own console or use other people's save files to get online. Also, people sometimes use Google's DNS server to get online on PSN because it makes their internet faster on the console, are people going to get flagged for doing that if they admit it? It's basically the same process as if you try to get online on the Demon's Souls private servers. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can the private servers be made for any game? I would love to do Resisance 2 platinum but since the servers are down i won't even start it. Would that be possible to set up private server on this game, earn MP trophies long after official server shutdown and not get flagged?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/6/2018 at 7:06 AM, Sergen said:

If the only thing you need to do is change your DNS codes on your console, then you're online on this game, I don't think that should be considered flaggable. It's not in the rules for flagging on this website. However, if the private servers do auto-pop people's trophies as soon as they get online, that would be flaggable and people would surely know that was going to be the result. I think if using a private server only affects the game by allowing you to get online on a once dead game, it shouldn't be flagged. Using a proxy server to get a lot of XP on Aliens vs Predator is considered a legitimate method to get the trophies, so someone using some IP addresses to get online on a game shouldn't get flagged for playing the game online, they never had to mod their own console or use other people's save files to get online. Also, people sometimes use Google's DNS server to get online on PSN because it makes their internet faster on the console, are people going to get flagged for doing that if they admit it? It's basically the same process as if you try to get online on the Demon's Souls private servers. 

 

Yes, unfortunately if you admit the truth you go to jail, I would know. (Never telling the truth/trying to help anybody anymore, that's for damn sure)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/6/2018 at 7:06 AM, Sergen said:

If the only thing you need to do is change your DNS codes on your console, then you're online on this game, I don't think that should be considered flaggable. It's not in the rules for flagging on this website. However, if the private servers do auto-pop people's trophies as soon as they get online, that would be flaggable and people would surely know that was going to be the result. I think if using a private server only affects the game by allowing you to get online on a once dead game, it shouldn't be flagged. Using a proxy server to get a lot of XP on Aliens vs Predator is considered a legitimate method to get the trophies, so someone using some IP addresses to get online on a game shouldn't get flagged for playing the game online, they never had to mod their own console or use other people's save files to get online. Also, people sometimes use Google's DNS server to get online on PSN because it makes their internet faster on the console, are people going to get flagged for doing that if they admit it? It's basically the same process as if you try to get online on the Demon's Souls private servers. 

Thank you, I feel like the only reason why people want this to be flaggable is that the rest of the community has to go the hard way to discourage any future holder of the platinum! They just want their ultra rare trophies which in my opinion is bullshit. 

On 3/6/2018 at 7:41 AM, harrypotter1997 said:

Can the private servers be made for any game? I would love to do Resisance 2 platinum but since the servers are down i won't even start it. Would that be possible to set up private server on this game, earn MP trophies long after official server shutdown and not get flagged?

They brought back the servers for the original PS3 version of Bulletstorm so I wouldn’t be surprised if they did that in the future for Resistance! 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I admit that I didn't read most of this thread, but I have to ask 1 thing..

 

Is there any legit point to go through all this trouble to get a plat that's possible to do 100% offline? In the case of that GTA5 trophy I can see a point in debating it to some extent, since otherwise is impossible ro get the trophy, but in this one, I really don't see a point... 

 

Sure the plat will be a bit longer, then if people drop you the items and "carry you" through all game, but if you know what you are doing, it takes less then 50 hours to plat offline (at least it took me on my 2nd plat, the 1st was close to 90 hours).

 

7 minutes ago, Soufwar said:

Thank you, I feel like the only reason why people want this to be flaggable is that the rest of the community has to go the hard way to discourage any future holder of the platinum! They just want their ultra rare trophies which in my opinion is bullshit. 

Since when did Demon's Souls trophies got UR? Last time I checked the plat was just Rare, not even VR..

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

I admit that I didn't read most of this thread, but I have to ask 1 thing..

 

Is there any legit point to go through all this trouble to get a plat that's possible to do 100% offline? In the case of that GTA5 trophy I can see a point in debating it to some extent, since otherwise is impossible ro get the trophy, but in this one, I really don't see a point... 

 

Sure the plat will be a bit longer, then if people drop you the items and "carry you" through all game, but if you know what you are doing, it takes less then 50 hours to plat offline (at least it took me on my 2nd plat, the 1st was close to 90 hours).

 

Since when did Demon's Souls trophies got UR? Last time I checked the plat was just Rare, not even VR..

Well, you can go through the whole game legit. Or, you can play it legit and enjoy it for all it has to offer, get everything done that is easy and doable and then get a friend to drop you what you need to pop the harder trophies easily. We don’t all have time to spend in only one game. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Servers were up for over 9 years in Japan. I remember the initial close-down date. It used to tell you the exact date when you turned on the game. Original shut down date was 11th October 2011. :P It was like, that's the day we've paid server costs to, so that's when it shuts down. xD 

 

On 3/6/2018 at 1:06 PM, Sergen said:

If the only thing you need to do is change your DNS codes on your console, then you're online on this game, I don't think that should be considered flaggable. It's not in the rules for flagging on this website. However, if the private servers do auto-pop people's trophies as soon as they get online, that would be flaggable and people would surely know that was going to be the result. I think if using a private server only affects the game by allowing you to get online on a once dead game, it shouldn't be flagged. Using a proxy server to get a lot of XP on Aliens vs Predator is considered a legitimate method to get the trophies, so someone using some IP addresses to get online on a game shouldn't get flagged for playing the game online, they never had to mod their own console or use other people's save files to get online. Also, people sometimes use Google's DNS server to get online on PSN because it makes their internet faster on the console, are people going to get flagged for doing that if they admit it? It's basically the same process as if you try to get online on the Demon's Souls private servers. 

 

You're still on about the DNS stuff? I facepalm every time I read you say that stuff. And saying something isn't in the list of common stuff Mango has listed doesn't mean you can't get flagged for it.

 

On 3/5/2018 at 9:45 AM, Soufwar said:

Alright, so I got the game a few days ago on sale and i am wondering. We all know by now that the servers were shut down after 8 years, let’s take a moment to thank the publishers for giving people 8 years of a niche game. Anyways, there is private servers running now where you can get all the items and everything you want right away to help with the grind, my question is, will that be considered cheating? Because GTA V’s bounty needs hacking but this literally needs you to login to a different server and the game is still entirely obtainable even after the server shut down. So what do you think? Please provide clear and constructive reasons for your opinion or don’t comment at all. And i would like to hear from moderators as well because as a community we need to set the record straight before someone falls and then we’ll have them trying to defend themselves for being flagged. Lets make sure that we keep this very constructive, thank you. 

 

Seeing as it's a private server, the answer is yes. It's also a bit more problematic game because it does more than just match making or authenticate etc. I heard they were going to release it public, so might change then.

 

Anyway, you don't need the online to get the platinum, and the game goes from a first timer time of 5-10 hours to like 15-25 hours.

 

20 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

 

Sure the plat will be a bit longer, then if people drop you the items and "carry you" through all game, but if you know what you are doing, it takes less then 50 hours to plat offline (at least it took me on my 2nd plat, the 1st was close to 90 hours).

 

50 and 90 hours??? Dude, it can be done for a first timer in 15-25 hours just fine, and second time around probably take 10-15 hours. It depends a bit on the Pure Bladestone drop.

Edited by MMDE
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just beat the game then have your buddy drop everything you need in ng+. There will be no way to know if you played on a private server or not. As long as either the Old King Doran or Phalanx trophies are your first trophy, and all the boss trophies are in logical order, you can't be flagged for the game.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Soufwar said:

Well, you can go through the whole game legit. Or, you can play it legit and enjoy it for all it has to offer, get everything done that is easy and doable and then get a friend to drop you what you need to pop the harder trophies easily. We don’t all have time to spend in only one game. 

I can somewhat understand that, and I actually helped a few with it. But what I'm pointing out is that with the official servers closed is there any legit reason to go out of your way to get those trophies?

 

This just opens a door for anyone doing "the story legit" and auto-pop everything right after..

 

And seriously, you had years to do it (and the game have been on ps+ before + into massive sales for the last years), so time and price don't look as good reason to only want to play it now for the platinum. If you don't have the time to get trophies legit, then don't get the trophies.. is t that hard? In the past I had more time, so I would get more time consuming trophies, now I don't have as much time, so I don't get as many time consuming trophies, simple.

 

11 minutes ago, MMDE said:

50 and 90 hours??? Dude, it can be done for a first timer in 15-25 hours just fine.

100% offline (3 and a bit playthroughs)? That's impressive. I guess that it took me that long because I was enjoying it so much that I did took my time (I wasn't speed runing for sure). And this just decreases the lack of time argument.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Phil said:

Just beat the game then have your buddy drop everything you need in ng+. There will be no way to know if you played on a private server or not. As long as either the Old King Doran or Phalanx trophies are your first trophy, and all the boss trophies are in logical order, you can't be flagged for the game.

 

This is actually not entirely true, but not that far off.

 

1 minute ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

100% offline (3 and a bit playthroughs)? That's impressive. I guess that it took me that long because I was enjoying it so much that I did took my time (I wasn't speed runing for sure). And this just decreases the lack of time argument.

 

You don't need to do 3 playthroughs.

 

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/demon-s-souls/143019-basic-guide-demons-souls.html

 

 

Edited by MMDE
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Seeing as it's a private server, the answer is yes. It's also a bit more problematic game because it does more than just match making or authenticate etc. I heard they were going to release it public, so might change then.

 

Wait, I'm confused, Sly's take on this was very clear. As long as you do it while you have to meet the normal requirements to pop it, you're in the clear. What's up with that?

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, NamoPh said:

 

Wait, I'm confused, Sly's take on this was very clear. As long as you do it while you have to meet the normal requirements to pop it, you're in the clear. What's up with that?

 

 

 

He talked about Bulletstorm, or at least that one project, AFAIK, and I've talked with him about this. Private servers etc is not okay, just too much drama and uncertainty over it. By private, I don't mean that you host it locally or something, but that other people should have the same access, preferably shared project so anyone can host. Last I heard this project was going to go public, so wouldn't stress it that much, but hold off on it for the moment if you plan on using it to earn trophies, which you don't need to, at all. Nobody has yet been flagged since the servers went down.

Edited by MMDE
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All I am trying to say is that in theory I can get everything legit, wait a week or so and then unlock the bloodstone trophy through this server and no one will ever know. Because it will look legit and I can tell everyone I did it the legit way, although I didn’t. Why push the community into this corner when a game has had its servers reopened so we can all enjoy it and not let it die? I don’t understand why people are saying no to this. There is no reason to flag anyone that uses this server since it brings a game back! Convince me why we should let the Demon’s Souls servers die? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MMDE said:

 

He talked about Bulletstorm, or at least that one project, AFAIK, and I've talked with him about this. Private servers etc is not okay, just too much drama and uncertainty over it. By private, I don't mean that you host it locally or something, but that other people should have the same access, preferably shared project so anyone can host. Last I heard this project was going to go public, so wouldn't stress it that much, but hold off on it for the moment if you plan on using it to earn trophies, which you don't need to, at all. Nobody has yet been flagged since the servers went down.

 

Unreal Tournament 3 also is obtainable with the use of the method that brings back Bulletstorm and I've been streaming the Online Champion trophy here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_ta7jp0orc but as for Demon's Souls unlike games that have publicly been revived, people can also apply a modded save file to the game and earn the trophies offline for that game and you've flagged a lot of people who did that. At least with something like Gonespy, you can prove you've been playing the game online and getting the trophies fairly. I hope I wouldn't be flagged for UT3 considering I've had the stream up for over 18 hours now to show that the method I've been using is legitimate. I'm not having an unfair advantage because I've used a publicly available guide and Sly also permits using the custom servers as long as no modding has been done to the online aspect of the game. At least for something like Demon's Souls if I do the game I'll gladly do the whole thing offline without a custom server because it's all available offline but I think if a custom server is publicly available for anyone to use and they don't mod the online aspect of the game, they shouldn't be flagged especially when Sly has left his opinion on the matter publicly. 

Edited by Sergen
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MMDE said:

 

This is actually not entirely true, but not that far off.

 

 

You don't need to do 3 playthroughs.

 

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/demon-s-souls/143019-basic-guide-demons-souls.html

 

 

Ok, but when I meant offline, I was talking of no dupe glitch for soul bosses, if I'm not wrong, there's 1 that you need 4 total (or maybe I made something wrong that forced me to get into NG+++? Not sure, since it was ages ago..)

Edited by Han_the_Dragon
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sergen said:

 

Unreal Tournament 3 also is obtainable with the use of the method that brings back Bulletstorm and I've been streaming the Online Champion trophy here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_ta7jp0orc but as for Demon's Souls unlike games that have publicly been revived, people can also apply a modded save file to the game and earn the trophies offline for that game and you've flagged a lot of people who did that. At least with something like Gonespy, you can prove you've been playing the game online and getting the trophies fairly. I hope I wouldn't be flagged for UT3 considering I've had the stream up for over 18 hours now to show that the method I've been using is legitimate. I'm not having an unfair advantage because I've used a publicly available guide and Sly also permits using the custom servers as long as no modding has been done to the online aspect of the game. At least for something like Demon's Souls if I do the game I'll gladly do the whole thing offline without a custom server because it's all available offline but I think if a custom server is publicly available for anyone to use and they don't mod the online aspect of the game, they shouldn't be flagged especially when Sly has left his opinion on the matter publicly. 

I agree, this is a server that doesn't give you any online advantage except playing with other people, its literally the same online server as the one Atlus used to operate. It really is just bitter people wanting to keep their shiny plat barely obtainable now. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Soufwar said:

I agree, this is a server that doesn't give you any online advantage except playing with other people, its literally the same online server as the one Atlus used to operate. It really is just bitter people wanting to keep their shiny plat barely obtainable now. 

 

I don't know how Demon's Souls works, but with Gonespy you can't play online with someone else unless you are able to invite them to your lobby. I am playing Unreal Tournament 3 and making progress towards Online Champion because the trophy can be done with 1 PS3 solo with bots without playing with online players. I am completely proving myself for Unreal Tournament 3 so nobody should suspect I have modded the game at all, I am simply using a custom server and doing the requirements fairly and anyone else has the opportunity to do what I'm doing. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.