Far Cry 5 Trophy Thoughts

kksligh

9 hours ago, KIERONOO said:

Play 3 quests with a friend. Hate multiplayer trophies.

At least you don't have to have 3 other players like Dying Light. I'm fine with co-op in something like Monster Hunter World or Left 4 Dead but I really don't want to play through a story-based campaign with somebody else.

52 minutes ago, Californicated92 said:

This ^ I’ll be trying this asap

Hope you post in here and let us know!

I really hope there's some sort of splitscreen stuff.

I've checked some quests and worst case that we need some people from here it's super easy. I read on powerpyx his site there are quests to do stuff like: "kill bears, slap some cows" so it shouldnt be to bad 

11 hours ago, Dangisuckatgamin said:

"Complete 3 side missions (Solo campaign only)"

Just popped in coop for me. So maybe it's not solo campaign only..

EDIT: the 3 treasure (solo campaign) trophy just popped for me too. It seems it's host only that gets these though.

Why on earth did there have to be so many clumsy rules that are so badly explained? You both get character progression; you both get one specific multiplayer trophy; only the host gets several other trophies that say solo only; only the host gets storyline progression — why did it have to be like this?! This is a game about banging bad people in the face with a shovel and having a pet bear; why did it need all this stuff that reads like tax law?

20 minutes ago, Dwightsarmy14 said:

Whats up with the Solo only trophies? does the host still get them. Or if a play a mission with a friend am I screwed? Is there anyway to replay a mission after I have completed it, or if I play a mission with a solo trophy attached in co-op do I have to replay the whole game 

My assumption would be that the host would get the trophy while the person entering their game would not. Progression in the host game should not affect progression in the game of the guest, so once you leave the host game you should be back to wherever you were in your own game.

In other words, I would assume that if you join my game and help me get a trophy, you will return back to your game afterwards without having made any progress in your game. I'm pretty sure that co-op progression only affects the host of the co-op session and not the guest. It wouldn't make sense otherwise.

1 minute ago, Swotam said:

My assumption would be that the host would get the trophy while the person entering their game would not. Progression in the host game should not affect progression in the game of the guest, so once you leave the host game you should be back to wherever you were in your own game.

In other words, I would assume that if you join my game and help me get a trophy, you will return back to your game afterwards without having made any progress in your game. I'm pretty sure that co-op progression only affects the host of the co-op session and not the guest. It wouldn't make sense otherwise.

Okay. It would have been better had they done it like Ghost Recon where all missions and collectables you get in someone else's game carries back over to your ow game.

1 minute ago, Dwightsarmy14 said:

Okay. It would have been better had they done it like Ghost Recon where all missions and collectables you get in someone else's game carries back over to your ow game.

Agreed. I assume it's because the story mission progression could be different for the two players, so if I'm 2/3 through the game and you are 1/3 through the game you wouldn't expect to get late game trophies by helping me when you haven't completed the missions that would come before. I'm just speculating, but since they've made it drop in / drop out co-op it's probably the best way to deal with it.

Of course, if you have two people playing through the whole game together it's sort of annoying, since only one person will actually progress (I assume).