kksligh

Far Cry 5 Trophy Thoughts

45 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, KIERONOO said:

Play 3 quests with a friend. Hate multiplayer trophies.

 

At least you don't have to have 3 other players like Dying Light. I'm fine with co-op in something like Monster Hunter World or Left 4 Dead but I really don't want to play through a story-based campaign with somebody else.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going to play this through with a friend as well. Hopefully the trophies bug and still pop for the host (i've had that happen in games that list the description as solo only.)

 

With that said, it looks like a fun list. Especially trying to take a bull down with your bare fist with a friend watching the carnage.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm wondering about the co-op part if it's possible to just connect a second controller and use a guest account and play 3 missions solo 😅

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

I'm wondering about the co-op part if it's possible to just connect a second controller and use a guest account and play 3 missions solo 😅

This ^ I’ll be trying this asap

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Californicated92 said:

This ^ I’ll be trying this asap

 

Hope you post in here and let us know!

 

I really hope there's some sort of splitscreen stuff.

 

I've checked some quests and worst case that we need some people from here it's super easy. I read on powerpyx his site there are quests to do stuff like: "kill bears, slap some cows" so it shouldnt be to bad 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

anyone know yet if we HAVE to go through the story solo to get the campaign solo trophies?  My friend wanted to play with me tonight but it those trophies won't pop I'll just talk to him while we play seperately

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see any difficulty trophies.

 

It didn't give me a difficulty option when I started the game but once I exited the game and went to new game it asked if I wanted to play on easy, medium or hard so I might switch it to easy

Edited by NutellaOrgies
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone tell me if BOTH players get the achievement when doing:

 

47S944cc0.png Hitting it Off
Play 3 quests with a friend (Campaign only).
  10.91%
RARE
40-bronze.png

 

 

or does only the host get it ?

Edited by Yoey_666
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yoey_666 said:

Can anyone tell me if BOTH players get the achievement when doing:

 

47S944cc0.png Hitting it Off
Play 3 quests with a friend (Campaign only).
  10.91%
RARE
40-bronze.png

 

 

or does only the host get it ?

 

Bumping the question. Would really like to know as well

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yoey_666 said:

Can anyone tell me if BOTH players get the achievement when doing:

 

47S944cc0.png Hitting it Off
Play 3 quests with a friend (Campaign only).
  10.91%
RARE
40-bronze.png

 

 

or does only the host get it ?

 

Both will get it. No worries.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dalailama1989 said:

 

Both will get it. No worries.

 

Thanks for clearing things up mate !

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Yoey_666 said:

 

Thanks for clearing things up mate !

 

Thanks, Finishing AC:Rogue and will get it for sure now =)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like your standard Far Cry trophy list to me. I'm looking forward to playing it at some point. I'm so tempted to get it now, but I decided to leave it a while

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Complete 3 side missions (Solo campaign only)"

Just popped in coop for me. So maybe it's not solo campaign only..

 

EDIT: the 3 treasure (solo campaign) trophy just popped for me too. It seems it's host only that gets these though.

Edited by Dangisuckatgamin
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Dangisuckatgamin said:

"Complete 3 side missions (Solo campaign only)"

Just popped in coop for me. So maybe it's not solo campaign only..

 

EDIT: the 3 treasure (solo campaign) trophy just popped for me too. It seems it's host only that gets these though.

 

 

Why on earth did there have to be so many clumsy rules that are so badly explained? You both get character progression; you both get one specific multiplayer trophy; only the host gets several other trophies that say solo only; only the host gets storyline progression — why did it have to be like this?! This is a game about banging bad people in the face with a shovel and having a pet bear; why did it need all this stuff that reads like tax law?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whats up with the Solo only trophies? does the host still get them. Or if a play a mission with a friend am I screwed? Is there anyway to replay a mission after I have completed it, or if I play a mission with a solo trophy attached in co-op do I have to replay the whole game 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Dwightsarmy14 said:

Whats up with the Solo only trophies? does the host still get them. Or if a play a mission with a friend am I screwed? Is there anyway to replay a mission after I have completed it, or if I play a mission with a solo trophy attached in co-op do I have to replay the whole game 

 

My assumption would be that the host would get the trophy while the person entering their game would not. Progression in the host game should not affect progression in the game of the guest, so once you leave the host game you should be back to wherever you were in your own game.

 

In other words, I would assume that if you join my game and help me get a trophy, you will return back to your game afterwards without having made any progress in your game. I'm pretty sure that co-op progression only affects the host of the co-op session and not the guest. It wouldn't make sense otherwise.

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Swotam said:

 

My assumption would be that the host would get the trophy while the person entering their game would not. Progression in the host game should not affect progression in the game of the guest, so once you leave the host game you should be back to wherever you were in your own game.

 

In other words, I would assume that if you join my game and help me get a trophy, you will return back to your game afterwards without having made any progress in your game. I'm pretty sure that co-op progression only affects the host of the co-op session and not the guest. It wouldn't make sense otherwise.

 

 

Okay. It would have been better had they done it like Ghost Recon where all missions and collectables you get in someone else's game carries back over to your ow game.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dwightsarmy14 said:

Okay. It would have been better had they done it like Ghost Recon where all missions and collectables you get in someone else's game carries back over to your ow game.

 

Agreed. I assume it's because the story mission progression could be different for the two players, so if I'm 2/3 through the game and you are 1/3 through the game you wouldn't expect to get late game trophies by helping me when you haven't completed the missions that would come before. I'm just speculating, but since they've made it drop in / drop out co-op it's probably the best way to deal with it.

 

Of course, if you have two people playing through the whole game together it's sort of annoying, since only one person will actually progress (I assume).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The host will get the solo trophies.

Your coop partner can get the "Campaign (the non-solo ones)" trophies in your session too.

Stinks it has to be like this but at least the host can get the solo trophies. I'll just play through it twice and help my friend get them.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.